• Published 3rd Nov 2017
  • 2,132 Views, 32 Comments

MLP: Carrie - efug25g



A shy unicorn named Carrie White is suffering from a misunderstood life in the School of Gifted Unicorns. When Princess Twilight Sparkle heard about the incidents that Carrie is suffering from she decides to takes action.

  • ...
9
 32
 2,132

Darkness and Mayhem at the Gala

Week 2: 5th day

This morning on Friday, Princess Celestia is starting to worry about Princess Luna's disappearance. After several hours of searching for the night alicorn, the royal guards could not find her anywhere. Upon hearing this unexplained turn of events, the entire city of Canterlot was muttering in fear that something horrible has happened to the Princess of the Night. Despite this, Celestia assured to every pony that Luna will be found before nightfall. As for Carrie and Tommy, they went to the dinning hall in Twilight's Castle to get some breakfast, along with Sue Snell, Twilight, and Spike. They all ate pancakes and peanut butter sandwiches.

"Say Twilight, did you hear about Princess Luna's disappearance?" Spike asked the purple alicorn. "It's all over the news on Foal Free Press."

"Yeah, I thought for sure that Luna will always return to the palace, once the full sun rises." Twilight told Spike. "Instead, Princess Celestia decided to lower the moon and raised the sun all by herself. I did remember doing it at one time, it was a bit complicated."

"Wait just a minute, since when did Celestia let you raise the sun and the moon?" Tommy asked not getting the whole picture from Twilight.

"During the time Tirek was on the loose, I got called back to Canterlot by my fellow Princesses." Twilight explained briefly. "They transferred all their magic to me because Tirek wasn't aware that I was the fourth princess. Because of that, it had to be me to raise the sun in the morning; that was just temporary. After me and my friends defeated Tirek, we gave all the Princesses back their powers."

"I see." Tommy acknowledged. "It wasn't worth it, was it?"

"No, it's not. I mean, it's bad enough that I had to gain control of such overwhelming magic at such a young age without letting any pony else, including my friends, get involved in it." Twilight added in. "There was just too much at stake during that time."

After all three ponies and the dragon finished their breakfast, Tommy went back home to get ready for the upcoming Gala, while Carrie went to the Fashion Boutique for some makeup with Rarity's help. As for Twilight, she received a letter that Margaret White has escaped from Ponycadero. Upon reading the letter, she and Spike took flight all the way the Ponycadero to get to the bottom of the grim incident. Just when Twilight and Spike arrived at the Mental Institution, the prison guards bowed down at her hooves before letting her into the complex. As Twilight meet the head warden, High Heel Valiant and Dr. Verden, they greeted her before she had a chance to ask what happened. High Heel is a silver earth pony with a light-blue mane and tail who bears the cutie mark of a kite shield. He was wearing a full set of a prison warden uniform with a black beret on top of his head.

"I'm so glad you're here, your highness." Dr. Verden said as he acknowledged the purple alicorn's presence. "It happened during last night when Margaret escaped from this place."

"So Dr. Verden, tell me what happened." Twilight asked both Verden and High Heel.


Previously Last Night:

At 8:00pm, most of the prison guards went to hang out at the barracks while leaving two guards to patrol the cell blocks at the first and second level. As the guard look at the cell Margaret White was in before moving on, the zealous unicorn got out of her bunk bed and took out her needle from her mane. Without hesitation, she started picking the lock on the door of her cell with her needle. After 20 seconds of lock picking, Margaret finally unlocked the cell door and let herself out. She snuck into the armory and grabbed a sword from a nearby weapon rack. The moment she went back to her cell, she saw the guard right in front of her. However, before the guard could raised the alarm, Margaret hurled her sword at the guard piercing him from the back as the back jutted out from his chest. As Margaret pulled the sword out from the guard's corpse, after he collapsed dead on the ground, it started bleeding all over the corridor pavement. Not wanting to waste anymore time before the guards catch her, Margaret used her magic to unscrew the ventilation shaft. As she opened up the shaft, Margaret went inside the vents and closed it behind her before she headed out to the sewers to escape the Institution. After a few hours, the guards found the body of one of their own and raised the alarm. Despite the red alert protocol, they were not able to find Margaret White anywhere. So, they immediately notified Princess Twilight Sparkle of the crazy unicorn's escape.


