• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 1,396 Views, 19 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Rainbow Rocks - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends face new rivals and the magic of friendship is being tested.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,396

Chapter 8: The Semifinals Disaster

Later in the competition, they have make their way to the semifinals. The first round of the semifinals has just finished, and The Dazzlings has cliam victorious against Flash Sentry and his hand. Flash and his friends are not happy about it because they aren't going to move on. The next round will be Trixie and the Illusions vs. The Rainbooms.

"This it it, last round, and you're in the finals," Falling Star says.

Falling Star then turns to Twilight and replies, "Unless the counterspell is ready to be played now."

Twilight is looking a bit down and looking a the notebook. From the looks of it, they can tell the spell is not ready yet.

Sun reassure her and says, "It's okay if you don't have it ready, we still got time,"

"She's right, finals aren't until tonight. We'll get a little more practice and we'll be ready. We won't let you down," Applejack says with a smile.

The others nod their head and saying yes in response.

Twilight turns away and quietly says, "You won't be letting me down."

Sun is starting to notice Twilight is feeling sad again. She is starting to worried more about her than the spell.

"Twilight, are you sure you're alright?" Sun asks in concern.

Twilight shows small smile and says, "I'm fine."

Just Fluttershy quietly says, "Um Rainbow, I was just wondering, we haven't played any of the songs that I wrote and…"

"It's the semifinals, we gotta do 'Awesome as I wanna be'" Rainbow interupts Flutterslu, like she doesn't hear hr at all.

Sun comes into the conversation and calmly explains, "Uh Rainbow, I know you like playing the songs you wrote, but when are you going to give Fluttershy's song a chance."

"Don't worry, we'll get to it. Plus I'm the leader and we need to sound awesome," Rainbow says, sounding confident.

Sun turned to Fluttershy and whispers, "I'm sorry Fluttershy."

"It's okay Sun," Fluttershy replies with a smile.

But quietly says feeling upset, "Don't know why I even ask…"

Later on, Trixie and the Illusion are playing their song to everyone in the gym. She and her friends have a good chance of winning. They are just finishing with the last verse with Trixie taking the lead.

Trixie

...I got tricks up my sleeve

See me dominate

'Cause I'm powerful and grea-ea-eat!

They finish the song, and Trixie causes the pick to fly out of her hand. Everyone are clapping ad cheering for the band, including Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna.

"Fantastic!" Principal Celestia complements with a smile.

When the lights in the gym comes back on, Trixie and the Illusions leave the stage with confident smugs on their faces. Trixie decides to have a little chat with the Rainboom, more like taunting them.

"You're never gonna top that performance, "Rain-goons". You shouldn't be allowed to when you have such a big advantage over the rest of us," Trixie says in a boastful matter.

Rainbow shows some confidence and says, "My superior guitar playing and off-the-charts awesome singing voice?"

Then Applejack mutters, "And I thought Trixie was too boastful for her own good."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous. I mean her!" Trixie says while rolling her eyes and pointing to Twilight.

Twilight feels a bit scared when Trixie mentions her like that. Sun comes close to her she she will feel better.

"If you were really all that, Rainbow Dash, you wouldn't have needed to bring in some magical ringer to have half a chance. Everyone's talking about it." Trixie remarks.

"Ha! Puh-leeze! I could win this thing as a solo act and everybody knows it!" Rainbow Dash brags, but her friends are not liking what she is saying.

Sun walks over to them and says, "What we're trying to say is that Twilight is our friend, and we're glad to have her as our band because she is a good person. She's more than welcome to be our friend, and in our band, no matter what you or everyone else in the school think."

"Yeah right," Trixie says acting like she doesn't care.

Just then Trixie throws a smoke bomb to the ground creating a blue smoke. It causes the Rainbooms to cough like crazy. Then the smoke clears.

Pinkie looks and shockley screams, "She's gone!"

Pinkie then looks on the stage and says, "Oh, wait. There she is."

They all look to see Trixie is not fully gone, but behind the stage where the drum set are at. Knowing she's been discovered, she runs away at top speed.

"Same old Trixie," Sun says, shrugging her shoulders.

Then on the speaker, Principal Celestia announces, "Next up, the Rainbooms."

Hearing this Rainbow Dash leads the others to the stage so they can perform.

"Knock 'em dead, Rainbooms!" Spike cheers.

"Good luck," Falling Star says.

As they are heading to the stage, Sun has this uncomfortable feeling. She turns around behind the stage and see nothing. She simply shrugs it off, and head on the stage. Unknown to Sun, her suspicions is correct. Two eyes showing from the darkness are staring at Sun. they think ti will be the time to do something with her while no one is noticing. Just then Pinkie bangs on the drums and the others play their instruments and start singing.

The Rainbooms:

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Rainbow runs on the stage pushing Fluttershy and Sun a bit, but she doesn't seem to notice.

Rainbow Dash:

Awesome as I wanna be

The Rainbooms:

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Fluttershy is glaring at Rainbow Dash and she is not liking how she is behaving.

