• Published 25th Oct 2017
  • 964 Views, 28 Comments

Harmony Mouse - ScarletRhine



Alex Viator and Harry Delrarity are good online friends. When he hears Harry's friends are transformed into five of the mane 6, He heads off to help. But his opening of an email from the MLP Theory Analysts turns a helping hand into an adventure.

  • ...
13
 28
 964

Alex's First Day

Author's Note:

This chapter begins with a dream sequence.

I hope you all enjoy the story

Alex yawned as she climbed out of her bed, and walked out of her room. Out of habit she turned left and bumped into the guardrail.

“Wait a minute.” She thought and looked around. “Wait. A. FREAKING. MINUTE!” She shouted as she looked around. “When I went to sleep there was nothing in here. No furniture, no appliances, no books. Yet it’s all here. This must be a dream.” Alex walked down to the ground floor and looked at the books.

“You seem calm for someone who found themselves’ in a situation like this.” A voice spoke behind her, turning around she saw a midnight blue alicorn mare with a mane and tail like the night sky. Recognizing the night princess, Alex went down onto one knee. “You honor me Lady Luna, dream guardian.”

Luna then said, “ How do you know I am real and not part of the dream?”

Alex smiled and said, “Your response just confirmed it. If you were part of the dream you would’ve either demanded what I did to Twilight or asked when I expected her to return.”

Luna smiled and said, “Arise. You don’t seem too surprised meeting me or frightened.” Alex smiled and stood up.

Luna looked at Alex’ cutie mark then said, “When I wake, I’m going to ask Discord about why you have a cutie mark though your a mouse.”

Alex sat in a chair and replied, “Maybe I’m a proof of concept.”

As Luna faded from her dream another pony started fading in. “I’m surprised my husband transformed you young Alice,” Nightmare Moon said. “His magic tends to follow no logic but if what you told our daughter you have had some interaction with our world and it’s magic before.”

Alex backed up in shock and then started to say something else when the trebrary began to shake.


Alex jolted awake as the model of the golden Oaks library was knocked on again and she heard Spike say, “wake up sleepy head. Breakfast time.” Alex got up and opened the window and said, “I hope you made mouse sized servings.” As she leaned out. Spike quickly turned around and said, “Alex. You’re naked.” The miniaturized adventurer gave a deadpan look and said, “You think?.... In case you’ve forgotten I only have my party dress to wear.”

Just at that Alex heard Rarity say, “It looks like my timing is perfect, as usual” A moment later a blue aura lifted part of the model was lifted wup, followed by small bundle and the model bed she used a the carousel boutique. The roof was placed back on as Rarity said, “I made you some everyday clothes for you.”

“Thank you!” Alex called from the model. A few minutes later, Alex came out wearing blue jeans made from the pair she wore she got to Perth. Her new blouse was sleeveless and in emerald green. Alex got dressed and left the model, outside she saw Spike, Twilight, Ayumi, Rarity and Ashley waiting outside. Alex held her arms out and said “How do I look?”

“You look fabulous Darling.” Rarity replied.

“Rarity out did herself.” Spike said as he looked at the alabaster mare.

“It looks good on you sugarcube but we got to get going able to make it to school on time.” Ashley said lowering a hand for the mouse to climb on.

As she did so her cell phone begin to vibrate in her pocket. Alex pulled it out of her pocket and answered it with a “My I help you?” After a pause to listen she sighed.

“No mother my phone wasn't stolen, I got transformed.” There was another pause.

“Mother you understand that you married into a cursed family so something like this was bound to happen when I started adventuring.” Alex said as she hopped on to Ashley’s stetson.

“It's not like I have a choice in the matter to go on adventures Mom. The curse arranges things to happen to know I have no choice but to get involved.” Alex said as she took her translator coin from the anthro farm mare.

“Okay now that your freak out is over, I've been turned into a female anthro mouse. Also could you contact Professor Jones and see if he could call in a few favors to get my citizenship transfer to Australia?” Alex said with a sigh of relief.

