• Published 5th Jan 2018
  • 2,477 Views, 48 Comments

The Fractured Unity - Time Reaper



Come around and see the mixture of two stories. One were ponies start meeting changelings through the lenses of six ponies now, turned changelings, and another one of queens facing the changing of history through their eyes.

  • ...
6
 48
 2,477

In The Hive of The Blind

The idea of seeing a small changeling version of Pinkie Pie certainly was, among the strangest things for Twilight to ever witness, but here it was in front of them. Nonetheless, they tried to make a proper greeting; after all, this still was the new heir to the throne of Hive Castleen. So they followed Diamantis's example and they bowed to Princess Veritis as their future queen presented herself.

"Greetings Princess Veritis, my name is Princess Diamantis, and I am here to show my respects and recognition to the crowning of the, soon to be, Queen Fortis with the company of my future advisers, including my future Speaker, Twilight Sparkle."

As the six ponies raised and greeted the princess, they prepared for any type of answer that could have come up from Veritis, except for said princess to get close up to them and analyze them with her own innocence filled eyes.

"Wow! These are ponies?" - Said Princess Veritis in an excited and gleeful tone of voice. - "My mom and the infiltrators have told me of them and have even shown me their appearance but I've never seen an actual pony so close to me. Are you filled with pure love or do you have other emotions? Well, you must clearly have other emotions if you look so startled right now, what are-"

"Princess..."

Both Princess Veritis and the ponies turned to see one of the guards getting closer to them while trying to keep his calm demeanor.

"I understand that you must be very interested in meeting the visitors, but I'll remind you that other citizens as well as royals from other hives are coming, and this will only delay your Highness's coronation. So, please, could you let them pass so we can greet the other visitors? You can talk to them after all the guests have arrived."

Pricess Veritis gave both Diamantis and the ponies a good look before looking at her side. When Twilight and her friends turned around they saw, to their surprise, at least another four carts waiting for their turn to enter, quickly understanding what was going on right now, not that Veritis seemed to care too much about it.

"Oh, silly me" -. She said as she simply smiled and waved her hoof. - "Oh well, you can pass. Enjoy the coronation, I'll be searching for you" -, and she then decided to lower her tone to give it a much sinister tone, - "later" -. She then looked at the cart's riders and also said to them in the same gleeful tone, common from those who haven't seen their best friends in a long time. - "And please come in later, I really want to catch up with you two."

The group of ponies and changeling then decided to move on towards the entrance as the cart (and its changelings) started to leave, giving them time to look around their surroundings to grasp at where they actually were.

As Rarity looked back and see what other changelings were coming in, she saw the next cart being left by one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen. It was a pearly white changeling queen with multiple colored gems all over her, with piercing red eyes that moved with complete grace and finesse. She was followed by a, young, changeling princess who was more creamy white with sky blue eyes, who also moved gracefully and with extreme care. Surprisingly though, Princess Veritis was much more calmed with this two, even though she seemed to be just as excited to see them as Diamantis and her entourage.

Rainbow Dash took her moment to analyze the guards who, unlike the farmers, who seemed robust and strong for their hard work, this soldiers looked more like they created their strength and held a look of disdain for both her and her friends. Even though Rainbow understood the reason behind the disdain, she just couldn't stop but feeling angry at them for that but she wasn't sure that she was capable of taking them on and she didn't want to ruin this chance for them so she decided to stay calm.

Fluttershy managed to keep her face calm even though she felt completely afraid on her inside. She deeply wanted to leave but she knew what was at stake here and that gave her enough resolve to stay there. Nonetheless, she just couldn't stop herself from feeling watched like prey by the other changelings and that only made her feel cornered.

Applejack, as hard as she tried, couldn't but try to remember where she had heard the name Magnus before. She was sure that she may have heard of them before, after all the Apples apparently bought manure from them, but she wasn't sure from where and, even more, if that farm belonged to this hive, did that mean that the Apples were depending on changelings to work? How much did Fortis owned regarding this farms? Now she was going to be under Diamantis's watch, did that mean that the Apples were going to be under further changeling control? These were the things plaguing Applejack's mind and the faster she talked to Twilight about it, the more she would be able to assess the situation.

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, tried to think of what kind of party would Veritis like, perhaps she would try to create something new? What kind of parties did changelings have? Was chocolate part of it? Maybe this would bring something new or interesting to her, after all, those who were pulling their cart looked like they would like a good party, maybe Veritis could tell her more about it?

For Twilight, though, she just couldn't but marvel at the grandeur of the place. Just by looking at the sides, she could see that she was in some kind of massive cave underground but the roof had some kind of spell that turned it transparent, allowing visitors to see the sky. The walls had lights all over them, allowing the cave to look like a theater (and, perhaps, that was the intention considering that they were going into the hive itself during a coronation) and, sure enough, there was a guard waiting for them right there, Twilight could see how the entrance was filled with an inviting light, making her feel like if she was on a new Grand Galloping Gala.

And all the while, the ponies couldn't help but to wonder what was going on through Diamantis's head. She was so young and yet she was acting very mature right now, perhaps it was a natural thing for changeling princesses to act like that? If so, maybe Veritis was just pretending to be so easy to excite?

When they got to the hive's entrance, the guard quickly asked them who they were and, surprisingly so, he didn't look at any of them with spite or anger. Whether it was because he actually held no problem or because he was better at masking his emotions, they weren't sure.

"Name please."

His voice was suave and kind, it seemed as if he didn't mind to stay in there waiting for who knows how long. Diamantis quickly answered.

"Princess Diamantis, future queen of the future hive in Ponyville and followed by her future advisors, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle."

The guard kept an even look before looking at the palace's inside and shouted:

"Please honor Princess Diamantis! Future queen of the hive in Ponyville! Followed by her future advisors: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle!"

In that moment all of the mares and changeling princess took a moment to see how the entrance was filled with a red colored carpet that went through the whole entrance, the walls were of a white color that made them wonder if it was actual marble with multiple, beautiful lamps both on the walls and ceilings that all shone with mixed sources (some with fire, others with magic) and all of this combined with the stairs that were in front of them were adorned with gold covered handles with a great painting in the upper floor. All of that made the entrance alone look like a place capable of rivaling Canterlot Castle in magnificence and grandeur.

