• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 3,454 Views, 43 Comments

An Apple Blossom - Foal Star



Apple Bloom decided to add something extra to the love potion during Heart and hooves day. The side effects were unexpected to say the least.

  • ...
8
 43
 3,454

Chapter 5: The CMC goes to Cheerilee's house

The school day, for the most part, had gone along normally minus the occasional interruption from Blossom. Diamond had made less of a fuss each time she had to change a diaper reduced to groans by the end of it. As the class emptied out the schoolhouse, the cutie mark crusaders came up the front watching Cheerilee packing up papers and homework she had to grade. Blossom was playing with Diamond who was jingling some keys for her.

Cheerilee looked up as she put the last paper into her saddlebag smiling warmly at the fillies. “Oh Apple Bloom, is there something you need? Shouldn’t you be heading home?”

Apple Bloom thought carefully then spoke. “Yeah but we just wanted to play with Blossom some.” She approached the playpen and watched as Blossom cooed and was in the process of making another block tower like she’d done many times before. Blossom paused and started back up at Apple Bloom tilting her head. “Hey B-big mac,” she said, but the filly wasn’t reacting to the name.


Sweetie Belle took a rattle and floated it near Blossom giving the toy a light shake. The foal squeaked as she snatched it and resumed shaking it herself accidentally bonking Sweetie on the nose when she leaned too close. “Ophf”

Cheerilee awed and soon had her bag packed and started picking up the toys. “Oh she must like you,” she said, getting Blossom settled into her stroller.

Sweetie Belle blushed, “I guess so...but uh Cheerilee...there’s um something we need to tell you.”

Cheerilee got the straps snug on Blossom as she explained. “Alright how about you tell me at my house would you mind coming over for a little bit? I need some help with Blossom while I fix myself and her dinner ill ever feed you two for the help.”

The fillies all shrugged as Applebloom sighed “Sure why not, I don’t think my sis will mind me being a bit late.”

As the group left the schoolhouse, Tiara came over and hugged Blossom. “Bye Blossom I'll see you tomorrow.”

Cheerilee dawwed, “oh you two are bonding how wonderful.”

Tiara just gave a deep blush before running off and the cutie mark crusaders just burst into fits of laughter.


The Crusaders stayed quiet thinking over what to say for the few minutes it took to get to Cheerilee’s house. Upon entering they noticed Cheerilee's house was a mess with stray diapers lying about and the kitchen filled with empty jars of foal food and empty foal bottles scattered over her counter. The new mother placed Blossom in her playpen with blocks and plushies. She then cooed “okay you four play nicely and i'll make some num nums okay?”

The fillies nodded waiting until Cheerilee walked off to the kitchen before whispering to each other. Apple Bloom turned and asked, “so how should we break it to Cheerilee that Blossom is my Big Bro?” She looked over at Blossom who had taken a block and was drooling all over it.

Sweetie Belle gulped looking at Apple Bloom “I think you should go to Zecora’s now. We’ll keep Cheerilee occupied.”

Apple Bloom rubbed her neck and shuffled her hooves “Well I guess I do know the way better. But why not tell her together?”

“Cause she is acting kind of weird,” Scootaloo commented. “What if she runs off or something?”

Sweetie Belle nodded. “Yeah we need to keep her calm so she doesn't freak out. That potion really has her in mother bear mode.”

Apple.Bloom got up and sighed, “alright good luck, tell Cheerilee I forgot to do chores or something.” With that, she turned and left soon speeding into a gallop towards the Everfree forest. ‘I really hope Zecora not out gatherin.”

The other fillies turned to Blossom watching as the foal grunted and messed herself without a care. Sweetie Belle squeaked. “uh...I don't know how to change a diaper.”

Scootaloo got up and peeked her head in the kitchen. “Cheerilee, Blossom needs a diaper change.” Her nose scrunched up a bit.

“Don’t worry it can wait till I’m done making dinner, just keep an eye on her,” She responded, cutting up carrots int tiny chunks with perssion and wearing her apron.

Scootaloo groaned but mumbled, “alright, we will.” She stumbled back over to the foal bouncing in her messy diaper gurgling. Sweetie Belle held her close “hey don't do that!”

Scootaloo came over and shook keys “hey Blossom look at the pretty keys.” then started shaking them over her and watched as Blossom tried grabbing them babbling as Sweetie Belle grumbled as she scrunched her nose from the stench “Apple Bloom is going to owe us big time when she gets back.”

Scootaloo nodded “oh yeah she's going to do our homework or something!” Her nose twitched the smell. “phew.”

---------

Apple Bloom panted as her long trek to the Everfree finished. She caught her breath staring at the canopy. She gulped a little and heading inside. She felt both guilt and conflicted over changing Cheerilee and Big Mac back but it was for the better good. It being all her fault didn’t help matters. After another five minutes of careful weaving her way through the forest, she finally came to Zecora’s hut. She hurried up the door and knocked. “Zecora, I gotta talk to ya.” she called out, worried when there wasn’t an immediate response. She waited a minute at the door pacing back and forth thinking of going out there to find her when said Zecora came out of the foliage and smiled at the filly. She hurried up to Zecora speaking fanatically. “It’s all my fault,” she blurted ears flat on her head.

