• Published 5th Feb 2018
  • 961 Views, 26 Comments

Careful What You Doodle - Graphite Quill



I was once just your average guy, i worked, ate, then slept. In that exact order, every day. Needless to say when i found myself in Equestria, I was happy. Well not at first, because i was being chased by a hydra.

  • ...
12
 26
 961

Meanwhile in Canterlot

Author's Note:

I realize this chapter doesn't have much to do with story progression but it's a scene I have been wanting to write for a while but didn't feel had enough filler to be a separate story. I had originally wanted to put this in Easy Access the Story of Quill but I have not gotten far enough in the story for it to make sense with our protagonist having not even been to equestria yet. However I couldn't continue until I got it out of my head so here, have a filler chapter. Oh and no worries I will be working on a 'real' chapter here soon, I've regained my urge to write and now that this is out of the way I can figure out the next chapters for both of my stories. {T}

Is everything okay Princess? Twilight is in a huge spaz fit right now thinking that she has either done something wrong to anger you or that something has happened to you all because you haven't responded. She keeps saying something about not knowing if the sun will rise again. I'll admit that I'm a bit on edge as well considering the lack of the sun at 10 AM. I hope you're okay, I've done everything I can to keep Twilight from trying to teleport all the way up there to 'save' you so please return a scroll when you can.

Best Wishes,

Terran Tobias

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Canterlot (3rd person)=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As Luna walked through the halls of the castle every guard, maid, and noble parted way to let her through. They all knew the look she had on her face, anger. Everypony feared Luna when she was mad and kept their distance but not because of the Nightmare Moon incident as they have all forgiven her, some even became her friends. They were afraid of her because when Luna was mad, no creature was safe from her wrath. She would never hurt another creature no matter how angry she was, but she will prank or make a fool of them in very embarrassing ways. She vowed to never again hurt another, so she used pranks to get back at those who have wronged her.

"SISTER! I SWEAR IF YOU ARE ASLEEP AGAIN I WILL BREAK MY VOW!" Luna roared in her agitation though it was an empty threat. She had skipped 'breakfast' and lowered the moon this morning as she was falling asleep after a particularly tiring night, however she was awoken after only a few hours. It would have happened sooner but it took the castle staff hours to decide who would be sent to do the deed and likely end up on Luna's hit list. They decided it was best if they woke Luna so she could then attempt to rouse Celestia from her sleep. While they fear Luna's pranks, they feared disappointing the Princess of the sun more. They knew she needed to raise the sun but they didn't want to bother her if she was taking the day off, after all she is a Princess.

As Luna approached her sisters room the guards unlocked the door then bolted, afraid of the outcome of this meeting between the two sisters. They were smart to run as the last time when the roles were reversed the proceeding event resulted in the need for many repairs around the castle. Luna threw the doors open with magic and stomped into the room to find her sister, 'The Solar Goddess' as some called her, lying in bed tangled in the sheets with her hair going in every direction and a strand of drool connecting the corner of her mouth to her pillow. Sealed scrolls littered the floor, most with Twilight's wax seal and one simply tied with a string that rolled off the bed just as she had entered.

With a roll of her eyes Luna grabbed a corner of the sheet that was tangled in her sisters legs and pulled with a quick jerk sending Celestia off the other side of the bed and onto the floor with a yelp. Luna with a smirk climbed onto the newly abandoned and warm bed. As she moved to the center of the bed to lay down and wait, a groan could be heard from the floor. Soon after the owner of the bed rose up to look at the intruder that awoke her. "Hello sister, what brings you to my room so early?" Seemingly unfazed by the rude awakening Celestia tried to return to the bed only to be blocked by her sister standing on the edge with an exasperated expression on her face.

"Must you really ask!? Why have you not raised the sun? it's past 10 AM! Ponies are practically beating down the castle doors seeking answers!" Luna says while trying to keep a level voice to hide the irritation in her voice.

"Equestria should sleep in today, its been over a thousand years since i've had a break. It's better this way, we can all just take a nap together." With a glint of mischief in Celestia's eyes she continued, "Maybe the night will even last forever."

With a hint of playful annoyance in her voice and a blush on her face Luna says, "That's not funny!" Celestia could only giggle at her sisters expression and took the moment of distraction to hop up onto her bed next to Luna.

"I know! I could just have you take over for a while!"

"WHAT! What Meanest thou! It is thy calling."

"Luna you're slipping into the old speech again. *Sigh* I suppose you are correct. They can't let a princess sleep in just once it seems. I guess i'll bring it up now, but hey at least its still morning!"

"Thou art far too old for this." Luna realized too late what she said and looked up to see Celestia with a crazed look on her face and a maniacal grin on her face. As soon as Luna moved to run out into the hall Celestia pounced. The sounds of laughter and the clopping of fast moving hooves could be heard throughout the halls along with the occasional crashing sound or explosion.

-=-=-=-

"I'm glad my daughters weren't that rough with each other when they play fought." Said one of the guards that were previously stationed outside of Celestia's room.

"I wonder how much of the castle will be standing after this one." Said Lieutenant Stone Heart.

"If its anything like last time, we should-" Out of nowhere Luna zoomed past the group of chatting guards followed by their 'Goddess of the Sun' with major bed head and a spell charged at the ready in her horn.

"YOU DARE CALL ME OLD?" Celestia yelled sending the spell past Luna causing the hall she was about to enter to collapse forcing her to go another way.

"-evacuate everypony." The third guard continued as they ignored how close they had gotten to being trampled. Most were used to this phenomenon but it still made them nervous. Since Luna returned Celestia had become much happier and more playful than anypony had ever seen. Like now for instance, she is not really mad at Luna she is just using this as an excuse to get out of her duties for a bit longer. Everypony knew this and let her have her fun, she has more than earned a break every now and again.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Miles away down the mountain in the small town of Ponyville a certain white stallion could only smile at the antics of the royal sisters as his horns magic faded.