• Published 5th Jan 2018
  • 2,477 Views, 48 Comments

The Fractured Unity - Time Reaper



Come around and see the mixture of two stories. One were ponies start meeting changelings through the lenses of six ponies now, turned changelings, and another one of queens facing the changing of history through their eyes.

  • ...
6
 48
 2,477

A Pressuring Meeting

Hours has passed. The morning, now gracing the kingdom of Equestria with a soothing warm, holding the secret of what happened just a few hours ago, with the meeting between the the leaders of Equestria and the two monarchical representatives of the Changeling world, regarding the foalnapped ponies of Ponyville and them turning into part of the changeling hive belonging to Queen Diamantis. It was quite a taxing meeting for the two sides of the negotiating table but, much to their chagrin, it was just one part of the whole negotiation, they still needed to inform this to the rest of their respective countries and that was a conference that none of the monarchs were eager to do.

This conference, unlike the previous one, was set up by a very hesitant Princess Celestia who wasn't very eager to meet the journalist. Not because she didn't want to explain as much as possible to her ponies what happened to the citizens of Ponyville, but rather, because she knew that they weren't going to be very accepting of the settlement done with the changeling queens. Surprisingly though, when it came to them entering into the meeting, only one accepted to be part of this meeting and receive the questions from the press, that one being Queen Valeris, while the other two decided to look in the distance the encounter with their reasoning being kept between them.

It was taken for granted that Princess Celestia would have preferred that at least Diamantis was there to face the press, considering that she was the one taking care her little ponies but, alas, Valeris was the Queen that took the ride while alleging responsibility on this act. Although, to be fair, Luna also had to leave her to star preparing everything in Canterlot ahead of time from what she was about to do in a few minutes.

In the end, though, while Celestia was waiting for the journalist to gather up on Ponyville's Town Hall, where both her and the elements were waiting for the meeting to be done, she decided to discuss a little bit more with Twilight regarding what was about to happen, and if both her and her friends were ready for the challenge coming up ahead.

"Dear elements" -, she begun, - "it makes me glad to know how you are here with me even though this isn't something you should be facing on your daily lives" -. She then looked at her cursed student. - "I hope you're ready for the challenge coming to you, my faithful student."

"Princess Celestia" -. Responded Twilight, wearing a mask that spoke confidence but was actually hiding her internal fears at what she was going to do from this day onward. - "I know that the task you gave us is a tough one, but you can rest assured that we're ready for any type of question that the journalist may try to make us."

Meanwhile, her friends were sitting besides her for moral support on this meeting, since they agreed to let Twilight make the talking should they get any questions from the journalist. They were all afraid, just like Twilight, but they all knew that as long as they were together, nothing would stop them from defeating this new challenge.

Celestia smiled and looked at the streets of Ponyville, noticing how more and more journalist were gathering up in front of Ponyville's Town Hall, with her Royal Guard trying to keep them along the citizenship under control behind the line. The meeting with the press was soon to begin and the equestrians were more than ready for it, but there was a certain Changeling Queen that hasn't appeared yet that Celestia was waiting for this particular meeting. The fact that Valeris hadn't appeared yet was something that made her wonder if she was going to even be here. Regardless, while it would be highly disappointing for her to not be there, it didn't change of how prideful Celestia felt with Twilight and her determination to help Equestria.

"Thank you, my faithful student for putting so much of yourself on this along your friends, now all we need to see is when will our foreign friend finally appear for this meeting."

As the ponies were looking around, Rarity decided to give her opinion on this:

"Pardon me, your majesty, but do you think she will actually appear as her real self or will she use a disguise? After all, she did say that there were some things that are supposed to be a secret, and I'm very sure that she would like to keep her identity as such."

"Wait" -, interrupted Rainbow Dash, - "why would she worry about being discovered? She is a queen! She's supposed to be among the strongest, right? Why to use a disguise when there's no one who would dare to question her?"

"Rainbow" -. Responded Twilight. - "Remember that some of their rules and living style are supposed to be a secret, I'm sure she doesn't want the other queens figuring out who was the one that broke the laws just so she doesn't have to fight them over."

