• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 729 Views, 16 Comments

Honouring the vow - Denchik



In this timeline, Tirek decided not to betray Discord. After the fight against Twilight Sparkle, Lord Tirek ascends to the throne and begins to rule Equestria with an iron fist. Little did the centaur know, however...

  • ...
0
 16
 729

Chapter 4: New Equestrian Order

Astria

"It's gonna take me... One year to get there, huh?" asked the red alicorn to no one in particular. Alexander has put the coordinates of Equus into their UPS (Universal Positioning System), with it showing the distance and how long it's going to take to get to the planet. The 1000-year-old being was rather surprised to find out that the fastest ship that they have could cover this gap in only one year. Then again, if he were to teleport there non stop, it would take him 2, maybe even 3years to do the deed. And even so, the alicorn wasn't sure if he could teleport from the edge of one galaxy to another, thanks to the tremendous distance between the gravitationally bound systems of stars.

"Well... It is going to try to cover a distance of over 100 million light years..." commented Kolsol, earning a sheepish grin from his companion. The zubrik chuckled and began looking at his friend, with Alexander returning the stare.

"Do you remember the day, Alex, when we first met?" inquired the green alien, forcing a smile to appear on the red alicorn's face.

"Oh yes, I do quite well..."

*Flashback, Astria, 25 years ago*

Alexander was walking down one of the many streets of the planet he has been living on for multiple centuries, doing a yearly check up on the stores, pharmacies, hospitals - anything he could really get his hooves on. The red alicorn stumbled upon an orphanage and decided to enter it, with the intent of surveying the building. He saw some unfortunate children on the playground, having fun and playing tag. After noticing the approaching entity, the young zubriks stopped and swarmed Alexander, making the latter chuckle.

"Hello there!" exclaimed the red alicorn, exciting the kids to no end. The almost 1000-year-old being used his magic to create paw like, transparent magical shapes, surprising the little tykes. He carefully placed his creations on their heads and made the appendages ruffle the children's hair, making the younglings happier

"Alexander! Alexander! Is it true that you're the strongest and coolest being in the whole universe?" inquired one of the kids, who was enjoying himself far too much. The stallion did not quite expect this question to be asked by a child, but none the less, he had to come up with some answer.

"Well, I don't know that, little one. The universe is a very big place, which means that there is possibly someone even cooler and stronger than me. But, if he decides to be a meanie and try to bully everyone, I'll try to stop him." admitted the red alicorn in a low laugh, making the kids open their mouth in shock and smile. Alexander looked around and noticed a different zubrik that was sitting in the shade and reading some holographic book.

"Who's that kid and why is he alone?" asked the red alicorn, his gaze fixated on the lonely zubrik. The green alien was admiring the pictures and, quite possibly, the story. Alexander got rather curious and decided to get closer to the kid with the intent of finding out more about him. The red alicorn sat near the child and began to look at the story itself, with the kid still being oblivious of the alicorn's presence.

"So, whatcha reading?" asked Alexander, slightly startling the unsuspecting kid. The young zubrik quickly darted his eyes towards the sheepish alicorn, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, just an old story, mister." replied the kid while chuckling lightly. The red alicorn grinned and put his hoof on the child's head, gently petting the body part with it

"Please, just call me Alex. What's your name?" inquired Alexander earning a small gasp from the little munchkin. The alicorn guessed that the child probably didn't know how the ruler of Astria looked like, which would explain his reaction.

"K-Kolsol..." shyly responded the zubrik, earning a small grin from the hero. Alexander confidently extended his hoof, wishing to partake in a hoofshake. A young Kolsol, slowly, but surely, extended his hand and wrapped his fingers around the body part, shaking it slowly.

"Nice to meet you, Kolsol. Why are you all alone?" asked the smiling red alicorn, hoping to find out some information without reading the zubrik's mind. Kolsol looked at Alexander curiously and smiled back, slightly confused as to why the alicorn would even show any interest in him.

"Oh... Well, I just like sitting in this place during recess." admitted the Zubrik, earning a nod from his companion. When suddenly, the bell rang, causing the child to get up and close his holographic book. He began running towards the orphanage, looking back and waving at his new acquaintance.

"I have to go to class now! See you later! It was nice meeting you, Alex!" shouted Kolsol, turning his head back, his gaze now fixated on the building in front of him. Alexander chuckled in amusement and began walking towards the orphanage himself, wanting to check out the interior of the building...