But what made them more astounded were the other changelings in the entrance. Whether they were royal or not, they all were wearing clothes that resembled their high birth or that they were wealthy. Some were wearing some kind of tuxedos, or fine dresses, there were even some princesses that were wearing what looked like to be the most expensive jewelry avaiable, making Diamantis and her pony helpers feel completely naked.

"Diamantis" -. Said Twilight, in a very low tone of voice, to the princess. - "Are you really sure it was a good idea to come without a proper dress?"

Diamantis gave them all a look before gulping.

"I think I may have committed a miscalculation."

In that moment, the guard decided to quickly talk to the newest guest as quietly as possible.

"If you go to the left side besides the stairs, you'll find a store that loans suits that are fitting for the occasion."

With a silent 'thank you', the mares and changeling princess moved to the aforementioned place and sought for fitting clothing for them.

Just looking at Rarity's face was enough to tell everyone how embarrassing all of this was for them, embarrassing enough that they would all be hearing Rarity ranting about it on the way back home (and a few days later) about how disgraceful it was for them to go in such a way, or how she was planning to show them all who Rarity was when it came to dresses, among other things.

Nonetheless, being so close to the entrance gave them a few advantages, like hearing the names of those two royal changelings that were right behind them.

"Please honor Queen Luxis, queen of the hive Minerum, as well as her daughter, the Princess Luminis!"

When Rarity and her friends turned around, they saw, to their surprise, how Fortis came all the way and even hugged said pearly white queen and started to discuss. Conversation that none of the ponies were capable of hearing.

"Fortis" -. Started the white queen. - "I am filled with joy for being here on your coronation. I never thought that this would be possible and, my apologies for saying this, but I personally think that you were more fitting to be a queen that either your mother or your insufferable sister" -. She then took a moment to give Fortis a better look and see how much she has changed since the last time they met. - "I have to say, your wing look fabulous right now. It's like it was never cut at all, I hope you give a raise to the drone that fixed your wing."

Fortis simply smiled as she tried to hold something inside of her.

"Oh, I thank you for the compliment, it's amazing what you can get when you mix Minerum's resourcefulness, Panacitum's medical knowledge and Hidroxia's skills. But enough about me, why don't you go around the place and make yourself comfortable with the others here."

She then turned and saw the changeling princess looking at her expectantly.

"And I suppose you must be Princess Luminis, is that correct?"

Seeing her nodding made Fortis very happy.

"Indeed, Queen Fortis, it's been quite a while since the last time we met face to face."

Fortis tried to remember that time, a time where the idea of being the next queen wasn't even a thought for her.

"Oh, I remember now, it was in the last Great Council of the Queens, almost five years ago, last time we met. That makes you 19 years old, is that correct?"

Luminis was now trying to hold her smile at the idea of being remembered by another royal but, nonetheless, she kept her cool demeanor.

"Indeed, Queen Fortis, I am now 19 and preparing myself to take my mother's throne when the time is right."

Luxis couldn't but form a grin as she simply giggled.

"When the time is right? Don't tell me you are planning to dethrone me like Valeris did to her own mother. I thought I taught you better than that."

The princess blushed at that and blurted a quick rebuttal.

"Do- don't misunderstand me, my queen, I am just talking in a position where our hive goes through the same event Castleen is going through, I have no intentions of doing to you that barba-"

Luxis giggles and smug smile cut short her daughter's nerves.

"Worry not, my young princess. I have no doubt in you and your loyalty, I was just teasing you, but do bare in mind on being careful of talking about that in front of Valeris, she might get touchy about it."

"Worry none" -. Responded Fortis. - "I doubt she'll get mad at you for that but do be careful about mentioning it to her daughter, Prisis, she is quite defensive about her mother's past, alright?"

Luxis quickly took the moment to ask more about it as Luminis simply nodded and let the elder to discuss.

"Oh, that reminds me, have you seen the other queens? You know, Valeris, Cerebelis or Lixis?"

Fortis made a quick thought before looking at her entrance guard, the guard quickly noticed his queen and responded to her question.

"Queen Cerebelis hasn't come yet, although she is known to just appear at this type of celebrations, Queen Valeris arrived not too long ago with her daughter, Princess Prisis, while Queen Lixis will soon arrive."

In that moment he turned around and, in the distance, one could see another cart being opened, revealing a familiar electric changeling queen with large but fragile wings slowly but surely coming out to the celebration. Something that made Fortis quite happy.

"I suppose that is it then, I guess there is only one more guest I have to put my interest in. Have you seen my newest queen? Princess Diamantis?"

The guard peeled his eyes as he remembered the princess and her entourage of ponies.

"Princess Diamantis is here, she got here right before Queen Luxis and her daughter but, due to their improper coming, I sent them to loan a more fitting dress for all of them."

Fortis simply smiled.

"Oh, that is so kind of you. Thank you very much, when Lixis comes here just tell her where we are, she'll be pleased to meet that young princess."

The guard simply held his emotions back and nodded to her, letting Fortis free to search for Diamantis as she was being followed by a curious Luxis and Luminis.

Suffice to say that, during this whole time, the ponies and changeling princess were just looking at the conversation happening but were unable to figure out what they were talking about as they were finding a proper dress to wear, which is why they started to panic when they saw the two monarchs, and princess, coming their way and some of them weren't ready yet to receive them.

"No, this one has too many flowers... no, this one has a horrible mix of colors that doesn't compliment each others... Oh, Celestia, this one is green..."

If it weren't for the fact that most of the guest were inside the palace and that the loaned dresses were hidden by the stairs, most royals and guest would have found the view quite hilarious.

As the ponies were starting to panic, Diamantis quickly talked to them.

"Calm down all of you, I know this may give you some anxiety but, trust me, just calm down, let me do the talking and only talk if they talk to you, alright? This is nothing different from meeting Princess Celestia, all you have to do is to stay calm and respectful."

With that said, all the ponies, including Rarity (who finally found a white dress with purple gems decorating it) managed to calm down and knelt down as the royal changelings got close enough.

