• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 713 Views, 8 Comments

Royal Pains (Remastered Version) - Bronyprophet



On a sunny day, Celestia heads to her old students castle, and asks her to take a break from her duties, to join her for some lunch. Due to Twilight refusing to take a break in weeks. Celestia knew that Twilight would burn out, with that type of life

  • ...
2
 8
 713

Chapter 2 Love & Scorn

As Twilight awoke the next day, she was still seething, she walked down to the throne room, and when she made it to the throne room, she heard a knock at her door, she went to the door and opened it, and standing before her was Celestia, and Luna, the two ponies she wanted to see the most.

"Hello, my dearest Twilight, how was your date last night." Celestia greeted.

"Hmm, let me think about that dreamy date. HA! It was a living nightmare, I would of rather been imprisoned for 1000 moons in Tartarus, then gone on that pointless night. He was the most egotistical, narcissistic, jerk face I have ever met! he thought he was better then everypony else! So no I did not enjoy the date, one bit, and it just proves that its a waste of time to date, or even find somepony!" Twilight stated, exploding with rage. So much so, that Twilights' mane lit on fire, her eyes turned red with fury, and her pelt turned a blazing yellowy white.

"Oh Twilight, I'm so sorry for choosing such a suitor, and he will be reprimanded for the way he acted. I'll make sure that he is stripped of his Knighthood. My dearest Twilight, the next date will be better, Luna picked this stallion out. He is an alicorn, he's handsome and known through his land as the kind hearted prince. He will be arriving at 8:00." Celestia replied, infuriated at how this knight treated her Twilight. Though Celestia felt a portion of regret for her bad judgement, to put Twilight through such mental stress.

"You already organised another date, you knew that we weren't compatible!" Twilight accused.

"We did have our doubts Twilight, but I did want it to workout for you in the end." Celestia admitted.

"Not to mention, he has everything you have dreamed about, he's strong, brave, handsome, knowledgeable, skilled with magic and he's great at organising, and his timing is perfect. He is kindred to you, and he's your age in alicorn years. He was even so polite as to tell me his girth, and it's exactly what you imagined in your dreams." Luna added, trying to reassure Twilight.

"Oh, if he's soo good, you date him!" Twilight snapped, in the royal Canterlot Voice. Twilight was surprised at her new found ability, she didn't know she could use the Royal Canterlot Voice. However as Twilight finished her sentence, a cunning plan came to her mind. "Why don't you date him? Twilight you're a genius." Twilight thought to herself.

After Celestia and Luna heard what Twilight said, they saw her suddenly calm down. Which would of been normal, if it wasn't to do with the current circumstances. "Twilight, are you okay?" Celestia asked.

"Oh I'm completely fine Tia, I just realised that I better prepare for my date. After I let Lunas' words sink in, it actually sounds nice. I would like to meet him." Twilight replied, sounding more sinister then sincere.

"Okay... Twilight, are you sure you feel alright?" Luna inquired a second time.

"Yes, I'm actually looking forward to this date. Though you two better get going, you must be so busy being Equestrias' Princesses. You must have mountains of duties to complete. I also have a mountain of friendship problems to solve, before my date." Twilight replied, ushering the two princesses out of her door, before shutting it.


As Luna, and Celestia, made it to their carriage and sat down. The carriage started making its' way back to Canterlot.

"Do you think Twilight could be thinking of something sinister to do to us, in retaliation for forcing her to date?" Luna inquired.

"Our Twilight, sinister? it's impossible, she is a good student, and the princess of friendship. She would never do anything to hurt somepony. I think she has finally accepted what we are trying to do for her." Celestia replied, reassuring herself, and Luna.

"hmm, There was something that didn't sound right about how she said; she was looking forward to the date we planned. I believe we should use the scrying stone on her date this time, to make sure nothing goes wrong. I really want to make Twilight happy." Luna suggested, to her sister.

"I believe it would be the best for our dearest Twilight. We both want Twilight to find somepony." Celestia agreed.



While Luna, and Celestia, were attending to their royal duties, Twilight quickly finished hers with remarkable speed, and wrote a letter to Cadance and Shining Armour asking them to visit her, to help her with something. Twilight didn't mention what it was. But her plans were in place now. All Twilight had left to do, was get ready for her date tonight.

After she was prepared, the clock struck 8, and as if on cue, she heard a knock on the door. She opened the door, and standing before her was the most handsome stallion she had ever seen. He had a snow white pelt, golden eyes, a platinum blond mane, with stars shining through it.

