• Published 16th Jan 2018
  • 863 Views, 71 Comments

First Equestrian Armored: Elements of Harmony - computerneek



One lovely day, the Cutie Map sends the Mane 6 through the mirror to Canterlot High. What is Sunset's Discord doing- and what's this about a giant tank?

  • ...
1
 71
 863

Chapter 7 (Rewritten)

A few hours have passed. Discord has gone on his way; to do what I’m not sure. I’ve also checked all the cabinets for what food supplies remain- and now, I’m on my way into town. My first stop is the craftsponies’. When I show them the page, they ask if I had Rarity design it or something- but I decline. As he begins to dissect the components of the new shower, he then asks if I had Applejack design it- again, no. Apparently, it’s going to be an extremely sturdy, and beautiful, shower. He even asks me if they’re allowed to keep the design to put into their catalogue for other ponies to order.

I tell him they can, so they build mine for free. I still offer to pay for it, but they politely decline.


My next stop was to be Twilight’s castle; I am interested in learning more about… About stuff my design cores can use to improve my auxiliary… Which Discord called an ‘avatar’... I like that term better. However, Princess Celestia is in town- at Sweet Apple Acres, specifically- and she wants to talk to me. The Guard that found me leads me back to the Acres, and shows me to where Celestia is waiting: Inside that giant shed. He didn’t seem to know I already knew Celestia was there, thanks to Twilight’s senses; she’s not awake yet. I didn’t tell him- and nor will I tell Celestia. Unless she asks, but Tactical is suggesting she won’t, unless I specifically mention that connection.

The Guard doesn’t follow me into the shed. Rather, he sends me in without him. It would seem Celestia is trying to keep our current… Predicament… secret.

As I enter, she stares at me with an… interesting expression. I pause just inside; the Guard outside closes the door behind me. She seems to be primarily confused, and more than a little interested.

Then she schools her expression as I turn towards her.


“Princess.” Fluttershy bows, even from all the way across the room.

“Rise,” Princess Celestia returns instantly. “You know you don’t need to bow before me, right?”

Shrug, and an averted gaze. “I… I suppose…”

Celestia sighs, shaking her head and breaking her royal decorum. “You can probably see what… happened to… your friends here?” She glances back at Twilight, whose tracks she’s standing next to.

She nods. “Yes… I miss them.” She looks almost longingly at the row of growing tanks.

Celestia nods as well. “The same thing happened to you, right?”

She tilts her head. “I think?”

A raised eyebrow. “You think…? Well, to our knowledge, it did. How did you… turn back…?”

She smiles, making her decision. “I didn’t.”

Blink. Blink. “Then…”

“I made this… me. I’m in the Everfree Forest, working through an ‘avatar’.”

More blinking; she clearly isn’t understanding. “Then… how did you wake up, and not them…?”

She frowns. “I don’t know. I only know that I woke up two weeks ago… and that they won’t for another one.”

Even more blinking. “Wait. You’re still a…” She waves a hoof at Twilight. “Whatever that is, right?”

She shakes her head. “I’m a Mark Thirty-Seven Planetary Siege Bolo… Twilight’s a Mark Thirty-Six Assault Bolo.” She looks up. “That… That doesn’t mean she’ll attack everypony, does it?”

Blink. “Uh… No, probably not. Siege is another kind of attack, but you’re not doing that, are you?”

“What…? I’m… Oh no.”

Celestia lets out a sigh. “But you’re still… similar. A Bolo. Yet, you’re a pegasus.”

“Yes. I made this pegasus form, and am controlling it remotely. Discord calls it an ‘avatar’.” She lets out a sigh. “Just don’t hug me too hard, I’m made of metal now.”

“Discord? Was he able to reverse the curse?”

She shakes her head. “Bounced off every time he tried. I… I think it has something to do with the specific metal I’m made of.” She looks up at Celestia. “He did tell me, though, that as long as we don’t accept our new forms, we’ll be back to normal in a matter of months.”

Celestia nods slowly. “Ahh… Um… Do you think you could produce some of those… ‘avatar’ things for whenever they do wake up? It’d probably help them adjust.”

She nods. “Yes Princess.”


“Yes Princess.”