"Greetings, your majesties" -. Said Diamantis as she knelt down to both Fortis and Luxis. - "I'm humbled with your presence."

At that, Luxis made a brief glance at Fortis and gave her an approval nod for the princess's behavior, Fortis responded soon afterward.

"Greetings, princess Diamantis. I'm glad to see you accepting my invitation and coming to my coronation, once the event is over, we can properly discuss for the drones I'll be borrowing you."

This statement made Luxis to raise her eyebrows.

"Borrowing drones to a princess, Fortis? What, please tell, could be your reason to do it?"

"Haven't you heard?" - Responded a calm Fortis. - "This little princess will be forming her own hive very soon."

Luxis couldn't stop her shock from showing.

"Already, but she looks so young, how old are you?"

Diamantis started to blush as she looked at herself being forced to answer, which was going to be heard by her future workers no less.

"I'm 15 years old... your majesty..."

"15!?"

Everybody turned around at Luminis, whose face looked in a mixture between surprised and angered.

"That's impossible, I'm 19 and I'm still not ready to have a hive!"

In that moment a series of thought crossed through Luxis's mind, both memories of a certain event that transpired in the Collective's Palace about a month ago as well as what the newspapers were talking about very recently.

She had to ask.

"Princess Diamantis, dear" -. She said in a calm tone that was only hiding a storm that all of them were well aware of. - "Could you please tell me where is that Hive you are going to make?"

Both the princess and the changelings were starting to shake at her, fearing that everything was going to get worse than the Grand Galloping Gala, but Diamantis decided to respond, as rules of etiquette ordered.

"Ponyville, your majesty."

Luxis immediately realized who she was and who were those ponies right there and many thoughts started to pass through her mind but, before they could focus in either her mind or voice, Fortis took her in and talked to her.

"Isn't that great? So young and she is going to hold a hive on her own."

Luxis gaze quickly moved towards her fellow queen and if Fortis was aware of the indignation, anger, disgust or even a glimpse of all the turmoil going through Luxis right now, she was quite good at faking it, because Fortis looked completely unaware of it, much to the ponies shock.

"That reminds me" -. She then got closer to her. - "If you find Cerebelis, please mention her that I have to talk to her before the coronation begins, that conversation includes Valeris, Lixis and you as well."

All the changelings and ponies were baffled at this sudden change of topic, even more as Fortis then decided to exclude Luminis.

"My apologies princess Luminis, but this is a conversation between queens, I hope you can understand."

Fortis then gave Luxis a glance and something in the way it was looking at her told Luxis that, whatever it was, this conversation was urgent, prompting her to agree with her fellow queen.

"I suppose that's how it is" -. She then looked at her baffled daughter and said to her. - "My apologies Luminis but this a conversation that may be too important to ignore" -. She then gave Diamantis a look and added. - "Now, would it be too much from me to ask for you to aid a fellow princess and help her on the etiquette for this kind of celebrations? I'm not sure of how well can she fare by herself and I doubt that the other royals may be as merciful as we are."

Luminis gave both her mother and Diamantis a look before accepting her demands, much to the queen's joy, and watched them depart, whispering something between each other and for no one else to hear.

"Is Valeris, somehow, behind this?"

"Of course she is."

While adding a confused Queen Lixis (who was just discussing with an Amber-colored changeling queen in that moment) to the group.

Luminis then decided to share a glance at Diamantis (and it was impossible to not notice her bitterness) before finally addressing her.

"I suppose I never introduced myself properly, hadn't I?" - She then knelt down in respect and saluted. - "Greetings, my name if Princess Luminis, from Hive Minerum."

Diamantis then knelt down and saluted as well.

"Greetings, my name is Princess Diamantis, future queen of the future hive in Ponyville" -, she then turned to Twilight and her friends and presented them as they knelt in the order they were named after, - "and this are my future administrators: Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy."

Luminis's eyes quickly glowed at hearing those names.

"Oh, I know who they are. The Elements of Harmony, saviors of all Equestria thrice. The first by defeating Nightmare Moon and redeeming Princess Luna, the second time by turning Discord into a statue and the third by aiding the defeat of Queen Chrysalis" -. She then turned to Diamantis. - "I am quite surprised that you convinced them to become part of your hive, please tell, how did you do that?"

Diamantis started to get nervous, she was aware that the deal was supposed to stay secret to the equestrians but she was told nothing about whether or not the other changelings were supposed to know about it but, thankfully, for her, Twilight Sparkle decided to answer.

"My apologies but it was promised that the reasons why we accepted would stay secret. Isn't that right, my queen?"

Hearing those words almost shocked Diamantis but she regained herself quickly and took Twilight's words quickly as an answer.

"Indeed, when they were convinced to join me, it was promised by both parts that we would keep it a secret."

Luminis accepted the answer but, for her, it still wasn't enough for her, so she decided to discuss a little bit more.

"Alright then, I suppose, but, please tell, when are you planning to transform them? I can see quite well that they are still equestrians and the transformation wax can take a while, are you going to transform them while you are searching for more drones?"

Diamantis was trying to form an answer when Luminis saw how Twilight's eyes suddenly changed between its normal coloration and the common blue reserved for changeling drones. She then decided to give a better look at the other ponies and quickly realized what was going on.

"Hold on" -. Luminis continued. - "Don't tell me that you already used the transformation wax but released them before the transformation was complete?"

All the ponies and Diamantis became worried at that, not knowing what to say. Thankfully, Luminis didn't seemed too mindful of that.

"Well, I have to say, this is the first time I hear of something like that. I heard rumors that the transformation wax would still work even if you removed the ponies from it if they stayed in there for enough time... I suppose this proves correct that myth."

Those who still remembered the conversation held between Celestia, Luna, Valeris and Fortis, were also remembering Valeris's story of what happened with the transformation wax. If what Luminis said was true, then, how come Valeris was aware of the answer to that myth but never revealed it to the public? Was she even telling the truth or she was bluffing back while hoping to scare Celestia with a myth?

But, if she was bluffing, then how come she made up such a detailed story just to make up a story?

