• Published 4th Mar 2018
  • 712 Views, 8 Comments

Royal Pains (Remastered Version) - Bronyprophet



On a sunny day, Celestia heads to her old students castle, and asks her to take a break from her duties, to join her for some lunch. Due to Twilight refusing to take a break in weeks. Celestia knew that Twilight would burn out, with that type of life

  • ...
2
 8
 712

Chapter 4 Introductions

After Zephyr had fully recovered, Shining Armour and Cadance, had arrived at Twilights Castle. Cadance gave Twilight a big hug when she arrived from the Crystal Empire, with the young Flurry Heart. Flurry Heart was old enough to talk, and walk now. She had aged faster then regular ponies, due to her being a pure blood alicorn. She had been roughly 5 years old now.

"Aunty Twilight!" The little filly screamed with glee.

"Oh my, how you've Grown Flurry." Twilight cooed, embracing Flurry Heart.

"Yep, I'm a big girl now." Flurry exclaimed excitedly.

"She's so precious." Zephyr stated, while he made his way down to the foyer of the palace.

"Twilight, I believe introductions are in order, who's this fine stallion." Cadance inquired.

Twilight blushed at first, from her embarrassment as Zephyr embraced her.

"Cadance, this is Zephyr, he is my colt friend. Zephyr meet my niece Flurry Heart, Shining Armour, and his wife Cadance." Twilight introduced, with a bright blush still upon her face.

"Look shiny, our Twily is all grown up. It's a pleasure to meet you Zephyr, my name is Cadance Mi'amore Cadenza." Cadence happily introduced herself.

"Hello Zephyr, I'm Flurry Heart, and Twilight is the best Aunty ever. In the whole history of Equestria. Are you going to be my uncle?" Flurry Heart stated with innocent honesty.

"Ha, ha, ha, its very nice to meet you Flurry Heart, Twilight has told me so much about you. Maybe I'll be your uncle one day, but for now lets just be the best of friends, okay?" Zephyr replied, gently ruffling her mane. He couldn't help but smile at the little filly, she was so adorable.

"Okay, best friend Zephyr!" Flurry heart skipped down the hall, leading into her play room, that Twilight made for her.

Shining Armour looked him over, with his keen eye, before bluntly stating, "Are you going to look after my sister?"

"Shining!" Cadence jeered at her husband.

"It's alright misses Mi'amore, I would expect nothing less from the former Captain of the Celestial guard, and the brother of Twilight. Yes, Shining Armour your sister is safe with me." Zephyr replied in kind.

"He has already saved me once!" Twilight indignantly snapped.

Cadance, and Shining were both shocked at what they heard.

"What happened?!" Shining was the first to ask with brotherly concern.

"Somepony tried to assassinate her on our first date, but I saved her, and she saved me from bleeding to death." Zephyr explained.

"Oh Twilight, I'm so glad you had Zephyr to protect you. Who would try to hurt a princess, they must of known it would of meant their death." Cadance replied angrily.

"If I ever find this villain who tried to hurt you Twily, I'll bring them to justice!" Shining stated. He was fuming at the thought of someone hurting his sister.

"It's in the past now. I asked you both here, because I would like you to look after the castle, while I go to see Zephyrs country, but I also need your help with something." Twilight stated, in an attempt to change the subject.

"Sure Twilight, anything for you. What do you need help with." Cadance replied.

"I want you to help me find a special somepony for Luna, and Celestia." Twilight answered.

"That sounds lovely Twilight, I think they should be happy too, but how did you come up with this idea?" Cadance inquired.

"Well they were the ones that helped me find Zephyr, and I just want to return the favour." Twilight replied.

"They played matchmaker?..." Cadance rolled her eyes, she knew that they liked to play match maker, they were the ones that set her up with Buck Withers.

"They thought I needed to find somepony, and they were right, I needed to find my Zeph." Twilight replied, embracing Zephyr. "What do you think about helping me b.b.b.f.f?" Twilight continued.

"What do I think, I think that I don't feel good about letting you go to another country, while that assassin is still out there!" Shining stated.

"It will be fine Shiny, she has Zephyr with her." Cadance tried to reassure her husband.

"I still don't like the idea! Zephyr will you show me how well you can protect my sister. Spar with me, I only want to find out if you can fight, or not." Shining stated, determined to test this stallion who captured his sisters heart in combat.

