• Published 20th Jul 2012
  • 1,182 Views, 12 Comments

Revenant Soul: Genesis and The Weather Elements - cyber_pony13



The mane six meet a new colt who has ties to the anomilies in Equestria. Is he to be trusted?

  • ...
3
 12
 1,182

Chapter 10: The Next Weather Element

Revenant wakes up to find himself once again in the darkness with only a lit bonfire to comfort him. From the burning flames he can see his memories in Ponyville. He finds them comforting and kindles the flame to have it expand. Upon kindling it, the flames begin to light up his area to reveal to him he is in the woods. Illusions of the mane six and the cutie mark crusaders appear with him. It looks as though they are camping somewhere in the Everfree forest. Eventually they all gather around the bonfire and have a good time telling stories, roasting marshmallows, and just horsing around. RainbowDash, Scootaloo, Applejack, and Applebloom looked as though they were having a competition of telling the best ghost story. Rarity and Sweetie Belle were spending quality time with each other roasting marshmallows by the fire. Pinkie Pie is scarfing down smores while Fluttershy is calmly eating hers right next to Pinkie Pie. Revenant finds himself next to Twilight reading a book with her with their tails intertwined.

“How sweet…looks like all of you are having a good time.” A familiar voice called out to him. Revenant sighed at it.

“I was wondering when this was about to turn into a nightmare. So, let’s get this over with.” Revenant responded.

After his response the illusion faded as well as the light leaving the bonfire illuminating a small area. Revenant could see a figure appear next to the fire. It was the same one from his previous nightmare.

“Am I that easily replaceable or have you forgotten everything?” the mare asked him.

“No I haven’t forgotten nor are you replaceable. You still have a place in my heart…Terra,” Revenant responded to the mare.

The darkness that once enshrouded the mare now faded away to reveal that it was his former wife. She still retained her beauty and only radiated by the fire.

“I see…tell me how long do you plan on hosting this charade?” Terra asked him.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb. When we were together, I knew what resided within you and I easily accepted it. Now these ponies, this Twilight Sparkle…You have to hide who you really are. You and I both know that they will find out about it.”

“And when they do…I’ll be sure to handle it properly.” Revenant quickly responded.

“Right…I don’t think that will happen. You already spilled your guts out to them and they all believe that is all you have to hide.” Terra said to him, “Imagine the look of betrayal on their faces when they find out what you really are. Oh and poor Twilight, I can only imagine how heartbroken she would be.”

Revenant raised an eyebrow at Terra’s behavior. He didn’t know what to make of it but he decided to let it pass, for now.

“They will feel hurt at first, but with time, they will see through it and will learn to trust me once again, and as for Twilight…” Revenant stopped to think how she would feel.

“Forget about her. You know that you two can’t be together, unless you want to bring harm to her.” Terra said.

“Ah. No…I don’t….” Revenant somberly responded. Terra then walked over to him and grabbed his hoof. She placed it over hear breast so he could feel her heart beat.

“Can you feel it? The love that still beats within my heart for you,” Terra then leaned to his hear and whispered, “There is still a chance for you to be with me, so please come with me so we could be together again.”
Revenant pondered the thought. His heart was being torn by two different loves. One for Twilight, and one for Terra. A vicious tug-o-war within his heart and would only seep into his soul, tearing it apart as well. He then realized what his nightmare was about.

“You were pretty convincing acting as my wife. You even got her eyes right, however…your attitude gave yourself away earlier. Now tell me who you are?” Revenant demanded at Terra.

“Heh…deductive analysis…like always.”

The form of Terra began to undergo metamorphosis. As her body convulsed and twisted, Revenant tried to make out what he would see next. He couldn’t tell but had to watch with great pain of the form of his wife being distorted in such a manner. The metamorphosis was completed to reveal the form of a stallion. More of an apparition than a whole body but Revenant could slightly make out its features to see it was a unicorn roughly around his size.

“So this is who you really are? I would imagine you’d truly reveal yourself or are you a coward for such matters?” Revenant demanded from the apparition.

“All in due time Revenant, but for now I need to torment you.” The apparition calmly said.

Revenant began to worry. He didn’t know why, but he felt fear from this thing. Whatever this apparition was, it was in his head and it could easily find ways to break him.

“Well then, how about we get that little piece of darkness that resides within you that you so desperately keep hidden and reveal it?” The apparition asked.