"Nonetheless, I think you should finish the transformation" -. Continued Luminis. - "It's preferable to finish it and wake up as a changeling rather than seeing slowly how your body mutates. I doubt it'll be a nice experience."

An uncomfortable silence came after that, making Luminis wonder if she said something wrong, but Diamantis changed the conversation before the silence became too uncomfortable.

"We may discuss about it after the coronation is over but, and I hope you don't mind me changing the topic, I have to admit that, right now, I don't think know enough about the etiquette regarding this kind of celebrations. I thought that just my presence would suffice and I seemed to be wrong. Does that means that I had to bring a present as well?"

At this, Luminis chuckled before answering with a more lighthearted tone.

"No, you don't. That custom died long before you were even born but you should have brought proper clothing to this and any future celebration you find yourself in, understood?"

Diamantis nodded while trying to ignore any potential look from Rarity as she tried to continue the conversation.

"I'll sure do, now, is this your first coronation? Because this is my first time and I would like to know how to properly behave."

Luminis gave a closer look at her appearance before saying anything else.

"Well" -, she began to talk, with a tone of voice that shown her criticism but not any kind of ill intent, - "for starters, you should walk more uptight and with dignity. Even if you are a hiveless princess, you must still act as the royal changeling you are.

On the second place, you definitely must have some control over your future administrators. Since they are here, that means that anything they do will be used as an idea of what kind of royal you are.

And, on the third place, You better be careful with the royals you may encounter in here. Some of them, like Queen Lixis or Queen Amyrillis, may be nice to you but not all of them will treat you with kindness and some queens are better to stay as far away as possible."

This gave all the ponies and princess some curiosity and, for the better or the worse, was the first to make the question.

"Like Queen Valeris?"

Luminis gave Twilight a very scrutinizing eye that made the unicorn flinch and squeak a small response.

"Is just that, the few times I've been close to her she always gives of this feeling of-"

"-her just wanting to kill you?"

Seeing how Luminis finished the conversation with such a non-worried tone almost disturbed the ponies but, considering who they were talking about, they were starting to get used to it as Luminis continued.

"I've been with her before, I know what you are talking about and you aren't the only one who feels it."

She then gave the idea a thought before making a smile and answering Twilight's question.

"Don't worry, she may act serious and cold... and be really scary, but she is of good intent... at least that is what my mother says about her."

Seeing her doubt made all the ponies uncomfortable and, noticing this, Luminis tried once again to dissuade them of their fear.

"But don't worry, she isn't a tyrannical monster that will destroy you if you don't agree with her. She wouldn't have achieved all of this if she were like that."

It was Applejack who decided to interrupt this time around.

"Achieved? What has she achieved?"

Luminis gave her once more an scrutinizing look before answering.

"Well, to start off, she has the most powerful hive among the eight great queens of Changeling society, she is the Lady of the Higher House in the Collective's Palace and, most importantly, she ended all the changeling wars almost ten years ago, among many other things."

Seeing the ponies baffled faces, Luminis had to force herself from smacking her own face when she remembered the fact that this were ponies and they probably weren't aware about changeling history, but she had to be sure.

"You didn't tell them, didn't you?"

Diamantis simply moved her face in a negative way as Luminis now had to explain all of that to the ponies.

"Alright, I can explain but, princess, if this are going to be your administrators, you must remember that they need to know about us, sooner or later, alright?"

Diamantis simply nodded before Luminis decided to explain some more details.

"You see, before the first Great Council of the Queens, almost ten years ago, it was a very common theme between changelings to be at war with each other."

The ponies gasped at this revelation, not too sure about what to say but Luminis made sure that they didn't interrupted her again.

"Horrible, I know. Every two to four years on average, some hives would go to war against each other, sometimes for territory, other times for political disputes, some other times because their allegiances would end, it could be for almost any reason; this lasted for so long that there is no record of when has the first war ever happened, and it was like that until almost 15 years ago, when Valeris declared war with the help of another four hives (including mine and Castleen itself) to all the others and, after four years of war, her alliance, The Great Coalition, managed to obtain a victory that resulted in peace among all the changelings, something that, to this day, was considered impossible."

The ponies gave those words a thought, remembering the day when the negotiations happened and how Valeris looked so calm at the idea of fighting Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, was that for her military experience? Twilight was now wondering just how different could have that fight gone from what she originally thought.

"Peace?"

All the ponies and changelings turned around and saw a reddish female changeling wearing a green dress, it was as an uninteresting appearance as it could be but her condescending tone was enough to draw the attention to her.

"Can you really call this peace when there are still rogue changelings like Chrysalis? Even if you want to ignore her, not all changelings have benefited from this and many of them have been suffering, or do I have to remind you of The Purge of The Middle Queens Valeris committed 8 years ago?"

Luminis flinched but she quickly responded back.

"I don't remind you inviting you to our conversation miss...?"

"Lady Vertebrae, at your service."

"Well, Vertebrae, you should know that it is very rude to enter into a conversation" -. She then looked at the ponies. - "or to talk when nobody has talked to you yet."

The ponies flinched at that while Vertebrae simply scoffed at that.

"May be so, but I cannot stand here while listening how are you praising that barbaric queen although, I shouldn't be surprised of that, after all, your hive is part of that 'Great Coalition' that has only brought more harm to us than good."

Luminis got shocked at this blasphemy and retorted.

"Harm? Can you really call 9 years of peace 'harm'? Sure, I have never said that it was perfect, but, for the first time in history, we can now solve our conflicts without having to go to war, trade routes between changelings are helping our hives to increase in numbers and, yes, we may have to deal with groups like the CAHL from time to time, but they are nothing compared to wasting your resources in a potential war or being cut off from all other hives by alleging neutrality."

By this point, Luminis looked like she was now started to lose her calm while Vertebrae was just smiling at her.

"Alright, you can stay as blind as you want but you cannot deny that Valeris herself is a monster and anything coming from someone like that is destined to fail."

By this point Luminis was cut short of arguments and could only stay silent.

"Really? Could you please provide some actual evidence?"

Everybody turned around and saw a light blue changeling princess with her body starting to form the body of a proper changeling queen but the one thing that stood out the most about her, and the one thing that shocked the ponies the most, was the huge scar going through her eyes. From the upper side of her right eye to the lower side of her left eye.

