• Published 11th Jan 2018
  • 935 Views, 9 Comments

The Mysterious Mare Do Well - Reloaded - Equinoxx



A man named Tom Frim is transported to Equestria mysteriously, and with no way to get back home. And now he's not even a human male anymore! So he decides to make the obvious "choice" and become, The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

  • ...
4
 9
 935

Episode 2: Pain and Anger

It took a whole GODDAMN HOUR!.. But I finally made it to Ponyville. After a loooong breath and nearly falling over from exhaustion, I managed to hold myself up. I just need a place to lay the hell down. I looked along the rooftops for the softest looking roofs-hold on, they’re all made of hay… I think I’d rather lie on the ground. At least that way I won't feel extremely itchy.

I hobbled towards a building and sat against it to rest my legs, as walking for an entire hour *sucks*. It doesn't help that I've barely gotten use to walking on these hooves. They feel heavier to lift than human legs, and I obviously don't have any sort of experience walking on all fours. But what all that amounts to is the fact that I just need to practice, and for now, take a short break. Though I wonder if this is how a pegasus feels when they're learning to fly, minus all the stuff about walking.

A minute or so later, I finally stood up so I could begin my exploration of Ponyville. I trotted off in the direction where I presume the town hall to be, but out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something that caught my gaze. A familiar looking well, but the question stands, how does it look familiar? I took a few steps closer to investigate, and... heard somebo-somepony calling for help? Wait a minute... this situation reminds me of a certain episode...

So maybe I should take a bit of a backseat. Mostly since I know the filly in the well will be safe. With that in mind, I made my way over to a bush. Luckily for me, it lacks thorns, allowing me to hide in it. Still a bit itchy and uncomfortable though.

Surely enough, a rainbow blur blitzed past me and entered the well at a dangerous speed, smashing the boards covering it. “I’m Rainbow Dash, and I’m here to rescue you!” A crowd started to accumulate around the well as they heard what was shouted, but that aside, I think it’s pretty obvious who just flew in. It’s also pretty obvious as to what timeframe I’m in. Speaking of which, five particular ponies show up, all instantly recognizable as: the mane six (excluding Rainbow)… I should probably be freaking out in glee right now, but it's not like I'm speaking to them. I'm sure I'll have my freakout at a later point.

After only a few seconds, Rainbow flew out with a filly on her back, who looked happy to be saved. Everypony cheered in celebration of the heroic deed as Rainbow landed and the filly hopped off her back. “Wow… What’s with this crowd?” Rainbow asked earnestly. “Uh, thanks everypony. It was really no big deal.”

The filly waddled up to Rainbow’s side. “To me it was! You’re my hero Rainbow Dash!” The filly cheered gratefully. Everypony seemed to agree, as the crowd began cheering for Rainbow once again. Rainbow lightly blushed and slowly flew away, and I meanwhile have a bit more thinking to do.

“Rainbow Dash sure is something.” Said Scootaloo as she, Snips, and Snails appeared out of nowhere.

“Something special.” Snips and Snails said in unison... I think I'm promptly going to ignore Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

Everypony eventually dispersed from the area, leaving it safe for me to come out of hiding. But I have a strange feeling in my gut. I feel as though I should be monitoring Rainbow, just in case… Hold on, what if these events don’t even happen in the same day?! Do I really have to go back to Canterlot mountain so soon?!

You know what, I’m not dealing with this! Not yet! Home I go since I already missed breakfast and I will *not* miss lunch too! Unfortunately, I have no choice but to walk back… Ugh.


Hello, Seastar. Back so soon?” The computer asked me as I exited the elevator and flumped to the floor.

“There has to be some way to get there easier.” I groaned in an admittedly whiny tone.

You could have just took the underground transit we have to Ponyville.

What? “We have one of those?! And you didn't tell me?!”

Yes. Would you like to know how to find it?” I don’t know if this computer is trolling me or not, but either way, I don’t like it!

“Fine…” My patients was quite tested at the moment, mostly because I felt pretty cranky. I blame the hour long walk there and back.

"It is behind you and to the left." Behind me? Surely enough, I turned around and there it was! Another elevator not too far from the other one... How did I miss that?!

I feel the sudden urge to scream in agony, but I don't think that'd help much. I take deep breaths to calm myself down, which kinda works, but I still feel exhausted. But I want to be a bit more productive today, even if that means rest will have to wait. "Computer?" I prompted.

"Yes?"

"Can you prepare me a large lunch while I go and practice some magic in the Utility room?" And it should be obvious why I want to do that. Though I suppose I should also do a bit of research on how magic works as well.

"Of course."

"Oh, and one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Are there any books on magic in my room?" Crossing my fing-... Or I guess I'll just be hoping since I don't have fingers to cross.

"Affirmative."

"Great!" I began walking to my room. "Call for me when the food is done." Now that I'm walking after a short break, I realize just how resilient my new legs are. And isn't that a sentence I never thought I would utter. Anyway, I want to get started with magic as soon as possible since it will no doubt assist me a lot.

So I guess that's basically my plan for the time being. Even so, I don't quite know what my long term is. For all I know, I could be stuck here for the rest of my life... and I'm not sure if I'm okay with that... But for now, I should just focus on what I want to do. Mainly, I kind of want to help Rainbow. I mean, sure, it gets resolved peacefully anyway, but there's a reason why so many people don't like that episode. But if I could take the brunt of Rainbow's blame instead of the mane six, then maybe she can actually learn a lesson out of all this. Especially since I'm not planning to show her up like the mane six did.

I'd rather be discreet, and I want to use that as an example to Rainbow about what a real hero is... Though I am concerned about failing in multiple fronts, really. Like if I don't succeed in saving someone, or if I don't give a proper example... So hopefully nothing will go wrong, but I'm taking a pretty big risk...

...Which way was I heading again?

Roll credits!

Author's Note:

I'm back! Holy mac&cheese has it been a while. I kinda faceplanted into a block that prevented writers from wanting to write so I took a small break and damn do I feel better! Hopefully now I can actually get into the thick of it, but knowing my past record, don't get your hopes up.

Still, I have a plan! Let's just hope I can stick to it like glue. Or some other sticky substance... Ew.