• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 1,182 Views, 12 Comments

Revenant Soul: Genesis and The Weather Elements - cyber_pony13



The mane six meet a new colt who has ties to the anomilies in Equestria. Is he to be trusted?

  • ...
3
 12
 1,182

Chapter 13: Fading Light

The clash continued. Three combatants fought with intense ferocity against their single opponent, fueled by their own ambitions. Rainbow Dash is driven by distrust and rage towards the manifestation that was once Revenant knowing all along that something lurked within him. Applejack fighting for the sake of Pinkie Pie and every blow is filled with hate and betrayal for she thought of him as a trustworthy friend. Fefnir was simply trying to get his friend back. He knew now that his former friends will probably change their views of him whether he succeeds or not, but he knows that he has to save Revenant. Whether he succeeds or not, this was the only way. The manifestation fed off the emotions that drove the other to fight him. The morals that used to drive him were now devoured by darkness and distorted into lust for battle. As he fought on, his hidden joy grew more and yet, there was a fraction of light that still fought on against the darkness. As emotions flared within the fight, bystanders watching with sorrow and pain in their hearts….the clash continued.

“Not bad. I’m glad to have met some friends that can also fight well too…Bravo!” The manifestation taunted.

“Shut Up! After what you’ve done…you have no right to call us friends!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Hehehe…yes that rage…that anger…I love it. More…give me more…” It said as he lashed out at her.

He went for a couple of slashes with his magic charged horn and then a series of stabs with it. If it wasn’t for Rainbow Dash’s speed, she would’ve been hit several times but was able to dodge all of his attacks. As she went in for an opening, he ducked under and bucked her in her underbelly.

“Rainbow are you alright?” Applejack asked.

“Yeah I’m fine…just a little winded…”Rainbow Dash answered as she recovered from the blow.

“Revenant….how could you? After all that we’ve been through…why…no, ‘how’ could you betray us like this?” Applejack hurtfully asked.

“What betrayal? This is who I really am so what makes you think I betrayed you?”

“Just look at yourself! You lashed out at us, you beat up Pinkie Pie, and you hid this…this thing from us when we cared for you the most! You decided to be two faced and not even tell us that this was you…that’s how you betrayed us!” Applejack lashed at him.

Applejack charged at him head on. She collided with him and tried to wrestle him down to the ground. Despite her injuries, she was still fighting strong. He was having a hard time with her. He knew that all the years of farm work and being a rodeo pony had made her strong, but he knew how to take on an overwhelming force. As she caught a moment to throw him, he landed and rolled with the momentum to slam Applejack on her injured shoulder.

“Gaah…why you….”

He then pressed his hoof on her shoulder.

“Impressive, to think with this kind of injury you wouldn’t be able to do that. Guess all them years really made you strong huh?”

“Yeah and some.” Applejack said as she bucked him off her.

The manifestation backed off and grunted from the pain. Applejack quickly got up and continued to attack. She would throw a couple of shots and guard herself, but he had to be careful fighting her. She didn’t attack much but every single blow she had thrown had power behind it and any one of them could be decisive if he got caught at the wrong moment.

“Hold on AJ, I’m coming.” Rainbow Dash said as she joined in.

Both the mares worked well together despite their friendly rivalries. Rainbow Dash would use her speed to keep him at bay while Applejack would follow-up with a couple attacks trying to knock him out. A couple times he’d be thrown off when Applejack would lead an attack to only have Rainbow Dash follow up with a flurry of blows. He was able to hold his ground and knew that he had the fight, but still if it continued at this rate, the two mares would get a chance to defeat the battle-hardened stallion. Meanwhile, Fefnir would charge in only when he knew he would get a hit. The manifestation was caught off guard most of the time with him and as he tried to defend himself against Fefnir, he would back off and bide his time waiting for the next opportunity. The manifestation decided that playtime was over. As he ceased his actions, the others saw their moment to end it. As they went in, he let his magic built around him and let out a powerful pulse of soul magic that sent the combatants back five feet.

“Damn soul burst…” Fefnir cursed under his breath.

