• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 3,454 Views, 43 Comments

An Apple Blossom - Foal Star



Apple Bloom decided to add something extra to the love potion during Heart and hooves day. The side effects were unexpected to say the least.

  • ...
8
 43
 3,454

Chapter 3 : Blossom meets Fluttershy

It was around two by the time Cheerilee exited Supercube Corner with her little bundle of joy buckled into her stroller. She whistled a little as she moved down the street watching as Dash and other weather ponies moved clouds around for the evening shower. Blossom was occupied with staring up at the clouds imaging various shapes in them. Cheerilee stopped by the flower cart smelling the roses. “These smell wonderful, Rose.”

“Thanks.” She noticed the stroller. “Oh, she’s so cute.” She watched Blossom playing with her own mane innocently.

Cheerilee nodded. “Oh yes, she just my darling little foal.” The rest of the little chat was nothing too special as the motherly mare pushed along the street taking a left into a perfume store vanishing from sight as a yellow filly rushed by down the street looking for something.

---------

Apple Bloom rushed down the street glancing around frantically hoping to find Big Mac or even Cheerilee. The chances of just running into either out of the blue were pretty slim but she had to try something. She was in such a frenzy that she didn’t have time to stop as she ran right into Zecora the herbalist having just existed one the many stores. Apple Bloom got up noticing the scattered containers. Thankfully nothing broken. “Sorry Zecora, I was just in a hurry.”

Zecora grabbed each of her jars. “It’s quite alright, Apple Bloom. You haven’t seen any heart's desire have you?” she asked giving the filly an inquisitive look.

“No, I don’t think so.” Apple Bloom gave a straight face trying not to show anything. “Making more potions I assume?” She looked around some more for her big sister.

“That is correct, I assume you’d like to join me I suspect.”

“Oh love too, but kind of busy with chores. See you later.” Apple Bloom zipped along watching the clouds being put in place. “Well so much for looking. At least I won't’ have to water the crops.” She ran along to search some more.

---------

Fluttershy was walking down the road enjoying the delightful afternoon humming to herself. She turned the corner she spotted Cheerilee pushing a stroller with a little filly strapped inside down the road. She eyed the mare and whispered, “I don’t remember Cheerilee having a foal?”

Fluttershy went up to the pink mare and cooed,”h..hello Cheerilee.”

The pink mare turned to the yellow pegasus and cooed,”hello Fluttershy come to see my new foal?”

Fluttershy blushed and whispered, “is that okay?”

Cheerilee nodded, “of course.” Fluttershy came over and peeked into the foal carriage and dawwed at the little red filly babbling and kicking her legs about. She picked the foal up and snuggled her. “Hello, my name is Fluttershy.”

Blossom made some bubbled trying to say the mare’s name. Fluttershy giggled,”aww she’s so cute, yes you are.” Then she put the foal back into the stroller and cooed, “hey it looks like it’s going to rain soon, how about you two come to my place? I’m sure Angel would love the company.”

Cheerilee squealed,”that’s a wonderful idea! I'm sure Blossom would love to play with your bunnies.”

They both walked down the road together and Fluttershy asked,”so..um...Cheerilee were you um…”

Cheerilee smiled,”pregnant? No Blossom is adopted.”

Fluttershy gasped,”really? Wow so how long has it been since the adoption?”

The pink mare laughed “I only had Blossom for a day now, but I've fallen head over hooves for the little filly. I'm even going to take her to school with me.”

Fluttershy couldn’t help but daww, “so cute, I’ve been thinking of adopting myself, I always wanted to have a foal...but I've been too nervous to even attempt to find a special somepony or adopt.”

Cheerilee cooed,”hey Fluttershy I think you’ll be an excellent mother.”

The yellow pegasus blushed and whispered, “thanks.”

They eventually make it to Fluttershy’s cottage and they both settled inside as Cheerilee picked up Blossom and check her daughter’s diaper. “Oh dear soaked again, Fluttershy will it be alright if I change her here?”

Fluttershy laughed, “of course, change her wherever you like, I'll go look for Angel.”

Cheerilee settled Blossom onto the ground and preceded in changing her diaper. Blossom kicked about throughout the change gurgling as Cheerilee cooed,”that’s my little filly, yes you are.”

Blossom squealed putting a hoof in her mouth as Cheerilee finished taping Blossom into her new diaper.

The foal giggled kicking about making sure to poof foal powder from the leg holes. Cheerilee bent down giving the filly a few raspberries making Blossom squealed with laughter.