“MOTHER?! I'm 3 inches tall what guy is going to give me a second look unless he a feral mouse and I am in heat. I’ll call you later when I can. Bye-yi.”

Rarity looked at Alex and said, “I’m surprised your mother lets you out of the house let alone go on adventures.” Alex looked at her and replied, “After my first adventure she tried to ground me. Unfortunately or fortunately she got kidnapped and me and Prof. Jones had to rescue her. Afterward we came to an agreement to at least try to call and tell her I’m ok once a week.” Alex looks out the window at that moment and said, “Looks like we’ve Arrived.”

As Ashley turned into the school parking lot, she asked, “Okay who’s going to take Alex to the Principal?”

Twilight thought a moment then said, “I think it should be you and I should take her, Ashley, so we can help her when she has her meeting with the principle.” Ashley nodded as she parked her truck. Alex steadied herself on Ashley’s Stetson as the three headed to the principal's office.

They walked into the school and headed to the principal's office. The Principle looked up and asked “What can I do for young ladies?” Ashley responded by saying as she carefully put Alex on his desk, “We’re helping our friend here enroll in this here school.”

Alex waved at him feeling a bit nervous about the situation. Principle Barwell looked at Alex then at Ashley and Twilight and said ruefully, “I miss the days when I only had to worry about normal things like truant students not which students are going to turn into anthros.”

Alex looked at the principle who looked tired and old. She took a deep breath, checked the location of her Translater coin and said, “Mr principle I do not presume to know what’s been going on here, but because of events in my life I am not even going into detail about I have to enroll in high school again. Add to that I have been forced by forces beyond my control to change my citizenship to Australia. This time around I got some friends to help me.”

Alex sighed and sat down on a pencil as if it was a fallen log and waited for Principle Barwell’s decision. She didn't have long to wait as the Principle touched the intercom and said, “Ms Conners would you please register a Miss …” He looked at the mouse.

“Alexandra Traveller.” She supplied. “By the way, you’ll find my educational transcripts under Alexander Viator. V-I-A-T-O-R.”

Principal Barwell nodded saying, “I’ll have to ask you to sign the form later but that can wait until the end of day.” He then looked at the mouse and said, “Until something is done about your height your going to attend the same classes as Ms Radisson. Ms Radisson I'm going to have to help Ms Traveller with her tests”

Twilight nodded and placed her hand for Alex to climb upon and went to class once she was aboard.


All Periods (Except PE & Lunch)

"Good morning everyone. Today we have a new student. No I'm not trying to prank you. The new student is standing on Miss Radisson shoulder." The teacher said.

"Where I don't...." A student called out.

WHEET!!!

"Oh There she is. A MOUSE ANTHRO!?"

"Ahem. Please welcome Ms Alexandra Traveler. She has transferred from America was anthrofied after reaching here."

Twilight then carried Alex and placed a spare pencil and the paperback she was planning to read onit so Alex could have desk space.

First Period

Alex listened to the teacher as he taught his subject. She suddenly sneezed. Looking around the classroom she spotted a couple of students with their heads together talking quietly. She smiled to herself guessing she was the subject of the secret discussion.

Second period

Try as she might, she couldn't stay awake. Damned jet lag knocked her out.

PE

Twilight arrived at the McDonald’s that was across the street from the school and set her hand on the Table she and her friends usually sat at. Alex climbed down to the table. Twilight pulled the quarter-sized translation coin out of a pocket and set down next to Alex. “You’re going to be alright until Ayumi arrives Alex?” She asked eyeing the sky looking for the natural predators of mice.

Alex chuckled and said, “I’ll be fine. This isn’t the first time I’ve been shrunk to this size. Though it is the first time that this size is part of my natural state.”