As Twilight was close to finish talking, two ponies appeared through teleportation on the Town Hall where the meeting would be done in front of equestrians. Their identity was quite a mystery at first glance but, just by looking with detail at their appearance, they were letting very clear who they were. The first one was a tall and slender unicorn pony with a blue coat and blue sky mane and with a sailing ship as a cutie mark; she was being followed by a brown filly that Twilight remembered very well as Hidden Gem, the disguise used by Diamantis to make herself look like a pony, making the other pony in question Queen Valeris.

"Not quite wrong my Twilight" -. Said a very confident Queen Diamantis who was trying to hide her nerves, but failed at it, while Queen Valeris looked as if this was just another day in her life. - "You see, by law, were not supposed to be discovered, so the best we can do to go around is by using this disguises while meeting the press."

In that moment Applejack took a better look at Diamantis and made her a simple question.

"Wait a minute, Ah' thought that only Queen Valeris here was gonna be the one talking to the press. What are you doing here?"

Diamantis kept her confidence and responded with the certainty common of those who weren't afraid of criticism.

"It was decided that I would do this as part of my training to become a queen, I will have to deal with journalist during the rest of my life, so I'll start right now by listening to them and while Queen Valeris will be the one answering the questions" -, she said while looking directly at the stoic mare, - "should a single one of them ask me a question, I will have to answer."

Diamantis smiled before moving to a position where she would be facing at the press while Valeris simply moved to Twilight and talked to her with a soft voice into her ears.

"It took a while but both Fortis and I agreed on her having to do this as quickly as possible. Since she can no longer search for ponies to fill up her hive, she'll now have to go to other queens and we all agreed that the best way to present herself to the rest of the world would be through the press" -. As those words entered into Twilight's skull, and gave her an insight of the extra layers that were being presented right in front of her, Valeris added a few extra words to make sure that Twilight would understand well how important this meeting was, as of now, for both the changelings, Equestria and her. - "Remember that I'm telling you this just because of the position that Diamantis will give you, this can be considered a changeling secret, so careful with who do you share this information with."

And with that said, she left to her position, leaving Twilight wondering how she could share this information or if she better discuss it with her friends later. After all, Diamantis still needed to address the citizens she foalnapped and try to convince them to join her hive but, before she could dive more into it, Celestia moved to the center of the meeting hall and decided to open the meeting with the journalist.

As she got into the center, the journalistic ponies stopped talking among each other and started to use their magic to write as many notes as they could of the meeting, including each sentence made by Princess Celestia.

"Greetings" -. She said with a complete confidence as all the ponies were starting to pay her more and more attention. - "I, Princess Celestia, welcome and I appreciate you here, in Ponyville, to this conference where we are about to reveal information about the most recent events that transpired on this town."

This got the journalist interested, their eyes and ears started to take a better look at the elements of harmony and the other two unicorns in the Town Hall, Celestia was sure that this wasn't going to be easy, but, she still decided to try her best into delivering the information that, she was sure, wouldn't cause any problem whatsoever for any side doing the agreement.

"But" -. She clarified -. "Before we start, I want to let very clear that any question will only be answered after we've finished talking. Only once our pieces are done, will you then be allowed to ask whatever type of question comes to your mind, is that alright for you?"

The journalist looked at each other before nodding and allowing Celestia to continue her speech.

"As you may be aware, about three weeks ago, 30 civilians in Ponyville were foalnapped, leaving various families alone and worried about their loved ones" -. She paused and gave a look at the elements of Harmony and the various ponies that were looking at her with sorrow in their eyes. - "As you may be aware, among those civilians foalnapped were the Elements of Harmony, better known as the farmer Applejack, the seamstress Rarity, the caretaker Fluttershy, the weather worker Rainbow Dash, the party planner Pinkie Pie and the librarian Twilight Sparkle and, as you may see right now, they are right besides me."

The media quickly started to take pictures of them and the other ponies started to get hopeful looks at the possibility of having their loved ones with them very soon, all they needed was the Princess' confirmation.

"As you may be guessing right now, yes, we've found them and that's the reason why we decided to make this conference with you. So you can know the details of the investigation" -. All the ponies started to mumble and many more were trying to get to talk to their princess but Celestia moved her hoof upward and downward to calm them down and proceded. - "At the start all we had were the testimonies of the ponies who were there when the disappearance happened but once we managed to get a lead, we found warranted the location where the ponies were being held and we know that many of you were flying many speculations and theories about and regarding who were behind this and why so now I'm going to dispel them all."

