• Published 15th Dec 2017
  • 1,397 Views, 19 Comments

Sun's Equestria Girls Adventure: Rainbow Rocks - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends face new rivals and the magic of friendship is being tested.

  • ...
5
 19
 1,397

Chapter 5: The Sleepover

Twilight, Sun, and the others are outside at the Wondercolt Statue. They are stumped about what happened earlier. They wonder why they are unable to use the magic to stop the sirens. Of course, this is something they need to discuss, and come up with another plan.

"It doesn't make any sense. I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before," Twilight says looking confused, and doesn't have an answer.

"That is very strange though," Spike adds.

Falling Star starts to think about it and says, "Well, when you guys defeated me, you all mostly Sun drew magic from the crown I was wearing."

"That's right. The sirens' magic comes from their music, so maybe… just maybe," Sun thinks about this and believes to have a solution.

Falling Star understands what Sun is thinking and finishes her sentence, "We use the same magic to defeat them."

Twilight hears this with her eyes wide in surprise. She wonder if that can work. In fact, she thinks it might be it.

"You mean, fight fire with fire?" Rainbow asks.

"It's only a hunch but… " Sun replies.

But Twilight comes into the conversation and says, "No. I think you two are onto something."

"Really?" Falling Star and Sun says seem glad about their idea.

Then Twilight clarifies, "It's when you play music that you transform now, right?"

"Yup. Ears, tails the whole shebang," Applejack says.

"So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter spell," Twilight explains.

Fluttershy happily says in a quiet tone and move her band from her face, "You mean like a song?"

"Exactly, but having the song is not enough," Falling Star answers.

Then Twilight says, "Falling Star's right. In order to free everyone who has been exposed to the sirens' spell, we'll need them all to hear it."

The girls try to think of an idea on how to play the spell with everyone with one location.

Rarity gasps realizing an idea and says, "The Band Competition!"

"You're right, that's the next place we can be certain that everyone will be at the same place at the same time," Sun adds.

"Guess the Rainbooms are the band to beat," Applejack says with pride.

"And I believe, you, Twilight, and Falling Star just became the Rainbooms' newest members," Rarity says with a smile.

With a shock, Falling Star exclaims, "No way!"

Sun, the girls, and Spike look at Falling Star with a confused look on their faces.

Falling Star starts to blush a bit and says, "I… I can't be in the band competition,"

"Why not?" Pinkie asks.

"Sun," Falling Star says looking at Sun.

Just then Sun realizes what Falling Star is talking about. She becomes sad and says, "Oh right, Falling Star has terrible stage fright ever since those two colts embarrassed her on stage. They tripped her, caused her to rip her costume, and pour water on her, and everypony laughed at her, but not me. I thought it was so mean that I wanted to punch those colts. I tried to help her, but Falling Star was still resentful of me back then, so she didn't want me to help her."

With that the girls and Spike look at Falling Star and feel sorry for her. She has terrible stage fright because of that terrible experience.

"That's dreadful," Rarity says sounding upset.

"That 's rotten of them," Applejack says with anger.

Then Falling Star sadly says, "I know, and I never want to be on a stage again after that."

Sun hugs Falling Star and says, "Well, if you ever want to give it a try, you just let us know,"

"Okay," Sun says with a smile.

Then Pinkie comes at a close distance to Twilight and asks, "So what do you wanna play?"

Pinkie brings a small triangle with a stick, and suggests, "Triangle?"

"Sousaphone?" Pinkie suggests bringing the horn, and blows it at Twilight.

She then brings a table like instruments and suggests, "Theremin?"

She then plays it, and it makes a strange music. Everyone are kind of confused about it.

"So magical," Pinkie says, relaxed of hearing the music.

But Twilight says having a different idea in mind, "I might take a little too long to learn how to play something with these. I'll just sing."

"Like as in 'lead' singer? Cause that's usually my gig. This being my band and all," Rainbow says.

