• Published 25th Jan 2018
  • 1,862 Views, 55 Comments

Karma - Chemtest

  • ...
32
 55
 1,862

Ancients Rise

Silver pauses for a second, causing the leading human to stop as well. Silver leans against a rock wall, being deep in a valley, “How much further is this? We’ve been running through this valley for at least an hour.”

The human points forward, “Ahead, Silver.”

Silver sighs, “Do you have a name?”

The human looks at Silver, “Name? No, no name.”

Silver looks up at the human, “Well, I can’t allow my guide to go without a name. How about Probus?”

The man smiles slightly, “I Probus! Yes, Probus!”

Silver smiles, “I’m glad you like it. So, Probus, who are you taking me to?”

The man leans back, “Master. He break... chain.” Probus points to his head, “Head chain.”

Silver nods, “And do you know the name of your master?”

Probus nods, “Starburst-Caped, Clover-Clever. Masters, old like dust.”

Silver looks back, seeing Derpy slowly carrying down Turner. He smiles, and points forward, “Alright, let’s continue.”

Probus nods, and continues running through the valley.

Silver follows after, keeping pace with him. Silver looks over at Probus, “Do you know exactly how old your masters are?”

Probus looks over at Silver, keeping his footing still, “Old time, time Sun-Moon father Order. Not head chain time.”

Silver looks back forward, remembering the little information he’s garnered, “So, it was before Celestia ruled. About two thousand years ago, if Dinky’s teacher was right.”

Probus looks back ahead as well, “Shall say self, better speak. Replace head chain with own head for while.”

They both come to the end of the valley, where a deep hole sits. On the other side of the chasm is a cave opening. Silver sighs upon sight of it, “Are we going to jump over that?”

Probus nods, “Fall in way, jump over. Probus go, Silver next.”

Probus doesn’t allow time for response, taking a running start. He jumps over in a single leap, jumping at least fifteen feet. Probus lands on the other side surely, with no hesitation. He then turns around, ducks, and puts down his hand.

Silver looks at his low down hand, and shakes his head, “This is madness. Do you even know how much this armor weighs?”

Probus gestures with his hand, “Come, Silver, Probus help!”

Silver takes a step back, and charges himself up.

He sprints forward until he reaches the edge of the valley. Then, the best he can, he jumps.

He gets close, but his heavy armor begins to drag him down. He reaches out, barely managing to grab ahold of Probus’s hand.

Probus gathers all his animalistic strength, and begins to drag Silver into the cave. Silver grasps onto the edge, and pulls himself up with Probus’s help.

Silver rolls onto safe ground, panting slightly, “You know, Probus, I think I just discovered I have a fear of heights. You better make sure you always catch me, because fuck that feeling of no ground beneath your feet.”

Probus smiles, “Silver fine, no worry. Fuck no ground, but Probus here.”

Silver laughs a tiny bit, “Yeah, you are here. Good job, real good job. Tell me, the weight of my armor, how heavy is it?”

Probus looks down at him, “Silver like elephant.”

Silver looks up at him, “Are you saying you could pick up an elephant?”

Probus nods, “If Probus tired, could pick up. Probus very strong.”

Silver sits, and stands up, “That you are, I suppose.”

Probus stands as well, “Master calls, follow.”

Probus walks into the cave proper, with Silver following right after.

Probus walks up to a fancy door, and pushes it open. One side of the door is painted like a supernova, and a symbol sits in the middle of a golden outline. Said symbol is a star, with a projectile piercing through it, causing the star to bleed out colors of red and purple. The other door is similar, except it is brilliantly orange, and the symbol is a forming star instead. Bunches of yellows and oranges combine together into a six pointed star.

Probus walks through the door, and Silver follows after.

Within the room, are two fancy coffins. Both are decorated like the door into the tomb. Next to each coffin is a set of clothing, almost completely opposite. One brilliant cloak of a star bursting, and one simple cloak of a star forming. Next to both is a hat, one with a black bell at the end, and the other with a golden bell. At the end of the tomb is another door, made of simply cut marble, with a equally simple circle on it.

Probus walks up to one of the coffins, and places his hand on the one representing a star bursting.

Energy flows from the coffin into Probus, and his eyes change to be that of the symbol on the coffin and door.

Probus looks over at Silver, “Ah, sorry, yes, give me a second. It is very, very hard to work my magic whist I am technically dead, you see.” Magic continues it’s way into Probus. He closes his eyes, and breathes deeply, “One two three, one two three, onomatopoeia, magic, magic, Raxacoricofallapatorian, yes I got it.”

Silver looks at him oddly, “I imagine you are not Probus any longer. Is this what he was taking about, with you being able to break the spell temporarily?”

The man cracks his neck, “Ah, yes, I believe that is what he meant. Give me another second, last burst right here.” A final burst of magic channels itself into his arm, and he takes his arm back from the coffin. He looks toward Silver, “Oh, Silver, you are a sight for sore eyes. Though, I suppose you wouldn’t have met me yet.” He looks towards the clothing, “I am Starburst the Caped, we know each other. Except, I know you, you don’t know me, and I have to be really careful with what I say lest I cause a Thaum-time paradox.”

Silver nods slightly, “Would you happen to know who caused that attack on Ponyville?”

Starburst nods, “Oh yeah, that was Clover.” He points at the other coffin, “Yeah, she was driven a bit mad by the spell. Honestly, I don’t think locking her in a coffin, unconscious, for two thousand years was that good of an idea. I mean, I’m dying, it makes sense. But don’t worry, she shouldn’t cause too much trouble. With all luck, we could get rid of that spell.”

Silver narrows his eyes, “When you say spell, I assume you mean the one placed over humans?”

Starburst nods, “Oh yes, but it is a lot more than that. I can’t tell you everything, but I can tell you some of it. Sit down, sit down, I have some history to share.”