• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 3,635 Views, 291 Comments

Latex and Lace - starshine_dash

  • ...
9
 291
 3,635

Changes

Over the next few days, the guest room underwent further changes. The entire thing was now coated in a thick layer of green resin that looked black unless the light hit it just right. There were eight small alcoves big enough for a foal to curl up, padded with whatever cushioning Vinyl could gather, which turned out to be custom fitted pillows once Octavia managed to bring measurements to the Carousel Boutique.

Eventually, the guest room was finished, and Vinyl was finally able to overcome the urge to keep building the hive now that the nesting area was finished. Unfortunately, she was still unable to hold any form other than her natural one for longer than a few minutes at a time, so she decided it would be best to remain home until she gave birth or something else happened.

After a couple of weeks had passed, Vinyl had grown quite pregnant. It now could not be denied that she was going to have at least three foals, given the size of her stomach. Despite the short time, her belly had grown sufficiently that it became difficult for the DJ to move. She spent most of her time in her nest, with Octavia by her side making sure that she had everything she needed.

"Tavi?"

"Yes, Vinyl?" the earth pony asked, looking up from her reading. She had gotten absorbed in one of the newer Daring Do novels while her marefriend ate dinner.

"You're having the kids next time."

"Yes, Vinyl," she replied with a smirk, kissing her marefriend on the cheek, "How are you feeling?"

"I feel like one of Pinkie's balloons."

Octavia smiled and rubbed along her marefriend's back, "If I could help, I would, dear."

"There's gotta be a spell or something! If there's one that can make somepony a colt, there's one that can go the other way."

Tilting her head, the earth pony blinked a few times, "Well, we can ask Miss Sparkle to look something up for when the Doctor comes back. I'm more than willing to help share the burden, once we find out how many foals are actually in there."

"I'm amazed I haven't exploded yet."

"It's probably part of your changeling anatomy adapting. You'll be fine," she said reassuringly before giving the mare a kiss and trotting downstairs, "I'll be back in a moment, I'll go ask Twilight."

Groaning, Vinyl tried to roll over, but found her overgrown stomach in the way, "You kids better appreciate this..." she muttered before levitating another book over in front of her. She'd read more in the past week than she had in the last three years. It's not like she had anything else to do. Well, at least Octavia kept her limbs working with resistance training once she found out she could no longer get up. It would be nice to be able to stand though, she thought.

The cellist, meanwhile, trotted her way through Ponyville to the library and the home of the smartest unicorn she had ever met and definitely one of the friendliest, "Miss Sparkle? Are you in?" she asked after entering the main room and seeing it empty yet again.

Spike appeared from behind a stack of books, covered in dust, "She's down in her lab. Can I help you, Octavia?"

She hemmed and hawed for a moment, "Well, normally yes, but this situation is delicate and requires her skills in magic."

"That's fine, I'll get her," the little dragon said, wandering towards a door in the back of the room and opening it, heading downstairs, "Twilight! Company!" he shouted once he was halfway down.

The unicorn appeared in the main room in a flash of light with a smile, "Welcome to Ponyv- Octavia! How are you? How is Vinyl, I haven't seen her in days and she always passes by the library on her way to Sugarcube Corner at least once a day."

"The pregnancy has had some unexpected complications. She's currently bedridden due to her size."

"Already? But she just barely..."

"Yes, It's probably something to do with her changeling parts. I came by to ask if you had a method of changing me into a functional mare for the rest of their gestation, if Doctor House would approve when he arrives next week."

"Functional, what do you... Oh! Right, I forgot, sorry."

"It's no problem. Actually, it's flattering."

"Anyway, that should be no problem, there is a spell that can last 10 months for use on stallions in homosexual relationships that want children. I'll be sure to look it up."

"Also, if there is a way to transfer an egg or fetus without danger to the foal or the mother..."

"I'm sure I can find something, when does the doctor arrive?"

Octavia looked at the wall calendar that was filled with important information and appointments, "He said he would arrive Thursday afternoon of next week when we last spoke."

"Alright, I'll be over around noon then to discuss the spell with you. There are a few preparations you'll need to make."

"Very well, I will see you Thursday."

"Have a good day, Octavia!" Twilight called as the earth pony left the building. She turned around waved as Twilight closed the door and began to rampage through the library looking for the proper spells.

Octavia made a brief stop at the market and Sugarcube Corner to procure dinner and a treat for her pregnant marefriend before returning to her home. Entering, she dropped off her groceries in the kitchen before bringing the slice of chocolate cake up to Vinyl, "I'm home, Vi, and I brought you cake."

"You brought me cake!?" the DJ said with an excited gleam in her eye, reaching out for the bag with her magic.

"Of course I did, you looked like you could use a pick-me-up. I'll be downstairs cooking dinner, so, save that for afterwards."

"Alright, I will," she said, reluctantly floating it over to one of the shelves she had made.

Dinner and the evening passed, much the same way they had for the last week, each day crawling inevitably toward the appointed Thursday when House Call and Twilight would hopefully be able to find some way to lessen the strain on Vinyl's body. As Octavia was serving her incapacitated marefriend lunch, she decided to poke a little fun at the unicorn.

"You know, you're eating enough for at least ten ponies."

"Don't even joke like that!" she said, putting a hoof against her stomach, "I don't think we can handle that many foals!"

The cellist giggled, "I'm sure we'd be able to handle it just fine. I'm finally starting to see residuals from the last recording I released, and your tracks are selling even better now that I have Nash properly marketing them. You are good at producing it, but you can't sell it worth horseapples, dear."

