• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,262 Views, 18 Comments

The Fourth Siren - Amber is a fossil



A new version of Rainbow Rocks with a fourth Siren.

  • ...
15
 18
 1,262

The Slumber Surprise

At the Dazzlings' house

Melody was packing her overnight bag for the sleepover when there sisters came in.

"Melody, this is nuts!" Sonata said. "You barely know they!"

"Guys, I really want to go to this sleepover. These girls are very nice and are my friends." Melody said. "Seriously, I'll be fine."

"But tomorrow's your birthday and the Battle of the Bands!" Adagio said.

"Exactly! I mean, after tomorrow nothing will ever be the same again!"

"Yeah, but that's why we need you here to help us with out final planning!" Aria said.

"Please, like you need me for that! This will be the last normal thing I'll ever get to do."

"But Melody… ugh! Fine! Do it!" Adagio grunted. "Just be here in the morning so we can arrive at the Battle of the Bands together."

"Thank you!" Melody then put her bag on her back. "I'll be back in the morning." Melody then walked out of her room and was about to walk out the front door. "Oh, and don't go into my room." Melody then left.

"Let's go into her room!" Sonata said.

"But she just told us to stay out of her room." Aria said.

"Which is exactly why we need to do it! Remember the last time she told us to stay out of her room?" Adagio said.

"Oh, right. The fifteen puppies in the closet." Aria remember when Melody was twelve she had brought home a dog in secret and it delivered fifteen puppies in the closet and Melody told them to stay out of her room. "Yeah, we need to look.

As the three sisters opened the door they all screamed. It was Melody with a golf club in her hand. "I told you three to stay out of my room!" Melody pointed the club to each one of them. "I have things that are private!"

"But the last time you told us that you had newborn puppies in your closet!" Sonata said.

"Well, I'm not twelve anymore!"

"How did you even get in here? You left out the front door!" Aria questioned.

"I left the window open so that I could sneak back in to catch you guys! I knew you would come in as soon as I left. If you're going to trust me as a Siren, you need to trust me as a person." Melody then closed the window and walked towards the front door. "Love you. And again, do NOT go into my room." Melody then left.

"Okay, now we…" Adagio then gassed as she saw Melody starring at them. The three just watched as Melody starred at them as she moved across the house without moving her legs. "That girl is really getting scary."

"Yeah, she's starting to act like a true Siren." Aria said. The house phone then rang and Aria answered it. "Hello?"

"Get away from my door!" Melody yelled over the phone.

"Sonata!" Adagio yelled as she saw her with her hand on the doorknob. Aria hung up the phone. "Seriously! Does that girl have a sixth sense or something?!"

***

At the slumber party

The mane 6 plus Sunset Shimmer and Melody were in Pinkie Pie's room. Twilight was on Pinkie's bed trying to figure out a musical counter-spell to the Sirens' song. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were playing a video game while Pinkie Pie was on her computer and Rarity, Fluttershy, Sunset, and Melody were taking a selfie. When Rarity looked at the picture, Spike had photo bombed. Melody, Fluttershy, and Sunset tried to hold in a giggle while watching Rarity hold in her anger. Rainbow Dash then slammed the game console, ending her game with Applejack.

"Hey! I was about to beat you!" Applejack said to Rainbow.

"I doubt it." Rainbow replied smugly. "So, Twilight, how is that counter-spell comin'?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, good. Great." Twilight said nervously. "Thanks for letting me use your notebook, Fluttershy. I really like the song you wrote for the Rainbooms."

"Thanks." Fluttershy sighed. "Hopefully one day, we'll get a chance to play it." She glared at Rainbow, who was laughing at Applejack trying to get her controller back from her.

Sunset then sat next to Melody. "So, Melody, you going to tell us how you became a fourth Siren?" Sunset asked. Everyone's eyes were on Melody.

