• Published 5th Feb 2018
  • 962 Views, 26 Comments

Careful What You Doodle - Graphite Quill



I was once just your average guy, i worked, ate, then slept. In that exact order, every day. Needless to say when i found myself in Equestria, I was happy. Well not at first, because i was being chased by a hydra.

  • ...
12
 26
 962

Responsibilities

Being the kind mare she is, Twilight offered me a job at the castle doing anything from cleaning to cooking which is completely fine by me. I have enough knowledge about cooking to handle just about everything ponies can eat, and I used to have to clean various areas at my old job when people would call in. When Twi mentioned my pay she gave me a quick run down of the general cost of some of the basic things like food and toiletries. Using the info given I estimated that a bit is worth nearly the same as $3 in earths US currency. However most larger objects, like furniture, here are cheaper than they would be back home which explains the 4 bits/hour she offered.

She even offered me a full weeks pay in advance to help me get settled. "Twilight while I appreciate the gesture I'll have to decline." Then I remembered I am currently homeless. "However if I could continue to stay here in a guest room, I would be very grateful. It would only be until I could afford a place of my own."

"Stay here as long as you need. Oh also feel free to join me and Spike for dinner as part of your payment." Her generosity could rival even Rarity's.

"Thank you Princess. I will be sure to not let you down." I'm going to have to get used to calling her Princess while working regardless of how much she says otherwise, Its only professional to do so after all. She then tells me she has business to take care of and I can start whenever I feel I am able to work without hurting myself. 'Considering how dull the pain is now I'll be ready to go by tomorrow.'

"Hey Terran!" I jump slightly at the sudden introduction behind me. Spinning around I see Derpy smiling at me with both eyes looking different directions. "I'll be training and watching over you until to get the hang of things around here."

"Jeez Derps, give me a heart attack why don't you." I made sure to laugh so she would know I was joking. "I can't wait to get started tomorrow, I have a feeling that I'll enjoy working with you."

She seemed to perk up a little more after hearing this. "Sorry to scare you, but I'm happy to hear that you think so. I think we'll be great friends in no time!" Damn ponies and their cuteness, melts my heart to hear her say that. "I know you're still recovering so I'm not rushing you, but when did you say you planned to start working?"

"Tomorrow actually. I'm already feeling great thanks to Twilight's healing spells, just a little tired from her testing earlier.." Now I can't help but remember the earlier 'incident' with the scan. 'I'm still not sure about what I felt and thought then. I know I'm never going back to earth and will eventually want a family but I can't let those thoughts take root.' I've kept those thoughts under wraps for years now, I just have to stick to my guns and hold out until I feel more comfortable with the idea. I'll be honest and say, yes. I have indeed fantasized about falling in love with a pony, but imagination can only go so far. Being here now seeing the same ponies I've fantasized about walking around, eating, breathing, and REALLY alive. It makes me realize how similar they are to the animals back home and how strange it is to be having such thoughts about them.

Anyways, enough of my rambling and back to the events of the day, I remind myself that I was talking to somepony and that she had likely noticed my unsure expression. "Are you ok Terran?" Yep, definitely noticed.

"Oh, ya I'm fine. Just spaced out a bit I guess." I shook my head in an attempt to forget 'those' feelings. "Hey Derpy? You busy right now?"

"Well I'm still on the clock but my work is mostly finished for the day. Why? Is there something you needed?"

"Do you think you could show me around Ponyville so I have a basic idea of where everything is? I'm going to need to know where places are in case I need something or am running errands for Twilight. I also want to see if there are any homes for sale or rent so that I have an idea of how much I need to save up." Plus there's more that I'd rather not mention out loud. 'I also want to find Pinkie to see if shes ok, she left in such a hurry. Maybe the scan had the same affect on her as it did me? That would explain the way she acted, but if that's the case should I say anything about it?'

"Well Princess Twilight did say to help you with anything you might need, so yes I'd be happy to show you around town. Oh by the way, the Mayor announced that you were here and safe to be around but please don't be offended if some still stare or shy away from you." I had already been prepared for the possibility of terrified ponies by reading ungodly amounts of human in Equestria fan fictions.

"No worries, everypony will get used to me eventually." I say as we walk through the gardens and around the side of the castle. "I just hope I don't scare anypony too badly, after all I despise violence and would never hurt somepony on purpose."

"I'm sure everything will be fi--" "AAAHHHHHHH" As soon as we get to the front of the castle, in plain sight of the main road, a neon green stallion looks directly at me and lets out a loud scream then turned and walked away like nothing happened. Absolutely confused I look to Derpy for answers only to see her facehoofing. "Ignore him, that ponies got issues. He never talks other than to say his name and scream like that. I think he's foreign, his name is something weird like cla-- Klazo Maneia or something like that. Anyways like I was saying, everything wi--" "AAHHH"

We both nearly jumped out of our skin, somehow the stallion ended up behind us when he screamed this time. "I SWEAR TO CELESTIA KLAZOWHATEVER YOUR NAME IS, DO THAT ONE MORE TIME I'LL KICK YOU STRAIGHT BACK TO TARTARUS WHERE YOU CAME FROM!" I was honestly surprised and dare I say slightly aroused by this mares angry side. Why do I feel guilty thinking that?

Even Klazowhatever seemed surprised by the outburst, looking at Derpy with confusion and hurt in his eyes. "Meany.." Huh, so he actually talks. Even Derpy looked confused by his quiet words, but just as she was about to say something the stallion ran off looking as though he was about to cry.

Now it was Derpy's turn to look like she was about to cry. "I didn't mean to make him cry, hes just always running around doing that to everypony and when he scared me I couldn't help but be mad. I'm a horrible pony.." I was having none of that.

I quickly bent down and wrapped my arms around Derpy in a hug saying, "Hey hey its alright. It was just a spur of the moment reaction, I'm sure if you went and apologized he would understand. If you want we can postpone this little tour so you can go talk to him."

"Thank you Terran." Said Derpy before hugging me back then pulling away to find the unstable stallion.

I decided to take a short walk around town on my own to clear my head and think about what I would say to Pinkie the next time I saw her. 'If Pinks left because she felt the same thing I did, was it because of embarrassment or disgust? OK, had to be embarrassment, I doubt these ponies would have an issue with interspecies relationships. Now the question is should I talk to her about it or leave it alone. If I leave it alone I can avoid the issue and move on, however if I talk to her about it.. I don't know.'

The whole soul bound thing scares me because I feel extremely close to Pinkie Pie even though I have only just met her in reality. Could our situation be affecting my emotions? Forcing me to feel things I haven't felt in a long time? I have always liked Pinkie, she's energetic, happy, funny, not too bad on the eyes. Damn it that's what I mean! I was planning on writing 'a great friend' for the last one! One of my biggest fears is being influenced by outside means into doing or saying stuff I would never do or say. That's my biggest reason for never touching alcohol even when offered it by my parents.

I had been sitting on a bench I found when Derpy found me. She explained how she apologized to Klazo and how he told her that he had some type of rare mental disease that causes his random screams. After assuring her that I was fine we returned to the castle and I went to my room to turn in early as the sun had only just started lowering.

Princess any advice you might have would be super helpful, I'm just so confused. I hope our situation isn't instigating these feelings I'm having towards Pinkie Pie, but then again I might just be overreacting. I mean it's not like I'm falling in love with her or anything right?

Sincerely,

Terran Tobias

Author's Note:

Welp that's another chapter out. Not sure about this one, I was in the mood to write today but my brain just wasn't really into it. Regardless let me know what you think, as always criticism is welcome.