• Published 5th Feb 2018
  • 962 Views, 26 Comments

Careful What You Doodle - Graphite Quill



I was once just your average guy, i worked, ate, then slept. In that exact order, every day. Needless to say when i found myself in Equestria, I was happy. Well not at first, because i was being chased by a hydra.

  • ...
12
 26
 962

Tests and Occupations

Author's Note:

I did it hooray! I finished a chapter and managed to get it out while at MFF! I hope it's not too bad Ive had to write it a small portion at a time because my temp roommate goes to sleep so early.

After listening to Pinkie's and my own fast speech for a moment i noticed Twilight writing notes, a few feet/hooves away with a slightly confused and fascinated look on her face. She noticed me looking at her and stopped writhing to explain. "As I said before your soul and Pinkie's are now connected but I'm not sure of how deep those connections are. If you two are up for it i would like to test some things, it will help us all to understand what exactly is going on between you two."

'Not sure what you mean by the way you said that last part but ok.' "I don't mind, I'm actually quite curious myself." I look over to Pinkie and she smiles and nods in agreement.

As Twilight started to move closer she lowered her head pointing her horn at us and closing her eyes. "Don't worry, the first set of tests can be done quickly and painlessly thanks to a spell i created." As her horn started to glow i felt an odd tingling sensation starting from my head and slowly traveling down, as it got to my stomach it tickled a bit and made me laugh. Noticing another laugh at the same time i look over to Pinkie to see she is feeling the spell and looking at me as well. Everything was going fine until the magical scan reached the pelvic area, and a certain feeling I have spent years pushing away hit. Lust. For whatever reason when that scan passed my private bits, Instant boner. Having already been looking at Pinkie, I noticed she must have had the same issue because she immediately tucked her tail between her legs and sat down with wide eyes and an obvious blush. Kinda cute actually. However my thoughts flew right to the gutters like a poorly thrown ball. 'Oh gods help me! Damn Twilight and her spell!'

I really don't wanna write down my thoughts at the time, but Princess' orders say that i must. So pinkie, PLEASE save me the guilt and don't read the next line.

Looking down at her right as the effects hit I had but one thought invade my mind that I'm glad i didn't go through with. 'She's so beautiful right now, I just want to pick her up, throw her into my bed and take her right now.'

Not even a second after I had the thought the spell suddenly stopped, along with all the effects it had caused. Looking at Twilight i notice the she almost completely changed color from lavender to bright red from the massive blush on her face. She immediately started walking out the door saying over her shoulder, "OK, I'm done I'm going to analyze what i found and tell you what i found later!" As soon as she was out of sight I heard her galloping away quickly and a door somewhere else slam shut.

"Gottagowatchthecaketwinsseeyoulaterbye!" By the time I turned around all that was left of Pinkie was a dust cloud in her shape that dissipated as it flew out the door. 'Well that happened..' Not knowing what else to do with both girls leaving so quickly, I felt the need to get some air.

A half hour of somehow ending up back in the the throne room and asking for directions a few times I finally find my way outside of Twilight's castle. One of the guards stationed outside stopped me and said I had to stay near the castle and out of sight of common ponies, Princess Twilight Sparkles orders. I agreed and asked if there was somewhere I could go where i would be left alone for a while. He then escorted me to an area in the gardens surrounded by bushes with a fountain and 7 cushions in a circle nearby with a low table in the middle, at my request he stood at the entrance to make sure I stayed alone.

'This is a beautiful area, I'll have to remember this for when I need to think. Kinda surprised that guard listened to me without question, but then again Twi probably told them I was a guest and to honor my wishes.' Looking at the table I notice a bell in the center, I have an idea of what it might be for so i pick it up and give it a single shake. Behind me i hear what sounds like wings flapping and a thump on the ground. Turning around a grey coated Pegasus in a maid outfit with blonde hair standing with a smile and slight bow.

I nearly fainted on the spot.

"Hello Terran, is there anything i can get you? Tea, or a snack maybe?" Said the #1 best pony. (No worries Princess Celestia you're #2. Ok you're actually#3.... Princess Luna is #2. Don't smite me please.)

"By the gods, Derpy? Is that you? What are you doing working for Twilight? What happened to being the mail pony? They didn't fire you did they?!" I admit I was probably acting pretty weird, I remember smiling and giggling allot while staring at her. Don't judge me i can't help it shes just soo cute and such an awesome character in my, and many others opinion.

To be honest she took it like a trooper and wasn't even phased by my behavior or questions. "Yep that's me! No I wasn't fired, I was looking for an extra job and Princess Twilight offered me a position! I still deliver mail in the morning then come here after i finish my route."

"Why the extra job? If you don't mind me asking that is." While she didn't react to my earlier behavior, I definitely saw her flinch at that question. Figuring I had hit a sensitive subject I cut her off right as she is about to speak, "You know what just ignore me I'm new around here and just a bit too curious. I think ill take you up on that offer for tea." With a thankful smile she bowed and flew back to the castle. 'I hope it's nothing bad that she needs the extra money for. Hopefully she just was bored of working the one job.'

Derpy returned with the tea a few minutes later not even spilling a drop when placing the tray on the table. It's weird seeing her not being clumsy, but it didn't last long. Before i had even finished the thought of how her clumsiness was one of the cutest things about her, she flew right into one of the bushes and got stuck. She struggled a bit to try and get out but only managed to flail around comically before she just slumped down in defeat, 'I should probably help her.'

After Derpy was freed from the 'evil bush,' which is an exact quote from her, she thanked me with a bow and flew back towards the castle. Returning to the table and my tea I'm surprised to find Twilight already sitting with a cup floating in her magic. She seems to have calmed down since the earlier incident and gestures to the other seat across from her. When i sit she quickly glances at me then away with a small blush, 'Huh, guess shes not over it after all.'

I decide to ask the big question, "So, what did you find out with the scan? You left so quickly and didn't even finish the scan."

"I didn't finish the magical scan because I saw enough," She says while still not looking in my direction, "Ill just give you the basics because you don't have any magic and most likely could not understand most of the explanation anyway. Ill send my own report to Princess Celestia when you send yours. I only meant to scan you, then Pinkie later but the spell affected both of you at the same time. You're both connected by the soul, if something were to happen to you the same would happen to her. It might be possible to create a spell to separate you two but it would be extremely dangerous to do so, and to be completely honest I doubt anypony alive, Princesses included could cast it."

"OK, so I'm soulbound to Pinkie forever?" I ask a little too excitedly. Earning me a confused look, thankfully she doesn't ask and continues her explanation.

"Yes, you will now and forever be connected to Pinkie Pie in ways even I will never understand. Its is because if this that, i regret to inform you, has made me stop looking for a way to get you home. I'm sorry but I cannot risk the safety of one of my best friends or you." After the explanation she closed her eyes with a frown to, I assume, await my reaction.

"OK." No point in freaking out i kinda wanted this anyway, my life here will be better than anything I might have back on earth. "Guess Ill need a job then, know anyone that will hire a strange bipedal hairless monkey?"