"Okay. 16 years ago on the day tomorrow the Dazzlings were getting up in the morning when they heard something at their front door, a baby. All alone wrapped up in a blanket that had a name embroidered on the corner, "Rose Quartz"."

"What a minute, you were left on their doorstep?!" Applejack said.

"Yes. They took me to the police station to try to find my family, but nobody reported a baby, nor had any records of a baby being born with the name "Rose Quartz" anywhere. The police wanted to put me in foster care, but Adagio knew that orphans didn't do well in the millennia that she's been here, and she persuade the police to let her and her sisters keep me. They bought me things like clothes, food, toys." Melody then pulled out a picture from her bag with the Dazzlings holding Melody as a baby.

Everyone awed. "That's so sweet." Fluttershy said.

"But wait. Your name is Melody, but that blanket you mentioned said Rose Quartz on it." Twilight said.

"Yes. Aria wanted me to have a new name and I played something on a toy keyboard they bought me. Sonata said "what a beautiful melody." Then Adagio said "that's what we'll name her. Melody. Melody Minor." That is how I got my name."

"Cool, but how did you become a Siren?" Rainbow asked.

"It was on my sixth birthday. I was playing in the backyard while my sisters were setting up a party inside, well that's when I started calling them "sister" instead of "mom" because it would get creepy as I would get older. Then I saw a dog near the side of the house and followed it, I was so care free that I didn't notice that it was leading me to a black van parked in front of the house. Then these gangsters pulled me into the van."

"WHAT?!" Everyone said. "Why did gangsters kidnap you?!" Rarity said.

"They wanted the pendants. I screamed and before they closed the door I saw Sonata screaming out the window. I looked out the window and saw Sonata driving the car with Adagio and Aria shooting at the gangsters on the outside of the van. Then Sonata pulled out a speargun and leaned out the window, pretty sure she was driving with her feet, and shot the back tire, causing the van to crash at the docks. The diver of the van then took me to the edge of the water with a knife on my throat and demanded that they handed over their gems. Adagio grew so mad and her gem glowed and then a large blast of red energy hit me and the gangster and I fell into the water. I blacked out, except for this one distinct blur of a broken pendant and hearing a male voice I don't remember anything after that until later that night. I woke up in my bed with my sisters next to me and I had the same pendant as they do." Melody then stroked her gem.

Twilight scratched her head. "So there might have been another Siren before you?"

"I don't know. When I ask them about it they get really upset, especially Sonata. So I try not to bring it up. They saved my life twice. I owe them everything. They say that my full-fledged power will come in tomorrow."

"What does that mean?" Sunset asked.

"My powers will become greater. I'll have the power to influence masses alone, not just small individual groups."

"So instead of just being able to hypnotize the principals you can hypnotize the whole school!" Pinkie Pie said.

Melody cringed. "Yes, my birthday, tomorrow, the Battle of the Bands."

"Interesting." Twilight said.

Then the doorbell rang, drawing everyone's attention.

"Pizza's here!" Pinkie Pie announced and everyone zipped out of the room, except for Twilight and Melody.

Melody spoke up after everyone left the room. "So Twilight, you're an Alicorn princess in Equestria?"

"Yep." Twilight nodded.

"What's Equestria like?"

"You haven't asked the Sirens about it?"

"I have, multiple times, but they say that I'm better off not knowing."

"Well, Equestria has changed a lot since the Sirens were banished to this world."

"I would imagine so. Is it beautiful?"

"Absolutely!"

Twilight was about to speak again when Pinkie Pie entered with a piece of pizza in her mouth.

"Hey! Don't you guys want any pizza?" Pinkie asked.

Melody and Twilight nodded. Pinkie zipped out of the room. After Melody left the room, Twilight placed the notebook in one of Pinkie's drawers. In the kitchen, where everyone was, Pinkie was making a face with the pizza in her mouth, everyone laughed.

"So, Melody, you know what you're going to sing in the Battle of the Bands?" Fluttershy asked.