But Applejack firmly says, "It's our band. Sun is the lead singer on our group, and of course you can sing with her."

Twilight turns to Sun and asks. "You don't mind do you, Sun?"

"Of course not. Beside, Rainbow said that during the showcase, I can do some guitar skills,"

"You play guitar now?" Twilight questionably asks.

Sun nods her head and answers, "Yep. You can take my place as lead singer in the show and I'll join with Rainbow on back up guitarist."

"That's cool, Sun and I will totally shred using our guitars," Rainbow says sounding excited.

Twilight smiles and says, "It's only temporary. And we don't have to win the battle of the bands. We just have to perform during the first round of the competition."

"So let's get to learning that musical counterspell," Rainbow says, eager to go with their plan.

But Twilight says sounding disappointed, "Well, that's just it. I don't know any."

Everyone sigh and groan about Twilight's statement.

But Twilight says sounding unsure, "But I'm sure I could figure out how to write one,"

"Are you sure, Twilight? You haven't been in this world very long, so your writing is not, how you say, perfect," Sun says feeling a bit concern.

"Yeah right, Twilight can write a spell like it's nobody's business. That's pretty much how she got to become a princess in Equestria," Spike says giving Twilight some confidence.

"Technically, I helped finish a spell, and there was a little more to it than that, Spike," Twilight says, remember about the incident with the spell.

"It can't be that bad?" Pinkie asks.

"Trust me, you do not wanna know," Twilight answers.

"Okay," Pinkie says looking suspicious.

Twilight starts to walk away from the group, put Spike in her arms and says, "We better get going. Come on."

Applejack asks, "Where are you going?"

"Well, the last time we were here, Spike and I spent the night at Sun's house," Twilight answers.

Sun does remember that the last time Twilight and Spike are here, she lets them stay at her house. However, un kind of has another idea in mind.

Sun comes up to Twilight and says, "Maybe we should do this where all of us are in the same location."

Pinkie comes up to the the two girls and give them a big hug, "Sun's right! We're besties now! Slumber Party at my house!"

Later that day, the girls are at Pinkie's house for their sleepover. Of course, they need to get their things from their homes before heading to Pinkie's house. Pinkie also gives Twilight and Falling Star some of their pajamas to wear for the time they are here. Right now they are having a fun tile at the sleepover. Sun and Twilight are working on the spell or a song. Fluttershy is playing with Spike, Sun's little wild cat, Nina, and her bunny, Angel. Rarity and Pinkie are doing stuff on her computer. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are teaching Falling Star how to play video games.

"Status update! Okey Dokey Loki!" Pinkie says with a smile on her face, and typing her computer.

Rarity then asks Sun and Fluttershy to come over for a minute. She then takes a selfie of herself with Sun and Fluttershy smiling at the camera. When she looks at the pictures, Rarity is a bit annoyed to see Spike holding a treat making a funny face in the photo. Nina and Bunny are sitting on their owner's shoulders. The girls simply chuckles about it while Spike is holding a dog treat in his mouth. Rainbow, Applejack, and Falling Star are playing the game, but Falling Star is struggling on it. Close to losing to Applejack, Rainbow smack the council causing the game to be disconnected.

"Hey, I was about to bet you," Applejack said looking annoyed.

"I doubt it," Rainow says acting confident.

Falling Star puts the remote down with a sigh and says, "I stink at this."

"Well, you have to remember, you haven't been in this world for very long, and not use your hand to well either," Applejack says with a calm smile.

Falling Star smiles and says, "Thanks."

"Of course, the only way to get better is to keep playing," Rainbow adds with a smile.

She then turns to Twilight and asks, "So Twilight, how is the counterspell you and Sun are working?"

"Well, it's going well, but still need some to add more to the spell," Twilight answers looking a bit unsure.

She then turns to Fluttershy and says, "Thanks for letting us use your notebook, Fluttershy. I really like the song you wrote for The Rainbooms."

"Thanks," Fluttershy replies with a smile.

