• Published 17th Nov 2017
  • 714 Views, 5 Comments

The Island of Tambelon - Rakoon1



The Lord of Chaos, now trapped in his own realm, puts in action an old plan of his to bring chaos to the Pony World with everything happening at the Tambelon.

  • ...
1
 5
 714

The Power of the Original Light

As Tempest swung her glaive, the winds became even stronger and stronger, as they prepared everything for the destruction. The Smooze was placed in check, unable to move, while the General of Destruction was holding the glaive with a serene smile.

All the others looked to be conformed with their inevitable fate, as if there was no hope to prevent the destruction Tempest was about to inflict on the Pony World.

Twilight was inside the Smooze, with her star seed still visible, however she seemed to be unconscious, not giving any movement. It would appear she hadn’t been able to neutralize the Smooze from the inside.

Tempest continued to execute her role as the General of Destruction, waiting for the moment she would put that world out of its misery.

Star couldn’t believe it was really the end. The world they knew was about to be destroyed and there was nothing he could do to prevent it from happening. He just wanted that his mother was there… just so they could be together once everything ended. Unable to contain himself, he called again:

“MOM!”

And Twilight awoke. At the first, she was a little confused, but when her mind put itself together, she noticed she was in the middle of a vastness of light, without ground and anything at all.

“Where… am I?” she asked.

“In the depth of your own self” a voice replied.

Hearing that voice, Twilight got shocked, as she recognized it. Turning around, Twilight got to see…

“Princess Aurora…?” she asked.

It was her, the first alicorn princess and former ruler of the Light Kingdom, being also the owner of the original star seed before her.

“Yes, it’s me” she replied with a warm smile.

“No, it can’ be” Twilight said. “You are dead. Your star seed broke when the Light Kingdom went into its stone sleep.”

“Yes, that happened and I ceased to exist” Aurora confirmed. “Well, at least, physically.”

“I don’t understand…”

“Dear Twilight, what I’m going to tell you is something that not even my… I mean, our Generals know about. The fact is that another General placed another defense: Gentle Light.”

“The General of Death?” Twilight asked. “But what kind of defense could she possibly do?”

“The Reincarnation Blessing” Aurora replied. “The counterpart of the Reincarnation Curse, capable of allowing a dead soul to reborn. I waited too long for this to happen, but it is a good thing that took all these centuries, just to have you as the next carrier of the original star seed. I just never expected that you would look so closely like me.”

“So I’m… really you?” Twilight asked.

“Not at all” Aurora replied, approaching Twilight and putting a hoof over shoulder. “You may be my reincarnation, but you’re your own self. However, despite our differences, we are one and we are connected.”

“If we are connected, then why is that only now we are talking?” Twilight asked.

“Because it was only in this precise moment that you fully embrace the sacrifice that you did, just like I did when Sombra invaded my kingdom” Aurora replied.

When Aurora mentioned Sombra, Twilight couldn’t help but remember her encounter with the dark king during the war.

“Speaking about him, I was wondering…” Twilight started.

“You were wondering about my relationship with Sombra, right?” Aurora said.

“The Lord of Order told me that you two were once a couple. It must have been hard for you to have the love of your life as enemy. I know it would be for me with Blue.”

“It was hard… more than you can imagine. But let’s not talking about that. That’s in the past now. What we need to do now is to end all this madness.”

“How?” Twilight asked. “The Smooze is to strong…”

“Nothing is stronger than the light” Aurora told. “And I’ll help you. But before that, I want you to know that, no matter what, I’ll be always there for you.”

Twilight smiled at her and the two hugged each other.

At that moment, Twilight opened her eyes, which were glowing, and the original star seed started to shine strongly, as it never did, and she let her body be engulfed by it. That light was so strong that it could be seen from the outside. It started to go up. Pinkie Pie, seeing that, exclaimed:

“Hey, guys, look! It’s pretty!”

They all saw the light and how it made the part of the Smooze around it dissipitate. Everypony stood there looking to the light in amazement.

“But what’s going on?” Moonlight asked.

But Star was able to see through the light and, with a mix of happiness and admiration, he said:

“No way…”

Twilight was inside a bubble of light, being lift by it.

“Mom…” Star said, smiling.

Noticing it was her, everypony was extremely happy. Her light became even stronger as Twilight descended and landed on a pillar, where she kneeled, looking up.

However, it looked like the Smooze hadn’t give up yet and started to immerged, heading to the black hole bridging the Pony World and Discordia, saying:

“At least… let me… go back to my home… Discordia…”

But it was hard for him to reach the black hole due to the effects of Tempest’s power on him. She then said:

“So beautiful… the deep agony of destruction.”

Taking a more determined look, Tempest started to ascend with her glaive raised, while saying to the Smooze:

“For you, the end is near. As the General of Destruction, I, Tempest Shadow, will lead you into a world of nothingness!”

Looking at her, Twilight called:

“Tempest!”

As Tempest continued to lead the Smooze to the black hole, Bright Night said:

“What is she doing? If she continues, she will be also sucked into that black hole as well.”

“No, Tempest!” Time Turner exclaimed.

“What is she thinking?” Blue asked.

