• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 707 Views, 8 Comments

Royal Pains (Remastered Version) - Bronyprophet



On a sunny day, Celestia heads to her old students castle, and asks her to take a break from her duties, to join her for some lunch. Due to Twilight refusing to take a break in weeks. Celestia knew that Twilight would burn out, with that type of life

  • ...
2
 8
 707

Chapter 5 Love and Travel

Cadance, and Twilight, were hard at work searching for suitors, while Flurry Heart played quietly with her toys, in her play room. They had found a couple of suitors, but the ones that Cadance knew that liked Celestia, and Luna, were two reformed villains, the one that liked Celestia, was Discord, and the one who liked Luna, was Sombra.

As Zephyr and Shining Armour entered the library, after their sparring session. They saw books, and old highschool albums spread wide, and far, on the table, in the centre of Twilights library.

"How is the search going?" Shining asked the two princesses.

"welcome back honey, the search is going well. How do you feel about Twilights mate now?" Cadance inquired, approaching her husband.

"My sister is lucky to have such a fine stallion." Shining replied in approval, as he embraced his wife.

While shining was Embracing his wife, Zephyr had walked over to Twilight, and embraced her lovingly.

"I'm glad my brother didn't Hurt you Zeph, I would of been beside myself if something happened to you." Twilight replied with acumen, embracing Zeph in return, and pecking him on the cheek.

"Your brother would never hurt me, Twilight, he knows how much it would hurt you. He cares deeply for you, some would only wish to have a brother like that." Zeph reassured.

After the mares welcomed their respectable partners back from their sparring session, the two princesses filled them in on their choices of suitors for Celestia, and Luna, and who they had chosen first. For Luna, Cadance, and Twilight, had chosen to set up a date with Sombra; and for Celestia, they chose Discord.

Cadance knew her mentors well, and she knew that Celestia, and Luna, had crushes on these two ponies. She got the magical feeling she normally got, when she helped a pony find their special somepony.

Cadance had a strong feeling, that these matches would end up working out for Celestia, and Luna. Once that was decided, a fire message was sent off to both Sombra and Discord telling them of the recent decision. After the message was sent, and she received her reply from the stallion, and draconequus. Cadance, Twilight, Shining, and Zeph, started making their way to Canterlot, to tell the two princesses about their dates.

After a few hours of travel, the group made it to Canterlot castle, and entered the throne room; where they saw Luna and Celestia going over their daily royal duties.

"What has happened?" Celestia immediately asked, when she saw the group, she thought that something was attacking Equestria again.

"Nothing has happened Celestia, we have came here to tell you of your date." Twilight stated calmly, trying to calm her mentors nerves.

"My date?" Celestia asked tilting her head to the side in perplexion.

"Yes, and not only you, but your sister also." Cadance added.

"what? I don't recall having a date." Luna was taken back.

"Yes you do, we organised one for you, because you helped me find my stallion. I want to help you both find yours." Twilight explained.

"Twilight, we as princesses, cannot possibly go on a date with another pony, we are too important to do anything selfish. I know that much from my own transgression." Luna replied, Luna still felt regret for her refusing to lower the moon, and turning into nightmare moon.

"I figured you'd say that, that's why you wont have the option to decline. As stated in article 9, section 8, of the Equestrian Political Obligations. If a Princess is requested in attendance of any such meeting, the princess is then required by political obligation to attend the meeting. The law is hard, but the law is the law." Twilight stated as she smiled, she knew she had out thought her mentor. She knew that her mentor was now required by obligation to attend the date.

"Damn that law, I did that to keep the politicians happy, but I never thought it would be used against me in such a way." Celestia thought to herself, before she replied."Very well Twilight, the law clearly states that Luna, and I, have to attend the date. What time are the stallions suppose to be arriving, and what are their names." Celestia replied curtly, she was proud of her student for out matching her, but she was also slightly irritated that she would have to go on a date, even though she knew that she couldn't have a relationship, with anypony due to her age, and her immortality. She had also already lost the only one she wanted to be with, when her parents died, and he wouldn't like how she was now, she was sure of it.

"I'm glad you asked. For you Celestia, we have organised a date with Discord. Luna we have matched you with Sombra. They will be here at 8:00." Twilight explained.

Luna nearly fainted with shock, at hearing Sombras' name, she thought her secret lover was killed when he was evil. What was more surprising, was how did they know; even Celestia didn't know of her secret lover, so how did Twilight find out.

Luna had become quite nervous all the sudden, she could see her old lover again, and maybe, just maybe, he will be the way he was before that amulet took control of him, and turned him into a demon, Luna couldn't recognise as her lover.

When Celestia heard discords name, she instantly figured out that Cadance had chosen that one, she was the only one, who figured out that she had fallen for Discord, a long time ago. It was still a surprise though, she had thought that Discord, and Fluttershy, were a thing these days, so she would always feel jealous over Fluttershy.

however it turned out that it was not needed, she wondered if Discord had fallen for her too, However she disregarded the thought, it was impossible, she had to grow up, and had to stop pulling pranks and having fun with Discord, then she was placed on a pedestal for the world to look upon.

She felt like no one could love her because of her esteemed position, she thought she had been, ascended too high by grace, for any stallion to believe they have enough worth. She had been on this pedestal for so long now, that she had forgotten what ground level was, she couldn't hope for what she wanted so badly, it was only an aimless dream.

Soon after the date was organised, and Luna and Celestia were getting ready. Twilight had to start getting ready for her own extended date, to Zephyrs' country. When she arrived back at her castle, she packed her bag, and she waited till Zephyr was ready to leave, antsy with excitement.

Zephyr noticed that she was prancing on the spot, there was a pleasant buzz of excitement in the air, he figured that it was because twilight had been so excited. She reminded him of a filly, who had just got there cutey mark, he thought it was adorable.

Soon after they both were ready, Twilight said goodbye to her brother, and sister in law, then the couple got in their carriage, and started making their way to Zephyrs' country.