• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 346 Views, 6 Comments

Through the soul of friendship - ShieldStar



Reed is an avid spelunker in his free time, but lately the dark things that have plagued him all his life have been growing stronger, and now threaten his daily life.

  • ...
 6
 346

Chapter 23

Through the soul of friendship
Fanfication by Shield Star
23

A beam of yellow light came shooting out of the surrounding darkness it's warm glow pierce the vail of shadow like warm sunbeams. The void filled air shook around them as Solus shrieked in pain and rage. Reed spread his arms wide as if to give the beam a warm hug. It struck him in the chest and his aura flared bright. Solus's shadows retreating in the intense flash of light and power. Star shielded her eyes from the light and was soon blinking in the overly bright light of the storm. They had made it out of Solus! The roiling mass of shadows billowed and squirmed behind them. All the shadow risen dead crumpled to the ground some disintegrating entirely; as the dark power was sucked back into the roiling mass on shadow.

Reed turned to face the looming mass. "NOW it is my turn!" Reed raised his arms to his chest, slamming his fists against his Breast before flinging his hands towards Solus, fingers splayed.

“Come, come darkness unto me.

Let my light set you free.”

The roiling mass started to spin and funnel toward Reed's out stretched hands. The auric light also spinning in a cone towards the dark mist.

“Come, come darkness unto me.

Let my light finally let you see.”

The light coming off of Reed was like a small sun, if it weren't for the rain no one could have look at the sight directly. The rain caught and refracted the light, causing the landscape to sparkle and dance. The powerful yellow beam revitalized, and healed the damage and wounds of all it touched.

“Come, come Darkness unto me.

Let the light me heal thee.”

Now the roiling shadows were swirling in to a compact orb between Reed's hands. Solus screamed and raged, spears of darkness shot out, only to be stopped by arcs of yellow light, before being funneled back in.

“Come, come darkness unto me.

Let me seal you so others can be.”

"Twilight! Ready the elements in case this doesn't work." Reed shouted over his shoulder over the cries of Solus and the cracks of lightning.
"In case what doesn't work? The elements didn't work before!" Twilight shouted back, trying to gather her friends and pick their way through the scattered remains of the horde.
"They'll work trust me!" The roiling mass of shadows was almost gone now a small form could be seen in what was left of the dark mist. The spinning cone of light sped up and the arcs of lightning writhed, striking all around the small figure.

An arc of red lightning shot from the figure at Reed but was meet with an arc of yellow. A second arc of red shot past exploding harmlessly on the dirt. “Stop Fighting Solus! Let Me Help You!” a scream of pain and rage was all that was given in reply. Solus charged the blood red eye locked, hand gripping a blood red sword, point aimed for Reeds heart. “come in, and rest.” Reed whispered.

The point of the sword struck its mark. There was a great sucking sound like a huge plug had been pulled from an equally large tub. There was a moment before the sword slide into Reed and kept sliding. It did not however, slide out the other side.

Solus tried to let go backpedaling hard, but it was too late. With a might whoosh and a KRACK of yellow Lightning. Solus, the sword, and all the Darkness that Reed had gathered in his hands, was sucked in to Reed’s Chest.

With a mighty BOOM, the sky was split with sunlight. The storm dissipated leaving only a few cloud to lazily drip rain on the land.

Author's Note:

Cliff hanger! Chapter 23 is up! Tell me what you guys think.