Upon hearing what both Dr. Verden and High Heel had to say, Twilight Sparkle started sweating because she feared that Carrie will be in danger because her homicidal, zealous mother is on the loose again. After thinking about what to do, Dr. Verden snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Princess, what should we do!!" Dr. Verden asked the purple alicorn, trying to ask for orders.

"Dr. Verden, High Heel, don't let any of this reach out to the public. I don't want to cause another panic, not after Princess Luna's disappearance." Twilight ordered the two Prison employees. "I'll send in another search party to track down and recapture Margaret by any means necessary. Also, don't tell Princess Celestia about this either. She already have enough things going on in her mind right now."

"Understood, your highness." High Heel spoke as he saluted Princess Twilight before moving on.

As Twilight flew back to Canterlot, she meets up with Flash Sentry and his fellow guard ponies and told them to dispatch several search parties all over Ponyville and in Caterlot to find the unicorn mare fugitive. Upon heeding Twilight's orders, Flash and the guards moved on to conduct the search for Margaret White.

Somewhere 1,000 meters away from Ponycadero, Margaret appeared out of the Sewer grate and grabbed a nearby cloak to disguise herself, as well as not attracting too much unwanted attention. As she made her way back to Canterlot in disguise, she spots patrols of 4 Royal Guards navigating through the city streets. Not wanting to get caught, Margaret stayed beneath the shadows of nearby buildings while heading back to her old house at the town square. As soon as she entered her old house, Margaret went to the kitchen and armed herself with her deceased husband's butcher knife and hid it underneath her cloak. After leaving her house, Margaret navigates all over Canterlot, the Everfree Forest, and Ponyville to search for the whereabouts of her daughter.


At Rarity's Boutique, Rarity just finished with giving Carrie her make-up. Upon seeing herself in the mirror with her Gala dress, Carrie could not help but smile at herself after feeling more confident and more excited to attend to the Grand Galloping Gala. After telling how great Rarity was when making dresses for her, it made the fashionista smile back at Carrie.

"So, darling, do you have any second thoughts?" Rarity asked the peach unicorn.

"No, not at all, Rarity." Carrie replied. "In fact, I can't wait to see how Tommy would dress up for the Gala as well."

"You'll do just fine, Carrie." Rarity told her. "In fact, if you need us for anything, me and the rest of the Mane 5 will be hanging out at Donut Joe's place at Canterlot."

"Thanks, Rarity." Carrie said, finally reliving herself of all the pressure before going to the Gala.

After having lunch with Rarity and her sister Sweetie Belle at a restaurant nearby the Boutique, Carrie could not help but notice how long has Twilight been gone for.

"By the way Rarity, Twilight hasn't shown up for like four hours. Do you think something happened to her?" Carrie asked Rarity. "She promised me that she and Tommy will help escort me to the Gala before meeting up with you and the Mane 5 at Donut Joe's place."

"We'll, Twilight's royal duties can be quite a hoof full." Rarity told Carrie. "Whenever something revolving around the Equestrian Government occurs, they're expecting Twilight to respond to the situation without any hesitation."

"I hope she's alright out there." Carrie muttered to herself before facing Rarity. "I mean, is it natural for her to handle the danger whether or not you guys were there for her?"

"Darling, we've been fighting together to save Equestria for a long time." Rarity informed the Peach unicorn. "As long as we're together, there won't be any battle out there that we cannot win and there won't be any friendship problem that we cannot solve; that is how we Element Bearers of Harmony triumph over all that threatens to tear Equestria apart."


After searching for the whereabouts of her daughter, Margaret White snuck into the Mayor's Office and found out that, according to Carrie's recent files, she is staying at the Castle of Friendship in which was located at the edge of Ponyville. As Margaret made her way towards the Castle, she hid inside a nearby bush, waiting for the chance to put Carrie out of her misery.


As the search went on until 5:00pm, Twilight and Flash still received no report on where Margaret White is. Annoyed by the lack of progress in this search, Twilight and Flash decided to head back to Ponyville, along with Tommy Ross, to escort Carrie White to the Grand Galloping Gala. The moment Tommy Ross appeared, he was wearing a white tuxedo suit, with a red rose on his left chest. Just when Carrie saw Tommy in his Gala suit, she could not help but see how handsome he was at the moment. As they both smiled, Carrie and Tommy went inside the Royal Caravan with Twilight and Flash before they headed to Canterlot to attend the Gala. As soon as they arrived, Carrie and Tommy went out of the Caravan, while holding each other's hooves as they went inside the palace. For Twilight and Flash, they decided to meet up with the rest of the Mane 5 at Donut Joe's to go over what Twilight has been through over the past couple of hours.

