• Published 21st Nov 2017
  • 728 Views, 16 Comments

Honouring the vow - Denchik



In this timeline, Tirek decided not to betray Discord. After the fight against Twilight Sparkle, Lord Tirek ascends to the throne and begins to rule Equestria with an iron fist. Little did the centaur know, however...

  • ...
0
 16
 728

Chapter 2: Twilight's last stand

Equestria, Ponyville

After Lord Tirek punched his empty palm with his clenched fist, Princess Twilight Sparkle gulped fearfully. She was not exactly expecting to take on two extraordinarily powerful villains today. While the duo was standing menacingly in front of the purple alicorn, Twilight Sparkle began forging a plan to defeat her opponents.

"Could we do this in a slightly different place?" asked Princess Twilight Sparkle, wanting to move away the upcoming battle from her beloved village, Ponyville. The centaur's smile disappeared and was replaced by a rather curious expression.

"Why can't we just do it right here?" questioned Lord Tirek, confused as to why the purple alicorn wanted to fight in a different spot. The evil centaur couldn't really care less where the upcoming battle would take place.

"It seems that she doesn't want to damage any buildings here, or injure anypony." concluded Discord whilst stroking his beard, to which the centaur just snorted. Lord Tirek knew that his opponent was a goodie two shoes, but he didn't know that she cared that much. It made the evil centaur a bit sick to his stomach, but the more he thought about it, the more sense it made. The evil centaur now saw the benefits from moving the skirmish that was about to ensure.

"Well, I don't really care about the inhabitants... But I also don't want to rebuild this dump after Discord and I take over Equestria. Lead the way, Sparkle." said Lord Tirek, accepting the proposal. The remaining princess was rather annoyed by the remark, but hid it and nodded. She began flying away from Ponyville with a moderate speed.The centaur and the draconequus took off after the purple alicorn and began following her closely

'Okay... I just have to take Tirek out of the picture and quickly deal with Discord. After i beat Discord, I should be able to win against Tirek.' thought Twilight Sparkle, smiling to herself after forming the plan in her head. She lead the villains to the place where she had previously fought Lord Tirek. The centaur noticed that the place looked rather familiar , to which he scoffed.

After a couple of minutes, the purple alicorn landed on the ground. The duo caught up with Twilight Sparkle and landed not too far away from her.The princess of friendship locked eyes with her two opponents, attempting to put on a brave expression. However, her hopes of winning were rather low...

Equestria, Canterlot dungeon

"Well girls, it looks like the battle is going to begin soon..." sighed the orange earth pony, saddened by the upcoming event. She was, however, rather satisfied that her friend had thought of moving the bout further away from the farm.

"Why are you girls acting so dramatic? Twilight will easily win this!" cheered Rainbow Dash, not loosing any hope in her friend. The rainbow-maned pegasus knew that no matter the odds that were stacked against them, they always came out on top and defeated any evildoer that had the audacity to threaten Equestria or Ponyville.

"Yeah, and when she wins, I'm going to throw her a big party!" said an optimistic Pinkie Pie, sharing Rainbow Dash's faith in her friend.

"I don't know darling... Discord , from what I've heard, is pretty powerful..." disagreed Rarity, worried for the safety of her friend. The white unicorn knew that her friend acquired magic from the princesses, but is it enough to face Discord and Lord Tirek at the same time?

"I just hope that *sniff* she doesn't get hurt too bad..." said a sad Fluttershy, dismayed by today's events. First, Lord Tirek came back to Equestria, then her friend betrayed her and now she's trapped in a dungeon with no way to help the princess of friendship.

"Please win this, Twilight..." whispered a hopeful Spike...

Equestria, near Ponyville

"Ladies first, Sparkle butt." sheepishly taunted Discord, hoping to get a reaction from his opponent. The purple alicorn composed herself by inhaling deeply and exhaling a large amount of air. She narrowed her eyes and began looking at the centaur before her.

"With pleasure." said Princess Twilight Sparkle in a serious tone. She teleported behind Lord Tirek and began to quickly charge a powerful spell. Before the duo could react, she sent an extraordinarily powerful gust of wind at the centaur, which sent the magic-absorbing villain flying at great speeds into the sky. Discord saw this and began to charge a powerful magic blast that he planned to send from his paw, with the intent of knocking out his opponent. Fortunately, the draconequus' plan was interrupted by a mighty magic blast from the purple alicorn. After making contact, the attack managed to melt through Discord's head, effectively destroying most of it

However, Twilight Sparkle did not her assault stop there. She began to send a large amount of magical blasts from her horn towards Discord. The draconequus had difficulty dodging most of the attacks due to his opponent's speed. The attacks, upon collision, pierced the spirit's body, leaving huge holes in it. As a result of this, Discord began falling to the ground, seemingly dead. The purple alicorn looked as the draconequus' limp body began descending to the ground.