"Because, as far I am aware of, most of what Queen Valeris has done has been justified or is a correct move from the right perspective."

Vertebrae simply smiled at her.

"Would you look at that, I shouldn't be surprised of seeing Valeris's daughter defending her but I do have to say, haven't you heard that is rude to interrupt?"

"Tough words from someone who has recently done so. Please practice what you preach."

"It would still be better than someone who dethrones her own mother."

"It's not like she was a good queen to begin with."

"Or what about starting three wars between changelings? All of them bad for us and with one in particular being the worst in all of our history."

"Please, she only officially started one, the other one was by accident and she never started the third one, those are just lies spread by her enemies."

"Or what about those who have been exiled for criticizing her?"

"Do you mean those who fled after being discovered aiding her enemies and were later pardoned after the wars were over? Or those who have alleged to be exiled but are still living within her hive?"

"Oh, I suppose you are then going to justify her being the sole ruler of all the changelings then?"

"Those are lies, she doesn't rule over the other queens, she let them do anything they want as long as it is under the law and follow the rules of changeling society."

"You mean the ones she created?"

"It was agreed between all of them and ratified on the very first Great Council of the Queens."

It was a back and forth between the accuser and the defendant, with none of the spectators being able to tell apart who was the liar and who was the one telling the truth and all of them were starting to feel uncomfortable until a ring was heard with a changeling announcing in a loud voice.

"Too all the invited guest: The preparations are done, you can all come to the throne room to see Queen Fortis coronation. Please follow the helpers at the halls that will direct you there!"

At this, Vertebrae simply smiled and ended the discussion.

"I suppose we can end this conversation later. See ya then."

And with that, she disappeared into the hallways, with none of them wanting to get any closer to her. Valeris's daughter then decided to give the ponies and princesses a glance and decided to speak to them.

"My apologies for that rude behavior, I just really don't like seeing individuals like that whose only desire is to speak ill of others."

Luminis simply smiled and responded with a kind voice.

"Oh, don't worry dear Prisis, I actually want to thank you, for I was running out of responses to that dreadful royal. Ugh, I still can't believe that there are changelings that think like her."

Prisis then decided to give Diamantis, as well as the ponies, a closer look with her penetrating gaze, letting very clear to Twilight how similar was the daughter, compared to the mother, as their eyes had a certain threatening essence that scared her a lot.

"Well, I recognize the Elements of Harmony which means that, if the news are right" -, she then gave Diamantis a quick look, making the princess flinch, - "you must be the changeling that foalnapped them."

Diamantis couldn't stop herself from blushing and stuttering.

"I-uh-yes, I did... I mean, I know now that it was a bad..."

Prisis simply moved her hoof as a sign to ask her for silence as she simply responded, with a still calm voice.

"We can talk about it as we move to the throne room and see Queen Fortis's coronation" -. She then moved her hoof to herself. - "My name is Princess Prisis, daugh- first born by Queen Valeris, from Hive Hidroxia."

The ponies wondered about that skip as Luminis simply rolled her eyes at that, meanwhile, Diamantis decided to properly present herself.

"My name is Princess Diamantis" -, she then thought about the ponies and continued, - "future queen of the future hive at Ponyville with my fellow administrators, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy."

They all noticed her lack of mention of her mother and made them all question why but for different reasons each. For the ponies, they wanted to know what was the taboo of mentioning DIamantis's mother, was it related to Diamantis now being on her own? While the Princesses were wondering why was she trying to keep secret something that all changelings were aware off, maybe the ponies weren't supposed to know about it?

Nonetheless, they started to move through the white hallways as they all contained stained-glass windows which all had either foreign views or changeling figures that Twilight nor her friends could guess who they were.

"So..." - Diamantis continued, directing her new question at Luminis. - "If Princess Prisis was already aware of what I did, and you didn't seemed surprised by it, does that mean that you were feigning ignorance when you asked me how I convinced them?"

Luminis simply chuckled at that.

"Indeed I did princess... you see, my mother told me how you were among the few secluded hives known so far so, once I was left alone, I decided to see how well could you fare among other changelings."

"And...?"

"Well, it wasn't the worst case scenario but it also wasn't the best you could have done" -. She then turned and looked directly at Twilight and her friends. - "And that includes you."

Twilight and her friends opened their eyes and, Twilight, tried to respond to that.

"Us? But I said that it was a secret."

"Yes you did but after that stammering it was quite obvious that it was a just made up excuse. You should have it prepared either in accordance with Diamantis, your future queen, or by your own. There are many queens, princesses and royals searching for any sign of weakness to seize it and all of you gave it to them, you must prepare for next time, understood?"

The Ponyville guests looked at each others eyes, deciding that they would need to meet each other again and make a better preparation for next time. They all nodded, accepting their silent agreement and continued on their journey.

"And" -, Diamantis continued, this time with a more secure tone of voice, - "do you have any advice for me?"

Luminis looked at her, this time with a softer look, and sighed.

"My apologies, my humble partner, but I have none. I may be studying with the best knowledge avaiable to become a queen, but I have little to no practice of it."

Diamantis started to look down in disappointment when, without a warning, Prisis decided to give her piece.

"I have some practice."

Diamantis's eyes glowed with hope at that and waited for Prisis to tell her more while Twilight would listen and keep all of what she has been looking so far to herself and later analyze what she would tell Princess Celestia.

"At the beginning is hard" -, Prisis started to say, - "since you have no idea where to move but, once you start hearing your subjects and order their necessities based on what matter to the hive as a whole, you start to get an idea of how to move around. Some subjects will demand you to do the most menials tasks that they alone could settle while some will humbly ask you for help on problems that they alone cannot handle, sometimes it would be viceversa and sometimes none of them."

All the observers looked curiously at Prisis when she said that, hoping for her to elaborate but she only said.

"Hive Hidroxia have seen some crazy weeks from time to time."

She then continued.