“Well now this was unexpected. If this kept up, I think there was a chance that I may lose. Thanks for the warm-up, but now I think it’s time to stop horsing around.” The manifestation said cracking his neck.

“Wait…he was just warming up…” Rainbow Dash said.

“There’s no way….we were giving him all we got. He’s just bluffing’.” Applejack tried to fool herself.

“Ahahahahaha….what you actually thought I was being serious? Please if that was the extent of my power then that would be sad, though you two have great potential…tell you what, I’m in a very good mood now so why don’t we stop this and I give you time for all of you to get more skilled so we can really go all out, I think that sounds fair.”The manifestation offered.

“What…no way! We plan on ending this here and now!” Rainbow Dash replied. Revenant gave a heavy sigh as a response.

“Very well…it’s a shame really. I finally meet some worthy opponents and they deny the chance to become stronger. Oh well I’m pretty sure there are others like you at there, but for now…playtime is over.”

His magic began to flow furiously around him and was pulsing with immense power. The atmosphere around him was growing dark and his eyes got darker. His magic began to gather around his horn and build up. Rainbow Dash and Applejack tried to move in on him but couldn’t they were getting pushed back from all the pressure.

“Oh no…Girls get out of way…MOVE!! Fefnir shouted to everypony.

The manifestation then finished his build up and aimed his horn at the mane six. The girls saw, picked up Pinkie and moved out of the way as Revenanthethe air and collided in the wall with an explosion of magic. The girls looked back they dodged it in the nick of time and saw the power behind that attack.

“Bwahahaha…yes! I’m so glad that didn’t hit you all. It is a shame to end it in just one attack much like Pinkie Pie over there!” The manifestation laughed.

The girls looked at Pinkie Pie and then at Applejack with worry.

“Is that true…did he really do that kind of thing to her?” Rarity asked.

“Yeah he did…we gave him a run for his money when it was just us two but then he decided to see how far he could go and used that thing. Poor Pinkie was oblivious to it and got hit and went right through her.” Applejack painfully remembered.

The girls examined Pinkie Pie and saw no exit wound or anything similar to it.

“But how, none of her injuries look like that?” Twilight asked. “Unless…”

“It hit her soul.” Fefnir finished Twilight’s sentence. “If he is using ‘soul shot’ then he’s aiming to end it, whether we survive or not, that’s not his concern anymore. We have to end this now!”

“Right I’m with you.” Rainbow Dash said

“Same here.” Applejack said.

The others stood there wondering what they should do now.

“Guess we have no other choice then.” Fluttershy decided to join her friends.

“Fluttershy…you too?” Twilight asked with surprise.

“I have to…if our friends have been fighting this long then we need to help them too…right?” Fluttershy tried to explain.

“Of course dearie, though I wish there was another way but seems there isn’t right now.” Rarity said joining her timid friend.
Twilight was now conflicted to help her friends. She knew she had to for Pinkie Pie, but she knew that there had to be another way. Levia flew up to Twilight to reassure her.

“Twilight, I know this is a hard decision but you have to do this.”

“But this is wrong…there has to be another way.”

“There is…but first we have to do it this way,” Levia then sent Twilight a telepathic message of how she could stop him without doing what the others plan on doing and bring back Revenant.

“Alright girls let’s do this, for Pinkie Pie.” Twilight said as she joined the rest of her friends.

“So now I got all of you involved…things are getting interesting now…” The manifestation said.

The rest of the girls went up against him. Normally, with all their combined strength no foe would be able to stand up against them, but he fought serious now and was holding his ground all too well. If they were all fine, they could’ve stopped him but some of the girls were trying to recover from their previous injuries and they were down a pony but they fought on. Applejack and Rainbow Dash would do there same strategy but as the manifestation deflected it, Fluttershy would come in to flank him. A couple of times he would get hit, but he rolled with the hits to not feel much pain and would use the momentum to attack any other trying to get him. Rarity would get in close to keep him at bay while Twilight would take the moment to attack him with her magic. He would get hit but never flinched from any of the attacks. Rainbow Dash tried diving on him but he caught her with and flipped her into Rarity and Twilight. Applejack used her lasso to hold him down but he used the rope to swing her around and toss her aside. Fluttershy then brought the fight to him and pushed him back a couple feet. She went to continue the onslaught but he stepped aside and hit her in the side with his magic, staggering her. He then bucked her with his magic and sent her back.

