• Published 17th Nov 2017
  • 730 Views, 5 Comments

The Island of Tambelon - Rakoon1



The Lord of Chaos, now trapped in his own realm, puts in action an old plan of his to bring chaos to the Pony World with everything happening at the Tambelon.

  • ...
1
 5
 730

Arriving to Tambelon

With their journey to Tambelon approaching its end, the heroes continue to face the Lord of Chaos’ obstacles. This time, it was a great storm that prevented the Destiny’s Bounty from continuing to go by flying, obligating it to go by sea. However, the storm was causing a great amount of big waves that was making damages to the ship.

Twilight went to Captain Cealano who was stirring the ship the best she could, while shouting orders to her underlings.

“How are things, captain?” she asked.

“Not good, princess” she replied, trying to make herself be heard over the sound of the ravaging waves. “This storm is like anything I have seen. It’s like a cursed storm.”

Hearing that, Twilight realized that was another trick from the Lord of Chaos, a way to deviate them from their path. But she noticed that storm didn’t have the power it should have, perhaps because the Lord of Chaos didn’t have the same power he used to. If that was so, then Twilight had an idea.

At the deck, the others were helping the parrot pirates keeping the ship from being washed out by the storm. While helping Star keeping the sails with their magic, Thorax said:

“I have to say when I agreed to come with you I didn’t expected this.”

“Hold on tight, I believe we’re almost out of the storm” Star told him.

Twilight approached them and said to Star:

“Son, I need your help. Let’s combine our powers to dismiss this storm.”

“But… I thought using magic to meddle with nature itself was not a good thing” he replied.

“And you think this storm is natural?” Twilight asked him.

Realizing what his mother was saying, Star nodded and then asked Thorax:

“Can you handle this?”

“Well, I can try…” he answered.

And Start let go his hold on the sail and Thorax almost tripped when facing that. Then, mother and son took flight, while charging their horns. They did a great effort, while casting the spell that would clear the sky, having to endure the cold rain and the strong winds. It was then that their spell worked and the dark cloud dispersed, ending the rain, while the wind stopped blowing, what caused the ocean to cease the waves.

They landed on the deck, tired from the spell they casted, and were welcome by everyone who congratulated them.

“Well, Ah be a dancin’ chicken, that was a great magic show!” Applejack exclaimed. “Ah’ve forgotten how good ya were with that horn ov yers, Twi. Ya too, Star.”

“That was… so awesome!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“Yeah, I never saw anything like that” Thorax said, impressed.

“Well, that’s no surprise for me” Blue told, going to kiss his wife on the cheek, while Moonlight went to embrace Star.

“Whatever you did, princess, it really saved our ship” Captain Celaeno said. “A bit later and we would be fish food. And it was just in time, look, it seems we have land ahoy.”

She was right, as a small inhabited island was approaching. The Destiny’s Bounty anchored at the docks and everypony got out (with Thorax adopting a form of an earth pony to conceal his identity), with Captain Celaeno going to deal with a mechanic to do a major repair to the ship. When she returned, she went to Twilight, along with her crew and said to her and the others:

“Well, it was a honor to serve you all. But it seems this is the end of the journey for me and my crew.”

“What do you mean the end?” Rainbow Dash asked, while hoovering in the air. “If I recall, you were supposed to take us to Tambelon and I believe this island is too small and not too dark and creepy to be it.”

“Are you talking about that big island some miles away and that have a big and dark storm cloud that make it spooky?” Pinkie Pie asked, pointed.

That made everypony look and, indeed, there was a big island that was obscured by a big dark cloud.

“Is that…” Star started, not wanting to believe what he was seeing.

“Eyup, the island of Tambelon” Captain Celaeno said. “The sailors from this island don’t even dare to approach it. They say they have peace as long they don’t meddle with Tambelon… As if somepony smart would dare to go there. That’s why this is the end for us. But don’t worry, we found you a way to go to the island.”

And she made a gesture to a simple rowing boat with room for everypony.

“Thank you, captain, you and your crew did a great job in bringing us this far” Twilight said, bowing her head respectfully.

“Well, like you said, it was our job” Celaeno said. “But I have to say that, with all of you, we could have adventures no other pirate had. Well, farewell, y’all. I hope your mission runs well for you.”

And so Captain Celaeno and her crew moved away.