"When it comes to finances, while it is true that you should have one or two main sources of income from your subjects" -. Twilight's friends perked up at those words. - "You must always remember that your subjects will want to try their own ventures and your help could give them more help than you could think. Sure, some, if not most of them, will fail but I assure you that the ones that will succeed are going to repay you beyond your initial investment and those who fail will feel grateful to you for at least giving them the chance to do it. Just be careful with how you handle the money."

Diamantis was, at this point, angered of not bringing something to take notes of but, thankfully, Twilight was and after a quick agreement to share them when they returned to Ponyville, Prisis finished her advice.

"Regarding security, I wouldn't try to do much because you will be in Ponyville and that place is much safer than other hives, due to it being located so close to Canterlot, like you wouldn't believe, but one or two guards to protect your changeling citizens will suffice."

With all of that said, Diamantis looked once more at Prisis and thanked her, at which the bluish princess simply said 'you welcome'.

"Prisis" -. Suddenly said Luminis. - "Please tell me, how old are you again?"

Prisis looked at her curiously and responded.

"I'm 18, why?"

Luminis just remained baffled and said in a tone of voice that reminded the ponies of a certain fashionista.

"I have to speak to my mother quickly, you are just one year younger than I and you are already starting to handle a hive while I haven't even tried. This is completely unacceptable, unacceptable I say!"

The ponies, except Rarity, just couldn't stop from giggling, causing the changelings to look at them with wonder and ask what was so funny.

"Sorry" -. Started Rainbow Dash. - "it's just that you remembered us of Rarity and her way of acting with her fru fru attitude."

Both Luminis and Rarity blushed at that and said... at the same time.

"What? excuse moi! But I am quite sure that showing how well educated you are as well as following the norms isn't something to... joke around..."

As they realized that they talked at the same time, Diamantis couldn't but join in the laughter while Prisis just smiled while it looked like she was trying to hold a laugh, although she still decided to join in the fun.

"You know what they say, so is the mother, so is the daughter."

At this all of them, except a blushing Luminis and Rarity as well as Prisis, who was still trying to look collected even though she was laughing on the inside, were laughing at their expenses. In the end, both Luminis and Rarity joined in the laughter for a bit as they started to get close to the throne room.

"Alright" -. Said Luminis. - "Both Prisis and I have to get to where our mothers are so I guess this is a temporary good bye but, who knows, maybe we could meet again. After all, with the next Great Council of the Queens getting closer and closer, perhaps we could decide to meet each other again before that event begins, maybe we should invite other princesses?"

Prisis gave it a thought and added.

"I don't see a reason to say no, Veritis would surely join and Pituiris just loves to have fun, especially in celebrations."

"Pituiris?"

Asked a curious Twilight, at which Prisis decided to respond.

"Yeah, she is the daughter of Queen Cerebelis. she's more similar to her mother than she would like to admit but less... uhm... dangerous... and more... uhm... prankster... if what she does could be called a prank."

"Really?" - Asked a curious Pinkie Pie at the idea of meeting a fellow prankster. - "What kind of pranks she does?"

"Oh, he usual" -. Said Prisis, not knowing the world danger she was starting to set. - "making traps, scaring others, as long as she can have her fun she will do anything to anyone. In fact, I think her favorite is to pretend to be someone else and just say comments that... would... infuriate others..."

As both Prisis and Luminis started to connect the dots, their faces quickly started to fill with anger at which they simply said their farewells, they put a facade of calm and prudence and walked into the throne room, leaving Diamantis and the ponies (except Pinkie Pie) into a state of mystery, wondering what was all that about.

Nonetheless, they saw the next room and prepared themselves for what they were about to face.

"Alright girls, are you ready?" - Said Twilight, at which all of them nodded. - "Alright, just remember what we were told and..."

"Let's go."

And with those final words coming from Diamantis, they all made their best stances and entered into the room.

It was a huge white room with lights all over the ceiling with windows that were open to the exterior, letting many common changelings watching the coronation with happiness and joy, while the room itself was filled with royal changelings of all colors on both sides of the wall, letting Queen Fortis on the middle, right at the end of the room, letting her to be seen by all the queens, princesses and royals in the room.

Diamantis, Twilight and her friends picked up one of the last seats, letting them very far away from the throne and Fortis but, in exchange, they could see the balcony, which allowed to see a wave of changelings shouting and screaming in joy as they were bathed by the moonlight and the torches illuminating them.

How were they seeing the event was a mystery to Twilight, for she was unaware of how there were giant speakers on the outside (she would realize when the ceremony began, as the sound from the exterior would reach her ears more than the sounds on the interior) but she could sense their joy as the idea of having a new queen was finally coming.

And when the ceremony began, her mind just couldn't keep up with magnificence given to it, only Celestia could match something like that, should she want.

It all began with all the lights shutting down and a small chorus that started to sing on a low tone in parallel to the lights being out. As each light was once again turned on, they, each individually, started to focus solely on Fortis and her bronze like carapace, making her figure shine and glow as the chorus started increase their tone and singing, making a lyric that was on a language that Twilight couldn't make out but it wasn't equish.

As they all saw Fortis alone, with her white dress adorned with gems of all colors, with the most simples on the bottom and the most rare and expensive on the top (with a pink diamond in the shape of a heart being at the top inside a crown) and each shining thanks to the lights. She looked magnanimous and solemn, as if all of them were simple figures compared to her and she was a holy being being brought down from the skies by an all mighty being that was sending its blessing in the form of a queen (what Twilight wasn't aware off, was that it was exactly about that what the song was chanting about) and, as the song went in crescendo, the more lights were focusing on her to the point that she herself was starting to illuminate the room, making it shine in multiple colors that gave off each a different kind of emotion. covering each one of the guest but then, with the song keeping its tone but still managing to sound more saint and holy, the lights started to focus on the pink gem at Fortis's crown, turning all the room into a lovely pink color that gave the idea of her transmitting her love.

And in all of that time, Fortis appearance shifted with the tone of the song, at the beginning, she was impassive and distant but as the lights were focusing more on her pink diamond heart, her features started to get softer, as she started to look at everyone with love and compassion.

