• Published 6th Nov 2018
  • 1,053 Views, 23 Comments

Issac - Eyes



Issac the Human. His stories, his experiences, and his mistakes. His emotions, his friends, his life. This is the story of the boy named Issac and his time in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,053

Canterlot - Day One

Issac and Spitfire walked through the long halls of Canterlot Castle. Issac occasionally stopped to glance into an open doorway, look at a piece of art, or stare unblinking at a guard.

"You wouldn't happen to know where I can get some food? I haven't had a chance to eat today," Issac asked, pulling the hood forward slightly, keeping his face hidden.

"I do, we're not that far away at the moment. After we get some food in you, we should get you back to your room. I'm not even technically on duty."

"Yeah, you might be right. I don't feel like pissing Celestia off just yet." Issac continued to follow the mare toward the cafeteria.

"So... Not to be rude, aren't you a little young to be 'friends' with the Princess?" Spitfire asked, looking over to Issac. "I mean, the Princess tries to make time for all her subjects, that's true. But I haven't known her to give out rooms to just any random pony."

"That's something of a long story."

"That's fine, I like long stories."

"Well, I don't. Let's just keep it at 'we go way back'." He said plainly. "Too far back."

Spitfire raised an eyebrow at that, "oookay, you lost me, but I'll take your word for it." They continued down the hallway in silence before she tried to change the subject. "So, where do you come from?"

"Around."

"Just around?" Spitfire deadpanned, stopping to turn to Issac. "Who are you? No runaround this time. Because I'm about two sec-."

"Celestia's adopted son, or maybe nephew. Whatever she wants to call me these days." Issac interrupted.

Spitfire stared at Issac, her mouth agape. "Are... Are you a lord?"

"Meh," Issac scoffed. "At one time maybe, had a fief and everything. But, not anymore, I wouldn't think." Sighing, Issac turned to look at Spitfire, "Look, can we just get some food?"

It took Spitfire a moment to recover before mumbling, "Uhh, sure." The pair continued down the hallway "I don't know what to call you now."

Issac chuckled, "You already forgot my name?"


Issac and Spitfire walked into the empty cafeteria.

"Wow, and I've actually been to a ghost town," Issac said, sprinting past the empty tables. "This place puts some of them to shame, and I've been living in a dilapidated castle."

Spitfire sighed, taking off to hover over the tables. "The kitchen is this way." She informed, flying over Issac's head and banking to the right. "Just, grab something quick so we can get you back to your room. I'm sure they found you an actual guard by now."

"And you're not an actual guard?" Issac smiled, sprinting up to where Spitfire landed, and opened the door.

"Not exactly, no." She replied as Issac walked into the kitchen. "I'm a training officer, for the Wonderbolts."

"Ahh, neato," Issac said, grabbing an apple and holding it in his mouth. Issac grabbed another three apples and moved to the larder. Opening the larder he saw a large assortment of flour, nuts, and vegetables. "Shlim bickens," he said to himself grabbing a small bag of pecans he turned to Spitfire. "I'm good when you are." He mumbled, chewing a small amount of apple.

"Good, let's get you back."


Issac and Spitfire finally climbed up the final step, only to see Sargent Hornet staring their way. "Was there a problem, Captain?" She asked.

"No, nothing like that. He was hungry is all." She replied with a grin, "He should be more docile, for the time being anyway."

Hornet glanced at Issac, "Is that so?" she waited a moment, "Very well... Princess Celestia would like a word with you, I am to take you to her."

"Oh, fantastic. I've been waiting all day for this." Turning toward Spitfire, Issac snapped into an ancient salute, his arms crossing his chest and giving a slight bow. "It was nice meeting you, Captain."

"Likewise, don't be a stranger, Sir Issac."

Issac groaned at the title, watching the mare walk to the railing and jump down the stairs. "That's a lady with style," Issac mumbled, staring at the empty staircase.

"Can we go, please? I've already been standing here for five minutes, her highness will think something's wrong."

"Fine, Horny, let's go," Issac mumbled, half-hearted.

"Excuse me!? What did you call me!?"


Hornet slowly pushed open the doors to the throne room, the groaning and creaking of age making themselves known. The doors slowly opened, showing a long red carpet leading up to a large dias where Celestia was seated. Staring into the room Issac shoved his hands into his cloak and walked slowly behind Hornet, his head down. The walk seemingly lasting forever finally ended with a gentle voice. "Issac?"

He hesitated, only for a moment... Before bursting into a grin under his cloak. "What's up, Sugarlumps?" The room was silent as the guards glared at Issac.

Meanwhile, Hornet was staring at Issac, mouth agape. "We... We talked about this..." She mumbled as her head dropped.

Issac chuckled, walking up to Hornet and placing a hand on her armoured back. "S'all good, Horney." He glanced up at Celestia, "She's not mad, she's disappointed... But not in you, in me."

"I think we should talk, Issac." Celestia smiled, looking down at the human. "Everypony... Leave us."

"But-" Hornet began, before being cut off by Celestia.

"Everypony. Thank you, Sargent, for bringing Issac to me. You're relieved." Celestia interrupted, not looking away from Issac.

Issac smiled as he pulled off his horns, nodding, "Celestia."

"Hello, Issac." She returned, waiting for the rest of the room to clear. "How have you been?" She asked as the doors to the throne room closed, leaving them alone.

Issac shrugged, smiling up at Celestia. "You know, the usual."

Celestia calmly walked down to the human. "I'm surprised you haven't gotten caught yet."

Issac cackled, "The closest one of your ponies came was that thief on your payroll... Something.., Doo."

Celestia giggled, "She was never after you though. She was trying to preserve history. Those artefacts belonged in a museum."

Issac returned the laugh, grinning at Celestia. "They did, just not in yours... Who do you think paid me to put them in theirs?"

Author's Note:

Don't forget your adblock, folks!