• Published 25th Jan 2018
  • 1,862 Views, 55 Comments

Karma - Chemtest

  • ...
32
 55
 1,862

Sparkle

Kendrick steps through the street, easily carrying the filly on his head, despite her heavy bags. The humans, previously aggressive, all look at Kendrick with either animalistic respect or fear. Kendrick pays them no mind, instead putting his attention to the filly on his head, the road he’s walking on, and what Dinky is saying.

Dinky smiles from her curled up position, “We’re learning history for the next few weeks. Did you know there was apparently a Equestria before the Princesses?” She laughs a bit, “I mean, doesn’t it sound silly? Who else would raise the sun other than Princess Celestia?”

Kendrick stops for a second, pondering over her last sentence. Yet, he eventually concludes that the rulers must consolidate their rule by claiming they can do miracles like raising the sun. After all, nothing could move the sun, no creature at least.

Kendrick continues along, seeing the school building in the distance. Kendrick holds his arm out, allowing Dinky to jump to the ground. She trots alongside Kendrick, “Not to say I don’t trust Miss Cheerilee, but I just find it a bit silly.” She looks up at Kendrick as she gets to the front door, “Stay around here, alright, Grey? Make sure not to get into any trouble.”

Kendrick nods, and she rushes into the schoolhouse right as the bell goes off. Every filly and colt rushes in, and every parent walks off.

Kendrick looks around, seeing a little pen area where a bunch of humans are hanging around, trapped inside a fence. He shakes his head, and looks around some more.

Right near an open window on the schoolhouse, there is a good spot for sitting. Kendrick walks over to it, and sits down, leaning against the school. He can hear a mare inside speaking, and he takes his helmet off.

He can hear with barely any more clarity, chalking it up to an enchantment on the helmet. However, now, he can feel the cool wind blowing. It feels like a nice fall day, New England style, not Florida style. It feels like a Floridian winter, but Kendrick always liked the cold.

He places his helmet beside him, and leans his head back against the school. He closes his eyes, and begins listening to the teacher intensely. He absorbs all the information she gives out. All the dates, all the names, and all the places.

Who is Princess Celesta? Is it a title given to every ruler? It must be... no, it doesn’t have to be. This is a world with magic. If Karma could bring him back to life, and apparently resurrect the other Champion, then why is immortality so hard to accept?

Immortality could make sense... he’ll have to ask Turner. The only thing he can’t believe is that sun bullshit. Maybe Celestia says she is raising the sun, but she very well could be doing something else.

Kendrick ponders, and make a mental note of everything important he hears.

He is interrupted, though, when another mare speaks from in front of him. Her tone is one of slight worry, “Where is his owner? Is he supposed to be there?”

Kendrick can slightly hear a response, and then a set of hooves walking up to him.

He opens his eyes slightly, and sees a purple pony standing in front of him. She has both a horn and wings, and seems to be the only one with that speciality. She looks down at him, “Come on, boy, you have to be in the proper zone.” She motions over to the holding pen of humans.

Kendrick looks over, and shakes his head upon sight.

The purple one looks down at him, and frowns, “Come on, now, I’m sure your owner wants to know you’re safe.”

Kendrick sighs, moving one of his hands to her mouth. With two fingers, he locks the two sides together, silencing her. He then holds up one finger, puts it near his lips, and shushes her.

She takes a step back, shaking off his fingers. She glares down at him, “Did you just shush me?!”

Kendrick cringes a bit, especially as he hears the lesson inside stop. A pinkish mare pokes her head out the window, “Uh, Princess Twilight, is everything alright?”

Twilight looks between her and Kendrick, “I’m sorry Miss Cheerilee, but does this human belong to somepony in your class?”

Dinky jumps over to the window, “Oh, Grey, did you get in trouble?”

Twilight looks at Dinky, “Dinky, could I please have a word with you? You would be fine with that, Cheerilee?”

Both nod, and Dinky jumps through the window. She lands, and looks over at Kendrick, “Come on, Grey, Princess Twilight wants to speak!”

Kendrick sighs, and gets up from the ground. Twilight walks the two of them over to a secluded area in the playground.

Twilight stops, and looks at Dinky, “Dinky, how’d you get this human?”

Dinky smiles, “Oh, well, I was fetching a ball from the forest! He ended up saving me from a bunch of scary wolves, slashing with his sword and stabbing and being awesome! Then he walked me back home, mom didn’t want him to stay there, and Mister Turner decided to keep him in his house.”

She looks over at Kendrick, “Okay, Grey, was it? Could you please show me your sword?”

Kendrick reaches down, and draws his katana out of it’s sheath. He spins it around, and holds it for Twilight to see.

Twilight nods, “That confirms it. No normal human would draw their blade at a request, they aren’t intelligent enough to do it. You shushed me, you listened to me, it is obvious that you are smarter than your kin. You seem to be on the level of a pony, perhaps even a bit more.” She then sees the glow from his sword, “Hmm, your blade is also a bit interesting. Give me a second.” Her horn lights up, and in a second her eyes widen, “That’s no normal blade!”

Cheerilee pokes her head out of the schoolhouse, “Princess Twilight, are you almost done?”

Twilight nods, “Almost!” She then looks at Dinky, “Dinky, you said Grey here lives in Turner’s home, yes?”

Dinky nods, “Yes. Are you saying that Grey is like a pony in a human body?”

Twilight smiles, “Something like that, yes. Okay, Grey, I will visit you at Turner’s house later today. Go on back to what you were doing earlier.”