• Published 21st Mar 2018
  • 660 Views, 19 Comments

The Life Of Daisy - WannaFlugelHorn

  • ...
 19
 660

Dancing In Danger

White Lightning shot into the air with an ear piercing shriek, utterly terrified, her nose finally connecting the smell to its source. She scanned the surrounding land, watching tendrils of a dark green color slither along the ground like a hoard of snakes, as confusing as it was to see an odor. It was strange for a Timber Wolf to travel such a great distance away from the Everfree Forest, especially considering how close White and Daisy were to the market, and how noisy the place could be. It was well known that Timber Wolves tended to be cautious around loud sounds. They would've also had to travel through a small street or two so that they were close enough to smell. Not to mention this Timber Wolf had traveled alone, a rare scenario, implying that this Timber Wolf was probably sick in some way. That fact made White Lightning feel anything but better.

"Run!" screamed White Lightning, cupping her hooves around her muzzle so that everypony nearby would hear her warning. "Timber Wolf, there's a Timber Wolf! D-Daisy, we have to leave! Now!" With that, she flew away, wings buzzing frantically. Daisy couldn't fly, and got caught in the crowd of ponies that had just processed what White had said.

They all began to canter away in a chaotic manner, barely avoiding each other. A few tripped and fell, nearly getting crushed by the sea of hooves before pushing themselves up to a standing position. Some were not so lucky, however, and cried out as appendages collided with their backs. A filly started to cry, her horn flashing in a distressed manner, and she appeared to have lost sight of her parents in the rush. Daisy spotted her, and, because she was closer to the juvenile than some of mares and stallions that had fallen, zigzagged through the mob of ponies to help her. Even though about half of the crowd was gone, as they had managed to pull themselves together enough to actually get somewhere, the filly would most likely gain injuries if she fell. Daisy wished aloud that the Unicorn's parents were still around, and that she wouldn't go running off, though she could barely hear herself over the wails of fellow equines. Finally reaching her target, Daisy took hold of the filly by her shoulders, trying to get her to focus so that she could calm down. It was only then that Daisy realized how beautiful she was, even if her face was wet from crying.

The filly was a chestnut brown, and her mane faded from a lush green to an alluringly saturated teal. He tail did the same, but because it was longer, its tip ended with a strong blue, which matched her eyes perfectly. Even the magical aura of her horn was enchanting, and Daisy remembered that it had shown a range of all of those colors as it caught the sunlight at different angles. He cutie mark resembled that of a peacock feather.

"It's going to be okay, I promise, try some deep breathing" Daisy said reassuringly. "What's your name?"

The small Unicorn sniffed, wiping her nose. He cheeks were starting to stiffen from her tears, and the bottom edge of each eye had grown a pinkish tinge.

"U-um, D-dan-ancing Pl-lume-ume."

"Dancing Plume?"

"Uh h-huh."

"I'm Daisy. Now, I'm sure this is scary, but you're going to be okay. We'll find your parents. Maybe if we can get to a higher view point . . ." Daisy looked around, trying to spot something that was tall but that she could still get on top of.

Dancing took a shaky breath, but it was an improvement compared to the sharp ones from earlier.

"Th-they aren't h-here. We live-ve on the st-str-street nearby," she said gesturing to the street where the Timber Wolf breath was comimg from. More was flowing between the stalls now, and Daisy knew they needed to hurry, though she didn't want to scare Dancing Plume. "Th-they were gonna run-un an errand b-but I wanted to do it m-myself."

"Dancing, going back to your street in dangerous," Daisy said, almost sure she'd heard a growl of some kind. "I know I can't make you, because you don't know me very well, but I want to keep you safe. Can you come with me?" Daisy herself was very scared at this point, and took hold of Dancing without hearing her response as a pair of glowing diamonds dimly lit the Timber Wolf breath that had come even closer. Daisy's brain recognized them as Timber Wolf eyes as she ran with Dancing, who didn't resist and tried to match Daisy's hoofing.

Realizing that she wouldn't be able to out run the Timber Wolf even with their head start, Daisy stopped, told Dancing Plume that they'd need to hide. Taking cover behind the stall were tomatoes were sold, Daisy picked up a few that had fallen to the ground, and covered both herself and Dancing with the tomatoes' squishy insides, hoping their smell was strong enough to mask their own. She then peeked around the corner to find the Timber Wolf sniffing the ground, clearly confused as to where the prey it had smelled had went, it's breath so thick that it couldn't see them fleeing from when it was behind it. Daisy watched as a white foam dripped from the corners of it's mouth as it searched, splashing to the ground. It was rabid.