"Salutations your majesty, my name is Zephyr Star Strider, would you do me the honour of joining me on this night?" He Introduced himself, with his deep smooth voice, before kissing her hoof gently.

"H.. e lo.. my ah Twi...ight... kle." Twilight attempted to say flustered, before thinking to herself. "Good on you Twilight, you just made a fool out of yourself, and he is your type." Twilight took a deep breath to compose herself, then tried again. "Good evening Zephyr, my name is Twilight Sparkle. I would love to join you on this night." Twilight curtsied.

"You look magnificent tonight, miss Sparkle," Zephyr formally complimented, before escorting Twilight to his carriage. He opened the door for her, let her enter first, then followed her into the carriage.

"You live in quite the beautiful palace, who was the crystal mason who built it?" Zephyr inquired.

"Actually it wasn't built, but was made by magic. My friends and I carry a really important responsibility, we are the guardians of harmony." Twilight replied, feeling a little more calmer around this pony. Which surprised Twilight, she wasn't use to feeling comfortable around stallions, let alone other ponies she wasn't friends with.

"That sounds interesting, please do tell me more." Zephyr stated, genuinely interested in Twilight. He had never been so interested in any princess before, but there was something about her that he really liked. He liked That spark of intelligence in her beautiful amethyst eyes, and her regal persona, yet, she was humble.

As the duo continued to their destination, Twilight told him all about her adventures, and the adventures of her friends, and how they became the bearers of the elements of harmony. He told her about what his responsibility was, and his very own adventures.

Once they made it to the restaurant Twilight chose. He opened the door for her, and helped her down gently with his hoof. Once they entered the restaurant, he pulled a chair out for her and seated her, before seating himself. They continued to talk the night away while they waited for their meals.

"Tell me Zephyr, what's your country like?" Twilight asked.

"I would love to show it to you, it's very beautiful there. It has brilliant waterfalls, and beaches. The breeze in the summer, is always at the best temperature, cool, but not cold, warm, but not hot." Zephyr explained.

"That sounds lovely, I will have to visit it one day." Twilight replied.

"Would you like to come with me, when I leave tomorrow? I really enjoy your company." Zephyr offered.

"I would love to Zephyr." Twilight stated, before thinking to herself, "What are you doing Twilight, you only just met this pony, and you already want to be whisked away by him, off to a distant land." Twilight had been confused, she never felt so attracted to anypony before.

"Okay Twilight, we will leave at first light, in the morning. Would you mind if I stayed at your palace tonight?" Zephyr asked, nervously fidgeting. He really liked Twilight, and didn't want anything more, then to just be there with her.

"I guess that would be okay." Twilight replied, becoming very nervous all the sudden.

As the two were finishing their meals, a silhouette perched itself on a nearby roof top. The glint of steel in the moonlight created an eerie scene. He was watching Twilight, and Zephyr, enjoying their night out together. waiting for the moment to strike, like a predator watching its pray, with a vengeful glare in his eyes.

Twilight and Zephyr finish their meals, paying for the food, before they started making their way out of the restaurant, back to the Carriage. As they left the restaurant, Zephyr heard a faint click in the distance, causing his ears to twitch. Zephyr started to scan around wondering where the click came from. He recognised it from his time as a warrior, it was the click of a crossbow being loaded.

The silhouette set his sights on the leaving couple. He knocked his bolt, and started to line up the shot, he wanted to make sure he hit his target perfectly, so there was no chance she could survive. He controlled his breathing, his breathing was calm, collected and slow. As the silhouette exhaled, the sound of the sudden thrum, broke the stillness of the night. The bolt flew true, directly at Twilight, an evil smile appeared on his face.

Zephyr heard the thrum of a crossbow, he looked to the direction of the sound, and he saw the bolt spiralling towards Twilight.

"TWILIGHT!" Zephyr shouted with urgency.


Celestia, and Luna, had been watching the date unfold, and were happy they made the right choice. They could see the soon to be couple getting along really well. Celestia was overjoyed as she watched the two make it to the restaurant. Though, soon Celestia saw something worrying, she saw a hooded Silhouette jumping from roof to roof, before setting up something. She had a bad feeling something bad was going to happen, very soon.

Celestia felt helpless, she could not teleport that far, let alone fly fast enough. she could only pray, and watch helplessly from the side lines. She hoped that she was just paranoid, and it wasn't anything bad.

Author's Note:

Hi, I hope you are enjoying the story, and the cliff hanger. If you want to know what zephyr looks like, you can take a look here.

I

V