• Published 4th Jan 2018
  • 3,898 Views, 148 Comments

The Adventures of Test Subject SP-1K3 - Dedion



Test Subject SP-1K3 and friends begin a journey across Equestria to escape their life of being nothing more than lab rats.

  • ...
6
 148
 3,898

Chapter 7: Botched Teleportation

Puffy white masses drifted on the wind. Spike believed that those were called clouds. He would have to think about that when the world around him wasn't fading in and out of existence. He saw what appeared to be a few dragons flying overhead. That was good. Maybe one of them would come and help him. The world faded out of existence once again.

"HEY! I FOUND HIM!" yelled a familiar voice. Spike opened his eyes and the world came into view again. A nearly pitch black dragon stood above him. "... well... at least most of him." Soon the shuffling of grass grabbed Spike's attention. There was a high pitched yelling that accompanied the grass shuffling. A young dragoness whose scales were stuck in a limbo of red and orange jumped onto him with her claws around his neck. Her pale blue hair danced wildly as electricity radiated from it.

"SPIIIIIKEE! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT DOING SOMETHING STUPID!?!" the young dragoness roared as he claws began to clamp harder around Spike's throat. Spike should have been utterly terrified at having his air supply being cut off, yet he stared at the dragoness with an uncaring gaze. A pair of red claws managed to loosen the dragoness's grip on Spike's windpipe.

"Thanks, Garbs," the near pitch black dragon said. He was responded to with a grunt. Spike tried to open his mouth to speak but found that he lacked the strength to do so. In the attempt to speak, he used up what little energy he had left and the world faded to black for what Spike could only guess was the tenth time.

When the world faded out of existence this time, it didn't return for a long time. Spike debated with himself for a time on whether he was dead or not, but that was soon overshadowed by something else. It was quite in Spike's mind, too quiet. There weren't any soft mumbling of countless voices to keep him company while his mind drifted into the black void. He could barely even feel the presence of any of them either. There was next to nothing here with him and he was becoming more and more unnerved as time went on.

However, Spike wasn't alone for much longer. A sharp pain started to accompany the baby dragon. It was born in his chest and began to spread its way through his body. The arching pain forced Spike's eyes to open as a gasp escaped from his mouth. The world came into view again as well as the site of three teenage dragons standing just a few feet from him. "...don't just leave kids, Garble!" The white dragon with pink scales running down his back. The crimson dragon in question moved his claws in a weird fashion. Both the white and nearly pitch black dragon seemed to understand the hand motions. Spike had a lapse in memory of the two dragons' names.

"Well, we didn't leave you behind, did we Fizzle?" the near jet black dragon retorted. A few angry hand gestures from Garble were made in retaliation. Spike soon remembered the dragon's name was Jet. A brief thought passed through his mind about how his parents named him after his nearly jet black scales.

"You were about as useful as a kid," Fizzle started, "No, actually I take that back. Spike over there seems like he'd be more useful than you. Heck, even Little Fang could be more useful." Garble's face contorted with rage as orange flames escaped from his maw. He took a quick glance over at the baby dragon Fizzle just used to mock him with. The two dragons eyes met and Garble's rage-filled face, for a moment, is changed to a more surprised expression. Jet and Fizzle noticed the change in Garble's face and also looked towards the newly awakened Spike.

There was a short silence that filled the air between the four of them. Spike was the first one to try and break the silence, but, as he went to speak, it dawned on him that he lacked the energy to do so. He was barely able to keep his eyes open. The albino dragon walked over to the Spike and kneeled down next him. "Uh..." he started, "nice to see you're awake there buddy. You gave us quite the scare." A small smile seemed to spread across Fizzle's face. His smile seemed to be contagious as Spike found that his lips started to curl into a smile as well. The smile soon faded as Fizzle's face adopted a more serious look. "I'm sure that we're all glad to see that you're alive. However, I'm going to need you to never do that again." This got a reaction out of Jet.

"Wait, wait, wait. This little dude just teleported us out of that place and can probably get us back to The Dragon Lands and you don't want him to do it?!" Jet asked angrily. Fizzle turned his head to meet Jet's angry gaze.

"Teleportation is a serious matter, Jet. I'm not going into all the details since we're pressed for time, but I will say that Spike got extremely lucky that he's suffering from magical fatigue and that only his left arm that was L.I.T." Fizzle responded. This gained him a confused look from his two teenage ex-test-mates. "Lost In Teleportation." He explained. Jet let out a loud 'oh'. Spike didn't hear the last few exchanges of dialogue as he started to realize something he hadn't noticed before.

The pain that coursed through his every vein in his body made it hard for him to not to notice which parts of his body hurt the most. However, the pain, tiredness, and the new information bombarding him made him neglect something that should have been obvious to him. He couldn't feel any pain in his left arm. Spike couldn't feel anything in his left arm other than a burning sensation at his shoulder. "But still, with some practice I'm sure..." Jet was interrupted by Fizzle.

"Jet, learning how to use magic takes time and time isn't something we have a lot of right now," Fizzle argued. All the while, Spike laid in the grass with the fact that he just lost his left arm slowly doned on him. The arguing of the two teen dragons began to fade away. They were just noises in the background as Spike stared at the sky. Large grey clouds began to hang overhead. The possibility of rain was not too far off. For a moment, Spike let his mind wander as to how it would feel to have the rain pour down on him, to have those tiny droplets of water cascade down his scales. The only thing he had to compare it to would be the showers at the faculty, but something told him that the rain would be better. Spike would have to wait to test out that theory.

He blinked, or he thought he blinked, and the world changed. No longer was he in the open plains with the facility in the far distance. Now he was in what he assumed to be a small forest. There were trees and bushes here, but they were spaced out more than any forest Spike could remember. The sun had also lowered itself passed the horizon and the moon took its place in the darkened sky. Spike tried to push himself up, but a force pushed him down onto someone's lap. "Stay," commanded the female voice from earlier. The young purple dragon found that more of his energy had returned and turned to face the young dragoness.

The two stared at each other for what seemed like forever. The silence between the two of them was only interrupted by the occasional sounding of crickets. "L-Little Fang..." Spike tried to speak, but Little Fang placed a hand over his mouth.

"Don't talk," she commanded. Her cobalt eyes were cold and tired. "Sleep and we'll talk in the morning." The young dragoness rested her head against a tree trunk and closed her eyes. The light snoring gave evidence that she drifted off to sleep the moment her eyelids closed. It didn't take long for Spike to follow suit. Today had been a long day and tomorrow and the days after that were sure to be longer. He closed his eyes for what was surely the twentieth time and let the world fade away.


EMERGENCY REQUEST

Test Subject D-1043 has somehow managed to teleport no more than eighty-two percent of the dragon test subject population at Director Twilight's facility. Director Twilight and Private Moondancer were injured during the escape and there has been one death reported. Restrainment collars of the escaped dragons have also been removed during the event. Requesting immediate help to locate and secure the dragons.

As the last words of the letter were spoken, Princess Celestia let out a groan of frustration. "Well," started Princess Luna, "This is an interesting turn of events."

Author's Note:

This chapter would have been up sooner, but life likes to have other plans.