• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 346 Views, 6 Comments

Through the soul of friendship - ShieldStar



Reed is an avid spelunker in his free time, but lately the dark things that have plagued him all his life have been growing stronger, and now threaten his daily life.

  • ...
 6
 346

Chapter 2

Through the soul of friendship

Fanfication by ShieldStar

2

Fluttershy and Twilight where galloping as fast as ponies possibly could.

"What are they?" Fluttershy asked.

"What?"

"I said what are they?" Fluttershy asked again a little louder.

"Shadow Nightmares!"

"SHADOW NIGHTMARES!" Fluttershy redoubled her speed.

The shadow nightmares made little sound as they chasten their prey. The only sound was their growls and snarls of hunger. A steady thudding made its way closer to Twilight's and Fluttershy's ears. Their own galloping hooves beating a wild ta-to.

"GO! GO! GO!" A gravelly voice shouted behind them. Twilight shot a burst of red light above them. A moment later a monster picked her and Fluttershy up.

-

At the northern gates of Canterlot Oak Hammer and Night Shield where trading watches with each other.

"Long day?"

"You have no idea." Oak Hammer replied. Night Shield chuckled. A red light shot into the air.

"Uh, Oak it looks like the day just got longer."

"Damn, go get a squad ready I’ll watch till you get back."

"Right!"

"Night, I want them alive this time!"

"We'll get 'em!" Night shouted back, then to himself, "I promise."

Reed push himself to stay ahead of the moving shadows. He had fought to catch the horses only to find that they were ponies, but not like the ponies he knew. These were smaller and brightly colored. Instead of earth tones they were purple and yellow and their manes look like they had been dyed. Another thing was their heads were shaped differently. Bigger eyes and shorter noses.

The shadow were closing in and, judging by the noise, about to eat them. The ponies weren't fast enough, their shorter legs allowing the shadows to gain!

'But I am.' Reed thought.

"GO! GO! GO!" He shouted in hope of scaring them faster. It didn't.

The purple one shot what looked like a flare in to the sky. The Shadow Nightmares backed off a little, but quickly recovered the distance lost. Reed made a snap decision. Drawing even with them he pick them up. Reed found that they were surprisingly light for their size. Screams deafened him. They kicked and bit like mad desperately trying to break his hold. Reed dealt with it, about sixty yards, till he all most dropped the purple one.

"ENOUGH! IT'S ALL READY HARD ENOUGH WITH OUT YOUR WIGGLI-'gasp'!" Reed's shout was cut off by a bolt of magic striking him in the arm. Galloping hooves and more bolts came from ahead. Another bolt hit his leg. Stubbing he dropped both ponies. They galloped past a moment later. Catching himself he looked up at a group of ponies. Then a cold sharpness dug into his left side.

Author's Note:

Hello ! Second Chapter is up! Tell me what you think and if you spot typos!