The journalist started to get closer to Celestia, with their pens less than an inch away from their notes, as they prepared to take the one note that would give them the front page in their dairies.

"We can confirm now that this was done by a changeling."

The ponies quickly went into frenzy as they started to take note or fall into panic as they were wondering how long it would be before they were taken away now.

For Celestia, seeing her little ponies entering in such a state was something she wanted to avoid but knew there was no other choice, sadly, she wasn't done yet, she had to finish giving the information.

Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle was seeing Spike on the background, his face happy to see her but still filled with worry over where her surrogate mother and best friend was being captive all this time. Twilight felt a punch going through her stomach as she realized how all of this was going to affect Spike. Was she able to tell him? Would he be allowed to live on the hive with her and Diamantis? What could she do if Diamantis decided to deny him the right to be with Twilight herself?

This and more where the questions going through, not only Twilight's mind, but also through Applejack's, Rarity's, Rainbow Dash's, Fluttershy's and even Pinkie Pie's. The sole idea of leaving their families and loved ones was a scary thought and they were barely capable of keeping the facade to the media, after all, what was going to be of their lives now that they were now bound to a little queen that didn't even know what she was doing?

To even increase their fears, just a little glimpse at Diamantis made their fears getting worse, as she was making a very confident smile, but the sweat and nerves were just too obvious for them. What they were going to do now that a queen whose age was contemporary of the Cutie Mark Crusaders was now going to boss them around?

But their fears were then filled with wonder when they started to see at the other queen, Valeris, who was doing a good job to replicate Celestia's ability to keep a stoic face under such pressure. There she was, not showing any type of emotion and remaining still like a mountain. Just by looking at her, Twilight could only wonder what was she thinking about all of this, realization? Fear? Joy? She wasn't completely sure but she sure wanted to learn how to keep that calm under so much pressure.

"I know that many of you are now wondering and, no, this wasn't perpetrated by Chrysalis by any mean, this was perpetrated by a different changeling queen."

Now the journalist started to give different looks, some were looking at her with a face of fear, others with a face wonder and some were even looking perplexed, as if something in those lines weren't supposed to be said.

"This changeling queen" -. Continued Celestia. - "Committed what is considered a crime under Equestrian laws for reasons that will remain disclosed for the time being" -. Now the journalist were started to get curious, with some of them now starting to get a better look at the two unicorns besides the Elements of Harmony. Perhaps they were more than ponies? - "But suffice to say that, once we managed to make contact with the changeling queen, we managed to talk with her and the information she gave us created a new way of seeing the world."

It was here that something started to happen that went unnoticed to the equestrians and the newbie queen but not to Valeris, who was already used to this kind of conferences whenever she had to give them among ponies. Some of the journalist were now starting to give both her and Diamantis looks. But this weren't common looks, for the common Equestrian this would look like a simple journalist trying to figure them out, but Valeris knew that look very well, it was the look of scorn and hatred that one would give to a traitor while being disguised and she knew what it meant.

"They're here." - She thought.

They knew who they were and, Valeris was sure, if things weren't interesting before, they were about to get interesting very soon.

"And now, while we cannot give all the details, we assure you that a deal has been made with this queen along her acquaintances as a mean to make an experiment and see if changelings and equestrians can live together."

And it was here that all the ponies, both journalist and civilians went into rage and tried to get to Celestia to complain on a more personal level but the well trained Royal Guard, lead by General Shining Armor, managed to keep them all in line and ensure the safety of their princess, who preferred to wait until they were calmed before continuing with the conference.

Once they calmed down, Celestia decided to proceed with the questions and, much to her surprise, the first diary that asked was among the ones she expected the least as a pinkish mare raised her hoof.

"Clever Sight, from the magazine 'The Royalist'"

Rarity quickly wondered what was a gossip magazine of the life about the nobles' little secrets in Canterlot as she noticed the face of seriousness on the unicorn mare making the question.