“More…give me more...I need more…” The manifestation said to the group.

“Then how about this.” Rainbow Dash charged in.

As she led a charge and knocked him back, but he flipped with the hit and lashed out with his magic at her. She got clipped by a couple hits but took to the sky. Twilight then appeared in front of him and put her horn to his throat, pulsing with magic.

“Enough Revenant, it’s over…”

“Well now isn’t this surprising…to think that you out of all ponies would have the drop on me…most impressive. I knew there was a reason I liked you. Well go on…do it.” He said to her.

She cringed at the thought and just held it there at his throat.

“What’s the matter, can’t you do it? You’re right there; all it takes is just a little push or swipe of your horn.” He made it sound like it was easy.

“I…I can’t….I can’t do it….” Twilight said as she fell to her knees.

“Tragic…you should never hold anypony in that kind of position unless you’re ready to go all the way through. Let me show how it’s done.” The manifestation said raising his horn charged with magic.

“Twilight NO!!!” Rainbow Dash flew in.

“Stay out of my way!” The manifestation said as he battered her away into the rest of her friends.

Fefnir and Levia tried to combine their assault to stop him but failed when he dodged both their attacks and swatted them with his soul magic. He then looked at Twilight ready to end it. He grinned and brought down his horn to end it, but stopped a few inches away from her.

“Wha…what are you doing….” He said said.

Everypony looked to see who he was talking to but there was nopony there. It looked as though he was yelling at himself.

“Stop this….don’t you know we have to do this….to gain power…” He then backed off and started to groan in pain.

“Argh….why….we need to do this….doing this will give us more power…..you don’t want be weak anymore right…” Then his horn began to spark wildly and he yelled in pain.

“AAARRRRGHH!!! No stop….stop….ARRGHH…Twilight….” The manifestation said sounding like Revenant. “Twilight….please….end it now…..I can only hold it back……for so long……” he strained as he fell to the ground holding his head in pain.

Twilight saw what he was trying to fight back whatever was making this way.

“Twilight now…do it!!!” Levia shouted at her.

Twilight got up and quickly ran up to him and placed her horn on his. She let her magic flow into his horn and formed a spark. A few moments later, the spark began to engulf his horn and shone with a warm, bright light. Then the spark exploded sending Twilight back to her friends who caught her.

“It’s alright we got you.” Applejack assured her.

When the smoke cleared, they could see Revenant slowly getting up.

“Drat it didn’t work…” Rainbow Dash said getting ready to attack him. Levia got in her way.

“Wait…look at him.” She pointed out.

As the manifestation got up, the dark aura around him was gone and hiis eyes were back to normal. Revenant was back to himself and was looking around as if trying to see where he was. He looked at all the destruction before he spoke up.

“No….it happened again….what….what have I done….” Revenant said before he passed out.

Twilight quickly ran up to him to see if he was okay while the rest of the girls began to relax. Pinkie Pie was slowly coming to now. All of them knew the journey home would not be easy, and explaining the ordeal to the Princess would be another story entirely.


Edge of the Forest

Nightingale was waiting outside the airship for a while before he saw the group returning. He was surprised to see how bad they were looking and that Revenant was being carried.

“Oh dear Celestia…what happened out there girls? You all look terrible.” He said to the group

“Well you sure know what to say to the ladies…” Rarity said to him.

“Hehehe…sorry about that anyways I hope that everything went alright?” He asked to Twilight.

“Things got….bad but we still got the weather element.” She replied

“Excellent now quickly let’s get all of you home and taken care of.” Nightingale said pushing the girls inside.

“Wait don’t we need to report what happened to the Princess?” Twilight asked him.

“Oh no no no no no no no….she would have my hide if she saw all of you like this. Have you seen her angry, believe me, her fury would silence an Ursa Major. Just tell me what happened and I’ll report it to her.” Nightingale assured her.