Rainbow Dash:

Awesome as I wanna be

First you see me riding on a sonic boom

Got my guitar shreddin' up my latest tune

There is nothin' you can do to beat me

I'm so good that you can't defeat me

As she sings, she end up getting into Applejack and Rarity's faces, which they are not completely approved of.

Rainbow Dash and the Rainbooms:

Yeah, I'm awesome, take caution

Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be

(Yeah!) I'm awesome, take caution

Watch out for me, I'm awesome as I wanna be

As Rainbow Dash sings, Sun is starting to get worried on her playing, and might cause her to transform on stage. Before She can do anything, a hand had grab her arm and covers her mouth, so she can't speak, and drags her off the stage. Falling Star sees this, and decide to head at the back of the stage to see what is going on. When she reaches to the location, she is shocked to see what is going on. Sun ends up being captured by two mysterious figures. One of them has a cloth over Sun's mouth while the other one is trying to secure Sun with ropes.

Anger of seeing this, she runs toward this event, and spats, "Hey, get your hands off of my friend."

The two suspects are shocked to see they have been discovered, so they are trying to make a break for it with Sun hostaged. Sun is able to smash their foot with her and try to break for it. Falling Star is able to grab her, but the culprits grabs Sun by the ropes, and they're loose too, and she is still have the cloth slicking down her mouth. Falling Star and Sun try to fight them and hopefully get way, but the two kidnappers are putting up a fight.

Pulling all of her might, Falling Star angrily screams, "I said… let… her… go!"

Falling Star and Sun are able to pull hard enough for a piece of the rope to break and cause both of them to fall over. Sadly Falling Star and Sun fall on stage and ends up bumping to Rainbow Dash, who almost causes the pony ears to appear. The collision ends up knocking over Applejack, Twilight, and Rarity into the ground. When the lights to the gym come on, they can see the girls are on the ground. The magic appears on Rainbow has disappeared before anyone else can see. Rainbow Dash is looking at Falling Star kind of angry at her, but becomes shocked to see Sun tied up like this. Everyone in the audience gasp seeing the sight of Sun being tied up, even The Dazzling are stunned by this event.

Sun is able to get one of her hands free from the ropes to remove the cloth and says, "Alright, that was scary."

Falling Star helps Sun get up and asks, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thanks for the help there," Sun answers.

Rarity comes over and scaredly asks, "Darling, what in the world happened, and why are you tied up with ropes."

Before Sun can answer, Fluttershy comes over and says, "Um guys, I think we sort of have a problem here."

"What's that?" Rainbow Dash asks with annoyance.

Fluttershy points her fingers towards the front of the stage. The Rainbooms can see everyone are still in shocked and are not sure what to make of this. Seeing this, they need to figure out an excuse or something to keep the audience entertained so they can talk about this whole event. The girls are also able to untie the ropes Sun has on her.

Nervous, Falling Star grabs the microphone and announces, "Um, The Rainbooms are facing some difficulties, so um…"

Just then Adagio who has appeared on stage grabs the microphone from Falling Star and announces, "So The Dazzlings will put on an intermission performance while the situation are sorted out."

Falling Star and the others are surprised that The Dazzlings are on stage. Looks like three sirens are up to something.

"Adagio what are you doing?" Falling Star asks while whispering.

Adagio holds the microphone so they can't be heard and answers, "Trying to save your necks at this point. I know real trouble when I see it, and I don't think the whole Sun being tied up is a publicity stunt."

Falling Star in defeat and says, "Okay, but we're going to talk about this later."

"Deal," Adagio says.

Falling Star and The Rainboom leave the stage so they can talk about the situation. When they're off the stage, The Dazzling put on an encore performance, but are saving the their best effort for the finals. When The Rainbooms are at backstage, Twilight and the others what answers.

"Sun, are you alright?" Twilight scaredly asks.

"What happened to you two?" Applejack asks.

"Why was Sun tied up like that," Rarity scaredly asks.

"These two strange people grabed Sun while she was on stage and tried to kidnap her," Falling Star explains.

The girls gasp hearing this.

"Did ether of you get a good look at them?" Rainbow asks.

"It was dark back there so neither of us got a good look at them. If it wasn't for Falling Star, I would have been kidnapped just now, " Sun answers.

"And now those two are long gone now," Falling Star adds.

Rainbow rubs her head and says, "Well I didn't appreciate being knocked down at the middle of the show, but you did save Sun, Falling Star."

"Yeah, you're a hero," Spike adds with a smile.

"Thanks," Falling Star says while her cheeks are blushing.

"But what did those girls what with Sun?" Pinkie asks.

"I don't know, but I think they're the same people who been following me for some time now," Sun answers.

Everyone nod their heads agreeing to the idea.

But Rainbow Dash says, "But I still didn't like being knocked down like that."

"Rainbow it's kind of a good thing, you almost pony up on stage. If that didn't happen then you would have exposed your magic," Sun says.

"It still didn't help much," Rainbow says looking annoyed.