"With the information you have provided, how sure you are that this changelings will keep their promise? Better yet, what kind of information they gave you that makes you feel confident that they will comply with this 'deal'?"

Both ponies and changelings noticed the hatred in her voice when she said the word 'deal', but, Celestia decided to respond with the same level of kindness she always gave to her little subjects.

"Again, that's classified information that cannot be given yet, the changelings have rules about secrecy and it's not in my position to talk about what was disclosed so far. You'll have to ask the changeling queens themselves" -. She then moved her hoof towards Diamantis and Valeris. - "For they are the ones more aware of what can and cannot be revealed."

The mare known as Clever Sight started to take notes as she then raised her hoof one last time and made a question that, while out of what was being discussed, it did fit the typical subjects from her magazine.

"Before I finish, is it true that you have a secret stash of chocolate sweets hidden somewhere in Canterlot Castle?"

Celestia gave her a frozen look before quickly moving on with the next journalist, never revealing secrets that were better kept hidden away from prying eyes. The next journalist, was a green pegasus stallion who looked very eager with this conference.

"Sky Foresight, from the news paper 'Political Animal'."

Celestia gave a nod to the journalist belonging to the same news media where Truth Voice worked and, later, will be murdered for doing his work of seeking for the truth.

"Do you think this deal will help Equestrian society to discover why some cities have rising crime rates lately? In other words, do you think there'll be any benefit from this new way you're trying to open up with them?"

Celestia gave a him a quick look before answering.

"Indeed, we've seen that changelings in our society may be more involved than we originally thought, so we expect that this will help not only to ease tensions among our species, but also to get more help to discover new ways to fight crime and insecurity in Equestria."

The pegasus quickly took notes before letting others to make questions of their own, with the next journalist being a red earth pony who wasn't very sure of what to take from any of this, although, Celestia found herself very interested from seeing him.

"Growing Life, from the 'World of Farming' magazine."

Applejack rose her eyebrows seeing that a magazine she usually read was here, after all, why would a magazine about farming be on a conference about disappeared ponies?

"Considering that the Element of Honesty, known as Applejack was among the foalnapped, how is this deal going to affect both her and the Apple's family business considering that, to my guess, this deal could affect the agrarian world?"

Celestia rose an eyebrow, not understanding what he meant but Applejack did, so she decided to move to the center podium and asked Celestia to answer this one.

"Ahm..." -. She started. - "Mah apologies feller, if Ah'm not wrong, yer asking about how the foalnap affected me and whether or not this will affect the Apples, right?"

The pony nodded.

"Well" -. She started. - "Ah can assure you that the Apples are still going to keep working as usual, Ah'm not the sole worker on the business and mah family is very capable of making business with anyone honest enough to help our land to produce goods the way it should."

The journalist took notes while, unbeknownst to them, Diamantis was paying extreme attention to what Applejack said. Not too long after that, another hoof rose and the lilac unicorn mare aimed her question to Twilight Sparkle.

"Relative Form, from 'The Alchemist'."

Just hearing that name made Twilight feel a mixed wave of anxiety and joy, one of the most prestigious magazines focused on the development of both magic and science was here and it was directing a question at her, she wasn't sure how to react at this.

"Considering that Changeling magic is a mystery in itself to pony society, do you think that this encounter will help you into discovering new ways of magic and, if so, do you think you could reveal it to the Arcane Community in the near future?"

Twilight started to shiver, the question she wanted to answer the most was now the question she could answer the least, just by looking at Valeris and Diamantis' faces, it was clear that they were testing her skills to hide information and, considering that she wasn't keen in putting her life at risk so quick after surviving a foalnap, she would now have to put to the test her skills to answer without answering.

"Well, it is true that changeling magic is a mystery to our society and it is true that part of the talks with this deal is regarding my capabilities to research it but how much of it will I be able to research or even reveal to the public it's still a subject to negotiate so I cannot reveal more about it."

The mare gave her a satisfied look and started to take notes while a red brown pegasus stallion got closer and made a question to Celestia.

"Special Sight from Los Pegasus Time, regarding the foalnap, on what conditions were found the foalnapped ponies? Are they fine? What information has been given to their families? Are they going to be affected for this kind of deal? Can we now be sure of no more ponies being foalnapped by changelings?"

