• Published 16th Jan 2018
  • 5,901 Views, 155 Comments

Spike 10 - Silver Butcher

  • ...
9
 155
 5,901

A Paradoxical rescue

Spike had so many questions, and no time to ask them as alarms began blaring.

"Now might be a good time to transform," Paradox recommended "I do apologize, but due to the uniqueness of this particular timeline I'm afraid I don't know who you have in your playlist, but if you have Buzzshock, Feedback, Frankenstrike, or Shocksquach I would recommend one of them,"

"Those sound like cool names," Spike responded "It's a shame I have no idea what you're talking about, you mentioned timelines or something?"

"Oh, good heavens," Paradox shook his head "The first meeting is always the worst," He complained "Look young Spike, if you have a transformation that can deal with electricity then I suggest you use it,"

"Uh..." Spike looked at his watch and shook it "I'm gonna be in the red for like another hour,"

"What kind of limitation is that?" Paradox demanded as he looked at the Omnitrix "Oh, survival mode, I must say I've never seen anyone actually activate it before, I wonder if that mode is unique to the equestrian branch or if other Omnitrix users from across the multiverse could use it as well?"

"Dude you keep making no sense," Spike complained irritably.

"Apologies," Paradox said "Your branch is still relatively new, I've only met you two or three times, a rare occurrence I assure you, now if I remember correctly you had...ah yes," Paradox pressed on the faceplate and in a flash Buzshock stood before.

"I'm sorry what?" He demanded as he looked at his hands in confusion.

"I typically try to avoid messing with timelines, but your timeline only exists because of Enoch's attempt at jumping to a different Omniverse connecting two Omniversal tree's that should have never connected, as such everything in this timeline is already a mess, so this is a rare occurrence where I can intervene as much as I like, not that I plan to mind you, I'm mostly just saving you because I've met you in the future, or will have met you in the future?" Buzzshock just took this random dump of knowledge at face value and proceeded to forget most of it as he tried to remember it.

"Dude, your being was too exposition-heavy, talk small," Buzzshock turned at the sound of hooves hitting the floor, and turned to find Paradox was gone, "I...I have no clue what just happened?" Buzzshock felt electricity spark between his fingers and thought for a moment. "Not feeling like a Frankenstrike or a Shocksquach, so should I be Feedback or Buzzshock?" he thought for a moment before deciding to ask Rainbow dash "Oh crap I have to save Rainbow!" Buzzshock ran on his tiny legs and found himself standing before Enoch.

"I know not how you escaped, but you shan't be doing it again," Enoch fired his fake magic at Buzzshock, and he felt power coming from it and jumped into it, using it to turn into living lightning and, now feeling all electrical power in the area, jumped into the lighting system, leaving the knights behind he quickly mapped the entire facility within second and pooled all of his energy into a camera, causing it to explode and returning him to the surface.

"Dude, there are cameras hidden in the snow, so not cool," Buzzshock felt the flow of magic in the air, and could literally smell the magic of loyalty that Rainbow embodied. "Yo, the magic in the air is so, beautiful," Buzzshock used all his will to stop himself from admiring the thousands of different frequency's of magic in the air and instead used his power to travel into the clouds, he moved through the clouds as pure energy and found Rainbow kicking at her bubble as the knights were working at making a hole in the river large enough to drop her bubble in.

"I see," Buzzshock realized "There gonna put the bubble underwater, and wait for the hole to freeze before freeing Rainbow, she'll drown long before she breaks through the ice," Buzzshock sucked in some magic around him and focused on Rainbow before coming down like a bolt of Green Lightning that lit up the sky so brightly they could see it from the Crystal Empire.

"What the actual hell?" Rainbow demanded before Buzzshock popped into existence.

"Hey Dash, need a hand,"

"Another new guy?" Rainbow demanded "and he does Lightning, oh dude I am so showing you off to all the Wonderbolts when you get bored of the secret identity thing,"

"Praise later, Survive now," Buzzshock replied as he used his electric powers to force a hole in the bubble and burst it. Rainbow and Buzzshock stood before the knights. The eyes of their masks began glowing and Buzzshock jumped at the opportunity and absorbed the taser, sucking out all the power of the masks with a distorted laugh before raising his hands and tasing them with green lighting.