At the start of the Gala, Carrie and Tommy see all sorts of pony nobles and citizens dressed up in various, colorful dresses and formal suits from both left and right. Even though Carrie felt nervous about how will they react when seeing her, she just realized that every pony was nonchalant about her presence. Along the way to the main floor, they met Ms. Rita who is wearing an elegant dark-blue, sparkling dress. Upon seeing both Tommy and Carrie, she could not help but see how beautiful Carrie is at the moment. After hearing Rita's complement, Carrie slightly blushed as she smiled at the PE teacher. Just when they're done talking about what Carrie went over during the time Princess Twilight took her into her Castle, Rita felt relived that Carrie was doing okay at Ponyville. After having their conversation with Ms. Rita, Carrie and Tommy went to the main floor and started dancing the night away.

Meanwhile, Princess Celestia went down to the bottom floor to take a bathroom break. However, before Celestia was able to make her way back up to the main foyer, she heard some thumping and grunting coming from the cellar. The moment Celestia used her magic to open up the door leading to the cellar, her eyes widened with shock. Upon seeing what was inside the Cellar, the sun princess remained speechless for a few minutes. Celestia could not believe what she saw just now. It was Princess Luna. As Celestia approached her sister, she notices that the night princess is tied up and gagged, along with several of her bat pony guards. The moment Celestia took the gag off Princess Luna and untied her, Celestia started to ask the night princess about what happened to her.

"Luna, what happened to you?? And why are you and your guard ponies hold up in the cellar for??" Princess Celestia asked out of shock.

"There's no time to explain, Tia!!" Luna responded while trying to get to the point. "We have to stop Chris and her gang before its too late."

"What do you mean? What are you talking about??!!" Celestia asked her sister, not getting the whole picture.

"First of all, take a good look at this torn up sheet of paper!!!" Luna asked as she used her magic to show the ripped up paper to the white alicorn.

Upon seeing what that ripped-up paper said, Celestia's eyes widened with horror. It turns out that Chris has violated her restraining order and is going after Carrie again.

"No!!! It cannot be!!!" Celestia muttered to herself in horror.

"Yes, Tia. It's Chris Hargensen. She's here in the Canterlot Palace and is up to something no good." Luna said trying to warn her sister. "We have to warn Carrie before its too late!!!"

Not wanting to stand around any longer, the Royal Sisters galloped in a very fast pace back up to the Main Foyer of their palace. Back at the Main Foyer, Carrie and Tommy continued to dance until the P.A start to make its announcement to the public during the Gala.

"Attention, all fillies, mares, and gentlecolts." The P.A Speaker announced. "It's time for the election on who will be the King and Queen of this year's Grand Galloping Gala."

As Carrie, Tommy, and the rest of all of the Gala attendants took their seats, a unicorn gentlecolt dressed up in a black tuxedo with black glasses and a black top hat went up the stage to announce the winner from the ballot. After reaching into the ballot with his magic and took out a slip of paper. Upon reading what it says, the gentlecolt makes his speech in front of the public.

"The winner is Tommy Ross and Carrie White." The gentlecolt announced out loud and clear.

After hearing what the gentlecolt just said, every pony started clapping with their hooves while cheering for the two unicorns. As for Tommy and Carrie, they both left their seats and went up to the stage to accept their winnings.

Meanwhile, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia alerted the EUP Guard ponies from outside to help back them up and find and arrest Chris and her gang, in which is hiding out somewhere from within the Palace. However, what no pony knows is that Chris and Billy are still hiding in the attic. As they both came out of the attic, they were at the balcony, way above from where the Gala is taking place at, Chris used her magic to hold onto the string that was tied to the bucket full of pig's blood. The moment Carrie and Tommy went up to the stage and wore Gala crowns on their heads, Billy turned to face Chris. As Billy nodded his head, Chris pulled onto the bucket filled with Pig's blood and dumped it directly onto Carrie, covering her entire body up with blood from head to hoof. As the blood split onto the stage, every pony started under a state of shock. However, before any pony could say anything, Carrie started laughing to herself. For every pony else, this is the first time Carrie actually laughed thinking that it was all part of the Gala. Truthfully, the Mane 6 convinced her that the Gala was always terrible, yet it was funny. As Carrie started laughing, the rest of the crowd along with Tommy started laughing with her, all claiming that it was just for fun.