Celestia took a breather with this one while also taking note that this was the first journalist actually asking about the foalnap itself rather than asking about its repercussions, something that really picked her interest and would later talk about with Luna once she could have a rest in Canterlot but, for now, she would clarify his concerns.

"The ponies were fine, healthy and with no signs of mental damage, their families have been informed and will be reunited once we've managed to get enough testimonies of their experience. Yes, they were part of the deal but, while we cannot reveal the details about it, we can assure that part of it is that no more foalnaps from Changelings to ponies will be held, which is why we cannot reveal more details about it, the deal it's still being ironed out."

All the journalist gave her quizzical looks before taking notes about it and, once they were done, Celestia decided to continue.

"Now, is there anypony else who would like to know more?" - In that moment, three hooves raised at the same time, much to Celestia's chagrin. - "Yes?"

The first one, a livid green pegasus moved to the first row.

"Objective Sight from the Baltimare Post and, before making my question I would like to be sure" -. He then aimed his hoof at the two unicorns that were actually Diamantis and Valeris in disguise before making his first question. "Are those Changeling queens? More specifically, are they related to the foalnaps?"

In that moment Celestia gave a quick look at both queens, hoping that they were ready for the storm coming to them at, something which she shouldn't be surprised about, while Valeris was looking as stoic as ever, Queen Diamantis was looking like a crumbling tower ready to collapse due to her nerves.

"Yes" -. Answered Celestia. - "They are some of the Changeling Queens that decided to make the deal with me in the hopes of fixing the problems between pony and changeling society."

Objective Sight then decided to start relating his questions at them.

"Is one of them the foalnapper in question?"

Celestia was starting to be weary, this was going to the territory that would make many nobles who disliked her very happy.

"Part of the deal was that changeling secrecy would be kept and we fear that revealing the identity of the foalnapper would endanger this opportunity to ease our differences but, fear not, this isn't a subject that we're planning to let go unrepaired."

The ponies started to take note of it, anger being quite noticeable in their faces, much to Celestia's sadness.

Objective Sight then made the question that created a new series of floodgates.

"Can I ask the changeling Queens?"

Celestia nodded, after all, they were there to answer questions that were directed at them, which then led Objective Sight to look at the queens and started to question them, starting with Diamantis.

"My first question goes to the little one" -. He said as Diamantis looked more nervous than Twilight ever could. - "What is your relationship with any of this? Why are you here being disguised and not showing your true identity?"

Diamantis gave a deep sigh before getting to the podium and started to answer with her puberty voice that couldn't hide her nerves.

"While I cannot reveal my relationship with any of this, I can inform that, to avoid revealing my identity to the changelings in Equestria, it was decided to hide my true identity so I cannot be traced back to my hive."

Objective Sight then took a look at his note and made one last question for her.

"Are there other queens? If so, what is their opinion on all of this?"

Diamantis then started to show signs of anxiety again, to the point that she was about to hyper ventilate when, to her joy, Valeris got closer to her and answered for her.

"Do not worry, I will handle this myself."

Valeris then got into the podium as Diamantis moved back to were she was, making Twilight wonder if that panic attack was real or an invention. Meanwhile, Valeris looked at Objective Sight and gave him an inquisitorial smile.

"I can answer that question for her, to which I say, yes, there are other queens besides myself and her but I cannot inform you of their opinion on this matter; it would be revealing information that would mean the breach of the current deal with the solar monarch and her lunar sister."

After seeing just how calmed and sure she looked, Objective Sight knew that he would get as many answers from this queen as from Princess Celestia, which lead him to not make anymore questions on the time being. This, in turn, meant that the other two journalist were now able to make their respective questions, with the next journalist being an electric blue unicorn.

He gave an air of professionalism that was unlike anything they have ever seen, he didn't look judgmental neither looked at anyone with hatred (although he still looked very angry) while he was using his horn to hold his materials, he was still capable of taking notes from all the things he was looking at, poses, faces, positions of objects and was even taking notes of the journalist themselves. His attire wasn't like the common clothes that books and pictures often gave to journalist in Equestria but his clean dark clothes and clean shaved still gave an image that was very much saying what his job was and what he was aiming for.