"Lightning rod," Rainbow nodded "Way to make them taste their own medicine,"

"Actually That was my energy," Buzzshock replied, his squeaky voice starting to make Rainbow chuckle a little the more he spoke "I feel more like I ate their energy,"

"So, we gotta give this one a good name,"

"I'm stuck between Buzzshock or Feedback,"

"I dunno, Feedback sounds cool, but Buzzshock just has a little extra pop to it,"

"Buzzshock it is then," Buzzshock declared proudly "Let's go and..." There was a beeping sound and Buzzshock looked to his back, where his Omnitrix symbol was "...Awe man," He complained before turning back into Spike.

"Well, I'm still gonna go call Blueblood the rudest name I can think of,"

"Blueblood?" Rainbow demanded in confusion "That can't be right,"

"Yeah, it just...doesn't make sense," Spike agreed "And yet I saw him so..."

"Did you check his face?" Rainbow inquired "Could have been some guy who was pretending to be Blueblood, although why someone would willing give themself that face is beyond me,"

"Honestly," Spike nodded in response "fake Blueblood makes more sense, that little snot could never organize something this big. But if he wasn't Blueblood then I am back at no longer knowing what is happening in the slightest, but I'm gonna go get some answers dangit," Spike began trudging through the snow when he suddenly flashed into Wildmutt.

He snarled in confusion as Rainbow jumped on his back and grabbed onto some of his furs to keep herself steady.

"Oh yeah, I'm riding in style tonight," Wildmutt patted his hands, his fur keeping him warm in the snow, he smiled upon realizing that Survival mode had flipped a coin between Artiquana and Wildmutt to keep him warm while he was in the snow.

Happily accepting the faster of the two transformations Wildmutt began running across the snow at his fastest speed, easily transversing the environment and easily finding the entrance to the underground secret entrance, Wildmutt slammed his front claws into the ground and tore up the entrance.

"Secret snow door?" Rainbow demanded "That's kind of weird," Wildmutt tore his way inside, and found the place devoid of all life. Wildmutt snarled as he looked around for the knights, but was only notified to a presence when he heard a voice.

"A giant dog, how fitting," Rainbow looked up at Blueblood, staring at them from the end of a long hallway "And the element of Loyalty, two government dogs for the price of one, how nice,"

Rainbow was about to fly and attack him when Wildmutt snarled in irritation, looking in the completely wrong direction, as he searched for Blueblood. "Hey, he's over there," Rainbow pointed and Wildmutt turned, sniffed, shook his head, and continued looking. "Unless he isn't really over there, hey chuck something over to where I pointed you," Wildmutt ripped a pice of the floor our and threw it over his shoulder in response to her request.

Instead of hitting Blueblood the chunk of debris went through him, and the hallway he was down was sealed shut.

"It was a bobby trap!" Rainbow realized "Good job Wildmutt," Wildmutt snarled proudly as the watch began beeping and turned into Spike.

"How did they leave so fast?" Spike demanded, "This place is entirely empty, not even a piece of machinery is left?" Before Rainbow could guess they heard a low beeping noise.

"Say," Rainbow noted as he began backing away, "What do you think the odds of this place blowing sky high are?"

"Enough for us to run away," Spike decided before turning and running towards the direction they had come, Rainbow plucked him out of the air and the two flew out of the hole Wildmutt had torn open for them. They didn't make it far before the entire area was covered in a ball of fire, Rainbow was sent sprawling across the snow, and Spike was turned into Heatblast.

"Not appreciated," He complained as the cold began whipping at him, he was suddenly covered in a magic Barrier and looked up to see Twilight flying above him.

"I'm so happy I found you two," She said with a sigh before motioning to the crater in front of her "But would you mind explaining this?"

"I'd like to go to the empire first," Rainbow complained "The number of bad guys out here is insane and I don't wanna get tased with eye lasers again," Twilight picked up Heatblast and Rainbow flew after them towards the empire.