The centaur caught himself and was no longer getting sent back by Twilight Sparkle's spell. He began making his way to the battlegrounds, annoyed by the stunt that his opponent pulled on him earlier. Upon his arrival, Lord Tirek discovered that his friend, Discord, had already been killed. To this new development, he began glaring daggers at the princess of friendship. Princess Twilight Sparkle noticed Lord Tirek and began to go on the offensive once more. She flew at great speeds at her opponent whilst charging a potent blast, with the intent of taking down the remaining opponent.

But before she could come close to the malicious centaur, Twilight saw the 'dead' body of the spirit of chaos appear before her very eyes. Before the princess of friendship could comprehend what she was seeing, Discord's dear body appeared in her way, unexpectedly slashing her with his sharp claw. She stumbled back, now with clawmarks on her cheeks. The wound was deep enough to make some blood trickle down from it. Much to the purple alicorn's surprise, the draconequus began to regenerate the wounds that she had inflicted a couple of moments ago.

"Oh my Celestia..." whispered Princess Twilight Sparkle, shocked by this new development. Lord Tirek was just as surprised as his opponent by his 'friend's' superb regeneration. After the draconequus finished patching up his body holes and the missing part of his head, he began to glare at the alicorn princess.

"That wasn't very nice..." spat Discord. He opened up two portals : one to the left of him and one close to Twilight, masking it so that his opponent could not see it. The princess of friendship saw what her opponent was doing, to which she tensed up and began preparing for the worst. The draconequus quickly formed a magic blast and threw it into the nearby portal. It went out of the other one and connected with the alicorn princess, burning her side as a result. Twilight Sparkle let out a painful yell and teleported away from the duo.

"You can run, but you can't hide..." said Discord, creating another portal and closing the two old ones. He put one of his arms into it and grabbed onto something. He quickly removed his arm from the portal and the object that he grabbed is revealed to the none other than the alicorn princess herself. He began looking her straight in the eyes with the intent of hypnotizing her.

The colour of the draconequus' eyes changed, it was no longer red and yellow. He now had a black pupil with stripes of random colours on his iris and sclera. Soon enough, the princess of friendship's eyes had the same colours and colour patterns on them

"Now, be a good girl and give Tirek here all of your magic..." smiled Discord, to which Twilight Sparkle nodded. The evil centaur smiled and began to use his telekinesis on the purple alicorn to get her closer to him...

Equestria, Canterlot dungeon

"No! Twilight!" shouted most of the dungeon's captives, thinking that the draconequus has got their friend under his control

"Discord's cheating! It's not fair!" protested the cerulean pegasus, angered by the cheap tactics that the spirit of chaos is using

"She had one chance to win this fight, but now Twi is going to loose her magic..." sadly stated Applejack while hanging her head.

"She will pull through this! Just watch!" bluntly exclaimed Rainbow Dash, not loosing any hope in her friend.

Equestria, near Ponyville

After Lord Tirek brought Twilight Sparkle close enough, the centaur opened his mouth and was ready to collect her magic. When suddenly, the purple alicorn sent a magic blast towards Lord Tirek, forcing him to stop the process. It went straight through his abdomen, which resulted in the centaur letting out a mighty wail. He quickly retaliated by sending his own blast towards Twilight Sparkle, which she avoided by the skin of her teeth.

Discord saw this and began quickly healing the wound. After the draconequus healed the hole in his friend's abdomen, he teleported near the purple alicorn and sent a powerful blast at her within point blank range. It connected and exploded upon contact, which sent the princess of friendship spiraling towards the ground. She crashed into the hard surface, coughing up saliva and some blood after landing.

The princess of friendship turned her body around and began laying on her stomach. The purple alicorn attempted to get stand up, one hoof at a time, but found it rather difficult to do so. After Twilight Sparkle began standing on all of her hooves, she glared at the grinning opponents in front of her.

"Just give up, Sparkle. I promise that I won't be too rough with you after I absorb your magic." proposed Lord Tirek, hoping that this charade will end quicker than it will

"Never! My family, friends, the princesses and all of Equestria are counting on me to take you two down!" declared the princess of friendship, her spirits still high. After hearing the speech, Tirek just burst into laughter.

"No, Sparkle. I'm pretty sure that your friends, princesses, family and all of Equestria are thinking that you're an incompetent failure." stated the centaur, hoping to bring down his opponent's morale and to confuse her.

"W-What do you mean?" asked Twilight Sparkle, confused and baffled by Tirek's sudden statement.

