• Published 22nd Nov 2017
  • 4,264 Views, 60 Comments

All Hail the Dragonborn - RedtheDestroyer



On the verge of oblivion, one fearless warrior sets out to the Throat of the World to stop the World Eater from ending the world entirely. The brave hero ends up successfully banishing Alduin into another world at the cost of sending himself too.

  • ...
17
 60
 4,264

Chapter 9: War Among the Dovah

I stormed into the Whinning Pony heading up to the front bar stand seeing Berry Punch cleaning a glass. She glanced back at me.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Savior of Ponyvile. What's the matter? More dragons?" Berry Punch asked half joking.

I scuffed at her antics before leaning over the bar stand. "Well, yes and no. I need to know some more information about your country."

She stopped cleaning the glasses in front of her placing them back in the correct spots, ready for service. Berry Punch then turned around toward me looking me in the eyes. "I suppose it's fair since you helped our small town so much. What do you need to know?"

"Is Princess Twilight the ruler of Equestria? From what I have seen, she doesn't appear to be the ruling body."

"Your assumptions would be correct. Equestria is originally a diarchy: Princess Celestia and Luna are the rulers of Equestria. Twilight Sparkle is merely a minor Princess since she only rules a town and a part of Canterlot."

Suddenly, a tremor shook the ground below us causing me to fall on my buttox. Berry manage to hold on to the countertop for a good while before the tremor slowly decreased in strength. I stood back up recoverimg from the sudden earthquake.

"That didn't sound good." I looked at Berry Punch looking just as perplexed as I am. We walk out of the Whinning Pony scanning the surroundings for any damage that might have caused the quake.

"Over there! Canterlot is burning!" A random pony shout a fair bit a ways. I looked to where the stallion was pointing to; dryly gulping at the forboding smoke coming out off the city. That can't be good.

"Good knight!" Twilight called out walking up to me.

"I'm already ready to go. Let's not waste any more time."

Twilight nods looking back at an out-of-breath Spike. "I need you to gather up the girls." He nods hurrying off to do his job. "Commander Bolt Shield and the Royal Guards will lead you into Canterlot. I'm counting on you until we get there."

I smiled behind my metal mask. "I'm confident I'll be able to hold off the invaders." I said.

Twilight ran off to establish order in Ponyvile. A moment later, I see Commander Bolt Shield with a familiar unit and a dozen more troops at the ready. I hastily walked up to him. "Ready?"

"Everyone's mobile, let's move out, Day Guard!" Bolt Shield proclaimed causing the guards to cheer.

"Wait!" A familiar dragon shouts in our direction. The guards stop their cheer seeing former Dragonlord Ember run up toward me. "I can fight too! The ponies and my kingdom are allies. This is my fight too."

I glanced at her through the helmet seeing her determination fill her lizard eyes. I sighed knowing stopping her would be pointless. "You can come assist me if you like. But I'll warn you. We're up against an unknown force that most likely has strong fighters in their ranks and will show no mercy in the mist of war. Are you prepared to possibly die?" I asked seeing the confliction in her eyes, "If not, you'll have to stay out of the fight until it settles down."

After a few moments before she made her decision. "I'm prepared to die for the alliance, if I have to."

I solemonly nod before signalling the Day Guard to march forward. Ember and I fell in line with the guards as we steadily scale the mountain to Canterlot.


Mayhem.

The nobles of Canterlot were not prepared to be facing an army of Equestrian dragons eating random ponies on the streets. The dragons used their breath to destroy the breath-taking architectures of great minds in Equestria.

"Level all of Canterlot, drakes! Leave no pony alive!" A commanding dragon shout above the chaos around him.

Suddenly, the sky brightened in a brilliant light blinding the legions of dragons. Roars of utter pain ripped through the skies worrying the dragon commander. Once the odd light vanished from the sight all half the legion of Equestrian dragons looked to have been burnt to empty shells of their own scales.

"W-What?!" The dragon commander exclaimed shocked at the sudden death toll of his army. He searched the Canterlot streets for any unicorn that mught have done the damage until his eyes settle on a white alicorn. His face paled significantly at the Princess' presence.