"I'm well aware now..." she muttered as she ate another daisy sandwich. She was just about finished wit the giant stack of food when there came a knock at the door downstairs, "That'll be Twilight..."

Octavia excused herself and went to open the door, seeing the familiar unicorn mare standing there with a smile on her face, "Hello, Octavia! I have a series of spells that I think will be just perfect, but the Doctor should perform a couple of them instead of me... I'm not familiar enough with internal anatomy to be able to make the correct incisions."

"That's fine, Twilight, I'm just glad you could find the spells we need. Come upstairs and say hi to Vinyl, though, do try not to flip out at the state of the room. She's had some nesting instincts take over."

"Oh, I'm sure it will be fine," she said, following the cellist upstairs, "Nothing much can shock-" her statement was cut off by the sight before her. It was a room out of a changeling hive, but in better condition than she had ever seen, "Nesting instincts... right... You're looking... Well?"

Vinyl rolled her eyes, "I look like your hot air balloon, Twi."

"I uh, didn't want to say..." the student said with a blush.

The DJ waved a hoof, "So, did you find any spells?"

"I found a few, actually, but I need to discuss them with House Call before any are performed. I think we should be able to ease your burden a little though."

"Thank Celestia! I just want to actually see the outside world again."

Another knock sounded at the door and Octavia descended the stairs yet again.

"So, Twilight, You wanna take one of these foals off my womb for a while?"

Twilight giggled, "I'd love to see my family's reaction, but I think they'd be better off with their biological parents."

Vinyl shrugged as Octavia returned upstairs with Doctor House, "Thought I'd ask. Hey, doc."

"Vinyl," the unicorn stallion said, "You're looking further along than I expected. Twilight Sparkle, how good to see you again. I trust you're sticking to the exercise regimen I prescribed before you left?"

"Yes, Doctor..."

"Good, let me examine Miss Scratch, and then we can discuss these spells you've found," he said, moving over to the bed and beginning his examination.

After minutes of silence, he stood back, "Well, it appears I was wrong initially. You're currently carrying eight healthy foals. Their growth seems to be incredibly fast, though I suspect that Changelings are capable of rapid breeding and growth like many insects. Instead of the full ten months, I believe you should be giving birth in two more months, though it may be sooner. However, given the size of you, and the growth rate of the foals... I'm going to have to recommend aborting several of them unless a suitable surrogate is found immediately."

"Doctor," spoke Twilight, stepping forward, "Octavia has volunteered to be a surrogate, and I have found a few spells to transfer fetuses from one mare to another. I'll need to use an advanced gender realignment spell on her, but she would be capable of handling at least two of the foals."

"Vinyl won't survive even with six, unless something else has been found."

"Well... It's experimental, but, I thought perhaps that we could use..."

The two unicorns spent over an hour discussing procedures, spells, and methods of transfer that left the two mare's heads (and mine) spinning. Eventually, however, a decision was reached. The two turned toward the earth pony who was in the process of nuzzling her marefriend and asked a difficult question.

"Octavia. Are you sure? The magic we are casting... You may not full return to normal, if at all."

"I'm sure. These are my foals too, and I don't want to lose any of them."

"Understood, if you would get on the... platform, next to Vinyl, we can get started."

The cellist obliged, giving Vinyl a kiss and a reassuring smile while the unicorn was still trying to absorb what was about to happen, "So, you're sure all my foals will be fine, right?"

"If we can't transplant them to Octavia, we can create eggs for them to mature in like a changeling would."

"Okay."

The two unicorns began to work, the two mares laying on the bed falling asleep as the sedative spell took effect.


The sun had gone down and the moon had come up and long ago somebody left with the cup... Wait, that's a different thing...


The sun had sunk low in the sky by the time the unicorns finished their work and roused the sleeping pair, "Vinyl? Octavia? We're done..." Twilight said softly as their eyes fluttered open.

"What happened?" Vinyl asked, looking around nervously even as she overcame the last effects of the sleeping spell.

"We managed to transfer three foals to Octavia, and we left three with you. The other two we had to construct eggs for or there would be no other way for them to survive. They're right over there," House Call explained, pointing to two glistening green eggs sturdily attached to the floor, "They'll be fine, don't worry. Would you like to know what you're having?"

Octavia and Vinyl shared a look and they both softly shook their heads before the both tried standing up. Vinyl sighed happily and then groaned as she felt the aches and pains catch up with her. Octavia simply grunted as she stood, getting used to her now swollen stomach, "This... will take some time to get used to."

"I can stand again, that's something. Thanks, Doc!" Vinyl said, giving the doctor a one-legged hug, needing the other three to support herself, "and you, Twi!" she repeated her action with the lavender mare.

"Well, I'm glad that everything turned out well. I'll be back at the library if you two need anything."

They all nodded and Twilight excused herself. House Call looked at the clock on the wall and blinked, "My, that took longer than I thought. Given recent events, I believe I'll stay at Ponyville General until you two birth your foals so that I don't have to travel all the way from Canterlot when the time comes. I'll be by to check on you every few days as the time draws near, just to make sure nothing goes wrong."

"Thanks, Doc," Vinyl said with a smile. The doctor quickly excused himself and exited their home, making his way off into the evening.

"Well... Since you can move again, what say we go out for dinner?" Octavia asked, nuzzling up to her DJ.

"That sounds wonderful, Tavi!"

The cellist smiled and began to make her way downstairs, "With all this love I've been feeding you, you look almost like your old self."

Vinyl giggled and cast a spell, "And those books Twilight brought help me get the rest of the way," she said as she took on her usual public shape, save for the distended belly.

Octavia winced as one of the foals kicked, "This will definitely take some getting used to."