However, after realizing that their plan backfired, Chris started steaming with anger as her face turned bright red, with her teeth clenching together.

"I knew this isn't going to work." Chris muttered to herself in anger and frustration. "It's time for plan B."

As the crowd laughed with Carrie, Chris lights up her horn as she casted Dark Magic all over the Gala. Suddenly, without warning, all the doors shut immediately and the lights went out, giving Carrie and the rest of the public a really big panic. Just when the lights went back on, Chris appeared in front of them. Upon seeing Chris tresspass in the Canterlot Palace, everyone's stared at her under a state of shock, with their mouths wide open and their jaws dropping down to the floor. Before any pony could say anything, Rita makes her speech first

"CHRIS HARGENSEN??" Rita shrieked out loud. "WHAT IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA ARE YOU DOING HERE??? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE BANNED FROM THE GALA!!! GUARDS!!!"

"Sorry Ms. Rita, but its too late for that; you're too late to save yourself." Chris said as she took out the book of Forbidden Dark Magic and casted a combo of two spells at Carrie White. "It's time for every pony to meet your DOOM!!!"

Before Carrie could see what was going on, the two spells struck her in an instant. After one minute, her eyes started turning maliciously green, with purple smoke coming out of her eyes. Just like that, Carrie started freaking out and panicking, thinking that the ponies are started to throw objects at her again. Upon seeing all this Tommy Ross stood there with horror in his eyes not knowing what to do, while the rest of the Gala attendees started at Carrie with shock and fear.

"I don't need this book anymore." Chris said as she threw the spell book to the ground. "Carrie!! Time to unleash Tartarus!!!"

After Chris and Billy teleported themselves out of the Gala, every pony started screaming and running for their lives. As for Carrie, she started to use her magic to shoot out powerful lighting bolts and hurl all sorts of heavy objects at the crowd. When the lighting struck the floors of the Main Foyer, explosions started erupting, fires started blazing, heavy objects kept crashing into the crowd, injuring or killing several of them as some of the attendants were impaled. During the mayhem, other ponies got too close to the fire and started burning away all of their flesh as they scream in pain before they collapsed, dead on the floor, while others that got hit by the lighting bolts and the heavy objects fell on the ground bleeding. Upon seeing all of this death and destruction occur before their very eyes, Rita and Tommy hid behind the stage, trying to evade all of the destructive chaos in the Gala.

As the horrifying mayhem continued to have innocent blood spilt on the palace floors for several more minutes, the Royal Sisters finally able to use their combined magic to burst their way into the Main Foyer. As the surviving Gala attendants fled with their lives, they were rounded up by the unicorn guards, while the earth pony and pegasus guards came in along with the Royal Sisters, securing the entire place under complete lockdown. Upon seeing Carrie unleashing destruction against her own will, Princess Celestia was the first to respond to the situation.

"CARRIE WHITE, PLEASE STOP!! THIS ISN'T YOU AT ALL!!!" Princess Celestia roared in a Royal Canterlot voice as she and Luna casted a counter-spell to make her snap out of it.

Upon getting hit by the Royal Sister's spells, Carrie was sent flying off the stage and landed on the ground unconscious. After several seconds, Carrie started blinking eyes for a few seconds as she slowly got up. The moment Carrie started regaining her consciousness and looked around, she sees all the destruction and mayhem that occurred right before her very eyes. Carrie's eyes widened with shock and horror at seeing most of the Gala attendees screaming and running for their lives, while some were on the ground injured and either dead or unconscious. Before Tommy and Rita could see what was happening, Carrie eyes started welling up in tears again.

"Oh Sweet Faust, W-What did I do???" Carrie cried in grief. "What have I done???!!!!"

"Carrie, it's not actually your fault." Princess Luna told her while sympathized the frightened unicorn. "It was Chris Hargensen's."

"CHRIS HARGENSEN??? I-I thought Twilight already dealt with her!!!" Carrie cried as tears came out of her eyes.

"I knew it wasn't going to be enough to stop Chris on what she was planning to do." Luna explained to Carrie. "She actually had a backup plan of her own to make you look bad again in front of the public again."