As they were on their way home, Twilight explained what happened throughout the mission up to where she and the others teleported to the clearing. She lied about Revenant going berserk and told him that the dogs caused some massive explosion and that Revenant had defended them from the blast. Nightingale understood most of it but saw a few holes within her story.

“You don’t say…all that happened.” He said.

“Unfortunately, that all did, I’m just glad that we’re all okay.” Twilight said.

“So you say and yet…I feel as though that your story doesn’t add up…as if you’re not telling me everything.” Nightingale said to her.

“But of course not…I’ve told you nothing but the truth, I wouldn’t lie to the Princess.” She replied to him.

“I would hope not…Applejack, Rainbow Dash a word if I may?” He asked for them.

They walked up to them wondering what they were called for.

“Tell me is everything true of what Twilight has said. Even with the dogs causing you all this much harm.” Nightingale asked them.

“Well…” They began to say but stopped seeing Twilight’s worried face. They knew she lied to him but didn’t know exactly why. All they knew is that Twilight was their friend and they couldn’t just betray her like that.

“Eeyup…what she said was all true and all….” Applejack said to the best of her abilities.

“Really….you seem to have a hard time believing it yourself there Applejack. Surely the ‘element of honesty’ wouldn’t dare lie to the Princess just to defend her friend now would she?” Nightingale continued.

“What of course not….hehehe….Twilight wouldn’t lie and neither would I….” Applejack said biting her lip.

“Then why was Pinkie Pie so hurt, Twilight said ‘she got hit with some dark magic’. I’m no medical expert but I did see some traces of magic on her so…” Nightingale began but was cut-off by Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah all that is true. Those dogs definitely paid for what they did to her.” Rainbow Dash said fighting the urge to say it was all Revenant’s fault.

Nightingale looked at the threes faces trying to see if anyone of them would crack and glared the most at Applejack. Rainbow Dash caught his gaze and stepped in front of him.

“What? You think that Twilight would lie about all this…She is the Princess’s number one student right?” Rainbow Dash said. “Do you doubt Princess Celestia’s very own personal student?”

“No…I’m not…just making sure all facts are straight.” Nightingale said backing off. “Very well then, this is one hell of a report to give so you girls go rest up….”

He was interrupted when they heard a commotion coming from the other room. Pinkie Pie came bouncing out wrapped up in bandages like a mummy while Rarity tried to stop her.

“Pinkie….You need to rest up. Stop bouncing around the place, you are still injured.” Rarity complained trying to catch her.

“Aw but Rarity how could I not? Just look at me, I’m like a mummy pony. Oh maybe I should dress up as that for Nightmare Night. I bet you I could get more candy this year which reminds me I could really go some candy about now. Is there any candy on this thing here?” Pinkie Pie ranted on.

“Well I see somepony has recovered quickly. We are nearing Ponyville so you girls go on home and take a nice long rest. Hopefully the rest that appear don’t cause this much trouble.” Nightingale said as he left the group. Moments later Fluttershy joined the rest of the girls.

“How’s he holding up Fluttershy?” Twilight asked.

“Well….” She said as she scrapped her hoof on the ground. “He doesn’t look that injured but he’s passed out right now…I don’t think he’ll wake up until tomorrow.”

“Great, we have to lug him all the way back.” Rainbow Dash complained.

“Don’t worry…I’ll inform some of the crew here to take care of that.” Rarity assured her.

“I can’t believe I lied to him…me lying….Nothing good can come out of this.” Applejack blurted out.

“Well what choice did we have, Twilight is the one who started the lie, and we couldn’t just leave her out to hang like that.” Rainbow Dash added her input.

“Yeah I know but…still…I just don’t feel all too right about it.”

“Girls thank you…I’m sorry that you two got dragged into this.” Twilight apologized to the two.

“Yeah well…you’re our friend unlike a certain somepony.” RainbowDash referred to Revenant.

“Look something was wrong with him that made him do that…maybe it was some of the magic the dogs used… or maybe.” Twilight speculated.