Fluttershy dawwed at the scene waking up to the two with Angel kicking about in her hooves. Fluttershy scolded the bunny, “Angel behave, Blossom is just a little filly.”

He groaned and crossed his little paws and gave a pout. Blossom gasped at the bunny and made grabby hooves and started whining. Cheerilee laughed. “Oh, she wants to play with Angel.”

Fluttershy gently placed Angel into the little filly’s hooves and the tiny foal snuggled her new fluffy friend. Angel started kicking about more and tried to hop out of Blossom’s grasp. But she held him close and brushed his soft fur cooing at the texture. Angel blushed at the filly petting his fur and stopped struggling and just snuggled into the filly.

Fluttershy smiled at the scene and cooed, “good, seems Angel is warming up to Blossom.”

Cheerilee sat beside the two and watch the two cuddled and cooed,”Blossom that is called a bunny.”

Blossom peered up at her mom and babbled nonsense and Cheerilee laughed, “oh, it’s going to be awhile before you can talk.”

Fluttershy giggled, as she sat by Blossom who turned her attention to the yellow pegasus as she cooed,”that’s right it’s a bunny and his name is Angel.An-ge-el. Can you say that Angel?”

Blossom tried but babbled garble, the mares both just laughed again and started to babble nonsense with her. Blossom stretched her tiny limbs yawning as she smacked her lips.

Cheerilee cooed,”oh dear, I guess she needs another nap poor thing.”

The pink mare scooped up her filly and made sure to give Blossom’s diaper a few loving pats. Fluttershy walked with the two upstairs and watched Cheerilee laid the baby in her bed. The mare tucked the filly in and made sure to plop a pacifier in her mouth cooing “Fluttershy i'm going to stay up here for a bit until she falls asleep. Don’t want her rolling out of bed after all.”

The yellow pegasus gave a smile and a nod. “Of course, take your time.” Fluttershy quickly went back downstairs shivering all over from the experience,”oh Blossom was just so adorable, she makes me want to go and adopt a foal right now!”

A rapid knocking at the door suddenly made Fluttershy jump. Once she settled she turned and approached, “oh dear who could that be?”

She opened the door seeing Apple Bloom, the filly panting. “Fluttershy, have you seen Big Mac at all?”

Fluttershy blushed and shook her head. “Sorry, I haven’t seen Big Mac all day.”

Cheerilee then came downstairs and asked, “hey is that Apple Bloom?”

Apple Bloom squeaked, “Cheerilee oh thank Celestia how’s Big Mac doin’?”

The mare tapped a hoof on her chin. “ Big Mac...Big Mac…” I remember inviting him to dinner yesterday, but then everything went blank. That was also at the same time I adopted Blossom.

Cheerilee shook her head and sighed,”sorry, I haven't seen him all day, the last time I saw him was yesterday after I invited him to dinner. He must have left after that.”

“But he didn’t come home. Are ya sure you don’t know where he went off too?” Apple Bloom worried shifting more. This whole weekend was backfiring on her.

“I’m sorry Apple Bloom, i just can’t remember,” Cheerilee replied. Hope he is okay I'm sure he loved to see Blossom. Oh, they are the same colour now that I think about it. Maybe their long-lost cousins. she smiled, “well I wouldn’t worry too much, Big Mac is always busy i'm sure he’s just fine.”

Apple Bloom shrugged, “I don’t know...it’s just well..” wasn’t the love potion supposed to work? Maybe the effects wore off.

As the filly was busy in her thoughts, a loud boom of thunder was heard. Fluttershy flinched for a second. ”Oh, it’s going to rain soon want to stay with me until the storm’s over?”

Apple Bloom shakes her head, “no I better get going I don’t want Applejack worryin’ about me. See ya two later!”

The farm filly ran off just as they heard wailing from upstairs. Cheerilee cooed, “oh dear seems the storm woke her up.” She climbed up the stair to the bedroom, soon pulling the crying filly against her chest. “Shhh, shh it’s okay Blossom, mommy, here.”

Blossom calmed down and curled up in Cheerilee’s embrace, Fluttershy cooed, “how about I warm us up some hot coco and some formula for Blossom?” The sight just made the pegasus more jealous yet found it heartwarming before she went off to the kitchen. That settles it, I'm going to adopt once I have enough to buy a nursery. Or at least plan for one.

Cheerilee cooed at her foal humming a sweet lullaby as the storm goes on. With the windows shut the sound was muffled enough. The downpour was oddly soothing as Blossom suckle her pacifier drifting off soon pressing into her mommy’s warm tummy. “I love being a mommy.”