Zecora tilted her head puzzled and concerned all at the same time. “Apple Bloom what’s the worry? Why are you in such a hurry?”

“I-I was just trying to make Cheerilee and Big mac fall in love so I and my friends brewed this potion from this heart na hooves day book but I added some Hearts Desire and,” she gulped seeing Zecora stern expression. “I know I shouldn't have gone messin with potions again but I didn’t know it would turn my brother into a filly and a foal. Ya gotta help me. Cheerilee thinks she's her daughter.”

Zecora blinked stunned as she growled,“ ok Apple Bloom I'll make a cure but you'll be in trouble for sure!” The alchemist moved into her hut flipping open a similar book to the one that had contained the love potion recipe. “The potion was not meant for love pure, but a warning that is for sure.”

Apple Bloom looked at the fine print and groaned. “How we miss that part. You can fix this right?”

Zecora eyed her shaking her head in disappointment. “Maybe if you came to me we could have avoided this catastrophe.” She began grunting some flowers into a bowl. “Potion making is no easy task, you should know the first hoof how it can pass.”

Apple Bloom sighed “I know I’m sorry, I swear I'm never ever going to make a potion without your help ever again.”

Zecora nodded accepting the apology as she got to work. “that is good you learned your lesson. Now listen well, can you help me make this potion so we can break this spell?”

Apple Bloom saluted as she exclaimed, “i'll do my best Zecora you can count on me!” she then ran off to gather potion supplies.

---------


Apple Bloom finished telling Zecora all about the day’s events as they approached Cheerilee’s place, the sound of a happy filly laughing being hard. “I feel kind of bad doing this. Cheerilee just seems so happy with a child of her own.” She said, before pushing the door open hearing sounds from the kitchen.


She peeked in seeing the surprising sight of her two friends wearing bibs and blushing at Cheerilee's motherly tone. “Alright sweeties time for num nums.”

Scootaloo whined. “I don't wanna bib!”

Cheerilee cooed “Now now, I can't have you two eating without a bib. I don't want your clean coats getting dirty.”

Blossom babbled and gurgled pounding her tiny hooves on her tray.

Cheerilee cooed, “calm down sweetie mommy has your num nums.”

Zecora and Apple Bloom came in and Cheerilee beamed a big smile at them. “Hello, Apple Bloom did you bring a friend over for dinner?”

Apple Bloom gulped and stammered, “uh yeah..she’s...a…”

Zecora just replied “Cheerilee I must confess as you see i'm here to set you free.”

Cheerilee laughed “free from what?”

Zecora continued “Now sit down as what is true is going to be hard to say onto you.”

Cheerilee sat down on a chair shaking unsure of if she wanted to hear what Zecora had to say. Zecora cleared her throat. “now this may be hard to tell, but Blossom is Big Mac under a spell.”

Cheerilee laughed hugging her baby close. “You mean a big hulking stallion is this little adorable angel.”

Apple Bloom nodded and explained. “Yeah you see that punch I gave you on Friday, well I mixed in a love potion and heart desire potion. It was supposed to make you and big Mac fall in love normally not turn you into a mom and Big Mac into a baby filly.”

“Apple Bloom, if this is part of your creative writing assignment I’ll give you marks for creativity.” Cheerilee remarked still in denial as she petted her darling little foal. “Big stallions don’t change into foals.”

With a quick glance at her friends, Apple Bloom retorted. “But I can prove it. Do you know where you adopted her from? Or even have adoption papers?”

Cheerilee grasp tighten slightly on Blossom. “Of course, it was at uh...Ponyville uh…”

“Ponyville doesn’t have an orphanage,” the filly approached. “Please just take the potion and things will make sense.”

“This joke isn’t funny,” Cheerilee protested, raising her voice a little. Blossom wiggled scared at the tension in the room.

Zecora came over and tried to explain calmly “Cheerilee it's alright, Don't get lost in the fright.”

“Yeah just take the potion, if nothing happens then we’re wrong.” Sweetie added.

“ Well...I need to change Blossom’s diaper first.” Cheerilee noticed, patting the diaper.

Zecora asked, “Alright Cheerilee hurry up and change the diapee.”

The mare took the foal and quickly left the kitchen as Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle took off their bibs. Scootaloo shouted, “you better not tell anyone about this ever!”

Apple Bloom sighed and mumbled, “Alright well hopefully the diaper change is fast.” Moments later they heard various boxes tumble to the floor soon seeing Cheerilee making a run for it down the street with her foal and and diaper bag. The fillies gasped. Zecora shouted “oh no we have to get her! Before Big Mac stays a baby forever!”

The fillies and Zebra quickly exited the house chasing after the frantic mare. “Where she goin?”

Apple Bloom asked Zecora being pretty quick although Cheerilee was just a fast it seemed when adrenaline was concerned leaving the fillies to lag behind.