• Published 11th Jan 2018
  • 935 Views, 9 Comments

The Mysterious Mare Do Well - Reloaded - Equinoxx



A man named Tom Frim is transported to Equestria mysteriously, and with no way to get back home. And now he's not even a human male anymore! So he decides to make the obvious "choice" and become, The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

  • ...
4
 9
 935

Episode 1: Just a Tad More Confusion

I slowly woke up, my eyes barely wanting to open, but they did eventually. It only took a few moments for the memories of the day before to rush through my head. Unfortunately, sleep didn't do much for me other than getting rid of my headache. Still, that's better than nothing. I sat up and took in my surroundings. I didn't do so last night because my brain was too taxed when I first entered the room. Anyways, the walls of the bedroom are simply more of the stone that make up the rest of the cave. There isn't much in the way of decor either, other than a dresser beside my bed and a small table on the other side.

But, "I guess I have nothing to cloud my thoughts now." First off: I'm now a Unicorn... That's already hard to believe in of itself. Second: I seem to own a knockoff batcave for... whatever reason. And third: I'm in Equestria? Normally, that would be every Brony's dream, but then why do I feel more intimidated than happy? "Maybe it's because I'm not home...?"

Wait, does that mean I'm truly gone from my world? Did I simply vanish from existence? "Great!" Now I have another worry on my conscious...

I probably shouldn't think on that too much though... At least not now.

Plus, it's not like I have a family that could miss me.

"Gah!" I hit myself on the head for thinking of that. Thanks for doing a really bad job at not being depressed, me. "I should just get moving." I sighed. I got off my bed and left my room; I have a few more questions for the computer-Lady-thing.

I got there and the computer flashed to life, though this time I was smart enough to shield my eyes with a foreleg beforehand-or should that be hoof? "Hello Seastar, good morning. Would you like me to prepare breakfast?" It asked me.

Honestly, I didn't think this place even had a kitchen, but... "Uh, sure? Where is the kitchen anyway? And by extension, where's the dining room?"

"To your left."

I turn my head left and spot a door a few meters away, supposedly leading to the kitchen and dining room. I looked around and saw even more doors that lead to other areas. This place is certainly bigger than I thought. "How many rooms are there, and can you give me a simple rundown of what they're for?" I don't want to be checking out rooms all day.

"There are seven rooms and an elevator. You are already aware of three of those rooms, but the others are; a bathroom, a vault, a training room, and a armory." Huh, I get the feeling that I should ask about the latter three.

"What is the vault for?"

"It holds millions of bits and a few hundred gems, for your convenience."

...

Ah... That's a lot of money. Okay then, next question. "And what about the armory?"

"It is where your gear is stored until your next outing."

"Wait, what gear?"

"Your gear for when you suit up as The Mare Do Well. Are you sure you are alright? You seem to be forgetting a lot of important areas."

... Yep, doctor, I need an X-ray to make sure there isn't a large knife in both of my ears. It sounded like it said, or at least implied, that I'm Mare Do Well? "H-hold on... I'm Mare Do Well?"

"Yes. Would you like a quick rundown of your previously mentioned gear?"

"Yes!" I immediately answered.

"You have a multi climate suit made of soft but thick layers of silk, smoke bombs, and a grappling hook that you can store under your hat. But I presume that you may want a utility belt." That was... A bit underwhelming. But then again I'm not opposed to anything underwhelming due to recent events. I'm still in shock about apparently being Mare Do Well, or at least that's what I'm being told. That just seems... ludicrous, but... Why? I shook my head in an attempt to clear my thoughts.

"S-so, last question, though the answer is kinda obvious, what's the training room for."

"It is for you to train." Yeah, figured.

Okay so, what the hell am I suppose to do? Maybe... I don't know, do something to clear my mind? Yeah, that would be ideal. "What am I normally supposed to do?"

"I'd recommend checking on Ponyville. It appears to be having many incidents lately."

"Right." I stood up and began walking to the left of the computer... Wait a second. "Uh, the armory IS this way, right?" A thumbs up appeared on the screen, so I suppose I'm going to the armory now.

The walk there wasn't exactly a long one, but just by entering I can already tell that it is certainly grandiose. There's subtle lighting all over the room. it has a catwalk to a podium holding the Mare Do Well suit, and a tray of equipment next to it. Oh, and the obligatory bottomless pit below the catwalk. But hey, at least this room's walls are less dull, having a spiky texture to them. It is honestly quite unsettling, but enough on that! I walked over to the pedestal and placed a hoof on the suit, feeling the soft silk.

Wow, it is actually pretty soft but I can also tell how tough it is, and nothing seems to be off about it. It's honestly a marvel to look at; the stitching is seamless, the hat looks better than anything I could craft, and the colours are just right! Ahem, whoops, I think I got carried away there. Seriously though, I kind of want to put it on... Okay, yep, I'm gonna put the suit on.

(Skipping all the trouble I had actually trying put it on) I feel so powerful and cool! Though I'm sure that's just the cosplayer in me screaming with joy. It helps that it fits pretty well too. I turned my head to the right and looked down at the tray with the grapple gun and smoke bombs. There are five smoke bombs, at least as far as I can tell. There may be more in reserve, if there is a reserve.

I placed the grappling hook on my head, which felt as silly to do as it sounds, and put the hat over top of it. I then put the smoke bombs on the utility belt of the suit. oh yeah, it has one of those by the way... Hold on, why don't I have a holster for the grappling hook on the utility belt?! Okay first, back to the computer, then I can worry about things like that. While I'm walking though, I need to start actually thinking. I can't just go off and do things without a second thought.

First and foremost: Why is all this set up for me? It's a bit more than strange that I just so happened to wind up here and the computer doesn't even bat an eye. Did someone know I was coming? But how? No. More importantly: why? Were they the one who brought me here, or was that something else? Someone else maybe...?

"You look in optimal condition."

"Aahhhhh!" Well... that was embarrassing. I probably should've paid better attention to where I was going.

"Uh, sorry..." I said, though I'm more sorry to myself. "Anyway, how am I supposed to get to Ponyville if we're below Canterlot? That would be a pretty far walk... Right?" I actually don't really know. The show was never consistent with the distance.

"You'll manage." Oh how inspiring. With a heavy sigh, I turned to leave, 'The Well,' as I think the computer called it... Wait, I just now realized that I don't know how to leave!

I turned back to face the computer again. "Uh, where's the way out?"

"To the right of your bedroom." I nervously laughed as I swiveled around once more to leave, a bit embarrassed about how many questions I asked. Though I suppose it's necessary to do if I want to find out what's going on.

I went to the door next to my bedroom and, thankfully, it's an elevator door. That certainly makes things easier. I pressed the button to open it, stepped in, and pressed the button for the ground floor. Once the elevator reached the ground, not only did the door open up, but the whole portion of the wall did as well...

...Fair enough...

I exited the elevator and went on my way. Though I do wonder how I'll get back in. "Meh, I'll probably have to cross that bridge once I get there."

Roll credits

Author's Note:

I'm still kinda finding my new style for writing in first person, but it's coming to me gradually and I can already see myself improving... I hope.