“No Twilight…It was all him. One sec he was fighting the dogs, then the next he turned on us. It was all on his own.” Applejack answered her.

“No….that can’t be true…”

“Well it is…I just hope that we made the right decision lying and all.” Applejack somberly said.

“Yeah, if we told the truth then he’d be out of our hooves and probably be in jail.” Rainbow Dash said.

“But wouldn’t I for lying as well?” Twilight said.

“Um well….no….anyway why did you go lying to Nightingale and all?” Rainbow Dash defended herself.

“I don’t know….it’s just….maybe this is something that we help him with.” Twilight said to her friend.

“I sure hope so Twi, I sure hope so….” Applejack finished.


Diamond Dogs Hideout

Rover, Spot, and Fido walked into their boss’s lair with their heads down and tails between their legs fearing of their upcoming punishment. It was one thing to fail once, but twice in a row…they were surely going to pay a heavy price for all this.

“Unbelieveable….to think that with all those dogs and power and you still lost to those ponies!” The boss shouted at them.
He was a large Rottweiler that hulked over all the dogs and easily stood a good eight feet when he rose. He had a scar over his left eye and a chunk of his right ear missing from him. His presence struck fear at those smaller than him and he looked more like a bear than a dog.

“You three should be punished severely…so severe that you’d wish that you were a pony yourself and not a dog. Why I’d oughtta…”

“Hold on their blabber gums, what’s with all this yelling?” A calm voice interrupted the boss.

“None of this concerns you pony! What I do with my dogs is my concern not yours.” He barked at the voice.

“Whoa now, there’s no need to shout,” a yellow pegasus emerged from the shadows.

He wore lab coat wherever he went since he was always working on something and his mane was unkempt and brown. He didn’t really care too much of his style since he was always focused on his work. The one thing though that bugged him was others getting all serious without any logic behind it, much as to what the boss was like to his dogs.

“Now what is with all this senseless yelling about, I have work that needs to be done and can’t complete it with all this racket.” He went on.

“Like I said it doesn’t concern you. I agreed we’d help you but not let you interfere with the way I run my dogs.” The boss argued.

“Oh on the contrary, if it involves the weather elements then it is my full concern. Did they get it…hmmm…did they?” the pegasus continued blowing off the boss.

“What does it look like to you?”

“Well I see an over induced testosterone freak yelling at a small batch of puppies but hey what do I know…I’m just one of them confounded ponies right?” the pegasus joked. The boss snarled at his remarks. “Okay fine…no need to get all vicious with me…can’t take a joke huh. Well it’s obvious they don’t have it but do tell? Do you pups have the small gems I hid in your collars?”

“Of course we do” Rover quickly answered.

“Good hand them here.” The pegasus motioned to them.

The dogs pulled out the gems and slowly passed them to the pegasus not pissing off the boss anymore then he was. The pegasus then tapped them and they all showed playbacks of the dogs after the weather elements. At first he didn’t look interested until he saw an azure pony. He saw how he fought and then used this magic in the caves.

“Hmm…..” The pegasus said to himself.

He continued to examine more of the playback of today’s raid in the mountains. A smile began to draw on his face when he saw the same azure pony fighting again but not a sloppy as the last time. He saw how skilled he was and how he looked out for the others. Then he got excited when he saw the azure pony stare at the pack when he could’ve left but then saw him charge back into the horde but with rage, bloodlust, and dark ambition. He saw it till the end and paused for a moment before speaking.

“I don’t know about how you’re boss feels…but I say you dogs did a fantastic job, in fact, you did better than I hoped for. Don’t go raging on them ‘el jefe’ they did well. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to my research.” The pegasus began to walk off.

“Grrrr… be gone mutts before I change my mind!” The boss barked at the three.

They quickly ran off not wanting to feel their boss’s rage. He then followed the pegasus to confront him.

“How dare you undermine me in front of my dogs! I should make you suffer for that and how did they do well at all, it was a complete failure!” The boss yelled at the pegasus who was walking along.

“You know how I feel about senselessness. You should’ve given the time to hear everything before going at them like that. Sure they didn’t get the weather element but there is still two more out there and they definitely served their purpose so far.” He replied.