I ask my design cores to build avatars for the rest of my friends; they set right to it… it seems only me, Twilight, and Rainbow have enough internal volume- thanks to the false wings- to pack enough power cells to use four motor-pump things… the other three will have to make do with three. Oh well- I don’t think anypony not in-the-know has realized I’m not a regular pony just yet, and I’m running on only three of them right now.

For Celestia’s suggestion that they’ll help them adjust… Tactical disagrees. Knowing the avatars exist too quickly could easily put them in denial of their own capability- and result in major problems down the road. Once they have time to adjust, to realize what they can and can’t do, though, I should be able to introduce the avatars without issue… save some Bolo-scowls I’ll probably try to hide from, but it won’t hurt them.

As a matter of fact, having the avatars available to offer them after they adjust might even be beneficial- it should help keep them from getting quite so bored as I was these last couple weeks. For somepony like Rainbow or Pinkie, bored is a very, very bad thing… and that’s even before the Bolo transformation.


Close to two hours later, I finally reach Twilight’s castle. Princess Celestia wanted some details on what had happened; I explained everything she asked for. Tactical is pretty sure she still doesn’t know I’ve accepted my form.

Tactical is expecting her to explode in my face when she finds out- just a little more violently than Discord did. Before I explained to him that I’m difficult to break…

Honestly, I didn’t tell him, but I didn’t know most of that until I queried Tactical for an answer to calm him with.

I enter through the front door, and make my way straight to the library.

Spike is still studying.

I walk up behind him, peeking over his shoulder, before I make myself known.


“Hey, Spike?”

“Wha! Huh? What-!? Fluttershy! Is everypony else back?”

She recoils from his sudden outburst, and shakes her head. “No, it’s just me… I have to ask, what are you looking for?”

He looks down at the books and notes he’d abandoned. “I’m trying to find a way to fix it,” he states. “I… haven’t found anything. Twilight would be so much better at this…” He hangs his shoulders.

“Don’t worry,” she smiles, hugging him gently- very gently. Her avatar has the strength to crush him, and she doesn’t want to do that accidentally.

He doesn’t seem to notice the hard metal underneath her softer fur. “But what if we can’t turn them back…?”

She shakes her head at him. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve already talked to Discord- and, as long as they don’t accept their Bolo forms, they’ll turn back on their own in a matter of months.” She lets out a sigh, averting her gaze. “He tried reverting it early… but it seems the metal we’re made of is resistant to chaos magic.”

His eyes widen. “Wait, we?”

Ahh, he’d caught the word she’d slipped in. She nods. “I haven’t changed back either,” she states. “I… built my pony form back. It’s made of metal, slow, and not very articulate… but it’ll work.” She smiles at him. “Celestia asked me to make some for everypony else, for when they wake up. However…” She sighs. “Twilight probably won’t be impressed by the lack of moving wings… or magic ability.”

Spike pokes at her wings for a second to make sure- and, true to her words, they’re simply a shape extruded on her sides, not even a permanently-folded wing. “Uh…”

“Perhaps you could help with that?”

“What? But… But how?”

“Well…” She looks up at the shelves. “At the moment, I’m using pumps and water to move… but there’s got to be an easier- or more efficient- way. I’d like to go back to muscles, but I haven’t a clue how to make those.” Then she scowls at the floor. “Then of course, I’d also like to make it lighter; I weigh something like fifteen times what any normal earth pony does, let alone a pegasus… but I’m not sure how to do that without weakening it too far.”

“Uh… You need Twilight.”

Shake. “She won’t be waking up for another week.”

“Then… um…”

“Any books on mechanical- or electrical- stuffs? Ever since I became a Bolo, I can think- and understand- even faster than she.”

“Electromechanical… What about magical?”

She shakes her head. “I’d rather focus on being able to move all of my limbs first… and maybe being able to last for more than a week before returning to my Bolo body to recharge.” She smiles. “I rather suspect I don’t have the power supply- just yet- for things like magic.”

Blink, blink. “Aaahh… Um, no problem. Um…”

Author's Note:

This chapter rewritten!

... Yes, four in one day. Though technically, 4, 5, and 6 were actually yesterday, only publishing today. Just one more and I can declare the rewrite complete!