Applejack comes in looking angry and says, "Well, it also didn't helped when you were trying to show off on stage… as usual."

Falling Star comes between the two and says, "Stop you two, we have much bigger worried."

Just then a familiar voice and boastful voice says, "Good show, "Rain-brooms.'"

They look to see Trixie with a smug on her face.

Trixie comes over to Falling Star and Sun as she says, "I especially liked the part where Falling Star and Sun pull that being tied up stunt and knocked out Rainbow Dash's mid-guitar solo!"

Falling Star becomes furious and exclaims, "That's observed, you actually think Sun could faked a stunt when I saw two strangers tying her up and tried to take her away! Are you nuts?!"

"She's right, Sun could have been taken to who knows where, and you think this is a joke," Fluttershy firmly adds.

"I can't believe you would think that," Twilight adds.

Trixie tries to be calm and says, "Okay, okay, like don't get your hair in a twist."

"Sorry, but that was no joke. Someone was actually trying to commit a crime against Sun, and kidnapping is one of them," Falling Star replies.

"Right… it's starting to make me wonder if you girls should be in the finals. I know, I should say that, but after what your saying, Sun shouldn't have to deal with this. Of course with what happened you might not even make it anyway. It wouldn't be too much of a decision for the judges," Trixie says as she apply her make up.

Sun and Falling Star look on the stage to see the Dazzling are done singing. They then walk to the opposite side of the stage where Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna are. When The Dazzling reach the principals of the school, they start singing to them. They're gems start growing as they do so, and the principal and vice principal's eyes start to glow green and put in a daze. Sun and Falling star are wondering they are up to, but become distracted by the conversation of their friends.

Rarity worriedly says, "What can we do? There isn't gonna be another opportunity for us to play. And I had the most gorgeous outfit for the finals!"

"Yup, 'cause that's the real tragedy here, Rarity… that you won't get to play dress-up!" Applejack reamark with annoyance.

"You know perfectly well that is not what I meant!" Rarity angrily says glaring at Applejack.

Rainbow Dash pushes the two apart and says, "You guys wanna keep it down? They're about to announce who's moving on."

"Who are you kidding? You know it isn't gonna be us," Fluttershy worriedly says.

Looking back on the stage, Principal Celestia and Vice principal Luna are going to announce the winner of the semi finals.

"The band that will be joining the Dazzlings in tonight's finals…" Principal Celestia announces.

Trixie is confident that she and her band are going to win, but she hears Principal Celestia announces, "The Rainbooms!"

"What?!" Trixie shockley exclaims.

"Huh?" The others say, confused as Trixie is.

Then Pinkie surprisingly asks, "Did they just say, "the Rainbooms"?!"

This makes Trixie very furious and The Rainbooms.

She stomps pass The girls as she angrily declares, "This isn't over!"

When Trixie is gone. Sun, Twilight and the others, excluding Falling Star and Spike make their way on the stage. The Dazzlings join the stage too. Sun really like to ask them about what they have done to the judges.

Principal Celestia says with a smile and says, "Congratulations, girls. You deserve it."

"Seriously?! We didn't even finish our…" Pinkie is about to say something, but Rainbow hits her on the arm with her elbow, making she she doesn't say anything.

Adagio says with a grin on her face and says, "See you at tonight's big show, Rainbooms. We are really looking forward to it."

Rainbow has just about had it with those three and wants to say something, but Sun puts her arm in front of her, meaning she doesn't want her to do something she'll regret.

Sun comes up to them with her kind smile and says, "We're looking forward for it too. I hope we have a good time in the finals."

"That's very kind of you, but remember we won't go easy on you," Adagio says as she put her hand on Sun's shoulder.

Just then, Adagio has a strange sensation or magical feeling coming from Sun. Then her pendant shows a strange shine on it. Adagio has become confused and yet shocked. There is something extra special about Sun, and maybe the solution to their problem.

Adagio puts it off by showing her confident smile and says, "See you girls later."

When The Dazzlings walk down away, The Rainbooms, including Falling Star and Spike are making their leave out of the gym and are heading to the music room for the talk. Everyone are still in shocked to the event from earlier, and wonder if The Rainbooms being in the finals is such a good idea. However, they know Sun is a strong girl and won't let things like that stop her very easily. Trixie and the Illusions are glaring at The Rainbooms as they leave and think they should be at the finals.

Outside of the gym Adagio and her sisters are having a private conversation. Adagio is from Sun and know what that is. When she explains what it is, Arai and Sonata are in shock. All three of them can see Sun can help them with their problem. In fact, they can see that Sun is the one they have been searching for long time, the one who can help them with their situation. Adagio explain to them Sun needs to know about this, but with out her friends around. They decide to go find Sun, who is most likely to be with her friend.

As they walk around the school, Adagio is in deep in thought, and in a serious tone, she says in her thoughts, "I knew Sun is special, but I didn't realized she's this special. Sun is one, the one who can put the end to our consent feeding. The one who can end our curse once and for all."

Author's Note:

The real secret of the Dazzlings will be revealed very soon.