*Flashback end*

"I do quite well indeed..." grinned the alicorn, recalling the blissful memory in his head, with his friend doing the same. The red alicorn wrapped one hoof around his buddy, causing the zubrik to smile and hug Alexander's leg affectionately.

"To be fair, I was also quite surprised to find out that you graduated from one of the most prestigious programming universities on our planet by yourself..." noted the red alicorn, earning a small chuckle from the short alien. Alexander was, in a way, quite proud of Kolsol's achievements, considering how much of a handicap life had given him.

"I'm gonna miss you..." stated Kolsol, feeling rather sad that Alexander was going to leave for a year. The red alicorn felt that the upcoming 365 daysshall be very boring and difficult, considering that he harbored similar feelings for his companion. The only difference would be that the zubrik viewed the stallion as a father figure of sorts, while the pony thought of Kolsol as a genuine friend.

"So shall I... Friend..." admitted Alexander, with a small smile appearing on his face. The duo eventually broke the hug, considering that the ship was about to take off pretty soon. Kolsol turned around and began walking towards the vessel's exit, turning his head around one last time and waving his hand at the red alicorn, with Alexander returning the gesture as best as he could. The zubrik left the ship and after climbing down the stairs, the stairwell retracted and made a door, with the newly created object closing the space vessel‘s entrance.

"Here goes nothing..." whispered Alexander, putting his hoof on the control screen, selecting the 'Take Off' option. The navy-blue metallic ball began leaving the floor slowly, with its insectoid-like legs retracting into itself. Kolsol and a few other workers began waving at the flying ship, bidding farewell to the red alicorn.

"Alriighty... I believe it's time to do this." mumbled the alicorn, pulling one of the switches that had been located on the control panel. As a result, the ship took off into space with a speed that Alexander could never match with any amount of preparation. The red alicorn decided to send the vice-ruler a message, explaining the whole situation.

'I'm going on a mission that may take a year or even more... Take over for now and keep me updated on everything.' read the message, with Alexander pressing the 'Send' option. After warning the zubrik, the 1000-year-old being grinned and began trotting towards the center of the room. After getting there, the red alicorn began sitting on the spot and meditating, hoping that it would help pass the time...

-Equestria, Ponyville-

After imprisoning the royal guards, Lord Tirek and Discord decided to announce their ascension to the throne in each and every village, town and city of Equestria. Though, to be fair, the spirit of chaos will be the one announcing everything, while the centaur will sit on the sidelines and change up the laws a bit.

"I think Ponyville would be a good place to begin, don't you agree?" inquired Lord Tirek, his citrine eyes meeting the draconequus' gaze. Discord had no other option but to nod and teleport to the small town, with the intent of subduing it. The spirit of chaos' paws were suddenly enveloped in a dark purple aura, allowing the draconequus to create more of these immortal chaos ponies. After forging a couple of police ponies, Discord mentally gave them an order to rally each and every citizen into the center of this small town.

The spirit of chaos' creations began going to every building and forcing out the ponies, with most of them trembling. Most of the time, the citizens came out peacefully and no physical violence occurred. Though, at times, the police ponies had to forcefully drag out and assault the ponies that thrashed and resisted them, leaving minor bruises and wounds. Though, unfortunately, every pony was too afraid to help the citizens that were being assaulted. Eventually, the chaos ponies have forced all of Ponyville's current residents to the location of where the Golden Oak Library used to be.

The spirit of chaos grinned and created a small stage and podium for himself, which Discord got behind. The draconequus materialized a pair of glasses, which, upon appearing, plopped onto his nose and a small piece of paper with some text on it. The spirit of chaos adjusted his new pair of glasses and cleared his throat, preparing to give a speech to the scared and unhappy crowd.

"Citizens of Ponyville, from this day forth, your sweet princesses shall no longer be leading Equestria!" began Discord, earning gasps from multiple audience members. They were quite shocked to find out that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have been removed from power for some unknown reason.

"Do not fret, ponies. Tirek and I shall be leading this marvelous country from now on to greatness!" announced the spirit of chaos in a very ecstatic voice. Discord was, however, met with booing and mass unrest from the citizens, which surprised the new leader. The draconequus rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, creating metal chains for each and every pony that was present. He grinned and put the piece of paper down, raising both of his paws that were coated in a brilliant-red aura.

