• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 711 Views, 8 Comments

Royal Pains (Remastered Version) - Bronyprophet



On a sunny day, Celestia heads to her old students castle, and asks her to take a break from her duties, to join her for some lunch. Due to Twilight refusing to take a break in weeks. Celestia knew that Twilight would burn out, with that type of life

  • ...
2
 8
 711

Prologue

It had been a regular day in Ponyville, the temperature was warm, and the breez was cool, the ponies of Equestria were going about there regular tasks.

Celestia had finished her royal duties for the day, and decided to visit Twilight, who was simply going through her mountains of Friendship reports from Ponyville. She had already solved Vinyle scratch and Octavias' problem, and she was about to help Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara with their problem, when Twilight heard a familiar voice comming from her door way.

"My dear Twilight, how would you like to take a break from your duties, and spend sometime with an old mentor."

"Oh celestia, a break sounds delightful, but I have so much work to do today. I can't possibly have a rest." Twilight replied, shocked at her mentors sudden appearance.

"My dearest Twilight, if you keep working, you will burn out. Everypony needs a break once in awhile. Even princesses." Celestia chuckled, in a motherly tone.

"you make a good point, I could take a small break." Twilight, reluctantly agreed.

The duo left the castle, after Twilight hesitated a few times, knowing she had so much work to do. Celestia and Twilight were heading to Celestias' favourite restaurant in Canterlot. As they were winding their way through the streets of Canterlot. Celestia couldnt help but notice that everywhere she walked, she saw couples.

After a few more minutes of walking, the group made it to the place they were going. They sat down, ordered their meals, and while they were waiting, Celestia noticed that this place happened to have a deal for couples.

When Celestia looked at Twilight, she remembered a time she was Twilights age, and how she wanted so badly to find that special pony to hold her, and gaze lovingly at her, while the stallion of her dreams would whisper sweet nothings into her ear, making her feel like the most special mare in Equestria. This was a time, when her father and mother were around, before a great tragedy took them away from her, and her sister.

When her parents died, she had to become the responsible ruler she is today, but in turn, her first sacrifice, was that she could not fulfill her hearts desire. As she thought of this, she felt a tear roll down the side of her face, from the pain brought to the surface, from the memory. She quickly used some magic, to vaporise the tear, hoping Twilight didn't notice.

After the two ate their meals, Celestia set the sun, and Luna rose the moon. while Celestia made it back to her castle, she couldnt stop thinking about the many couples around. They had reawoken her desire to find somepony, however she knew she couldnt find her dream stallion. She thought back to Twilight, and realised that she still didnt have a coltfriend, or any suitor. Celestia soon had an idea, she would help Twilight find her happiness.

Just because she couldnt find love, it didnt mean that Twilight couldnt. She would make sure she could help Twilight, find her special somepony, so she wouldnt have to live alone for all eternity. She didnt want her most beloved pony, next to her sister, to deal with the suffering she had to deal with.

Celestia started galloping back to the castle, to tell Luna about what she wanted to do for Twilight. After a brief gallop through the night, she entered her castle, and told Luna about her plan.

"Tia, thats a wonderful idea. Twilight deserves to find somepony. She has been dreaming about finding a partner, among other things. I'll gladly help you with your plan. Though, where do we start?" Luna said, clapping her hooves together.

"Well, I have already found a potential suitor for her. There is a young knight from Trottinghem, who is single, he is a decent looking Stallion, and he is really well known in his country. He's brave, and kind. Here, take a look." Celestia stated, before handing the scrying stone to Luna.

"Oh yes, I believe he is a good fit, for our Twilight." Luna stated in agreement.


As the sun rose on the next day, and Celestia was well rested. She started making her way to Twilights castle, to tell her of the good news.

After a few hours of travel, she had finally made it to Twilights castle. Celestia knocked on the door, and Spike answered the door.

"Good afternoon Celestia, come in, I'll get Twilight for you." Spike respectfully stated.

Celestia sat down at the table of Friendship, and waited. It wasn't long before Twilight came trotting down the stairs, leading from the library.

"Hello Celestia, what can I help you with?" Twilight inquired.

"My dearest Twilight, its not what you can help me with, but what I want to help you with. You are always spending so much time alone in this castle, with no pony else, but your friends, and spike. I want to help you find your special somepony." Celestia excitedly replied. She expected Twilight to be elated, but instead her actuall reaction was more or less expected.

"Thats okay, I'm not interested in dating, im completely fine being alone. I dont need a Handsome stallion to keep me company, and to hold me tightly, as we stare deeply into each others eyes. Besides, Im far too busy to have a coltfriend." Twilight stated, failing to realise what she actually thought aloud.

Celestia didnt reply, she just rose an eyebrow.

"Okay, I do get lonely, but I still dont want to date a pony." Twilight stated, realising that she couldnt hide anything from her mentor.

"I know Twilight, and I knew you would say that, that's why Luna and I are dropping you in the deep end. We have set up a date for you, with a knight from Trottinghem." Celestia stated, knowingly.

"You mean, you didnt even ask me!" Twilight stated, shocked at what she heard.

"Twilight, I dont want you to be alone for eternity. I'm sorry for not asking first, but I knew you would never agree with it. you're too stubborn." Celestia stated.

"It doesnt matter, I'm not going, you can just tell him that I changed my mind." Twilight stomped her foot on the ground.

"Twilight, you will go, and I'm not going to take no for an answer. You will enjoy yourself." Celestia said, in a raised tone sounding more like a mother lecturing her daughter.

"You cant make me!" Twilight stated.

"Im sorry Twilight, but you will go on this date, and you wont be late! He will be arriving at 7:00, so you best get ready." Celestia stated once more, in a stern tone, before leaving the room.

"OUF! WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER!" Twilight growled, to no one in particular, kicking her hoof in frustration.