Twilight sighed, “Okay.” she said. “But what if you are attacked by a Feral cat? Or a poisonous viper sneaks up on you? Or a stranger throws something at you? Or a …”

“TWILIGHT!!!!” The anthro mouse shouted breaking the alicorn anthro’s train of thoughts. “Sweet cheese and crackers! If somemouse told me I’d one day have to stop an anthro of Twilight Sparkle from over worrying about something, I’d have decked them.” She commented. “Now to PE. I’ll be fine.”

Ayumi teleported in the moment Twi had left Mickey D’s. She went to the counter and ordered aEVMs Ayumi teleported in the moment Twi had arrived at Mickey D’s with Alex. She went to the counter and ordered Alex an Extra Value Meal. Since Ayumi had better control over her magic and strength than her sister she was allowed a free period instead of pe to make it fair. So Ayumi always started her lunch early instead. For the first hour Ayumi decided to get to know her newest student in magic instead of her usual two hour lunch. Her first question, "How're you familiar with the existance of Magic?"

Alex shrugged before replying, “Family history and Legends. Plus Daring Do told me the basics.”

Ayumi blinked in surprise then said, “Oh. At the party you did say met her before you met Ashley and Rarity.” She then bit into her burger and said, “For your first exercise I want you to shrink the burger I got you..”

Alex nodded and gathered the magic. Her hands were covered in and emerald green aura but Ayumi notices that Alex’s eyes start glowing as well. ALex then framed the burger then started moving them as if she was using a touchscreen and zooming out, saying, “Reducere”

The magic enveloped the burger and Ayumi scanned the magic. The info on the magic cause her eyes to widen in shock. As this happened the Triple quarter pounder shrank to mouse size. Alex licked her lips and enjoyed her delicious triple quarter pounder.

Ayuni pulled out her cell phone and called A certain pony.

“Hello Mama Luna” She said.

“We might have a problem.” Ayumi replied with worry.

“You know the mouse anthro I’m teaching magic to?

“Well I had her shrink a triple quarter pounder so she could eat it so I could analys her magic to find out what type her magic is. I expected it to be chaos magic since daddy Discord cursed her family. Why are you laughing?”

“That family did what?!”

“Beat him by using a mirror to reflect his magic back at him? Before you and Auntie beat him? Oh that’s rich. Erham. Getting back to Alex, she has two forms of magic."

“One is chaos and the other is alicorn.”

Ayumi held her phone at arm's length from her head as Luna said in the Royal Canterlot Voice, “WHAT!?”

“You heard me right. Apparently she absorbed some of my magic and it reached critical mass and now her body is generating it now. O.k. I’ll have her display some ki hopefully she has a lot of it.” Ayumi hung up then looked at Alex as she finished of her burger and said, “I want you to create some ki energy you see chaos magic tends to put a massive strain on the body when first used as the magic needs to sync with your body and even more since you're also generating alicorn magic now. Sorry about that.”

Alex shrugged and created a ki sphere.

Ayumi’s eyes bugged as the ki sphere was the size of a softball, which signified she had a lot of ki.

“Wow guess you’ve tried the Kamehameha before?”Ayumi asked with a cuckle “I’ve tried it too and it’s pretty cool but how do you have so much Ki already?”

“Actually, I’ve been practicing martial arts since I was 5 fortunately my father wasn’t like Genma from Ranma 1/2.” Alex replied then asked. “What’s a kamhameha?” Alex suddenly was glad to be sitting down when Ayumi face planted the table they were at.

“Do you know anything about the Dragonball series?” Ayumi asked worried that the orb of pure energy would need to explode soon. “Because the Kamehameha wave is not only the first ki attack ever shown on the show but has the most destructive potential when used at its highest level.”

“Very little. I only saw a few episodes and no ki attacks were shown.” Alex replied. “It diddn’t help that when they powered up they sounded like they were constipated and trying to take a shit.”

“That's Dragonball Z not Dragonball. Z is the sequel to Dragonball and Dragonball follows Goku’s story from the moment he met Bulma all the way to the 23rd world Martial arts tournament and Goku’s wedding.”