"Think about it. Why did Celestia send my buddy instead of you to deal with me?" asked the centaur, confident that the purple alicorn won't have a response for this one. While Twilight was trying to find an answer to Lord Tirek's question, Discord enveloped the princess of friendship in a yellow aura. He then lifted the purple alicorn and crashed her into the ground with a huge amount of force. After doing so, the spirit of chaos began dragging Princess Twilight Sparkle across the ground, inflicting some nasty wounds from grinding her on the uneven surface.

While Discord was wearing down the princess, the centaur began to charge the strongest blast that his current magic level would allow. After he was finished, Lord sent the attack flying at a colossal speed towards his opponent. The powerful blast connected with the alicorn, sending huge shockwaves across all of Equus and creating a big explosion. After the mushroom cloud settled, the princess of friendship was found laying in a huge crater, nearly unconscious.

The duo landed near the crater, with the magic-absorbing villain smiling like a filly, who had just received candy. Lord Tirek picked up Twilight Sparkle and brought the pony closer to his face. The centaur then coated the alicorn in an orange aura and opened his mouth with the intent of absorbing her magic. The princess of magic slowly felt magic leaving her broken and battered body, The process itself hurt a lot, but Twilight Sparkle was too weak to fight it

After Lord Tirek finished acquiring the purple alicorn's magic, he dropped her to the ground and began laughing like a madman. Thanks to the newly added power, the centaur's mass, height and power began to increase substantially.

"N-no..." weakly protested Twilight Sparkle, unable to fight back any longer.The princess of friendship was laying on the ground, watching helplessly as her opponent became stronger than ever. She perfectly knew that Lord Tirek had won and was about to rule Equestria with an iron fist. After the centaur finished 'transforming', he looked down on the purple alicorn with a rather malicious smile...

Equestria, Canterlot dungeon

After Twilight Sparkle's defeat a great silence made itself known in the dungeon cell. The captives were saddened by the events that have unfolded before them. Knowing that Lord Tirek is going to become the leader of their beloved motherland was a lot to take in. The worst part is that their dear friend will get banished to Tartarus forever...

"it's over..." whispered Applejack, being the first being to break the silence. The orange earth pony was rather sad that she will probably never see her friend again.

Spike, Fluttershy, Rarity hung their head, knowing that things went from bad to worse. Even the cheerful pink earth pony looked rather grim, while the baby dragon and the yellow pegasus were on the verge of tears.

The cerulean pegasus looked at the orb with a shocked, angry and disappointed expression. She was shocked because Rainbow Dash thought that her friend was unbeatable with all of the magic she received from the princesses. The rainbow-maned pegasus was experiencing anger because of the cheap tactics that the duo had used to win against the purple alicorn. But most importantly, she was disappointed that she, the cerulean pegasus, and her friends could do nothing to help the princess of friendship...

Equestria, near Ponyville

"Discord... could you be a buddy and heal her up?" asked the centaur impatiently. The draconequus and the princess of friendship were rather confused and baffled by this request.

"But why?" asked a puzzled Discord. Lord Tirek turned around to face his 'friend' and frowned a little bit due to the draconequus questioning his request. The spirit of chaos nodded and began using his magic with the intent of healing Twilight Sparkle. After a few moments, all of the purple alicorn's wounds were gone. The princess of friendship tried to stand up but was blasted by the centaur.

The magic blast connected and sent Twilight Sparkle flying and grunting from the pain. After a while, she landed on the ground with a very loud thud. The purple alicorn surveyed the area where the blast had connected and saw that it managed to burn her fur and skin. When suddenly, Twilight Sparkle felt a huge weight on her body and looked up to see the centaur's hoof stomping her body.

"Honestly, Sparkle, I was correct. You are rather pathetic... The only reason you were even able to ascend to an alicorn was because you gained enough cookie points from your beloved teacher." monologued Lord Tirek, applying more pressure onto his opponent's body afterwards. Twilight Sparkle let out a blood curdling scream from the increased force. The power of the centaur's hoof was almost big enough to shatter her bones.

After a few moments Lord removed his huge hoof from the princess of friendship's body. He used his telekinesis to lift her from the ground and chuck Twilight Sparkle into a mountain. After the purple alicorn collided with the hard surface, the centaur began to violently beat her up with a flurry of punches. Each attack that made contact with the princess of friendship's body forced saliva and blood come out of the purple alicorn's mouth.

"This is what you get, Sparkle, for nearly beating me!" spat the centaur in between punches. He threw one final punch, whose power overshadowed any physical attack that he had thrown beforehand. Lord Tirek heard a crack, that was followed by the mountain collapsing. He turned around and saw his buddy, Discord, looking rather disapprovingly towards him. The centaur's eyes shifted from the draconequus to his opponent and vice versa.

