• Published 1st Mar 2018
  • 354 Views, 0 Comments

The Blackheart Forest - Sabre_Cat



A choose your own adventure book! Play as Dark Ether, an intelligent mage obsessed with fame, big words, and a rare school of dark magic. Guide him on his quest to harvest the power of the Black Heart and become Equestria's most powerful sorcerer.

  • ...
 0
 354

Common Ethereal Spells

Common Spells in the Ethereal School

The ethereal school has some of the most fascinating and unique spells available in all of magic, but don’t just take my word for it. See for yourself…

  • Summon The Alternate Self :

Conjure an alternate version of you from a different part of the multiverse (assuming that is in fact real) that is bound by your will and word--banished back to the world it came from upon death. This alternate you can serve as a decoy to your foes. Ask it questions to see what transpired in it’s alternate universe to better figure out what choices you should do in your own. The catch? They will try to deceive you, and if they do, they will do everything they can to take your place in this world. Never trust them, the slippery bastards.

  • Timeskip :

As would be implied, this spell allows the user to skip forward a few seconds ahead of time to see what is about to transpire, but will then be reverted back in time and helpless to act on what it was they saw. A much less advanced version of the idyllic “time travel” spell.

  • Summon Void Guardian :

Summon a shadowy mass from the inner depths of the void to do your every bidding. It cannot stay in our realm for long, and thus will fade after a few scant minutes.

  • Delirium :

Casted upon a single pony or a crowd, the effects make the recipient blind to their true reality, and thus they can only see the unspeakable horrors of the dark side of Etherium. A very inequine way to achieve whatever goal it was you had in mind as a mage, but a way to achieve that goal nonetheless.

  • Shadowsong :

Whenever placed in a shadow or the dark, the user will turn invisible. Exposure to too much light or the rays of Celestia’s wrathful Sun will dispel the effect. Made and named after yours truly--an homage to an oppressed art.


>Flip back a few pages to “The Strengths and Weaknesses of Ethereal Magic”.
>Search the table of contents for something new.