But sighs sadly and says, "Hopefully one day we'll get a chance to play it."

She looks at Rainbow Dash who is messing with Applejack and not letting her have the remote control. Falling Star tries her hardest to not laugh, but end up chucking behind her mouth. Sun starts to notice that Fluttershy is not looking very happy, she suspect it has to do with Rainbow Dash not letting the band play her song. She thinks at some point she should talk to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy about this conflict they're having.

Rarity sits next to them and says, "Twilight, I think I speak for all of us that I don't know what will we do if you and Falling Star haven't come back to help us."

The girls reply agreeing to the statement. Just then, they hear the doorbell ringing from down stair.

Pinkie sings as she announces, "Pizza's here!"

Hearing that, everyone in the room, including Spike, the pets, and Falling Star rush over to get some pizza, all except Twilight. Twilight looks into the notebook she and Sun has written. She can see that Sun help is improving on her writing, but she feel a bit discouraged about the counterspell to use on the sirens. She simply sighs feeling sad and not know what to do about it.

Pinkie peak through the doorway with a pizza in her mouth and asks, "Don't you want any pizza."

Twilight simply nods her head in reply. She puts the notebook in one of the draws and leave to have some pizza. Later in the night, after everyone is asleep for the night, Twilight wakes up and decide to continue writing the counter spell. Sh she sneaks to go get the notebook from the draw, she is is curious to find that Sun and Falling Star are not in the room at all. She suspect they might have gone to get a drink of water, or use the restroom, or something. After grabbing the notebook from the draw, Twilight leaves to the kitchen to continue using the spell. Even though Sun has teach her to write with her hands, she is using her mouth to write.

In frustration, Twilight spits the pen out of her mouth and says, "No. that's not gonna work."

She then hear a familiar voice saying, "Hey Twilight, you're up late."

Twilight turn to see Falling Star. She then walks to the kitchen to see how she is going, and to get herself something to drink.

"Just working on the counterspell. We only got one shot at this," Twilight answers.

"Dont'worry so much, as The Princess of Friendship, I'm sure you'll do great with this," Falling Star says while opening the fridge.

Twilight sighs a bit and says, "That's what everyone keeps telling me."

Looking inside the fridge, Falling Star says looking confused, "Who can possible eat that much whipped cream?"

Twilight giggles and says, "Only Pinkie can have so much whipped cream for many reasons she can think of?"

"Right," Falling Star replies.

She then sighs sadly and says, "Hey Twilight, do you think I can ever make up all the horrible thing I've done to Sun."

"Sun has already forgiven you from what you did, and my friends and I forgive you too," Twilight says.

"But not everypony is as forgiving as you guys are. Some of them assume I haven't change at all, and what I'm doing is just an act," Falling Star sadly explains.

"Well, if they are not going to forgive you or assume the worst in you that stop them from being friends with you, then that's their problem," Twilight advise.

"I guess, but I really want to prove myself to them. Sadly because I was so rotten to everypony, they all think I was just waiting for an opportunity to do something bad, even my own sister. I'm also afraid that everyone in the school might still be mad at me for destroying part of their school, and turning everyone into my army to take over Equestria," Falling Star sadly adds.

"Don't worry, as long as you have friends who did forgive you and willing to be your friends, then you have nothing to worry about," Twilight replies.

Falling Star smiles back and says," Thanks you, Twilight."

Falling Star is about to leave to head back to sleep, but before she can, she start to hear something. Twilight is starting to hear it too. Since the place is very quiet, the music has not come unnoticed.

"What's that?" Falling Star asks.

"It sounds like music. Almost like someone is singing," Twilight suspects.

Falling Star nods her head agreeing to the suspicion. With that, Twilight and Falling Star follow the singing that leads them to the backyard. When the come outside to the yard, they can see Sun singing to herself while sitting on the seat swing. They have to admire Sun's singing, but they wonder why Sun is outside, and what kind of song she is singing.

