• Published 26th Nov 2017
  • 1,937 Views, 25 Comments

Strange World - BioQuillFiction



In a world where Magic and Man have tried to co-exist, the invention of television brought unexpected peace between the two races, and now, Wes gets to meet the actress of MLP's Spike. She is very different off camera...Very Different.

  • ...
8
 25
 1,937

Chapter 1: Contest Winner.

My world is...strange, to say the least. Well, to you, it might be. Here’s a crash course in our history, Humans and magical creatures have shared this world for, well, forever. We’ve had struggles, an occasional war, but mostly we got along, especially these days. With their unique abilities the magical creatures make up some of the better tv shows and movies. Hasbro is one of the biggest cartoon studios, and they hire the most magical creatures, including the cast of My Little Pony.

I always found it funny Spike was played by a dragoness named Barbara. I don’t know a lot about dragons, but what I do know is that she must have some serious vocal control to sound like that when playing Spike.

Spike was always my favorite character, even if he was always the one walked over by the others. Wonder how Barbara differs from the character?

Well, whatever the case, I was excited. Man, out of fifty thousand entries, I won the competition.


I was at home, on my computer, looking at some commissioned images of what I thought Barbara would look like as a tall, sexy dragoness. Don’t judge, on the show she’s a kid, these are adults...shut up! They were all lovely, some I asked to be...lewd, but anime level lewd, no nipples showing, scouts honor! One is my favorite though, a full body shot of her in a large, poofy dress.

...Sue me, I like what I like!

I entered a contest from Hasbro a month ago, winner gets to spend a week with an MLP cast member of their choice. I checked my Email, seeing a reply from the contest address. Raising an eyebrow I clicked it, and saw this…

Congratulations!!


You have just won the Hasbro Week Week With A Cast Member Contest for My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic!

The link listed below are your pre-paid plane tickets, Hasbro studio VIP pass, and further instructions.

…”YES!!!”


Now, a month later, I submitted who I wanted to spend the week with, Barbara, and I am on the plain to, where else, Hollywood, where Hasbro’s filming studios is. When magical creatures were brought into media, Hollywood grew to three times as large, taking up a large chunk of mid southern California.

The plane landed and I got off. Once off the instructions told me one of the staff from MLP would be waiting for me. Once off the plain I looked around and saw them. A large red pony standing with a sign with my name on it. I walked over. “Big Mac?” I asked, keeping my excitement hidden.

“Hehe, only on set. Real name is Carson. So you’re the winner the studio sent me to pick up?”

“Yeah.” I answered.

“Come on, car’s this way.” Big- Carson, lead the way and I followed. His car was different than what I expected. It was a silver mini van. “Heh, sorry. I bet you were expecting a big fancy truck or something huh?”

“Sorta.” I replied. “Or something fancy… Also how do you drive?”

“Same way those Equestria Girls movies were made.” He said, pulling out a bracelet from his bags and putting it around his hoof. There was a flash and Carson changed from his pony form to the way he looked in the Equestria Girls movies. Same clothes too. “Enchanted bracelets.”

“But...not everyone in those movies had bracelets?”

“Back legs, appeared around our feet.”

“Oh. That makes sense.” I said, getting into the passenger side. Carson got into the driver’s side. He started up the car and began to drive. “So...a minivan...you a dad?”

“Yeah.” He replied. “Got a four year old and a month old at home.”

“Ah. Does the wife work on set?”

“Different set. Plays as Nala in that Lion Guard show.”

“Oh...Is she a lion or…?”

“Yeah, she’s a lion.”

“So kids are…”

“Hybrids. Common among Magical creatures.”

“Oh. So, that cutie mark stuff is all made up?”

“Yeah. We all have to wear cuts of green sheets on our flanks so they can edit in the cutie marks.”

“Heh. So how did you get the job?”

“Was just auditioning for parts. Originally was auditioning for the role of Shining Armor. Accent made them decide to put me where I am. Don’t mind now, back then they didn’t specify what they were looking for.”

