• Published 6th Nov 2018
  • 1,054 Views, 23 Comments

Issac - Eyes



Issac the Human. His stories, his experiences, and his mistakes. His emotions, his friends, his life. This is the story of the boy named Issac and his time in Equestria.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,054

Homecoming

A Few Moments Later

'Bucking Celestia... When I finally get the resolve to actually go through with it... Buck!' "Worthless!" Issac chided himself as he stomped, clattering down the abandoned halls in ancient plate armour. 'Using the damn Elements, as if that will make everything okay. Like the past thousand plus years can be erased in a matter of moments!'

Issac halted, turning to the wall, giving it a few good kicks to ease his frustrations. 'STUPID! BUCKING! PONIES!'

He sighed, leaning into the wall, "I need to go back to the Griffin Kingdom... Tartarus, maybe the Minotaur government would finally forgive that bit of piracy..."

"Issac!" Twilight shouted, running down the hall.

"Maybe not," Issac told himself, placing his head against the wall with a sigh. "What!?"

Twilight slid to a stop next to Issac, "why did you run away?"

"Listen, Purples," Issac attempted to snap his fingers before pointing at the mare," I can't deal with any of that right now." He replied, gesturing down the hall.

"It's Twilight, and why not? That's not Nightmare in there, you know." She replied, turning her head quizzically.

"On some level, Dwight, I know that. I'm honestly happy to see her again, don't get me wrong, but... I just can't forget everything she's done so easily."

"Again, it's Twilight... And I can't imagine what you're going through right now but that mare in there is not the evil you once faced. She's just a confused mare that needs her family and friends."

Issac sighed, placing his head back against the wall. "On an intellectual level, I know you're right... But emotionally, I disagree. Besides, I need to get back to my room and take a look at my wound."

"I'm sure Celestia can take a look at it, all you need to do is ask."

"She would just love that, I'm sure. No thank you." Issac scoffed, "I would rathe-"

"Hi!" Was the only indication someone was there before two pink hooves covered Issac's vision. "Guess whoooo?"

Issac sighed, "I don't know, but you're pink. Please stop."

"But you're sooo close."

Ignoring the pink intruder, he continued, "look, Starbright, you and your buddy can either follow me to my room or leave me alone. I'm not doing anything till I look at this." He finished, pointing at the hole in his armour.

"Right, okay." Twilight nodded, "Pinkie-"

"Awww, you gave him the answer!" Pinkie whined, removing her arms from around Issac's noggin.

Twilight groaned, "Pinkie, go back and tell the others we'll be along shortly. Tell them that Issac needs to grab a few things."

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" She chirped, starting her bounce down the hall.

"Alright then, shall we?" Twilight asked, looking back to Issac.

He sighed as he turned, beginning the walk to his room, "fine, come on."


"This... Is your room..?" Twilight asked, eyeing the ratty old room.

"Yeah, for the time being anyway. I only just got here a month, or so, ago."

"It's certainly... Something."

"Well, I'm no stranger to roughing it but living in this squalor isn't exactly ideal," Issac added, pointing to the mouldy, moth-eaten bed. "That being said, it serves its purpose." Issac unlatched the leather straps to his chest plate, pulling the unclasped pieces over his head with a groan.

Twilight gasped as she looked over Issac's exposed torso, a long streak of red going down a plain white tunic, "Are you alright?"

Issac loosened the first notch on his tunic, looking into his shirt. "Yeah, She didn't hit anything vital. The bleeding has pretty much stopped." He sighed, looking to Twilight, "I'm not too surprised, she did want me alive long enough to watch. I'm just going to wrap it, it should be fine."

"Would you like me to help?" Twilight asked, walking over to Issac.

"No, I'm fully capable of..." Issac looked over to the mare, her ears flat against her head. "Sorry, no. I can take care of it myself. Thank you."

Twilight smiled, "Take your time."

Issac sighed as he took off his tunic, "I really am sorry, normally I'm not nearly as much of a pain in the flank."

"Not nearly as much?"

"Well, I'm just saying. I am, just not as much." Issac chuckled as he started digging through his trunk. "I've just had a lot on my mind. So, I'm sorry, for what it's worth."

"Apology accepted, and it's worth quite a bit."

Issac scoffed as he pulled out a long sheet of cloth and began wrapping his wound. "I'm still quite a bit cynical and a tad jaded so don't get your hopes up."

"Noted."

"Listen," Issac paused, "I'm not making any promises. But I will at least go back in there and be civil. Regardless though, I have no more business here. Could you possibly levitate my trunk along with us?"

"It would be my pleasure." Twilight smiled, causing Issac to groan.

"This sucks." He mumbled, making Twilight chuckle.


Twilight and Issac calmly walked back into the throne room, the seven ponies sitting around each other in conversation.

"We're back!" Twilight chirped, prancing over to Celestia. Issac following behind, armourless, sword at his hip.

Issac glanced up at Luna, her eyes moving away as he did. "Luna, Celestia. How's the Sun business been treating you?"

Celestia smiled, looking down to Issac as he approached. "It's been well, as you can imagine. How have you been?"

"Eh, wandering has its ups and downs. You find a lot of characters though." He glanced over to Luna, "how do you feel?"

"We are, confused. Elated to be released from mine parasite, yet, fearful of the future."

Celestia turned to the gathered ponies, "Unfortunately, the hour is late and we need to return to Canterlot."

"We understand, Princess." Twilight responded, nodding.

"MInd if I tag along as well?" Issac asked, walking over to the pair of princesses.

Celestia was taken aback, if only for a moment, "Certainly... Issac. You're more than welcome."

Issac grinned as he pulled his trunk over toward Celestia, 'this should be intresting'.

"Is that everything?" She asked Issac, watching him drag the trunk over.

"Everything I brought to this old castle anyway." He grinned.

"Then let's be off." Celestia turned to Twilight, "Twilight, thank you."

"It's no problem, Princess."

Celestia looked to her sister, then to Issac, "Let's go home."

Issac chuckled as he looked toward Twilight, "catch ya' later, Purples."

"It's-" With a flash, the trio were gone. "-Twilight..."

Author's Note:

Wand3r3r3 helped again, so did NotShadowLotus488. You two may not fix much but what you do, helps. Thank you.