The song then reached the top of its crescendo but with the chanting just keeping the pace as if the blessing couldn't be contained and now had to spread to everyone around them and all of the ceremony reached its peak as the song got into a single high note, with the light being reflected on the pink diamond heart now being so bright that it was even reaching the outside and Fortis now smiling in a way that Twilight has only seen in Princess Celestia.

To say that the ponies were enchanted with the event was only putting it lightly.

They loved it.

When the chanting finished, all the lights returned to normal, finally allowing Twilight to see the room properly and it was amazing to see how she wasn't the only one mesmerized by what she saw. Not only her friends but even the queens were astounded and with many of them letting their mouths hanging in shock at what they saw.

Even Valeris couldn't stop herself from tearing up at that while the other queens around her were smiling a pure smile that was just too strong to keep down while Prisis and Luminis were unable to process what they just saw.

Twilight would later figure out that Veritis stayed quiet for the rest of the ceremony, as she herself could only look at that and feel at peace with herself.

Not too long after that, an old changeling in white robes came out of nowhere, or he just appeared while everybody was blinded by the light, and moved next to Fortis. His voice was soft but with authority as he then asked to her.

"Do you, Fortis, swear to uphold the laws and traditions bestowed upon you?"

Fortis's voice was strong and powerful as it could be heard on the outside.

"Yes, I do."

"Do you, Fortis, swear to defend your citizens with your life and do anything you can to keep them safe and happy?"

"Yes, I do."

"Do you, Fortis, swear in the name of the almighty creator that you will uphold his values and make an example of them to this and any future generation until the day you resign or cease to live?"

"Yes, I do."

"Then. I declare you. In the name of those above us and with all among us as witnesses. Queen of Hive Castleen. Should you fail, may our witnesses act as judges and determine your fate."

And with that said, the interior of the throne room was filled with hoof stomps that showed the acceptance of all the queens, princesses and royals while the exterior was filled with a resounding roar that drowned any type of sound or comment on the inside.

While the audience was still applauding when Fortis then started to move into the outside, quickly followed by the elder in white robes. Her pace was slow but careful, always showing grace as she never lost sight of what was in front of her but never losing her essence of care and protection.

Twilight never felt something like this since those days when she met Princess Celestia.

When both Fortis and the elder changeling got to the outside, the roar increased in levels that Twilight never thought was even possible but, with a simple move from her hoof, Fortis managed to calm them down so the ceremony could continue.

The elder look at the audience and declared.

"I present you, your new queen! Queen Fortis, The Manticore of the Plains! May her rule shall bless you all into a new age of prosperity!"

The audience roared once more but this time with more calm, allowing some comments to be said in the inside, between the royals. In Twilight's case, the two besides her and Diamantis.

"Well, I'll admit that it was fancy."

"Same, considering where she comes from, I was expecting more of a circus from her part."

"What do you think it was all that about?"

"I'm not sure, probably some ancient ceremony that became outdated or something she decided to make up out of nowhere, you know how she has always been."

"Yeah, and to think that she is the actual daughter of Castis."

"The tragedy."

"If either her or her daughter hadn't been murdered, we wouldn't be suffering any of this."

"So you really think that she'll do it?"

"Change the administration? Of course she will. I don't know of a single noble or royal who is befriended with her, I bet you right now that she will get closer to that dreadful Valeris and her barbaric practices."

"Don't mention it, just the idea of seeing those commoners getting in their high clouds because they think that the queen is one of them... ugh, disgusting."

"Indeed... what do you-"

"Shhh."

The conversation was interrupted when Fortis decided to raise her hooves, signalling her desire to speak.

Her speech was well toned as it gave the feeling of power and authority, one that was quite well telling who was the one in charge here.

"My fellow citizens!

Thank you all for coming here! I understand that many of you have been recently worried with the murder of our previous queen as well as our first princess, Queen Castis and Princess Manticoris and I was there with you when the sarcophagus of both my mother and sister where sent to the to the eternal rest with the other queens that Castleen had through its history.

The following days after their murder were dark, especially when there is a new threat on the horizon.

But fret not!

I have been given the responsibility to protect you and so I shall do for I, for the last few days, have been exploring our territory, each one of our farms and hives under our protection and I have seen the state all of you are.

I have seen your struggles!

I have seen your predicaments!

And so, I, starting this very day, will begin making the changes needed for us not only to recover from all our hurdles but also to face the new challenges that are coming, both on the inside and the outside.

No longer will you be used as labor by other queens and get no retribution from that!

Before you realize, a new Castleen will be right before you, one that will be able to give you all the income you need to, not only, survive but, also, to sustain your whole families and beyond.

And to those who dare to threat Castleen's livelihood, I warn you already that you'll meet the fury that made us all so feared among the great hives.

Thank you all for being here, I promise you; you won't regret this bright future nor miss our dark past!

May you all be blessed and have a great future!"

She then bowed to the audience and, in response, the whole public started to stomp into the ground with so much strength that the interior started to slightly shake.

And with her speech over, Twilight could hear the last part of that conversation.

"And to think that she is daughter of Castis."

"How much do you give her?"

"With those blind subjects accepting anything she says like the dumb idiots they are? We'll have her for a long time."

"Well... it was nice while it lasted."

In that moment the ceremony ended and all the changelings started to move on their own, some went directly to the carts and left while others stayed for a while longer to make some final deeds before leaving.

Such was the case of Diamantis, who was now in front of her new queen, bowing in respect as she was now recognizing her as her queen with Twilight and her friends as witnesses.

Or, better said, with Twilight alone as her witness since her friends were already sleeping with a tired Princess Veritis who spent the rest of the night playing along with them and now were resting due to how late it was. It was surprising to see Diamantis being so woken up while feeling so tired, if her drowsy eyes were anything to go by.

"I, Princess Diamantis, recognize you, Queen Fortis as my Lady and sovereign ruler. May your rule last... *yawn* ...my apologies, until the twilight of your life."

Fortis then got closer to Diamantis and, in a sign of recognition, responded.

"And I, Queen Fortis, recognize you, Princess Diamantis, as my subject and future queen of the hive in Ponyville. May our relationship last beyond our generations."

Diamantis smiled as she finally made the first proper step to have a hive but her tiredness wasn't allowing her to stay up. Thankfully, Twilight managed to catch her and keep her up as she herself was already used to staying awake at night, a view that made Fortis chuckle.