“Oh. So is the pay good?”

Carson chucked at that. “At first it paid alright, but with my character appearing more often and having some more screen time I’ve been paid much more.”

“Cool...So...what’s Barbara like?”

“Heh, before I answer than I want you to answer something else. Do you know what kind of dragon she is?”

“Um...No, not really.”

“She’s an Air dragon.”

“Never heard of a dragon like that.”

“And for good reason, they’re a… rare breed. Dying out.”

“What? Why?”

“Pollution. They are made of the same stuff other dragons are, only with air replacing the water in normal living things bodies. Pollution in the air poisons the body when they use their magic and abilities. They’ve always been a rare breed, but now there’s only about a few hundred in the world now.”

“Oh...:” I said, looking at the scenery to take my mind off of that sad fact. Wars between the magical creatures and humans were almost always about progress. Whether it was expanding borders or resources. Only reason we co-exist now is because their magic was both a resource and a threat, and we made nukes. Not even the toughest magical creature can survive one of them going off.

“Yeah, she don’t let it get her down though, she has quite the active life.” Carson said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“What’s she do?”

“Charities, public gardening events, commercials. I’m sure you’ve seen those.”

“Some, most I saw were for snacks and about Hollywood.”

“Yeah, some she does voice over/narrations for pet shelters. All in all she does most of them looking like she does on set.”

On set? I thought. “Does she look different?”

Carson then looked at me, and gave a sly smile. “Oh you are in for a treat.” Carson said, speeding and catching me by surprise as he did. Okay...now I’m worried.


After an hour long drive we made it to the set, Carson said there was someone inside to take me to see Barbara then left since his kids would be out of school soon. I walked in and barely dodged a cream pie being thrown at me. “Dang it! Missed!” I looked and saw my attacker. Mrs. Cake? “So, you’re the lucky winner of the studio’s contest?”

“Uh, yeah...um…” I ask, trying not to be rude and not getting my point across very well.

“Oh, name’s Deva. And to answer any questions, no I am not married to my on set husband in real life, I am single actually, kids that are “ours” are actually my sisters foals. And despite being in my late thirties to early forties on the show I am actually only twenty eight in real life. Makeup and a chubby suit. That episode with Pear Butter was actually me without all the makeup and fat suit. Well, you know, I was playing me in that episode, not Pear Butter.”

“I get it.” I reply, getting the jist of what Deva was saying. “So, where’s Barbara?”

“In her dressing room. She’s rather excited to meet you too. She thought the winner would choose one of the ‘main six’ not her.”

“Heh, guess I made her day huh?”

“More like made her week, this week.” Deva joked. “So, let’s go.” She said, leading the way as I followed. The walk was...interesting, to say the least. Magical creatures lived in my home town, but there were only...fifteen max that I knew, they’re everywhere here. Many I knew from the shows they stared in, others I didn’t recognize. We soon reached what looked kinda like a hotel within the studio walls. Deva pushed the button for the third floor in the elevator and it went up.

When the doors opened I walked out, and noticed Deva didn’t follow. “Um, you aren’t coming?”

“Nah, I’m late for a meeting with the script writers, tell Barbara I said hi, just look for the door with her name on it, Kay?”

“Um. Sure.” I reply as the elevator doors closed. It was a long, roomy hallway full of nothing but doors, paintings, and wall hugging tables with either a fancy vase of fake plant on it. Ten doors in on the left I finally found the door with Barbara’s name on it.

I knocked. “Come in.” I heard Barbar’s normal voice from commercials and radio talk shows speak. I opened the door, finding lots of rather large, fluffy dressed placed around. A flat screen was playing Game of Thrones, and there was a really big makeup table with a large mirror with light bulbs all around it. Fancy for such a little dragon. “Hello there.” I froze, turning around...and turned to stone. Barbara was...DRASTICALLY different from how she is on the show. She’s an easy seven feet tall, a...well built body that would put any human woman to shame, a face that was sharp, yet curved and formed to perfect beauty and...those...rather large…(gulp) boobies. If that dress wasn’t holding them in… “Um, are you alright?” She asked...everything going black.