Discord understood what the centaur had wanted and, after sighing, he lifted the limp body of his ex friend with his magic from under the rubble and began healing her once more. After treating his opponent, the draconequus gently put her down on the mountain's rubble. Twilight Sparkle locked eyes with her opponent and began giving Lord Tirek a pleading look

"Please... Just stop... You've won already..." pleaded the princess of friendship, hoping that her opponent would finally cease torturing her. The centaur locked eyes with the miserable princess and raised his eyebrow at the request before him.

"Figures, though, it should come as no surprise that a waste of space like you would be pleading for mercy..." grinned Lord Tirek. He walked up to Twilight Sparkle and sent an earth - shattering kick towards her. The purple alicorn was in no position to dodge the upcoming attack, which allowed it to connect with her head. As a result, Twilight Sparkle got sent back and landed face first into the cold, hard ground. The evil centaur began walking menacingly towards the princess of friendship whilst charging a powerful blast.

He sent the attack at the purple alicorn once again, which resulted in a colossal explosion and a mushroom cloud that surpassed the clouds in it's height. Before Lord Tirek, his opponent lays there - broken, bloody and bruised. The centaur grabbed the princess of friendship by the collar and used his magic to open a portal to Tartarus. He grinned and casually threw the princess towards the pillar's roof, where the other princesses resided. After Twilight Sparkle landed near Celestia, Cadance and Luna with a loud thud, Tirek closed the portal. The evil centaur turned around and was met by a rather displeased Discord.

"Was that really necessary?" asked the spirit of chaos with one of his eyebrows raised and arms crossed. He was rather disgusted with his new friend's actions and could not help but feel sorry for his ex opponent. Tirek walked up to Discord and began laughing, which threw the spirit of chaos a bit off guard. The centaur patted Discord on the back multiple times and ceased his small outburst.

"Of course it was, dear friend. I get quite a bit of satisfaction in crushing my opponent mentally and physically after the battle." replied Lord Tirek, looking straight into the draconequus' eyes. The spirit of chaos locked eyes with his friend and sighed, knowing that it's useless to reason with the power-hungry centaur. Lord Tirek stopped looking at his friend and began stroking his white beard, thinking on what his next action would be...

???

Somewhere in space, far away from Equus there was a planet. The floating rock was at a perfect distance from it's sun - not too far and not too close, near enough to house life. The celestial object's surface was mostly composed of land with huge amounts of water in between. The land is inhabited by beings of numerous species, with the dominant one being Zubriks - short, green-skinned, three eyed, bipedal aliens. Technologically, this world is far superior to Equus, having space ships that can travel incomprehensible distances in a second, teleportation, robots, portals to parallel universes and much more.

The planet itself only had one country - Astria. Unlike Equestria, the country was not a diarchy. It has one ruler that is elected every 5 years. Though, for the last 900 or so years the country has been run by one being - an alicorn. The leader, Alexander, has a ruby-red coat, harlequin green eyes and spiky, navy blue hair. He is taller than princess Luna but his height is below that of Celestia. Currently, Alexander was surveying the observable universe on his computer when suddenly, it detected a huge amount of power coming off from one being.

'What's this power spike in the neighbouring galaxy supercluster?' thought the male alicorn, noticing a spot his computer screen. Curiously, he zoomed in on the the location of the source. To the stallion's surprise, he found a planet that was covered in land and water. The red alicorn blinked a few times and began zooming in on the planet itself to see the being that had been emitting so much power. What Alexander saw shocked him immensely.

He saw his homeland, Equestria, for the first time in a thousand years. Alexander dropped his neutral demeanor and began grinning like a cheshire cat . The red alicorn also saw a tall, black and red centaur and a familiar spirit of chaos. He blinked a few times once again and began cackling , which caught the attention of the other alien beings who were present in the room. Most of them turned around to face the red alicorn, surprised to see him change his mood unexpectedly.

"Uhm, Alexander..." said a short, green-skinned , three-eyed bipedal alien. He was wearing some armour and had an insignia that was plastered on said outfit, showing that he had a rather high rank. The red alicorn turned around and locked eyes with the creature who called his name.

"Kolsol... Where do we keep our fastest ship? I need to go on a trip to this new planet." smiled Alexander, looking away from his companion. Kolsol was rather surprised to see how much zeal his comrade expressed or rather, him expressing any at all. The alien grinned and began to search for the fastest space ship that they have.

'Finally... after a millennium i will have my revenge on Discord...' thought Alexander, smirking to himself...