“So, what’s the plan now, Twilight?” Rarity asked.

“What we can do now is wait” she replied. “Once the sun is down, we’ll go to Tambelon and get in hidden by the night.”

“Sounds good to me” Blue said. “It wouldn’t be good to go there with the enemy seeing us coming.”

“I don’t know…” Fluttershy said, looking to Tambelon. “That place looks very scary. I can’t imagine how it can be at night…”

“Don’t worry, mom” Moonlight said. “Everything will be fine. What about you, Thorax. We understand if you don’t want to go.”

“I admit… I’m scared to go to that place” he said. “The stories I heard about Tambelon… are to give nightmares to anyone. But you’re my friends and I will do everything to help you.”

“Thanks, Thorax” Star said, while looking to Tambelon. “Because something tells me we’re going to need it.”

As the night began, the heroes get on board on their boat, using black cloak to better blend in and hide their identities. Rainbow Dash and Star pulled the boat towards the island. It didn’t take long for them to arrive to the shore. After Twilight casted a spell to hide the boat to make sure their presence was noticed, they started to advance until they found a road. A slight mist covered the air.

“We’re here for a few minutes and I’m already wishing to go home” Fluttershy said.

“I agree with you, darling” Rarity said. “So far, what we’ve seen is even worse than in the book.”

“Yeah, and there’s nothing here that seems funny or happy” Pinkie Pie observed.

“Maybe that’s ‘cause this is an island rul’d by one ov tha Lord of Chaos’ villains” Applejack replied.

“Oh, yeah, you may be right” Pinkie Pie said.

“All I want is to kick some butt and defeat this villain” Rainbow Dash said.

“I would be careful with the words, Rainbow” Blue advised. “We don’t know what kind of villain we’re dealing with.”

“Blue is right” Twilight told. “We must lay low for now.”

“Oh, come on, we have the Elements, a General of Order, a changeling, a siren and two alicorns with one being the jinchuriki and the one who defeated the Lord of Chaos” Rainbow Dash replied. “I think we’re good.”

It was then a big commotion was heard nearby, along with a scream and roars.

“What was that?!” Moonlight asked.

“I don’t know, but I can sense a big deal of fear” Thorax said, nervously.

Star quickly turned into his tailed beast state and, using his jinchuriki power, he was able to sense it.

“Somepony is in danger. I can feel a great evil nearby.”

In fact, there was a pony in great danger. That pony was pulling a cart with apples that now was fallen on the ground. He was being attacked by what appeared to be a pony, but made of black stone, having a mane made of shadow and red eyes. It looked like to have no intelligence whatsoever, acting like a beast and growling at its prey.

It was then that Rainbow Dash, using her speed, made several attacks to the creature. She then stopped in the middle of the air and told:

“Hey, you, why don’t you mess with somepony of your size?!”

The creature just growled at her, only to be caught by Applejack’s lasso.

“Not so fast!” she exclaimed, while holding the lasso with her teeth.

But the creature was so strong that was able to break free.

“Wow, that thin’ sure is strong” Applejack commented.

Star then landed beside her and told:

“Not to me.”

And he summoned his tailed beast form and created three tails, extending them to hold the creature. Despite being stronger in that form, Star could feel it fighting.

“Hurry, I don’t know how long I can hold him off!” he said.

And Twilight and her friends positioned themselves and started to use the power of the Elements of Harmony. When the other elements charged Twilight’s, she casted a spell that emitted an intense light that hit the creature that was vaporized by it.

Star returned to his normal form and commented:

“Well, that just happened.”

“I thought the Elements of Harmony just purify, not destroy” Moonlight said.

“Unless the target is made of pure evil” Blue said. “I could feel that thing was only made of darkness.”

Applejack then turned to the pony the creature attacked and approached him.

“Are ya okay, sir?” she asked.

“Yes… Ah am” he said, while starting to get up.

And then Applejack saw the pony putting on his head a hat that was just like hers. She then noticed him, observing his pale, light grayish olive coat with a half of green apple with a star in the center as a Cutie Mark, pale, light grayish gamboge hooves and a brilliant red mane.

“No… It can’t be…” Applejack said.

And the pony turned to her, revealing his face that contained moderate harlequin eyes and was very similar to the one of her brother Big Mac.

“Pa…?” the orange earth asked.