“Uggh.” I moan. What...happened?

“Good, you woke up.” Barbara’s voice said, making me wake up to full alertness. She was...Spike sized now. “Sorry, I don’t usually show my real body to others… Hopefully this makes you feel more comfortable?”

I inhaled deeply. “A little.” I say with a squeak. “How...do you do that?”

Barbara took a seat on the couch I just realized I was laying on. She must have put me here after I...did I really faint… “Do you know what an Air Dragon is?” She asked.

“S...sorta. I know Carson told me you were one.”

“Yes, and as an Air dragon, we control air. We are a...cousin to Wind Dragons, while they can make the winds move at will, we can only control the air around us and alter our bodies.”

“Alter your bodies?”

“Yes. While my scales can withstand heat, sharp knives and blunt hits like any other dragons, our bodies are made up of mostly air, held in by our flexible, expandable bodies. Because of this, we can take in air and reshape our bodies to any form, or expel it and take smaller forms. When I am in this form.” She said, waving a claw over herself. “This is me with as little air as possible. The body you saw me in that...made you faint, is me with a normal amount of air. Normally we have to control how the air inside us shapes our bodies, but there is a…”Sweet Spot” where it’s not too much, not too little, and we don’t have to think about how our bodies are shaped. It’s natural.”

“Oh...okay, I think I get that.” I replied, sitting back up. “I just didn’t expect you to look so…”

“Attractive?”

“Yeah...that’s not a bad thing! I mean…”

“Relax.” She said, patting my knee. “It’s actually why when I’m in public I am typically in this body. The fans know it, and I’m not always being hit on by any male with a boner.”

I gulped. “Heh, I guess. So...how old are you?”

“Twenty four. My birthday is next month so I’m looking forward to that. How old are you?”

“Sixteen. My birthday is months away.”

“Sorry again for, you know, fainting.”

“Heh, it’s alright. It was actually kind of refreshing. Most males who see my real body usually just hit on me, or want a quick one nighter.”

“R-really?”

“Yes. They think since I have a busty body I’m slutty.”

“Some guys are jerks I guess. I come from a small town so most jerks are like that because their parents were the town jerks before them and so on.”

“Heh, sounds peaceful.”

“It is, it’s one of those small towns, apple pie, simple life places where just about everyone knows everyone.”

“Any magical creatures live there?”

“Yeah, a few. Nothing like here though.”

“I grew up around magical creatures. When I saw my first human in real life, I kinda didn’t know how to react. They weren’t offended or anything, they just laughed it off.”

“Heh, one of my friends if a magical creature. He’s a gnome. It works out since my high school's mascot is the Greenville Gnomes. He gets free tickets and such to just about every game, and I get to tag along.”

“Heh. Well, I cleared my whole week, and the next shooting for Season fifteen isn’t starting til late october. I have a few places we can kill some time, and my guest room is all set up. Is there anything you’d like to do first though?”

“Huh…” I thought, reading and hearing a lot about Hollywood but not knowing much about it. “I guess...The Hollywood sign is a good place to start.”

“Great. I’ll be right back.” Barbara said, getting up and sprinting to what looked like a closet. I heard something like a really long intake of breath and saw her walk back out. She was as tall as she was before, before I fainted, bit she was...thinner. She was flat chested now and not as muscular looking, her scales on her head hung to the side like hair and she was wearing jogging clothes. “This is my out in public body.” She explained...her voice different now, a bit higher pitched. “Different voice too. A mix of how Spike talks and how my normal voice is.”

“What about your scales? Doesn’t the color draw suspicion?”

“I never show my real body, plus when I’m Spike I’m tiny, they think I’m a child on set. I did have one lady ask if I was my own mother.”