Before Revenant could respond, the apparition then walked into the bonfire and made the fire burn with rage. The fire grew out of control and engulfed everything. Revenant could feel the heat around him, but to his surprised wasn’t burning. The fires then became one with the darkness and chains shot out binding Revenant. He felt the searing pain from the chains as they burned into his hide and felt the darkness forcing its way into him. Revenant then felt ugly emotions rise within him. Rage, hate, bloodlust, but felt immense power from it all. He began to succumb to them but realized why he put these away in the first place and fought against them.

“Gaah….Dammit…who are you?” Revenant strained.

“Why Revenant I’m shocked. I’d imagine you’d know me out everypony.” The apparition responded sarcastically.

“Aaargh….Gaah…these feelings….this power….it feels good but I have to fight it…” Revenant’s voice slowly contorted

“No don’t do that or else we won’t be complete.”

“Complete? What do you mean by that?”

“Well what else could it mean?” The apparition then revealed itself and Revenant could only stare in horror of its identity. “By we, I mean you since….hehehehe…..I am you.” Everything then flashed into Revenant’s mind. It flowed into him so much he couldn’t take it and blacked out.


“Revenant wake up….wake up…..Wake Up!” Levia shook Revenant’s face.

“*gasp* Levia…Is this….” Revenant said as he jolted up.

“It’s okay Revenant. It was just another nightmare.” Levia said trying to calm him down. Once he was calm she decided to ask him what it was.

“You know it is bad luck to talk about that stuff before breakfast.” Revenant responded.

“Fine…But we need to hurry up, it’s almost time for us to meet up with the rest of the girls at the town market.” Levia said as she fluttered off.

“I’ll get us a quick bite to eat and we’ll be off.” Revenant said getting out of bed. Once he left, he thought to himself. “Or else we won’t be complete…wait does that mean?” Revenant then concentrated on his soul and felt a familiar aura. He dreaded of what will come of it but he had other matters to worry about.

Ponyville Market
Revenant was running over to the rendezvous point with Levia riding his head. He used his soul magic to speed up his pace so he wouldn’t be late. Shortly afterwards, the mane six came into view and he decided to slow down his pace. Moments later he trotted to them trying to find who they would be meeting.

“Sorry for being the last one to arrive girls.” Revenant apologized.

“Yeah, sleeping beauty here wanted to get some extra time sleeping,” Levia adding in her input while Revenant face hoofed.

“No worries, we’re all hear so Twi,” Applejack turned to Twilight, “Who are we supposed to be meeting?”

“I don’t know, Princess Celestia just said meet at the town market at this time.” Twilight answered.

“I do believe this is where I come in.” A night sky alicorn said as he appeared out of nowhere. Everypony was shocked to see him.

“Oh are you the one we are supposed to be meeting?” Twilight asked him.

“Correct but where are my manners, please allow me to introduce myself. I am Nightingale, Princess Luna’s loyal and most trusted servant.”

“Oooooh your big, though not as big as Nightmare moon, but still big. Oh sorry I meant Princess Luna. Still think of her as that since its fun being scared by her.” Pinkie Pie randomly said. Nightingale chuckled at the thought.

“It is my understanding that you ponies are the ones to retrieve the next weather element,” Nightingale asked the group. They all nodded their heads as a response, “Perfect. Then there’s no time to waste.”

In an instant Nightingale teleported them into Canterlot to where the airship was waiting for their arrival.

“Alrighty then, let’s get going.” Nightingale said as he led them on the airship.

As he led them into the lobby, the airship took off onto its destination.

“As we wait to arrive to our destination, I’ll be briefing you of this task.” Nightingale addressed to the group. The group agreed to his announcement while Revenant stood there calmly trying to collect as much as he could on Nightingale.

“Okay first of all we are heading into the mountains to retrieve the weather element of heat. As we get closer to our destination, you’ll notice that the temperature will be rising so for you own health and protection majority of you will be wearing these.” Nightingale then revealed to them a several pendants that had a faded navy blue gem in them.

“Oh what are these for, and I must say they do look lovely.” Rarity asked.

“Although I don’t think ‘jewelry’ is going to help us,” RainbowDash added.

“Shame and Princess Luna worked so hard on these for you girls…and you as well Revenant,” Nightingale said turning to him. Revenant just stayed quiet staring at him.

