• Published 25th Jan 2018
  • 1,862 Views, 55 Comments

Karma - Chemtest

  • ...
32
 55
 1,862

Final Foe

Silver and Probus crawl back up to the top of the valley, with Dinky on Silver’s head, and Probus carrying Turner on his back.

Derpy flies up to the top, and offers a hoof to Silver. Dinky takes the hoof, and her mom pulls her over, leaving Silver to climb over himself. Probus gets up easily, and places Turner down on the stable ground. Probus looks down at Turner, “Next time told no go, you no go.”

Turner nods, “Yes, yes, I understand. But, more important, we need to discuss what Silver learned.”

Silver looks at the gathered party of four, “I saw the one who caused the attack, and talked to her brother. Clover the Clever she was called, driven insane and wanting to attack Ponyville because of it. The other was Starburst the Caped, who told me about the history of Equestria. He wants to break the spell over humans, for he says there is something that he needs all of humanity functional to face. He said that, if we could gather magic from the source of the spell, he could easily destroy it.”

Probus nods, “Master help human, help equine, help world.”

Turner nods, “Okay, alright, something is out there. Perhaps it could be what drove you mad?”

Silver raises an eyebrow, “Huh?”

Turner looks at him for a second more, “What? Oh, wait... uh, nothing to worry about.” Turner shakes his head, “Sorry, continue on. How exactly could we gather this magic?”

Silver smiles, “He told me that it happened two thousand years ago, yesterday. That means we have to find some way to travel back in time and capture that magic.”

Turner smiles, “Oh, okay then, that’s easy.”

Everyone, except for Dinky and Probus, look at him with confusion. Derpy asks it first, “What do you mean? Time travel certainty isn’t easy.”

Turner laughs, “Of course it is. I am the Doctor, after all.” He looks around at the two, cocking an eyebrow, “You mean I didn’t tell either of you? Ugh, I’m getting used to people recognizing my name. Alright, uh, hi, I’m the Doctor, and I travel through time.”

Silver looks at him, “You are joking, aren’t you?”

Turner looks over at him, “I thought you would have guessed! You know, being from Earth, saving it time and time again. I stressed the time word for a reason. Yes, Silver, I am a time traveler. Where else did you think I got the sign language helmet from?”

Derpy takes a step back, “You have to realize how odd this sounds, right?”

Turner shakes his head, “No, I really don’t realize it. I mean, come on, you are in a world with literal magic! You have god like beings that raise the sun and moon! You manage to fly despite the fact your wings are far too small. Why is a time traveling alien where you draw the line?”

Derpy shakes her head, “I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, Doctor. After you bought our house and treated us with such kindness, I know you deserve it. But, just realize that what you are saying sounds kinda odd.”

Dinky jumps up, “Oh, is that the blue box in the basement?”

Turner looks over at her, “How do you know about that, Dinky?”

Dinky smiles, “Our basements are connected, remember?”

Turner cocks an eyebrow, “They are? I thought mine was just bigger on the inside. Dang, that makes me feel a lot less magical when I go down there. Why did I ever connect them together anyway?”

Dinky laughs, “Well, those odd clothes fill most of it.”

Turner looks at her oddly, “Clothes? Was there one with a really long scarf? A fez? A white hat? Wait, wait, were the glasses there?”

Dinky nods along, “Yep, and a lot of strange cylindrical thingys.”

Turner shakes his head, “She must have dumped all her cargo into my basement! Ugh, I’m going to have to put that all back. It’s spring cleaning again, and I hate spring cleaning. I’d always skip on to summer.”

Silver holds up a hand, “Okay, Turner, perhaps you could clean out your basement after we cure humanity?”

Turner holds up a hoof in protest, “You don’t know what is in those clothes. Hell, I forgot! But, I can’t just go back in time without proper attire. Oh, you could also all use a hat and a bow tie. Never know who you might encounter out there.”

Silver shakes his head, and begins walking towards Ponyville, “Tell me about how crowded your basement as we walk, we have no time to waste!”

Turner rushes after him, “I would argue, we have plenty of time! We are time travelers, Silver, we do not have any limit except our life!”

Dinky crawls onto her mother’s back, and Derpy sets off. However, Probus decides to pick her up before she can walk for long, “Pony injured, Probus carry.”

Derpy smiles down at the human as he sets off after Silver and Turner, “Thank you, Probus.”

———

Turner still nips at Silver’s heel, “Do you know how many Sonics that is? At least three that are useful! Imagine what we could all do if equipped with Sonics!”

Silver stops, realizing they are now well within Ponyville. He looks around, barely even able to tell there was ever a town here. He shakes his head, “Clover sure caused a mess.”

Turner stops, looking around for himself, “She’ll do it again if we don’t break the spell, right? So let’s hop to it!”

They quickly reach Turner’s house, and wait for Probus to catch up.

Probus stops, barely even breathing hard, and drops both Derpy and Dinky down. He looks up, “Time mover here?”

Turner nods, “Yes, I just need to get it up and running.”

Yet, before anyone can take a step toward the building, it collapses.

A blue beam of magic cuts into the building, bringing to down. The beam comes from the air, and the caster soon lands in front of them.

A alicorn stands in front of them, with rotting skin falling from his frame. A golden cloak blows in the wind, with his necklace and crown, of similar gold, glowing blue.

The alicorn laughs, and looks over at the group of five, “So sorry, but I’m afraid you won’t get any further. I have been stuck in this filthy, inferior world for six months for this one plan! You shall not ruin it, not when I’ve sacrificed so much dirt getting into my coat!”

Silver raises an eyebrow, “Ordirus?”

The alicorn looks over at him, “Ordirus?! No, you idiot! I am King Blueblood, Element of Greed! And I shall not let you ruin my plan!”

The alicorn looks over the group again. Silver already has his sword and mace drawn, Dinky has her horn pointing at him, Probus has his fists ready, and Turner glares at him.

Turner looks over at Silver, “Distract him, I’ll get the TARDIS.”

Silver nods, and looks back at Blueblood.