"Well, it makes glad to see you so committed to this. Do not worry, I already have planned who to send to your hive. I'll send six drones, the best qualified I can find to help you to start the hive's construction."

Diamantis could barely stay awake but she managed to mumble something that Twilight translated.

"She says that she is thankful for that."

Then Fortis got closer to the two of them and said in a low tone.

"Now, the amount of changelings from a foreign hive indicates the amount of influence they can have on you so I deeply recommend you to not accept any amount close to what I am going to give you, it could send a bad message to the others."

Diamantis, once again, mumbled something and Twilight translated it.

"She understood."

Fortis then decided to take a more proper look at Twilight and, as she smiled, talked directly at her.

"And I thank you for accepting so well being a part of all of this. I really don't know what would it be of her without someone like you."

Twilight smiled at that and responded.

"Thank you Queen Fortis, I'm really still trying to get used to this. My eyes will, sometimes, scare me when I look at them in the mirror and I sometimes feel a deep hunger that cannot be filled no matter how much I eat but I at least have Spike to fill it" -. She then looked at the already sleeping princess. - "I really don't know how she has managed to stay like that with nopony to feed her."

Fortis smiled and responded in an already knowing tone of voice common from mothers who were aware of who were they talking about when it came to a daughter.

"I'm sure she has already done something, if she was capable of feeding 30 of you as well as herself for a whole week, then I have no doubt that feeding only herself would be no problem."

She then looked at the other ponies and continued.

"That reminds me, I talked with Valeris as well as the other queens and it was agreed that the next queen you should meet is Queen Luxis."

Twilight remembered that pearly white queen from earlier.

"The one that was talking to you? Luminis's mother?"

"Indeed, her. After talking for a while, she became very curious with Diamantis and want to personally meet her but I do recommend you to prepare very well before going to meet her, she is very secluded."

Twilight's curiosity peaked.

"More secluded than this hive?"

Fortis simply chuckled.

"Yes, even more secluded than me. She live in the north."

"Oh! So, somewhere above Manehattan?"

"No, more to the north."

Twilight's eyes started to bulge at the realization.

"But, beyond that is..."

"Exactly, the frozen north."

Twilight quickly tried to make sense of that.

"But, what is a hive doing so secluded in there? In fact, how have they managed to stay alive in the middle of so much coldness?"

Fortis looked back, remembering her previous conversations with Luxis, before trying to explain to the curious unicorn.

"Well, from what she explained me, it used to be easier to get love when the hive was created but that was a long time ago. Now, her hive, Minerum, has managed to remain alive thanks to trade and having good relationships with both Valeris and I but, before that... I'm not really sure. All she says about it is 'I would personally prefer to forget that era if it were possible to me.'"

Twilight opened her mouth in surprise and tried to wonder when it would be the right time to move, after all, it wasn't close to summer yet and that meant that the frozen north would be even colder than usual by now. Nonetheless, she was thankful for knowing that.

"Thank you, Queen Fortis" -. Said Twilight as she bowed in respect. She then remembered something in particular about the coronation and decided to ask. - "Before I forget, those lights in your coronation, as well as the singing, what was all that about?"

Fortis chuckled and responded.

"Oh, it was an old ceremony that a friend of mine, Queen Lixis, told me about."

"Really?"

"Yeah, She told me that the old queens used to do that as a mean to represent the first changeling queens and how they were always promising to share their own love to their subjects."

This was a piece of information that Twilight wasn't aware of.

"Share their love? Can changelings share their own love?"

Fortis decided to hum before responding.

"Well, I do think they can but very few try. Many tend to be afraid to share their emotions with others or... at least... that is how it has been in Castleen since I can remember... and I intent in changing that."

Twilight then looked at Fortis in a new light, now that she finally managed to properly meet her. Perhaps she was a potential puppet working for Valeris, but she definitely was someone who she could see as a nice queen. Someone she could trust... if it weren't for...

"Oh!" - Twilight said. - "I remembered and, my apologies for asking but, what is your relationship with Queen Valeris?"

Fortis gave her a curious look and simply giggled.

"Oh, well, you can think of it as friendship or, at least, the closest thing to friendship you can have with someone like her."

The statement alone made Twilight baffled and almost make her forget that it was late.

"Friends? How could that be?"

Fortis simply smiled.

"Well, I'll simply say that our first meeting wasn't on the best of moments but, as the years passed and as we started to get to know each other out, we started to see each other more as equal... or, at least, I hope so."

"You hope so?"

"Well, before my coronation, she told me that I was now a 'half-blind queen'"

Fortis then started to laugh at that, much to Twilight's worry.

"I'm not sure that was a compliment."

"Oh, it wouldn't be if it didn't come from her. Trust me, she may look terrifying on the outside but she is kind... you never heard that from me, understood?"

"Uhhh... sure..."

And with that, Fortis simply smiled with a level of kindness that Twilight has only seen in mothers and those who only feel love towards their neighbors and said.

"I suppose we can end the conversation with that. Now, if you excuse me, I'll call for someone to help you and your friends to spend the night in here. You can leave tomorrow, understood?"

"Yes, Queen Fortis."

"Good, I wish you and your friends a good night then."

And, when Twilight finally got someone to help her, she departed from the queen's throne room and went to a nice and comfortable room that, while nothing like Canterlot Castle, it was still a good sign of hospitality from the queen herself.

Author's Note:

Alright, I lost my internet on friday morning and I had to write all of this in the meantime. Since I'm not sure if the internet will be out again, I'll post this now and search for typos later. Please tell me where they are if you find them.

I hope you have enjoyed this, this was among the chapters I wanted to write the most when I started this story and it's among the most important ones in the whole story.

Now, I am going to write one or two chapters of Legacy of Kain: Harmony's Rise before coming back to this. The next chapter for this story will be a sort of interlude well you'll know what was discussed between the queens as well as some other stuff that happened that I didn't have enough space to add here.

Have a nice day.

EDIT July 8th of 2019: If you like this and you want to support me, you can do it through my Ko-Fi. Feel free to check it out.