Discord began creating more ponies once again, but this time, his creations greatly differed from the police ponies. Unlike those average stallions, these new ponies were a bit taller than Big Mac and were much more muscular than said red earth pony. They wore black hoods that covered their face completely, with the exception of their glowing, yellow eyes. The mass of ponies was rather... intimidated my these new hulking creations.

Alongside these new beasts, the draconequus created one special chaos pony that wore a black tuxedo, a red tie, and a white shirt. He, like all of the other creations, had glowing yellow eyes and a pale brown coat. The stallion began walking onto the stage with the spirit of chaos moving a little bit so that said pony could go past his creator without bumping into him.

"This stallion right over here shall be your new mayor." announced Discord, pointing at the stallion that was standing on the podium. One pale amber mare hung hear head, feeling hurt that she was replaced by this... thing! The chaos pony began looking at the fearful crowd and grinned. He mentally commanded the slave drivers to start whipping the crowd, leading them to their homes. The draconequus smiled in glee after witnessing his creations do their job rather proficiently.

"We've got a lot to do." stated the spirit of chaos, rubbing his two paws together in a rather malicious manner. The new mayor's glowing eyes met with the spirit of chaos' gaze, making both of them smile and nod. Discord's new creations suddenly stopped torturing the mares, stallions, fillies and colts, confusing the whole crowd greatly.

"Emperor Discord has ordered us to force you to tear down most of Ponyville's buildings and collect every piece of food that there is." sternly said the police ponies and slave drivers in unison, sending a huge chill down the ponies‘ spines. The inhabitants of this poor town did not expect today to be so... horrible. Everypony hoped that the Princesses, Mane 6, or even the guards would be able to save them from this new threat, but alas, tis' was not the case.

"Who do you think you..." began Night Watch, only to get whipped by one of the burly stallions. The attack was strong enough to break the fabric of his shirt and pierce through the earth pony's skin, forcing the chained guard to let out a mighty wail of pain. The slave driver, however, did not stop there. He began to use his weapon repeatedly, creating even more wounds on his back. Gushes of blood began dripping from the freshly damaged openings, staining Night Watch's pale blue shirt in a crimson-red colour. Some bystanders that were witnessing this punishment turned around, closed their eyes and a couple of them fainted.

"Now... this was a just a little example. If anypony steps out of line, I shall be forced to command my faithful minions to do even worse things..." smiled the new mayor, intimidating the poor ponies greatly. This suppressed any sort of possible resistance that would have come otherwise from the townsponies, considering that they're even more afraid now than they ever were before. The mares, stallions and their children, albeit grudgingly, began tearing down their homes and collecting food, much to the spirit of chaos' delight. At times, the burly stallions used their weapons to whip the citizens so that the ponies would work quicker...

-Tartarus-

"How could he do this..." whispered Princess Cadence, gritting her teeth in disgust while tears rolled down her eyes. She knew that the spirit of chaos was not one of the friendliest creatures that the princess of love had the unfortunate luck of meeting, but the pink mare did not expect this traitor to be this... brutal. The second youngest alicorn was very distraught after witnessing what these new police ponies had done to her dear husband, Captain Shining Armor.

"It seems that... Tirek is influencing Discord to commit all of these heinous acts..." said a weak voice that came from the left of the pink alicorn. Princess Cadence turned around to look at the white alicorn and saw her aunt's seemingly empty gaze fixated on her.

"What do you mean, auntie Celestia?"

"From what I've seen... Tirek is using Discord for his own needs and is manipulating him, trying to make him think that what he is doing is normal..." explained the white alicorn with a small tear rolling down her face. The pink princess now understood the severity of the situation. Princess Cadance looked into the crystal ball once more and saw the spirit of chaos now being in the Crystal Empire. Like with Ponyville, Discord created police ponies, slave drivers and a new ruler for the city.

"No! Not my crystal ponies!" desperately exclaimed the princess of love, saddened by the scene in front of her. She hung her head and began weeping once again, waking up the princess of the night from her little nap. Princess Luna got as close to the pink alicorn as she could and wrapped her wing around her, trying to calm her down.

