• Published 22nd Nov 2017
  • 4,246 Views, 60 Comments

All Hail the Dragonborn - RedtheDestroyer



On the verge of oblivion, one fearless warrior sets out to the Throat of the World to stop the World Eater from ending the world entirely. The brave hero ends up successfully banishing Alduin into another world at the cost of sending himself too.

  • ...
17
 60
 4,246

Chapter 8: Our Hero Has a Warrior's Heart

Short Spear manage to teleport us after getting out of range of the antimagic field that surround the Dragonlands. By the time we made it back to Ponyvile it was dark out and the last bits of light was sinking in the background. We head for the the Princess Twilight's tree crystal castle. The guard explained what happened while Ember went to recover in the bedroom.

I sat outside in town square enjoying the midnight breeze. It was completely silent which I didn't mind at all. I would often travel alone in Skyrim. Very rarely do I have Lydia fighting with me due to her going on 'buisness trips'. I've grown used to enjoying the peace the wild life offered. That was until nature came to me. Out of the thicket of the forest, creatures of all shapes and sizes made a beeline in my direction. In a panic, I dashed into an alleyway watching the animals follow behind me. I moved faster. How did I end up being chased!?

I turned a sharp corner seeing a bear block my place. His angry scowl told me his current mood. I dodged left avoiding his claws, continuing my full sprint. I ran until I was back at the edge of the forest. I pant heavily turning around to see the approaching crowd of angry animals. I sighed standing up to my full height calming my rapid heart rate.

I then took a deep breath shouting at the top of my lungs: "Kaan Drem Ov!" Almost immediately, the angry horde of animals slowed down to a stop just in front of me. Most of them seem to have calm down tremendously, thanks to my thu'um. I take a better look at the animals seeing peeved expressions on their faces like the anger was barely contained from the shout. "Now, why did you all chase and try to kill me?"

"They don't like creatures that threaten the existence of the Everfree. It's in their nature to protect their home." A familiar feminine voice said.

I whipped my head around trying to pinpoint the voice. The woman came out herself revealing to be the woman that attacked me during my lumber hunt. I tensed up, not sure if she planned to continue from where she left off. "I never got your name the last time we met. I was busy fending off an angry huntress."

She chuckled under her breath; clearly amused at my sense of humor. She waved her hand as the animals retreated back into the forest almost instantly. "Shivah, in the common tounge, that is my name. I'm one of the Nymphs from the Earth tribe." She proclaimed. The moonlight showed thatshe wore leaf garments to cover up her more private areas. "I saw you at the stream. You're not a pony, are you?"

I just stared at her calmly letting the insects make a tune tonight. "No. I'm a Nord from the lands of Skyrim in Tamriel." I said after a silence.

Her eyes widen in both shock and awe. "Wait, you're serious? You come from Mundas?" Shivah asked.

"Yes, but I'd rather not let the locals or any of the ponies know this. I have an ancient foe after me. The locals would be jeopardize with another dragon attack I'll guarantee they would never recover from." I explained.

The Nymph nod understanding my logic. "Do you know your enemy, any chance, by name?"

"They call him: Alduin the World Eater."

Shivah pondered the name. "Would this Alduin happen to be a poweful thu'um user?" She replied. I nod to her question. "Your dragon is up in the West Mountains. I had been sensing abnormal magicka coming off the center of the moutain range for weeks now."

I smirked to myself. Finally a lead at last! "Thanks for all the help, Shivah. I hope that we meet again. I know a place where there is some killer ale." I offered.

"Maybe after your destiny is forfilled. I wouldn't mind a little liquor contest. Just meet me in the clearing east of the forest when you finished your quest." She replied a sly smile spread across her face.

I grunt a confirmation and decide to make my way back to the population of the town. I glanced to my right at a lone bench on the street of the town. I shrugged and positioned myself on the wooden structure to lay in a more comfortable position. Once I found a nice form, I laid my head back;my reality returning to the dream world.


Something was touching me. I groaned before turning over. The feeling returned again this time directed toward my back. Irritated by the disturbance I stir myself awake rising from my sleeping position. I lazily gazed to my left seeing a pair of ponies. One of them was green unicorn. She had bluer green mane and tail with white stripes. The other normal pony looked to be a plain yellow, dark purple curly mane and tail with a large pink stripe in the middle. These two ponies were staring at me like they expected me to do something.

"Yes? Can I help you?" I asked a little awkwardly shifting out of my laying position. It didn't help my back any better.