“So…how will these help us…if you don’t mind me asking?” Fluttershy asked.

“Simple really. Since the heat will be draining most of you, the pendants will keep you cool and should protect you from the abnormal conditions.” Nightingale continued

“What do you mean by ‘most’ of us?” Levia asked.

“Ah yes…you see all of you will feel the effects except for Applejack and Pinkie Pie. Since earth ponies have a high endurance, they can withstand it and not really be affected at all. However there are still enough pendants for all of you just in case something goes wrong.” Nightingale answered Levia.

“We’ll take them then,” Twilight said as she grabbed them and gave them to everypony. “Is that all we need to know?”

“No…you see…there is going to be some ‘trouble’ again.” Nightingale responded.

“Diamond Dogs I assume,” Revenant finally spoke.

“Why yes…they’ll be back, and from what I’ve gathered they’ll be more prepared.” Nightingale responded.

“And by ‘prepared’ would they happen to have anything else from the abyss.” Revenant persecuted Nightingale.

“Sheesh, it feels like your interrogating me,” Nightingale responded. Revenant kept his glare at him, “Relax I’ll answer your question. From what it looks like, we don’t entirely know but I would be ready for the worst just in case.” Nightingale answered. Revenant wasn’t really satisfied with it but he could tell he wouldn’t get anywhere with him.

“Fine, I’ll be getting ready.” Revenant said as he walked out of the lobby. Everypony was silent for a moment before Twilight broke it.

“I’m sorry Nightingale. He’s not like this; normally he’s very helpful and kind. It’s just he’s going through a lot right now.” Twilight apologized.

“I see…then again we are nearing our destination. This element will have tempers flare so do watch your azure friend over there.” Nightingale calmly responded.

Within a couple minutes the airship docked and let out the group at the edge of a forest that was at the base of several mountains. Stepping off they could already feel the heat. Rarity was the first to complain how it would ruin her mane as they all put on the pendants to protect them except for Pinkie Pie and Applejack. They didn’t feel much of a difference in the heat and found it somewhat pleasant. Levia also used her magic to give everypony telepathy once again so they could stay in touch.

“Okay then, the last known location is somewhere within the mountains. There are no caves this time so getting lost shouldn’t be a problem.” Nightingale explained. “You will head through the forest and up the mountains. Be careful when in the mountains cause some have some lava pools in them. And if you happen to run into any Diamond Dogs, try to avoid a confrontation with them. You ponies may be good, but they’ve got numbers.”

“We’ll be fine, and if it comes down to it I’ll take care of them like before.” Revenant responded.

“Fair enough, I’ll be waiting for you all with airship here.” Nightingale said.

“Wait…you’re not coming with us?” Fluttershy asked.

“That is correct. I have ‘errands’ that I need to attend to and besides fighting isn’t really my forte.” Nightingale calmly responded.

“What’s the matter, can’t handle a couple puppies?” Revenant jokingly asked.

“Hehehe…puppies…”RainbowDash giggled at his joke.

“Not really I just favor cats more.” Nightingale then looked at the sky, “The sun is pretty high up, so it’s going to be blazing out there. Other than that good luck out there oh and Twilight, you’ll be in charge of the group here. You don’t mind a mare taking command, do you Revenant?” Nightingale said turning to him.

“No…not at all.” Revenant calmly responded.

“Good then take care.” Nightingale said as he saw them off.

“Oh and one more thing Revenant,” Nightingale telepathically said to him. “Do watch your behavior out there. You wouldn’t want to give the Princess any reason to not trust you or consider you a threat.” Revenant could feel him inside his thoughts. It wasn’t normal telepathy, it felt as though he was picking his brain apart and see inside of him.

“How much do you know?” Revenant responded.

“Enough to keep an eye on you. You may have everypony fooled, but just know that one mistake you make, and I’ll be sure that you regret waking up from that cave.” Nightingale threatened.

After that he disappeared into the airship. Revenant hadn’t felt this feeling in years. The last time he felt something like this is when he discovered that he could…

“Revenant, are you coming?” Levia called out to him.

“On my way!” Revenant responded. He wanted to think about it more but he had a mission to take care of. He had to be vigilant to protect the girls from any danger and hopefully that his fears didn’t come true.

And the story is back on it's tracks. Sorry for the wait but there is more to come.