• Published 22nd Nov 2017
  • 4,246 Views, 60 Comments

All Hail the Dragonborn - RedtheDestroyer



On the verge of oblivion, one fearless warrior sets out to the Throat of the World to stop the World Eater from ending the world entirely. The brave hero ends up successfully banishing Alduin into another world at the cost of sending himself too.

  • ...
17
 60
 4,246

Chapter 2: Dragons?

I had no idea what those guards were, but luckily I escaped them. Last thing I needed was to be thrown in whatever prison they had for me. But next time I might not be so fortunate.

That's why I plan on taking a rest for a while. I laid in the plains and had built a fire with a bed roll I had in my storage. The fire crackles with life while I just stare up at the stars above. And then I realized how much brighter and clearer they were in the sky then usual. For being sent to a land filled with dragons and talking horses it sure is a beautiful natural landscape.

I lightly yawned indicating that I was about to go to sleep. I got comfortable in my bed roll before I dozed off to sleep peacefully.


I woke up the next morning realizing that today was the first full day in this strange land. I decided to search for more civilization which I happened to find a dirt road. Now that I take another look at all that I see it really isn't too much different from my homeland: Skyrim. But then again I barely met the natives.

I eventually made it to a town. This town was quite the sight for me as it looked like the average style a Nord village would have. Wooden structures with somewhat bustling people- err. Ponies, I guess now.

Once again, the ponies looked at me in bafflement and fear in my presence. Good thing I didn't see those golden armor guards around, but to be on the safe side I decided to just go with it. I head into a bar and was met with new smells. One of which was a weird combo of apple cider and musk. I've been in worse. There was a mare singing in the front of the room with a lovely voice and a few more shady characters throughout the bar itself.

I sat in one of the lone seats facing the bartender. She was a light purple mare with a dark purple mane and tail. Her clothes covered her except her thighs which showed two tattoo pictures both with matching branches of grapes and strawberries on each thigh. Weird, not the weirdest I've seen in this strange world though.

"What do you want, stranger?" she asked.

"I'll take the strongest ale you have." I said.

She nods as she fetches the drink for me. At least the terms are still the same here. After a few minutes she returns back with my ale as I gave her the money I had to usually give. When I did she raised an eyebrow at the coin I had.

"What is this? This is not bits." She stated.

Well, now I know the currency is different here. This made things more complicated. I sighed as I pushed the ale back to her. I went to pick up the change before she grabbed my wrist.

"You're not from around here are you?"

"Possibly. What's that to you?" I asked.

"I asked because you look like a pony that could get a certain job done for me."

My interest peak because of my current situation. I needed these 'bits' in order to buy things properly if needed. "Go on."

"I've been having a problem with a certain group of ponies known as the Coltist. They keep on barging into my bar and taking the rum for themselves. Since there is no Royal Guard members here I had no way in protecting myself from these bastards. Can you take care of them for me?" She asked.

"I'd be glad to help. Where can I find them?" I said.

"In the east side of the Hymmer Mountains. If you don't know where that is then use this map." She said giving me a map with the label 'Equestria' on it.

"Thanks."

I then put the map in my armor before I head back out of the bar. My first quest here in this strange land named Equestria. I then open the map the bartender gave to me. Unfortunately, I couldn't read the damn thing covered in hieroglyphics in all, but I did get the pictures. So I followed the illustrations on the map until I got to a mountain range with a sign and trail pointing further up the mountain top. I had no idea what it said, but my guess is this is the place to be. I then scaled up the mountain trail. I didn't run into anything dangerous though. Just a few birds but nothing lethal. The path ended for me as I heard voices out in the distance. I got close to the sounds to find two ponies near a fire drinking this purple liquid from their wine bottles. My guess it was the bartender's stolen rum.

"Sooooo, wha is tha big catch *hic* you got this time...." The first pony said probably drunk out of his mind.

"That whore didn't know wha hit her. Although... Next time we should get serious." The second pony said.

I got annoyed by their conversation so I stood to their right as I prepare a shout. "Fus Ro Dah!"

And just like that a blue force of aura burst outwards to the two unexpecting ponies sending them flying off the ledge screaming to their deaths. I smiled slightly under my helmet before continuing to the camp fire and scavenging through their things. What I found didn't surprise me. A bunch of useless leather armor, some rusted swords and a ton of empty bottles of rum. This was not a organization. They were just two idiots wielding some weapons to take some rum for there drunken selves. I sighed heavily before preparing to go back then. I heard a dragon roar in the distance. My blood ran cold at the familiarity of it. I search for the owner of the shout but couldn't see anything pass the mountains. So I decided to head back to the town and collect my due payment.


"Oh thank you so much stranger for your kindness. Here is some bits as promised." the bartender said giving me a bag of coin or was it bits now?

Anyway, I take it and count it up adding it to my collection. "Forty-nine bits."

"Thank you miss. Now about the ale....."

"Since you did that quest for me I'll give you this first bottle of ale for free." She said with a smile.

Her generosity shocked me. Never in my life have I met such a trusting creature to a complete stranger. It made me wonder about this land's morale. Of course, I gladly accepted the ale and went on to drinking myself with the purple liquid. It was surprisingly very good in taste giving me the exact buzz I wanted. Now that was worth the headache.

I just worry about what Alduin was doing there in the Hymmer Mountains.