Celestia raised her golden sword letting the the sun's flames gather at the point into a sphere. It grew bigger and hotter in size. The commander dragon's eyes widen at her action.

"Frost Breaths, now!" He screamed. The remaining dragon legion actitated their shouts aiming at the Princess making the entire sky light up bright blue in color. Celestia grinned pausing the fire ball ten times bigger than a basket ball.

"Face the wrath of the sun." She hurled the sphere at the incoming frost breaths at the speed of sound. They collide, but the ball of fire didn't slow even the slightest against the frost breaths, instead, it seemed to gain more strength burning brighter at the commander. The commanding dragon hovered in the air, shaking in fear, having freedom the last thing in his mind.

"FO KRAH DIIN!" A distant voice shouts before a solid beam of white mist shot at the flaming sphere. In one fluid second, the entire ball dissipates into nothing. Stunned silence piecered the air. The commanding sragon trying to regain his pride in vain of a near death experience.

Alduin, the World Eater appeared on the battlefield with his ancient doc army trailing behind him. Celestia saw where the commander stared at struggling to understand why two versions of dragons are attacking Canterlot.

The same draconic voice spoke again. "Don't hesitate! Push forward."

The Equestrian dragon renew their invasion plans on the streets of Canterlot below. Celestia's patience ran thin with this nonsense.

"ENOUGH!" Celestia's aura brust forth from her body creating a heat shockwave that shattered nearby windows that weren't already destroyed. "Who is responsible for this dragon invasion? Step forward."

Alduin saw Celestia's actions seeing that she must be the ruler of these lands, through power that she give off. The mighty drake flew into the street where the Sun Princess stood waiting. He land on the asphalt making indentions in the surface due to his massive body. Alduin stare at her intensely waiting to see what else she might say.

"You're the new leader of the dragons, yes?"

"Well, yes I am. I-"

"I propose that you leave this city and crawl to whichever hole you came from. Or, if you feel the need to continue your invasion, I'll make sure your ashes return to the Dragonlands."

Alduin was momentarily stunned by the interruption, not because her words surprised him, but because she had the nerve to interrupt the ancient dovah. He recovered quickly giving a piercing glare down on the Princess. She flinched at the sudden intensity.

"I believe you don't understand the situation your in right now, Princess. I'm not invading anything. I'm simply reclaiming what you stole from the ancient dov centuries ago. But there is one fact I'll comfirm-- FUS,"
Celestia barely had any time to react before a bluish energy hit her. Celestia flew through the air several feet before her butt cushioned her fall. "You will have to die first, kulaas do krein."

The World Eater then spread wings releasing a powerful roar; signalling the legions of dragons to continue their attack. He took off into the air while Celestia quickly charges up another sun sphere.

Alduin wasted not time dive bombing straight at the Sun Princess using his weight to crush the pavement below him. Celestia dodged losing focus on the spell. A bright light engulfed her form briefly revealing golden plate armor on her body.

The dragon released a frost breath which Celestia barely avoided. She whiched to defensive spells letting her sun flames engulf her armor. She charged toward the dragon swinging her blade in one fluid motion managing to hit Alduin's scaly body. The sword didn't pierce deeply, but it still cause Alduin in roar in pain. He angrily flicked his tail at Celestia sending her crashing into a nearby building. He continued toward the building and picked her up in his jaws, biting down hard.

Luckily, the armor was string enough with heavy enchantments that it wouldn't allow itself to pierce but that didn't prevent the metal from bending inward. Celestia gasped in pain not being able to breathe. She try anything she could to pry the beast's jaws ope but to no avail. Alduin smirked at her struggle, but it was short lived getting swiftly punched in the right eye hard by her random, flailing attacks.

He let her go in his pain clutching in his right eye. "You dare play dirty during the middle of battle?! For that you shall die slowly as a ice statue, forever!" Alduin breathed in concentrating on his thoughts, channeling his shout. He could start to feel the Frozen North elements gather inside and circulate throughout his body. The World Eater then focuses the increasing frost power through his mouth. The air suddenly turned incredibly frigid causing a few bystanders to uncontrollably shiver from the instant shift in temperature.