"Is that really necessary, Shining armour." Twilight stated bitterly.

"Yes it is." Shining Armour stated, unwavering in determination.

"There is no..." Twilight started, before Zephyr touched her shoulder, Comforting her, "Its alright Twilight, my sister would probably do the same to you. It would be an honour to Spar with you Shining Armour." Zephyr replied humbly.

"Twilights' right Shiny, there is no need to do this." Cadance tried to convince her husband, but she knew that when he was like this there was no stopping him.

"I need to do this." Shining replied calmly.

"I guess that if you need to do this, then we can't stop you. Come on Twilight, we will find a suitor for Luna and Celestia." Cadance kissed her husband, before pulling away, "Please don't hurt him. Twilight would never forgive you."

"I won't." Shining replied.

"Sorry about my brother, he can be over protective." Twilight kissed Zephyr on the cheek, then she followed Cadance.


While Cadance and Twilight started searching for suitors, Shining transported his sword, and Zephyr summoned his lance. The two stallions stepped outside onto the court yard, in front of the castle.

"Show me all that you have Zephyr, I wont be going easy on you, because you like my sister." Shining stated.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Zephyr replied.

Soon after the two said what they had to say, they charged at each other, with their weapons wielded with professional precision. Zeph raised his lance and tried to stab Shining, but shining dodged the strike and kicked Zephyr, knocking him back.

However Zephyr used his wings to halt his fall. He swooped towards Shining Armour, attempting to tackle him, but Shining Armour fell to his back as the lance flew millimetres away from his body.

He lifted the approaching alicorn, with all 4 hooves, sending zephyr over the top of him, he then teleported while swinging his sword towards Zephyr. Zephyr blocked the attack with his lance, he slid Shining Armours' sword out of his grasp.

The sword was sent skittering across the floor, but Shining Armour didn't worry about his weapon. Instead he grappled Zeph with magic, causing him to drop his lance. Shining then round housed Zeph, but Zeph caught the kick and flipped Shining over. However shining recovered too quickly by teleporting behind Zephyr, tripping him over.

Zephyr was caught off guard. He fell to the floor, and Shining Armour teleported his blade to his side once more, within an instant. He pointed it down to Zephyr, in a statement of defeat. After the moment passed, he helped Zephyr up, and teleported Zephyrs lance into his grasp, then he handed it to Zephyr.

"Thank you, you are very skilled in sword play, and hoof to hoof combat, but how do you fair in magic combat?" Shining asked.

"Thank you, its an honour to have such a legendary soldier say that to me, you didn't disappoint either. The stories of your heroism are true. They have spread far, and wide, telling everypony of your exploits in the griffin war. We would of lost Canterlot were it not for your tactics, and fighting prowess. Many soldiers in my land only wish to be at the level of mastery that you are at. As for magic, that is what my strength is." Zephyr replied enthusiastically.

"Okay Zephyr, show me your magic skill, I'll use my most powerful shield. See if you can break it." Shining stated, as a bright mauve shield surrounded him.

Zephyr did as he was requested, and released a small, and weak burst of energy, that happened to be more then enough to shatter Shinings' shield with ease.

"Wow, you are strong with magic." Shining exclaimed with shock. his shield had never been broken before, unless he was fatigued.

"It's really nothing, I can assure you it's just something I'm good at." Zephyr humbly explained.

"You need to give yourself more credit, Twily is lucky to have you, I feel much better knowing you will be with my sister on your travel. Please keep her safe, I don't want to think about her being injured somewhere. I'll say it now, though its still too early in the relationship, but welcome to the family. We should spar again sometime." Shining approved of his sisters choice in mate.

"I would like that, but we should probably go and see what our fair mares have cooked up for the two rulers of Equestria." Zephyr stated.

"I actually feel sorry for Celestia, and Luna, when Cadance and my sister get together there is definitely going to be mischief. you should of seen what they did together, when I was at high school. I'm grateful, because without Twilight, and Cadance, working together, Cadance and I wouldn't of gotten together." Shining replied in agreement.

I would love to hear that story, maybe sometime we can get a pint of cider each, and you can tell me." Zephyr replied with interest.

"Sounds good, I look forward to it." Shining concluded, as he entered the castle with Zephyr.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, this specific chapter is a tribute to the best comic book of the MLP series, I have ever read. click the link to read it yourself.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic/Issue-11?id=21199