When Celestia, Twilight, Rarity and the other ponies looked at him, they thought for a moment that he belonged to a respected news media like The Canterlot Times, The Filantropist, The Morning Thinker or even The Avenue Wall Journal, which made them very eager to know who he was and where did he worked at.

"Hidden Truth, from the Bipolar Hedgehog."

Hearing that sent shock to the ponies and some journalist were even laughing either due to incredulity or shock.

"What is a journalist from that garbage fake news site doing here?" - Asked a black pony as he was trying to understand what he was looking at. - "Are you here because nopony else laughs at the dumb articles you write?"

And as some ponies were starting to laugh at them, Celestia quickly tried to calm them down while Valeris was now listening to a small conversation being done by the Elements.

"Twilight" -. Asked the brashly yet confused Rainbow Dash. - "Isn't the Bipolar Hedgehog a parody news paper designed to make us laugh?"

Twilight gave it a thought before answering, knowing fully well where was Rainbow going with this.

"Yes, Rainbow, it is and I too find it strange to see it here."

"Not only that dear" -. Continued Rarity with her posh accent. - "It's quite vexing to see how many of these journalist making questions come from places that, normally, don't dive into this kind of situations."

"Yeah" -. Continued Twilight. - "It's very strange to see journalist from places that shouldn't be focusing on this kind of situation" -. She then looked at the journalist and noticed a pattern. - "Not only that but look at them, some of them doesn't even look interested on the fact that we were foalnapped, they were mostly asking questions about the deal which, as understandable as it was, doesn't change the fact that it isn't normal their lack of interest on the Elements of Harmony being captured by changelings."

Valeris couldn't stop herself from making a small smile as she gave their words a thought.

"They're noticing it."

But, she was aware that, if the Elements noticed it, then the others would, so she decided to continue with this conversation with a voice that, as calmed as it was, it sent shivers to many ponies in there and made them shut up.

"It looks like the Equestrians have a problem with respecting other journalist, I see" -. She then gave a sly smile to Celestia before continuing. - "I wasn't expecting Elitism to be a thing in your kingdom Celestia, at least not outside of the nobles. I suppose the ponies aren't as perfect as they like to make us believe, unless you actually have no problem with letting a fellow journalist, even if from a, quote on quote, 'fake news' media to make questions. After all, it's still a form of journalism."

After hearing those words, Celestia couldn't stop from making a light blush as the other ponies were now looking at the floor with shame while Hidden Truth decided to finally make his questions without giving a single sign of caring about the most recent attempt of humiliation he was subjected to.

"Can we expect that other queens will join to this deal, considering that, as far as we know, it was made by just two of you?"

Valeris gave it a thought before looking at the journalist with a delightful smile.

"Yes, you can, this is the kind of deal that can bring a much positive influence for our society, but we must first speak with them to see how willing they are to join."

He took notes before making his next question.

"Considering that, so far, this deal must be kept in secret and that it was done by a couple of queens out of who knows how many; how high are the possibilities that what you're doing could be considered treason to your species?"

Both Celestia and Twilight were shocked at how direct was Hidden Truth being, no journalist would ever dare to say something like that to Celestia, even less to a potential enemy. They then looked at Valeris who, surprisingly, didn't look as if she even cared about the accusation being made to her.

"While the term 'treason' can be a bit harsh; I suppose, I should clarify a few details as long as I don't break the secrecy of the deal. While it is true that this deal was made unilaterally, I will clarify that the choices were between this or a potential war between our species, since Chrysalis' attempt against Canterlot made it really hard for us to be between ponies... but for me to be considered a traitor... I would rather let the other queens make the decision when that moment comes, thank you. Any other question?"

Hidden Truth decided to take some more looks at his notes before giving a negative and going back with the other journalist who were taking notes so fast that it looked like they were to create fire from the friction.

Then the last journalist came, a gray earth pony stallion that oozed with confidence and looked just as professional as Hidden Truth.

"Special Language, from the Canterlot Times."

As he said this, Valeris couldn't stop her face from giving a frown as her mind recoiled at the name of that news paper.

"Great, those journalist."

She nodded as the stallion talked to her on a very demanding tone, almost insulting, and made his question.

