• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 3,634 Views, 291 Comments

Latex and Lace - starshine_dash

  • ...
9
 291
 3,634

Problems

Days passed, slipping into a week or two before one fateful morning brought their world to a halt. Vinyl woke up and groaned, sprinting to the bathroom and heaving up what little remained of her dinner from the previous night. Octavia rushed to her marefriend's side, holding her mane out of the way.

"Vi, are you alright?" she asked, when the violent heaving stopped, the bowl coated in a sickly green ichor that was rapidly hardening, "What the hay did you eat?"

"Just what you fed me..." the unicorn said, gagging and hocking up another thick green glob, "Though, that is weird..."

"We should get you to the doctor, he might know."

Vinyl waved the earth pony off with a hoof, "No, I'm fine, really..." she said before she hiccuped. The green fire flashed and she looked like her marefriend, but with inverted colors.

Octavia watched as her love continued to hiccup, ending up in several particularly hilarious forms, including their mutual friend Rarity's colors on Applejack's form, "Are you sure?"

"Just... go to Twilight, get her to send a letter, it'd be quicker for the physician to come here," Vinyl said with a moan before hiccuping again and looking exactly like the aforementioned unicorn, only neon pink and green.

"Right, I'll be right back, you go lay down and try not to change into anything pointy," she said with a smirk and then trotted out, heading toward's the library.

Vinyl, meanwhile, went through a few more changes before ending up in her default form, that of the hybrid of changeling and unicorn she was. Looking at herself in the mirror, it seemed that a steady diet of love and regular meals was doing her some good. Her coat had brightened and her eyes were no longer insectoid. The carapace on her stomach seemed to be softening as well as that on her legs. It seemed like malnutrition was the only thing keeping changelings from looking relatively normal. The fangs were still there, though. A strange urge overtook her as she exited the bathroom and made for the empty guest room. Flopping on the bed, she began to cough up more of that strange green gunk.

Octavia reached the library in record time and entered after taking a moment to catch her breath. Twilight had left the door open to enjoy the breeze that had graced Ponyville that day, "Miss Sparkle?" she called out into the library as the unicorn mare was nowhere to be seen.

Twilight appeared from the kitchen, "Ah! Octavia! How are you?"

"I am well, Vinyl is not. I was wondering if perhaps you could send a letter to the Princess for me?"

"Sure, anything for a friend, what's wrong?" the unicorn said as she began to pen a letter.

"The castle physician is familiar with Vinyl's condition. We would like him to come down here and examine her. This morning she woke up ill and began to cough up some thick green... Ichor is the word that comes to mind. Then she began to hiccough, causing her form to shift rapidly. When I last left she had become a neon pink and green version of yourself."

Twilight blinked and finished the letter, "There, I've written down everything you told me. Spike!"

The dragon wandered down stairs, obviously still half-asleep, "Yeah, Twilight?" he asked groggily, coming over to stand next to the pair.

"I need you to send this to the Princess."

Spike nodded and took the scroll, burning it to nothing with his green flame, "Can I go back to bed now?"

"No, you can't. We have to reorganize the reference section and we only got up to B."

Octavia just grinned as the little drake pouted, "Well, thank you for sending the letter, Twilight, I should return home and see if Vinyl is feeling any better."

"Alright, I'll send the doctor right over when he gets here."

"Thank you," the earth pony said before vanishing out the door and galloping home. Upon her arrival back at her house, she heard some strange noises from upstairs. Figuring that Vinyl was being sick again, she went up.

The sounds weren't coming from the bathroom, however, they were coming from the guest bedroom. Confused, Octavia slowly opened the door. The sight before her almost caused her mind to shut down. The entire room was coated in some kind of resin, resembling how she imagined a changeling hive would look. On one of the walls, Vinyl, shed of her disguise, was hovering in the air and hacking more green slime onto the walls, spreading it around to fill in gaps.

"V-Vinyl?!"

The creature spun in the air and looked at the pony with a predatory grin before shaking its head and dropping to the ground, "Tavi... W-what?"

"You uh, seem to have been remodeling... The doctor should be here soon. Hopefully he can explain this."

"I... I don't know what happened. This urge came over me. I had to build a nest."

"A... nest?" Octavia said, blinking a few times before her jaw dropped in shock, "Vi, I think that party may have had some... consequences."

"What do you..." The DJs face quickly mirrored her marefriends, "No... No way!"

"It... would explain a few things..."

"W-Well, let's wait and see what the doctor says..."

A few hours later there came a knock on the door. Octavia opened it and saw a unicorn with a gray coat and blue mane, bearing a caduceus cutie mark, "Octavia Philharmonica? I am the Princess' personal physician House Call. I hear there is some problem with Vinyl?"

"Yes, please come in, she's upstairs in the first room on your left. Mind you, the room has undergone some remodeling."

"I see..." he said, walking up the stairs. The pair entered the room and the doctor looking around, "I see what you mean. I guess I was correct in surmising she was exhibiting some nesting tendencies... We know very little about changelings, but we do know they create their hives out of a resin they produce inside their bodies..."

"Doctor House!" Vinyl called, appearing from a little hole near the previous location of the bed, "Thanks for coming!"

"Vinyl, how are you? I heard about what happened."

"We... I... I think I might be pregnant?" she said with a smirk and a raised eyebrow, looking shyly confused.

"I didn't think that would be possible... but, I have been wrong before," he said, stepping forward and setting his bag down before he began to conduct a magical scan on his charge.

Octavia and Vinyl waited in silence as his brow furrowed and relaxed as the scan proceeded. He finished and nodded, pulling out a pad of prescriptions and writing a few down before handing them over, "Well, Vinyl... You are currently hosting six eggs, all of which appear to be growing fine. Since you are nesting, you will probably be laying them soon and they will finish their development outside of your body. If not, then they may self-abort into a survivable number of foals. I really can't say. These prescriptions will help with nutrient loss, nausea, and mood swings until you either lay the eggs or give birth. If you do lay the eggs, remember to feed them some love every few hours or they may decay. However, this is all conjecture as you are the only unicorn-changeling hybrid on record."

"So, doc... I'm pregnant?"

"I believe so, yes. It's too early to tell, honestly. They may be infertile. I will return in a month to check up on you. Until then, I'd advise that you two refrain from having intercourse without a condom."

"Of course, doctor."

"Well, I'm sure you two have much to discuss, so I will see myself out. I will see you in a month."

The doctor gathered his bag and left, leaving the couple alone in the hive room. They looked at each other carefully before falling into an embrace. Vinyl was the first to speak, "I don't know whether to squeal with joy and scream in terror."

"Well, dearest, I think we should wait and see what happens. Like the doctor said, it's probably too early to tell..."

The DJ nodded, "You're right, Tavi... Let's wait and see."