Celestia struggled to take off her armor for faster maneuverability, but the metal seem to freeze solid together due to the weather change. She tried standing only to realize the ground beneath her froze all her limps to the ground. Her eyes widen in increasing fear.

Alduin's reptilian eyes seem to puerce the cold and peer into her soul with demonic malice. "Liz Slen Nus!"

All the color drained from Celestia's face seeing the incoming beam of bright blue energy. A thousand thoughts crossed her mind, but one specifically stood out. She remembered the day she cast Discord into stone. The princess imagined the draconequus must have shrugged off the imprisonment, like it was nothing to him, biding his time before the seal broke a thousand years later. But every now and then, his facade would fade showing her the unmarked years he must have gone mentally staying in one place for so long. She was so young back then she didn't realize the trauma she must have caused on the godly creature. But then again, she always wondered what being a statue must have felt like, or to be in that same state for eons without end.

Her fear lessened when she realized what fate had just offered her. It was punishment for damning all the innocence she must have stepped on to achieve peace in her country. She fell to the ground on her knees seeing it inch closer. All emotion seem to drain from her replaced with a strange calmness at the sheer irony Alduin planned to do to her. Celestia knew there would be no one around strong enough to save her. Discord didn't like her enough to save her. Luna was busy dealing with the dragon army by coordinating the Royal Guard. And Twilight was also busy calming Ponyvile. Even if Cadence and Shining Armor were here in Canterlot, the dragon's strange new power would make Shining's shields pointless. She count the seconds taking a deep breath looking straight into the shout with content in her eyes. She was ready to--

"FEIM ZII GRON!"

A massive man in armor stood in front of the Sun Princess intercepting the ice shout just before it could hit her. An ice cloud covered the area for a few seconds before it decide to settle revealing Celestia and the newcomer unharmed. The man wore Ebony armor that seemed to absorb the very light around it. You couldn't see his eyes, but you could tell, even without it, that this stranger was not happy to meet the ancient dragon.

Alduin's anger immediately vanished seeing the newcomer for the first time. He manage to recollect himself before retreating back in the sky. "Behold my brethren, the dovahkiin has arrived! Slaughter him where he stands!"

The ancient dovah immediately noticed the greatsword wielder. Five of the dragons rush at him simultaneously in a draconic frenzy. The dragon slayer cracked his knuckles drawing his greatsword. He didn't even realize Celestia was still laying on the ground.

"Fus ro dah!" A blue mist slammed into the dovah in front of him sending it flying into a nearby building. He then twisted his wrist and violently slashed the incoming dovah's throat behind him. He swiftly rolled out of the way effortlessly avoiding two claw attacks raking the earth. He roared a battle cry plunging the greatsword into the third dovah's chest.

The dovah thrashed wildly, but the dragonslayer held onto his weapon tightly manufesting his bound battleaxe and used the given momentum to hack in straight into the fourth dragon's skull. A few seconds later, that battleaxe vanished leaving the corpse behind.

Once the dovah quit moving he quickly retrieves his greatsword, and sideways glance at the last dovah seeing his brethren fall under minutes made the drake realize the strength this dovahkiin possessed. So the dovah flew away as fast as he could. Alduin was pissed and frightened at how easily his nemesis defeated five of the mighty dov at once.

The dragonslayer looked up at the hovering ancient drake pointing his blood drenched greatsword at the Alduin. "Face your death with grace, World Eater, because, this time, I'm not going to just seal you away. I'm going to slaughter you into another corpse." The Ebony wearer growled.

Alduin seem to be imagining things seeing piercing red eyes shine through the holes in the Ebony Armor. A brief silence swept through the battlefield before the mighty dragon roared in laughter. Once he manage to control himself, he focused back on his nemesis again. "Floating through the dragonbreak must have scrambled that tiny mortal brain of yours. I never cower to a foe! STRUN BAH QO!"

Immediately, the clouds darkened and gathered around the Dragonborn. Lightning bolts then literally rained from the sky. Fortunately, he was quick enough to get by with as little damage as possible done to him. Although a couple strikes bearly nicked him. It seem to be an even stalemate until one random bolt flew at Celestia being abnormally bigger than the rest of the lightning bolts previously.