"Is there any chance you could give us any hint of what is your name or how you look?"

Celestia felt shame at seeing one of her ponies making such a dangerous question and, much to her fear, saw that it did exactly what she wanted to avoid. Valeris moved up from the podium and started to get closer to the pony in question, always trying to avoid showing her limping leg, faking it so well that it would require a very insightful pony to notice it and that was only in the case it knew what to look for.

As she got face to face with the pony, she started to speak to him on a very calm tone while giving him a look that said just how much despise she was giving him, something that wasn't worrying the stallion in any way.

"If you think that I will give you my identity just like that, you must be very aware of what that entails but, just to give you a sense of satisfaction, I will give you a hint that, hopefully, will make you understand who are you talking to."

None of the ponies were able to look at what she did, for she was so close in her face to face with Special Language that it was impossible to discern what kind of face she was making but, when she started to move back to Celestia, much to the worry of many, Special Language started to get pale.

His coat started to get so pale that it would fool anypony who hadn't see him just recently and would think that white was his natural color. His body started to sweat heavily and his legs were shaking so much that he was unable to remain standing, much to the worry of the ponies in the place.

Clever Sight went beside him and asked him what did he saw, at which he only moved his lips close to her ear and whispered something, something that made her pale as well but not to the point of losing her standing but yes to rapidly run away from the place, alleging having all the notes she needed.

While Celestia was now trying to keep all her ponies calmed, while mentally cursing for Valeris making everything harder for her, Twilight couldn't just stop herself from wondering what did she just saw. Was Valeris that imposing that she didn't even need to show her real form to let clear who she was or was there something else she didn't notice?

Meanwhile, on a close restaurant near the Town Hall, an eccentric looking orange earth pony was looking at the press conference from a distance with a slight delight as she murmured to herself.

"I'm so glad of not being there right now" -. She then noticed a red stallion running past her as if he was running for his dear life, making her chuckle. - "The media is going to eat her alive, I only hope Luxis and Cerebelis don't take this too badly."

She then payed for her little meal of eggs and a chocolate strawberry cake and decided to move along to the Ponyville Library.

"Well, time to get moving, Diamantis still needs to talk to her new subjects and that's something that I should be monitoring, not Valeris. After all, it's my responsibility."

At the next day, after Diamantis made her talk with her subjects and convinced them of joining her, Twilight was still trying to understand all the ramifications of what she said to her and what it entailed.

"Well, I have to admit, I understand why would Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow, Pinkie Pie or even Fluttershy would react like that. I mean, yeah, it's a good deal but I don't think we should be fighting over it considering that only one of us will be enjoying it."

She then passed through the news sellers and noticed how many of the news papers were talking about Celestia's press conference but there was one in particular that picked her interest.

She moved her eyes searching for the Bipolar Hedgehog, wondering what kind of news it would be talking about considering the questions it made, but she felt disappointment when she saw the front page's title.

CHANGELING QUEEN REVEALS THAT CHANGELINGS
LIKE TO DISGUISE THEMSELVES BETWEEN PONIES

Twilight kept looking at the front page, holding an image of Queen Valeris on her pony form while the article spoke about how redundant the conference was regarding finding more news about changelings, which made Twilight feel like a fool for over thinking on the possibility of his event changing what she understood about news media.

She then blinked.

What Twilight saw then left her in shock, the title was different, the diary's name was different, even the picture was different but, before Twilight could even comprehend what she was looking at, she blinked again and everything was gone. All she could see was the front page of The Bipolar Hedgehog making jokes about a queen speaking about redundancies.

She took a deep breath, trying to assimilate what she just saw, looked at the clerk and simply said.

"I want one copy of The Bipolar Hedgehog, The Alchemist, The Baltimare Post, Los Pegasus Times, The Canterlot Times and The Royalist please."

Author's Note:

Don't worry, I will show how Diamantis convinced her subjects, this chapter was getting too long and I don't like to abuse my readers with 10k+ chapters to read.

Please, feel free to give your opinion of this chapter, after all, is the longest yet and I would like to know my portrayal of journalism here.

EDIT June 30th of 2019: If you like this and you want to support me, you can do it through my Ko-Fi. Feel free to check it out.