"Calm down Cady, everything's going to be fine..." said the princess of the night in a motherly tone, attempting to calm down the weeping mare. The white alicorn glanced towards her sister for a brief moment, giving her a 'Are you crazy?' look, before lowering her head slowly and darting her eyes towards the sphere.

'I hope...' thought Princess Luna, genuinely believing that Equestria can still be saved by something...

-Equestria, Crystal Empire-

After turning the inhabitants of the Crystal Empire into slaves and forcing them to tear down their homes and raid all of the food, the draconequus began exploring the location itself, with the intent of finding some artifacts that the spirit of chaos and his friend could use. Discord eventually made it to the center of the empire and noticed a floating heart that exhibited multiple shades of cyan. The object was floating in the center of a space between the crystal stalactite and stalagmite. Curiously, the spirit of chaos grabbed the heart and removed it from its previous location.

After taking a closer look at it, Discord noticed multiple clouds of snow that were approaching the Crystal Empire. Discord suddenly realized what this crystal creation did and grinned. The draconequus created a blue magical sphere and put it in the heart's place, making the clouds go away even quicker than they had come. Suddenly, the spirit of chaos got an interesting idea. He teleported to the royal castle, where he saw his friend looking through the current rules of Equestria.

"So, I take it that you subdued Ponyville?" inquired the centaur, shifting his gaze from the paper in front of him towards the spirit of chaos. Tirek noticed his companion hiding something behind his back and to this, the centaur raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, I have also managed to do the same to the Crystal Empire. Speaking of which, I got you this!" exclaimed the spirit of chaos, revealing the item that he had been hiding from the centaur. Tirek grinned and began walking towards Discord, his curiosity increasing ever so slightly. The centaur used his magic to grab the item from the draconequus' paws, gently lifting it and bringing it closer to his eyes.

"What is this?..." inquired the new ruler, examining the thing that his 'friend' had brought before him.

"It's the crystal heart! The ponies used it to defeat King Sombra." answered the spirit of chaos, peaking the centaur's interest. Lord Tirek opened his mouth and attempted to drain any form of magic from the item, but to no avail. The centaur snorted and tried to consume the heart's magic once more, but had absolutely no luck in doing so once more.

"It isn't working!" announced an annoyed Lord Tirek, his frustration showing. The spirit of chaos was as confused as his friend and teleported himself back to the Crystal Empire. Discord flew towards the closest pony and grabbed him, placing one of his paws on his head and reading his mind. After a couple of moments, the spirit of chaos let go the unfortunate citizen and reappeared near the confused centaur, who was still trying to figure out how the heart worked.

"It seems that... The crystal heart only works if the crystal ponies decide to power it..."stated the spirit of chaos, making the evil centaur snort. Lord Tirek was rather annoyed by the fact that this object wouldn't work as of right now, but didn't pay too much mind to it.

"Well, let's go to the crystal empire and activate this thing then." said the centaur, bearing a malicious smile. Discord nodded and teleported both of them to the place where the heart itself used to reside. The spirit of chaos removed the floating magical blue orb from the space and replaced it with the crystal object once more. While the draconequus was putting the heart into it's place, the centaur could not help but notice Discord's creations whipping the crystal ponies and forcing them to get closer to the center of the location.

"You did good, friend, you did good..." smiled Lord Tirek, his happiness showing. He was very delighted that his 'friend's' creations actually do their job. After hearing the centaur's praise, Discord smiled and nodded, feeling rather proud of himself. The draconequus finished putting the crystal heart into its place, which made every citizen of the Crystal Empire regain their crystal-like look. They began hesitantly bowing, with the intent of fueling the crystal object with power.

Lord Tirek and Discord waited patiently for this item to do something, but, much to their disappointment, nothing happened at all. The spirit of chaos was surprised to see that the snowflake pattern that was drawn around the stalagmite wasn't covered in a light blue light like he saw in that one stallion‘s memory. The draconequus scratched the behind of his head and was just as confused as the tall centaur.

"It isn't working... Oh, to Tartarus with this!" cursed an irate Lord Tirek, grabbing the crystal heart and throwing it to the ground, smashing it into many small pieces. The crystal ponies and, by extension, Discord were shocked by the centaur's action. Said villain took off from the ground and began flying back to Canterlot, leaving a frowning spirit of chaos standing in one place. The draconequus created a light blue orb once more and placed it in the same spot where the last one used to reside, allowing this location not to be covered in multiple snow clouds...