"Sorry, but could you move off of the bench, please, uh... We kind of sit here usually in the mornings." The green unicorn replied.

I sighed. Of course, just how my life went to be, huh? "Sure. I just needed to rest for one night anyway." I got up allowing the pony couple to sit instead.

I fished into my pouch feeling the 'bits' jingle in my fingers. "Looks like a perfect day to restock and get some errons done."

And so I head over to the market area taking a detour to the smith. Spark Forge sat in the furnace beating some more metal on the avail. I cleared my throat which caught her attention. Her eyes seem to brighten at my appearance. "Oh, it's you again! How was your journey?" She asked.

I unsheathed my favorite greatsword placing it on the counter leaning over it slightly. "How about that metalwork that you promised several days ago. It would be nice to work the forge once more." I replied.

Sparks nod motioning for me to come in. I walked in and we quickly got to work. She new a lot about smithing in general. If it came to the craft itself, she would be the master, but she didn't quite understand the design I made my weapon in. So we spent half of the time talking about Nordian culture and the making of Nord swords. She seem to absorb it like a living sponge, and before I noticed she had a brand new greatsword repaired in no time. Of course, I had to redue the enchantments. She found it really cool when I carved the runes before her eyes.

Finally, we finished rejuvenating my sword completely. "Perfect." I commented examining the finer details of the greatsword. Everything was correctly in place now. Sparks wide smile grew hearing my compliment.

"That's good to hear. And now for the price," I turned around waiting for her price range. "Two-hundred bits."

I nod thinking it's a reasonable price since I did most of the work. "Alright, here it is Sparks." I hand her two-hundred of the bits in my pouch.

She smiled warmly. "Nice doing business with you. Maybe we can craft together again one day."

A small smile emerged from behind my helmet. "Sure thing. When I'm around again." I held my hand out until Sparks shook it firmly. We went our separate ways afterwards.

I eventually walked up to Twilight's castle noticing the lack of guards outside. I knock loudly enough on the crystal blue doors to hear my pounding echo wordlessly throughout the halls. It didn't take long for Spike the dragon to answer the call again. He looked shockingly more tired than he should have been this morning; judging by the bags under his eyes was any indication. He softly groaned rubbing his eyes to see me more clearly.

"You don't look so good, Spike. What kept you up so late?" I asked.

Spike just blankly stared at me letting a silent yawn escape his mouth which he covered using one claw. "Oh, you know how Twilight is... Once Twilight discovers something she stays up pretty late to get the job done. Since Owlicious disappeared a couple of weeks ago, I had to stay up with her just about all night." He said.

I nod understanding the feeling. "I see. What did she discover that deserved this kind of treatment?"

Spike sighed clearly wanting to sleep in longer rather than talk to me. "She said something about discovering the power of a soul? That what I heard at least. You can come in if you like. Just close the door behind you.... I'll be off to bed. I'm still a baby dragon after all." He declared before heading off to his soft bed sheets.

I did what he asked of me before heading into the libtary again to speak with Twilight. My guess seemed to be correct seeing her scan seven books simultaneously in her magic. Deep in thought searching for answers, she didnt seem to notice me walking in. I coughed just enough for it to echo across the room. Her train of thought tumbled dispelling the books in her magical grip.

I chuckled, to her dismay, watching her search through the books by hand. "Sorry about the disturbance, princess. I just so happen to come by when you were busy."

She didn't seem too distressed by my comment. "No. It's alright. I wasn't getting very far anyway. What brings you to my castle?"

"Do you remember what I said about Alduin, right?" I asked. She nod sensing my serious undertone about the subject. "I just got word from a friend of mine that the drake is located somewhere called the West Mountains. A mountain range around here."

Twilight's eyes widen in realization. "Of course. That mountain range is not far from the center of Equis. It would be the perfect place to stage any attack on all angles and different kingdoms."

"Which is why I need to get there as fast as possible." I said firmly.

"I appreciate your enthusiastic behavior, but this needs to be a group effort. If what Dragonlord Ember said is true, then Alduin will be well supplied with dragon troops. Some might have strange abilities similar to your own powers. Let me relay this new information to Commander Bolt Shield to make a effective plan of action. Until then you are to stand down and protect Ponyvile from incoming dragon attacks." She replied authority laced in her words.

"Of course, your majesty." I replied feeling my heart ache. I remembered the sad truth about this new war. It is all my fault. Alduin would never be able to find this world if I didn't use the elder scroll to place him back between the timestream. Maybe Azura was punishing me for my foolish act of pride. I was born and shaped to kill this ancient evil.