As Carrie turned around, she sees the Book of Forbidden Magic lying on the floor. Upon reading the writing in the book's first page, Carrie had just realized that she was setup by Chris, her school nemesis. Without hesitation, Carrie angrily marched straight out of the Gala, ignoring Tommy, Rita, Luna, and Celestia.

"Princess Celestia, if you ever see Princess Twilight again, please tell her goodbye for me and tell her that I'm sorry." Carrie told the sun princess as she gave the Book of Forbidden Magic to her, while crying to herself.

"No, Carrie!!! WAIT!!!!" Princess Celestia pleaded.

Before any pony could approach Carrie, she lights up her horn and teleported away from the grisly scene at the Gala.


Meanwhile at Donut Joe's, the Mane 6 were having a pig out while eating donuts and coffee with Spike. After eating and laughing, Spike burped out a message from Princess Celestia. As Twilight used her magic to read the message from the sun Princess, her eyes widened with horror. Without warning, Twilight left Donut Joe's immediately and took flight towards the Canterlot Palace, with Spike riding on top of her back. The moment Twilight arrived at the Palace, she saw fires coming out from the Palace Windows, injured ponies on stretchers, dead ponies wrapped in body bags, fire teams dispatched to put out the fire, and guard ponies dispersing the crowd, while some of them were escorting the Gala attendants out of the area. As Twilight disengaged from her flight and landed on all four of her hooves, she was approached by Princess Luna, Princess Celestia, Tommy, and Ms. Rita. Just when Twilight asked what just happened, they all pointed their hooves towards the evidence that is lying on top of a foldable table. After going over through the evidence, Twilight got totally shocked at what she just saw. There was a torn-up restraining order and the Book of Forbidden Dark Magic. Upon realizing that the Dark Magic Spell book was at the Palace the whole time, Twilight looks inside the first page of the book. After reading the message on the page, Twilight's mouth dropped wide open as she realized who broke into her Castle and stole that spell book from her.

"Thanks for the book, sucker!!! - Chris Hargensen"

After realizing who's behind this theft, it turns out, from Twilight's own point of view, that Chris must've casted a spell on Carrie that made her go crazy until the Royal Sisters intervened. As a result, Twilight started to have flashbacks on everything that she heard from Carrie, Chris, and Luna, realizing the horrors that Carrie unwillingly just caused all in one night.

"Oh, Twilight. Why me?? Why do they have to hurt me so badly?? Why???"

"Why do you even care about that wimpy little whore? You gave up your own pride and ambition just so that you'd look after that miserable wretch of a unicorn?"

"This may be the most dangerous friendship problem you and your friends have ever faced in Equestria. Trying to placate an emotionally, vulnerable pony who is like a ticking time bomb that'll blow up in any second is not going to be a cakewalk."

As Flash Sentry and Rainbow Dash arrived on the scene, their eyes widened with horror upon seeing such devastation all around the Canterlot Palace. In Rainbow Dash's point of view, she had never seen such destruction unfold before her very eyes. Before any pony could say anything, Twilight Sparkle issues another order to her friends and to her guards. Before she made her way back to her friends at Canterlot, Twilight remembers seeing Chris' friends and Billy's gangsters hanging out at the Castle Ruins of the Two Sisters earlier, while hiding from plain sight. After remembering seeing them some where else away from Canterlot and examining the scene all around her, Twilight just discovered an idea on where to find Carrie at.

"Rainbow Dash, get the others and meet me at the Castle of the Two Royal Sisters." Twilight ordered the light-blue pegasus before turned towards the orange pegasus. "Flash Sentry, assemble all available guard divisions and rendezvous with me at the Castle of the Two Sisters."

"Twilight Sparkle, what are you going to do??" Princess Celestia asked, concerning the safety of her star student turned monarch.

"I think I know what Carrie is going to do next and where!!" Twilight told to Celestia before she unfurled her wings and took to the skies once again. "Though, I'd better pray that I'm not too late."

"Princess Twilight, please be careful out there." Princess Luna said to the purple alicorn.

After heeding Twilight's orders, Rainbow Dash and Spike flew back to Donut Joe's to alert the rest of the Element Bearers of Harmony while Flash Sentry rallied all idle guard ponies to form up with him and head down to the Castle of the Two Sisters.