Alex thought about it then said, “Isn’t DBZ in the same world as DB?”

“Yeah but the power up sequences only started in Z before that the yelling was reserved for attacks. Can you either reabsorb that or blow it up outside the others are starring.”

Alex reabsorbed the ki and said, “Okay. Now what’s next?’

Ayumi had Alex do a few more spells the asked her to meditate and cast several cantrips for a week. She then got up and left as Twilight retruned.

The rest of the day was uneventful thankfully.


It was the time time school was over Alex got a chance to move around the school with someone other than Twilight. Alex couldn't help feeling that something was building and should learn whenever she had these feelings to be ready for a fight or flight.

What she didn't expect as she wrote on Rarity shoulder to see of all things two Trixies. She stared in shock as the scene unfolded before her, as Rarity and Star Gaines (and herself as she was riding on Rarity’s shoulder) when they got closer, all three blinked.
Trixie Two raised an eyebrow. “Who’re these people?”

Trixie One turned to see the two others, and blinked. “Well. The mouse is Alex, the white unicorn is Rarity, and the pinkish unicorn... “ Her eyes narrowed. “Starlight Glimmer. What’re you doing here?”

Before things could get out of hand, Rarity stepped in. “Trixie, this is Star Gaines, the Starlight on our side.” she raised an eyebrow. “Surely Maestro mentioned that?”

Trixie One balked. Maestro hadn’t talked about that- it probably just slipped his mind with all that was going on. She just shook her head. She then pointed a thumb to her semi-dopplegänger. “So, any idea how Trixie Two ended up here?”

Trixie Two snapped at that. “Hey! Why am I Trixie Two?!?”

Trixie One smirked smugly. “I was in this world first.” At Two’s galre, One held up her hands placatingly. “Okay, I get it! How about we call you… Trisha.”

Trisha sighed reluctantly. “I suppose that is a little better…”

Clapping her hands together, Rarity spoke. “So, to answer your earlier question, I believe Alex’s magic surge could have dragged Trisha here.”

Trixie blinked. “Does that mean she’s stuck here? What about the important things she has going on in her world?”

Alex shook her head. “Not necessarily. Discord could easily send her home. If she wants to, that is.”

Trisha thought for a moment, but shook her head. “Not just yet. I think I want to stick around for a little while. After all, I’m certain that Lightning Dust, Octavia, Moondancer, and Flutterbat can handle things without me for a little while. It’ll give me a much needed break before continuing the search for the other one.”

Trixie seemed intrigued. “So, since you’re planning on staying, how do you plan on differentiating yourself from me so people don’t mix us up from a distance?”

Lighting her crooked horn in green light, Trisha smiled. “Watch.” She was engulfed in green fire, and suddenly her coloration changed. Her fur was now a dark blue as the chitin disappeared, and her mane and tail had become indigo. Her eyes had changed to green, and her horn had disappeared. At Trixie’s shock, Trisha looked bemused. “What? Did you think the chitin was just for show? That’s not how it is with us shift-bloods.”

Rarity shook herself, and spoke. “You’re part changeling? That’s quite something…”

Sighing, Trixie looked downtrodden. “So you can do something I can’t…” But, it didn’t last long, as she got back her usual smugness. “No matter! I can imitate it if I work hard enough!”

Trisha had to admit she was impressed with Trixie. She smiled. So that’s how I would’ve turned out in a different world, huh? Not so bad, I guess.

Then, they went to find the others that were needed for their little project with Xavier, Trisha going off to look around.

Alex repositioned herself so she couldn’t be observed and asked Rarity, “Whose this Xavier you're going to talk to?” Rarity replied an old friend of Maestro’s who has given up of friendship. We’re going by a plan to try to use each element of harmony. Today we’re trying generosity.”

Soon they arrived at their destination and she jumped down and scampered to a place where she could hear and see what was going on.