My fists tighten watching Twilight Sparkle go back to research mode. I exit shortly after heading for the Whinning Pony, my head held up high. I knew what to do now.


Alduin had taken a moment to take to the skies for a day. Feeling the air against his scales was refreshing, but it is not what he came outside his forming kingdom for. No, he was heading to a graveyard. A very ancient one at that. A servant flew beside him showing the ancient drake the ancient burial at a more practical viewpoint.

The burial was placed between two cliffs that a waterfall split the caving groind over time to make a ravine. Man-made stones jut out of the grass that entangled the rubble and the water tries to erode away, but it remained. Alduin smiled to himself diving toward the thousands of burials dotting across this specific landscape.

The servant seem to panic. "M-My Lord! We should wait for our soldiers to scout out the terrain to get a better understanding of what have-"

Alduin stopped mid-flap glancing back at his subordinate threateningly growling. "Do you doubt my wisdom, dovah aar?"

The servant had no clue what he said, but he could make out it was a threat, so he backpedalled. "Of course not, my Lord! I would never doubt your judgement. I just suggest that we should inspect the lands more thoroughly for anyone that might foolishly try to stop you."

Alduin didn't seem to be satisfied with his response, but seem to not want to push it further. "A good suggestion, but I came here with an important task in mind. It shouldn't take very long."

The servant stared back at the World Eater confused by his purpose at an ancient cemetery. The ancient dovah circled the graves before boldly shouting:

"Slen tiid val!"

Suddenly the tops to all of the grave stones, in the cemetery, burst into tiny rubble pieces simultaneously causing Alduin's servant to jump at the collective sound. There was a long silence that followed after, and the servant wondered exactly what his Lord had done to the graves. Then the true horror began.

The rubble was slowly tossed aside revealing claws and skeletons of dragons, long since dead, rise from the pits of their resting places. Thousands of walking dragon skeletons staring intently at one Dovah in the sky: Alduin. Almost like in a cheesy villain movie, the skeletons, one at a time, bowed to Alduin repeating his name like a god-worshipping disciples. The servant hovered there completely flabbergasted by this change in events. Never has this drake seen any dragon being able to preform actual magic, especially necromancy. One by one, the dovahs formed the rest of their body parts such as scales, eyes, and organs.

Once the process was complete, the thousands of reassembled, strong dovahs made Alduin smile in satisfaction. He knew earning their trust will take just a little adjusting. Unlike these other weaker dovahs, he had made into his personal zaams, these were the true dov. The weaker dragon's ancestors, from thousands of years ago, buried in the ground, waiting patiently.

"Greetings my fellow dovah. I heard your pleas from your thunderous thu'ums! The dov seek to take down those pesky prey animals and their feeble magic attempts. My brothers and sisters, I, the firstborn of the Dov, have come to take Equis under our reign!" The crowd of ancient dragons roared to life shaking the very foundation of the earth to its core. Alduin smiled at their spirit, but it dropped when he remembered a troublesome nuisance that needed to be dealt with. The World Eater raised his claw as the roar of the dov slowly died down to silence once more. "However, in order to succeed we need to kill one pony- no. One Nord male known as Dovahkiin. The Dovahkiin are still among us. And as long as they are they will continue to be a threat that needs to be dealt with swiftly. Only then will the dov prosper into a new era ruled by the dov! Bormahu, our father Akatosh, be own witness!"

The crowd of dragons roared again whole heartedly joining his cause. Alduin's toothy smile threaten to split his face completely. "Come my brothers and sisters, let us go to war once more!" Alduin finished. A huge gust of wind blew around signalling to any landwalker just how many dragons took to the skies. They flew higher into the sky seeming to test out their powers they haven't used in ages for the up coming battle. The World Eater looked to his servant again seeing his eyes glued to the just assembled army of angry drakes. Alduin growled. "Dovah aar."

The severant immediately turned to him with a worried and scared expession. "Y-Yes, my Lord?"

"Fly off to the lesser dov. I need them all ready for the front lines." The Firstborn replied sternly. The servant nodded rapidly before taking off back to Alduin's last-minute assembled castle-cave. "Since you are a half dovah, Dovahkiin, I'll give you a warrior's death. But don't expect any mercy from me either. Your demise will come this battle field." Alduin took to the skies with his follow Dovah as they head to their prey's capital.