Seeing the incoming death, the dragonborn placed himself in between the bolt, and her, not thinking of the consequences. This final bolt hit him in the back of his chest sending white hot pain throughout his body. He grunt and spasmed in pain before collapsing in front of her. The sun princess stared in mute horror at the horrible fate the stranger suffered.

Silence reigned for a moment before the dragon burst out in laughter once more. "What a foolish Dovah! Did he really though that he could withstand that much voltage?"

To everyone's surprise, the warrior in the ebony armor manage to shakingly get up. He chuckled. "Just enough to activate the cursed armor.... May the Hunt and Shadows guide me...."

He started spasming in intense pain, but it wasn't due to the lightning at all. In fact, the armor itself seem to be changing in shape. The blood that it was covered in began to be absorbed in the breastplate spreading throughout the body. The stored electrical currents made the armor more elastic to work with in the process. It went from shiny black to a deep red color. The black gauntlets shift into razor sharp dark red claws. The helmet morphed into a head of a dead looking mini dragon skull with pitch black soulless eyes staring into its enemies soul. The chest plate grew a bit thicker and sturdier than the other version with only several glowing red veins being the only real difference to the armor plating. The boots had then morphed into mock claws as well, but they looked more for ground stability then actual use for war.

The princess, even Alduin, stood shell shocked at this transformation. "Impossible, what have you done!"

The Daedric armored dragonborn slowly walked up to his opponent, unnerving Alduin slightly. "Create something new. Giving permission into melting down Savior's Hide, the Ebony Mail, the Nightingale armor and the base armor, Ebony armor. I have manage to create a suit of armor that does not require daedra blood to make the most toughest armor a smith could ever make: Daedric armor," The dragonborn leveled a single finger at Alduin. "This entire armor's purpose is to kill you forever, Alduin. It didn't activate before due to not enough blood around when I visited Sovngarde. But now, this armor will prove to you why you should never mess with Mundas and the Daedrics that live outside of it!"


The Nord flexed his leg muscles before charging at the dovah. Alduin rolled his eyes getting over his initial fear. "If you can ever catch me, that is." He flew around the Dragonborn in a taunting manner flowing down several fire breaths down below the ground.

But this armor made him different than before the change. He was faster, more resilient to Alduin's shouts, and seem to actually grow stronger with every hit that was inflicted on him. The dragonborn unsheathed a hidden dagger while the World Eater was stuck in his thoughts throwing it violently into his left wing. The mighty dovah fell down to earth making the ground quake beneath his weight. Alduin quickly pulled the blade out of his wing briefly examing the item it wasn't a dagger at all. It was an ebony sword. He carelessly tossed the item aside briefly insulted that such a weak object shouldn't have brought him down so easily. The tossed mangled blade spoke the World Eater's words to be true.

The dragonborn readied his greatsword for the final blow. "Joor zah frul!" A deep saphire blue washed over Alduin's body making him feel incredibly weaker than usual. He remembered this same feeling on two separate occasions. The first time was how he originally was imprisoned in the timeline of all events to float through it for eternity. The second time was when the same dovahkiin used it just before he used the Elderscroll the send him here! Dragonrend. The man aimed to decapitate the World Eater from his head. Everything seem to fall in order, but Alduin was too stubborn and furious to even care. "Fus ro dah!"

The single shout sent the hero flying into the sun princess both stopping after a few more feet. The ancient drake then spoke in a shout that was unfamiliar to the pair. A moment later something blocked out the sun in the sky. The same creature dived straight directly at them. They looked up just in time to see the biggest dragon they have ever seen it opened its maw and swallow the two whole simultaneously. The world they knew fell into darkness when they fell into a giant holelike abyss.

Author's Note:

For those who have waited paitently for this update, I'm sorry it took this long to update. I was busy with a ton of things that came up all at once. Plus, I had several writer blocks that crippled my creative juices from flowing properly even though I was enjoying my time writing this story. And I wanted the chapter to be more than a thousand words this time. Because of being a war chapter in all.

With that in mind, those two seem to be in a really sticky situation. I know. Extremely bad pun, but yeah you get that for your troubles. Until next chapter....