After Sun has finished singing, Twilight calmly says, "Sun."

Sun hears Twilight and turn to see her and Falling Star standing in front of them.

Falling Star asks, "What are you doing out here?"

"Nothing, just singing to myself. It's one of the songs that my older brother sang to me when I was little," Sun says while looking at her necklace.

"Your brother? You mean Scarlet Clef?" Falling Star asks, suspecting who Sun is referring to.

"Yes," Sun answers.

She sighs sadly and says, "Scarlet actually sang to me along with my mother every night before I go to sleep for the night. Sometimes I like to go outside and sing to myself before I go to bed."

Twilight can see the look within Sun's eyes. Even though Sun is always good hearted, and cares about everyone, she can see the sadness and loneliness in her eyes, and she believes she knows why.

"You miss him, don't you?" Twilight asks with concern.

"Yes. I really miss him. In fact, I miss my family back in Equestria, and sometimes I feel a bit out of place since I remember who I really am. I can't help it, I miss my family even though I created a life here," Sun explains, feels like shedding tears.

Twilight and Falling Star hug Sun knowing that she is feeling sadness in her heart.

TWilight looks at Sun and says, "I understand how you feel about missing someone. When I had to leave to Ponyville, I sometimes miss my family, especially my brother, but my friends were able to help me with it. We spend wonderful times together, and I sometimes write to my family. I'm sure there is something we can do for you."

"But how are we going to do that Twilight?" Sun asks.

"She's right, Twilight, ponies in Canterlot believes that Sun died in the fire. How are we going to help Sun?" Falling Star replies.

Then Twilight says, "Well, someday Sun will need to come back to Equestria to show everypony in Canterlot she is still alive. Then we can work something out from there."

"Sun, do you think we can hear the song you were singing earlier," Falling Star asks.

Sun simply smiles and decide to sing for them. Sun starts to remember the beautiful melody from a music box her brother has with the song in it. She then starts to sing to Twilight and Falling Star as she start to shed a little bit of tears.

Sun:

The wind crosses, the desert of month

The far done which you travel

We would like to keep exceeding

Once upon a time with two ponies

Wind of gold blowing,

The whistle of gold, sings love

After she finishes singing, Sun wipe the tears from her eyes, and can see Twilight and Falling Star with sad looks and are about to shed tears too. They feel Sun's sadness in her song and singing voice.

Twilight smiles and says, "That song is beautiful."

"Yes. This song is one of my favorites," Sun replies with a smile.

Then someone says, "I think so too."

The girls shriek being scared by someone. They look to see one of Pinkie's older sisters, Maud Pie. She is also holding her pet rock Boulder.

With her usual straight look on her face, she holds her pet rock and says, "Boulder was hungry, but we heard you singing, so he wanted to listen to he. He said your song and singing voice is very beautiful, and so do I."

"Um, thanks Maud… and Boulder," Sun replies looking a bit confused.

Maud then goes back into the house to get Bolder a snack and then head off to bed. When Maud's gone, Twilight, Sun, and Falling star looks a bit unsure and confused after seeing her.

Sun turns to the girls and whispers, "I still can't get over the fact that she's related to Pinkie Pie, and I know her and her other sisters for like three years now."

"You and me both," Twilight says with a smile.

Falling Star lets out a yawn and says, "Well I think we should head back to bed."

"Right, the Battle of the Bands is tomorrow so we better get back to sleep," Sun adds.

"Good luck with the counterspell, I'm sure you can figure it out," Falling Star says with a smile.

"Right," Twilight said looking a bit nervous.

With that, Sun and Falling Star head off to bed for the night. Twilight comes back into the house with them, but decide to stay in the kitchen to work on the counterspell. She still unsure that she is able to do this, but know that everyone is counting on her, so she decides to continue working on the spell while everyone catches some sleep. She just hope she can do this, especially as the new princess of Equestria.

Author's Note:

The Song is from Hamtaro and the Captured Princess. Don't know the same of the songs though.