I laughed. “That must have been awkward.”

“It was. But I laughed and said most air dragons have purple scales. It’s not entirely a lie, but only those related to each other have the same color spikes going from our heads to our tails. But that’s a secret between us.” She said with a wink.

“Okay.” I said, winking back. “Oh, I almost forgot. My name is Wes by the way.”

“I know.” Barbara said, taking my hand and pulling me up. I blushed. “I read it on the paperwork you filled out before you came here. Come on, let’s go. If you’re hungry there’s a nice restaurant I know. It’s a drive away, but totally worth it.”

“Okay. Let's go, after airplane food I’ll eat anything else.”


Barbara’s car was exactly what I expected from Hollywood. Convertible, Bright red...and a Ferrari. “How much did this cost you?” I ask.

“Half a mil.” Barbara replied.

“Seriously?”

“It was the latest model. Built in GPS, Wi-Fi, mini fridge in the back, and seven cup holders. Three up front, four in the back.”

“Cool.” I replied, taking in the scenery. “So, what’s the plan?”

“First, we go see the Hollywood sign, then after that we go the the restaurant I mentioned.”

“Okay. So, how long have you been here?”

“You mean living in Hollywood?”

“Yeah.”

“Since the show started. Well, a month beforehand. I used to live in Idaho.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes. Everytime I tell someone that they can’t believe I came from the potato state. I was born and raised in Boise, the state capitol. It was a small city, like small town meets big city. I had an average childhood. Was a cheerleader in highschool, was also on the tennis team. When I graduated I did two years of college. Majored in Mathematics, minored in acting. Mostly so I wouldn’t have too much free time.”

“Mathematics?”

“Yeah...I wanted to be a teacher.”

“How did you become an actress then?”

“Parent got sick. Dad got lung cancer, mom was taking care of him and my baby brother. We really needed money and my acting teacher from college heard about my situation and said a studio called him looking for young new talent. Magical creatures mainly. He told me that they were looking for a small creature. Lizard or dragon preferred so we did a video showing off my ability to change size. I also used my abilities to alter my voice and a week after mailing it in I got a letter saying I had the part and a plane ticket with a pre-paid hotel.”

“They liked you that much?”

“Yeup. After filming the first episode and getting my paycheck for the acting I used the money to help pay for my dad’s surgery. All the money after the episode aired, my small percentage from toy sales of Spike it all just came in so fast. I moved my family out of Idaho and here in Hollywood. My little brother and parents live with me also, so get ready for that.”

“Heh, what are they like?”

“Dad’s old fashioned, he didn't’ like the idea of me acting at first bit after seeing that I wasn’t acting by flaunting my body and abilities he accepted it. Mom loved the idea, she opened up her dream store, a coffee shop, where my dad also works in as my dad is the kind of drake that has no ambitions and only cares about getting by and working whatever job he can. Baby bro is in fifth grade now and has lots of friends. I think he wants to act like me one day.”

“Heh, can’t blame him.”

“Mom says the same thing.”

“So, what kind of house do you live in?”

“Small on the outside, bigger on the inside.”

“Is that a Doctor Who reference?”

“Yeah, his Tardis is magic made. Was the first of it’s kind to be like that. People from both sides who have that kind of cash to have a home like that spend a lot on it. Heck, I’m still paying it off.”

“For how much longer?”

“Til my grandkids have grand kids.”

“Yikes.”

“Yeah, only reason the Doctor Who people have theirs payed off is because it was the first.”

“How many people have houses like that?”

“Not sure. I know it’s not many.”

The rest of the ride was small talk until finally we made it to the Hollywood sign. Part of it anyway. The actual sign was fenced off, but there was areas set up for viewing it. “It’s...big.” I say, taking pictures with my phone.

“Yeah...So Wes, you wouldn’t happen to go by WesFox online would you?”

I froze. “H-how did…”

“I might have had a small background check done. There are some freaks out there, so can’t be too careful.”