“Purpose…whatever purpose is there besides retrieving the weather elements?!” The boss continued.

“You sure like to yell a lot don’t you? It’s alright I like to hear myself too just when I’m insulting those of a lower intellect that’s all…and when I’m reading my stories.”

“Unbelievable….” The boss snarled

“Hey don’t judge, petty pink princess is almost done getting the stallion to love her and they left it at such a cliffhanger that I have to wait ‘till next week for the next issue to come out.” The pegasus defended himself.

“Not that! I meant that you and your smart mouth can’t answer a simple question! Now tell me why I shouldn’t be punishing my dogs right now?”

“Oh right that, well you saw the playback did you not?”

“I did now go on…”

“That azure one, he’s the catalyst that keeps interfering….”

“So we take him out and the next one is ours then!”

“Not so fast there…you saw the way he fought. There was such desire, motivation, such….darkness.”

“What are you getting at?”

“Jeez let me finish alright. You’d think as their boss you’d have better manners but a dog is a dog…I guess. I’m getting ahead of myself now so let me get back on track. That azure one has two different motivations behind his fighting. One: to feed a dark hunger within him; the other is for others….” The pegasus finished.

“So….”

“Well I thought you’d pick up on it now so I intentionally gave you the moment to interrupt me. Guess I have to explain everything like always. You see there is much we can learn from this and we just got our ace in the hole.”
“What the azure one? What use does he prove to us?”

“Ah now you’re getting it. We use his motivation to our advantage; turn his strength into his weakness…”

“I see now…So we should have him lose himself and turn on his friends. Seeing him fight like that as a feral beast… he couldn’t tell the difference between friend and foe. All he saw was his next prey, just like an apex predator.”

“Ding ding ding we have a winner folks. Sadly though, causing him to do that again did cost you a lot of your troops, and besides after that display I deduct that he turned on his friends and they probably hate his guts now. Instead why don’t we use his friends to our favor?” The pegasus suggested.

“Ah extort one of them or hold them for ransom. That sounds perfect but which one?”

The pegasus then pulled the gems out of his coat pocket and played the playback of the caves.

“There you see…that lavender one. Don’t you see the passion in his eyes? Just as your dogs were taking her away, a spark flares within in him. The passion, the will, the fire that burns within him when something threatens her….oh yeah! Look at him go! He fights with his very soul just to protect the mare he loves….MAN THIS IS JUST RICH!” The pegasus said ecstatically.

“Enough, I’ll let the dogs know what to do for the next weather element. What if the azure one doesn’t show up? What if what you said is true of them hating him?” The boss asked before walking off.

“Oh don’t worry he’ll show up…there’s just no way he’d let his pretty lavender princess go off into battle alone. But we should always prepare for everything so…I don’t know I’ll let you decide. After all, I did just discover our ace in the hole.”

“Very well, continue with your research then.” The boss began to leave.

“Oh and before you go, since you had your dog’s put in so much effort, why not let some of my folks help your dogs this time?” The pegasus suggested.

“Hmm…I’ll consider it.” The boss said as he departed.

The pegasus then was left alone to his own thoughts. He pulled out his book that he kept on him and went to his favorite part and began to monologue.

“But please we need you…no I need you…you can’t leave us like this.” The pegasus said in a feminine voice

“I’m sorry, but if I stick around…I will only cause you great pain and sorrow…This is good bye my pretty ‘lavender’ princess…we will not meet again.” The pegasus said in a more heroic tone.

“And then the pretty ‘lavender’ princess watched the stallion she loved walk off into the distance readying to disappear from the world. She knew there was another way for him to feel joy again, all he had to do was open his eyes and realize that there was still a chance for a happy ending. So the pretty ‘lavender’ princess chased after him, knowing that she would still be able to save his haunted soul.” The pegasus said closing the book.

Terribly sorry for not having a picture for the pegasus in the lab coat. Still having trouble with that issue but to let you know that those who have a picture play a big role in the story. There you have it, Revenant's darkness has emerged. How will it affect everything in Ponyville now....well read on to find out.