“Don’t do it, Tempest!” Moonlight told.

Noticing the worry in everypony’s looks, Tempest said:

“Do not despair. There is no need. With every end, comes a new beginning, one filled with hope and rebirth.”

Extending her hoof towards Twilight, she continued:

“And the one to bring that is you… Princess Twilight Sparkle.”

“Tempest…” Twilight said.

“You released the true power of the original light, combined with your own element” Tempest told. “So now, thanks to you, this world can be saved.”

“It can?” Twilight asked. “Really?”

“I am the General who brings destruction, but only to create rebirth” Tempest said. “This reality is the Lord of Order’s master piece and its sacred power is your ally.”

“Tempest…”

Sharing one last tender smile, Tempest prepared her glaive and then told to Bright Night:

“Bright Night, close this black hole on both sides! Don’t let it reach its destination!”

“But, Tempest…” Bright Night started.

“Hurry!” the General of Destruction exclaimed.

Without any other choice, Bright Night extended her mirror and said, while charging her magic, while tears came down through her face:

“By the power over Portals given to me by the Creator, I order for this door to be shut down. Let this evil to be doomed to wonder the Limbo… forever! Dark Dome Close!”

And the mirror unleased a powerful light that caused the opening to Discordia to close. The black hole, however, continued to suck the Smooze into it, along with Tempest.

“No, Tempest, don’t go!” Moonlight called, with her eyes full of tears.

Hearing her, Tempest looked at Moonlight and gave her a sweet smile, remember all the moments they lived together, and then she went through the portal along with the Smooze, with it closing behind.

“Tempest!” Moonlight called.

Meanwhile, Twilight remembered Tempest words and she knew their meaning. It was the same principle that allowed the existence of the two Lords, something that allowed life to exist. In an act of instinct, Twilight connected herself with her star seed and to Princess Aurora. The light involved her and the first alicorn princess manifested herself through Twilight. That surprised everypony, with Applejack asking:

“Wait, is that…”

“It’s Princess Aurora…” Time Turner said.

Extending her hoof, Aurora summoned the original star seed, releasing its tremendous light that restored everything damaged by the Smooze. Everypony had no words for what they were seeing, but Blue then realized the meaning of that dream he and Twilight shared.

“So, it was you all along…” he said.

The light also cleared the dark clouds, letting the island be welcomed by the rising sun, that returned to the capital its golden color that was the kingdom’s pride. Many ponies came out and, seeing that, they got to know that they were now free from the tyranny they were forced to live for centuries, expressing their happiness with great cheers.

Being able to noticed that the darkness had been vanquished, Thorax said, looking everything through the window of the cottage:

“Looks like they did it.”

Jonagold and Buttercup let out a cheer of joy, before exchanging a hug and a kiss.

A sudden light came down the sky and hit one of the pillars of the destroyed tower. When it dissipated, a baby cry could be heard. Listening that, Time Turner and Bright Night went immediately there. Approaching, they found a baby filly that looked very closely to Tempest. It was then they could see the aura that belonged to the General of Destruction.

“Tempest…?” Bright Night asked, not wanting to believe.

“She return to her baby form, instead of reincarnating in another life” Time Turner said, as much surprised as Bright Night.

Using her magic, Bright Night took the baby only to then hold her on her foreleg. Looking at her, baby Tempest giggled, what caused the General of Portals to give a tender smile.

“The power of our princess doesn’t stop amazing us” Bright Night said. “Looks like we’ll have to make sure she is raised to be a good pony, so nopony uses her power for evil.”

“Yes” Bright Night agreed.

After the damages were undone, Twilight returned to her true self and her star seed returned to the inside. She descended and was greeted by everyone, who hugged her with joy, mainly Star and Blue.

“You did, mom” Star said. “You saved us all. You saved Tambelon… like grandpa Star Shield desired.”

“I couldn’t have done it without all of you” Twilight said. “The actions of you all lead to this.”

“It looks we finally got to see the meaning of that vision” Blue said.

“Yes, you’re right…” Twilight said.

“My princess…” Time Turner’s voice said.

They turned and saw him and Bright Night, who was holding baby Tempest. They kneeled before Twilight and the General of Time said:

“It was an honor to fight alongside you and all of your friends.”

“You all have taught us to hold on faith, even when the situation is dire” Bright Night continued. “For that, we’re thankful.”

“You’re welcome…” Twilight replied, blushing a little bit.

She then noticed the baby and asked:

“Who is that baby?”

They smiled and then Time Turned said:

“It’s time for us to leave and return to our respective domains. But not before carry on this mission that was given to us by our beloved Princess of the Pony Reality.”

“You mean that baby is…” Moonlight started.

“We’ll make sure she has a family that will care for her until the day she is ready to face her fate” Bright Night told. “You can be sure of that.”

Hearing those words from the General of Portals caused Moonlight to feel so much relieved.

“We hope you and the other Generals take good care of this world and our princess” Time Turner said to Blue.

“Like we always do” he replied, while placing his foreleg around Twilight’s shoulders.

The two other Generals nodded and, after a last nod to everypony, they teleported away with Tempest.