“Heh...fair enough...so...you know about those commissiones pictures?”

“Yes, and I must ask, did you discribe how I should look to the artist or did they just draw me that way?”

“I, uh...Described in detail.”

“Wow, well I must say, you got really close to how I am in real life. Even got my favorite dress down nicely.”

“Heh...why do you have a dress that fluffy in real life anyway?”

“I like to pretend I’m a princess, every girl does at one point.”

“Heh, true enough. Well, I guess with your fame and clearly high pay check, you kinda are a princess…. Did you have anything to do with that Princess Spike episode?”

Barbara merely giggeled. “That’s between me, and my friend on the script writing staff.”


The Hollywood sign was fun, there was a lot of pictures taken and Barbara insisted we both be in each. I didn’t mind...but found it kind of odd.

We drove to the restaurant, it was a fancy looking chinese place. Once inside it turned out to be a buffet. Barbara paid for the meal at the front desk and we went to a table. Once our drinks arrived, a Sprite for me and a Pepsi for her, then we got up and filled some plates. “So, how long have you been coming here?” I asked, taking a bite of some chinese noodles.

“Pretty much since I first moved here. This place has cheap meals, good food, and allowed food for take out for five bucks. I ate here just about every day those first few months on set.” Barbara replied, taking a bite of some mac and cheese.

“How was everyone back then?”

“On set?” I nodded. “They haven’t changed much, the main characters were all friends before the show, though, the rolls they auditioned for are different than what they got.”

“Really?”

“Yes, Twilight’s actress went for the role of Applejack, Applejack’s actress went for the role of Pinkie. Pinkie’s went for the role of Rarity, Rarity’s went for the role of Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash's went for Rarity’s role, and Fluttershy’s went for Twilight’s role.”

“So none of them wanted the Fluttershy role?”

“Well it was the role of a shy, soft spoken mare who was scared of everything. Took them long enough for her to get her character to be more like her actress.”

“Heh, true. What about the Princesses...are they sisters in real life?”

“Heh, well they are family, “Luna” or her real name, Nancy, is really “Celestia” aka, Heather’s daughter.”

I dropped my fork. “Seriously?”

“Yup, Heather is in her forties and looking good, her daughter is twenty three and enjoying her role. Though, playing sisters with your mother is hard. There were several times “Luna” called “Celestia” Mom instead of sister.”

“How come none of this in on the internet?”

“The studio keeps this stuff on the hush hush, I mean, what kind of multi million dollar toy and tv company lets secrets out so easy, it’s like hacking them by using a glitch in their own website. It just doesn’t happen.”

“Heh, true enough. So, when you’re not acting, what are you doing?”

“Mostly I’m at home relaxing, playing some video games or watching some of my personal favorite shows.”

“Like what?”

“Well I’m still pretty much a giant kid, so it’s mostly cartoons. The Loud House is good, the original Teen TItans...I still can’t believe that crappy Teen Titans Go is still going on…”

“I know. The blinding colors.”

“The horrid story.”

“The stupid...everything.”

“And the theme song.”

“Gage me.” We both said, noticing that and laughing.

“Hey...can I ask you something?” I asked.

“Sure.”

“How come...at the Hollywood sign, you just…”

“Seemed overly excited?”

“Yeah…”

“...Well, after the, uh, background check, I saw we have a lot in common. Music, tv, movies, and...I don’t actually have any friends…”

“What about the people on set?”

“While we know about each other, we all have our own lives. We don’t really hang out much, only on set and when we all have to go to conventions and such.”

“So...you want to be friends...with me.” Barbara nodded, looking sheepish...and adorably cute. “Well...that’s...something I’m willing to do.”

Barbara’s face lit up. “Really?”

“Yup.” I said, raising my soda. She did the same and we “clanked glasses” “To friendship.”

“It’s magic.” Barbara said, the two of us laughing and enjoying the rest of the meal.