Melody nodded. "Yep."

"Hey Melody, I don't suppose you could sing for us?" Applejack asked. Everyone nodded in agreement. Sunset and Twilight looked at each other nervously.

"Well, I guess is wouldn't hurt. I mean, you're immune to the influence of out songs, so I suppose it would be okay if I sing, just a little." Melody said nervously.

"Wait!" Pinkie said abruptly. "Let's go to the living room. I have a karaoke machine in there that you could use!"

After everyone was in the living room and Pinkie turned on the karaoke machine, Melody took the microphone and nervously looked at it.

"Okay, here I go." She said to herself. The music started up and Melody sang.

[Melody Minor]

Back when I was young,
I never played for fun.
My mama told me
"This is who you will be!"

Now I'm grown and my sisters say
"With us you will stay!"
I thought I would always be in the dark,
But now I'll shine like a spark!

Everyone was in awe as a strange pink mist was being emitted from them. Then Melody's pendant began to glow.

[Melody Minor]

Everything had always been the same,
But then my friends came!
We haven't know each other long,
I know this friendship can't go wrong!

I always was in a fight
To see the light
I thought there was not life for me
But then my friends helped me break free!

After she stopped singing her pendant started to absorbe the pink mist that was emitting for everyone else. Everyone clapped at Melody's performance.

"Why is your pendant glowing?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Melody then looked at her pendant and watched as the remaining pink mist was being absorbed and was extremely confused.

"Were you feeding off our negative energy?" Twilight asked harshly.

"Um, I don't know. It didn't feel like it was negative energy." Melody said, scared.

"Settle down, Twilight." Applejack said carefully to Twilight. "I don't think it was negative energy she was feeding off of. I mean we weren't arguing or anything to cause negative energy."

"Now that you mention it, I feel the exact opposite of hatred." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah!" Pinkie chimed in. "I feel like my friendship meter is through the roof!"

"Maybe because your song was about friends, it was friendship energy you were absorbing." Rarity speculated.

"Except for the fact that I'm a Siren." Melody stated. "I cause trouble and hatred and feed off that. I don't cause friendship, much less even feed off it."

"Well, you said you weren't born in Equestria, but this world." Sunset said. "So, maybe that has something to do with you being able to freed off friendship. Also you weren't born a Siren, so that too could be a factor."

"Yeah, but I've brought out the worst in others and have feed off their negative energy before." Melody said as she touched her pendant. "But this did seem more natural to me than when I bring out negative energy."

"Well, if you're singing can naturally bring out the positive energy of others, then..." Twilight speculated.

"Then you could help us defeat the Sirens!" Sunset and Twilight said together, smiling.

"WHAT!?"Melody said, surprised and unsure.

"Why not?" Rainbow asked.

"Because their my sisters!" Melody responded. "I can't fight against them, even if they are planning something evil!" She added.

"But we won't really hurt them." Twilight said. "We're just going to break the spell they put on everyone."

"Yeah, based on the state everyone was in at the party, we need all the help we need to break that spell." Sunset said. "Especially after you had called use out like that."

Melody cringed when Sunset said that last part. "It was a lot of negative energy. Look I'll think about it. I'll decide in the morning."

***

Meanwhile at the Dazzlings' house

Adagio was in her room pacing about her plan. She was having an argument with someone as her gem glowed.

"This is outrageous! You think that she'll actually help you?!" A male voice said.

"Melody is our sister! She'll come through for us!" Adagio responded.

"'Sister'? Please! You, Aria, especially Sonata are just using her!"

"That is not true! She's one of us! She loves us like family does! Unlike you!"

"'Love'? I thought you didn't understand love after what you did to me! You all are just using that girl to fill the void that Solo left behind!"

"SHUT UP! You lost the right to speak his name after you failed to protect him!"

"I was protecting you three! It isn't my fault that he went back for her."

"YOU SHOULD HAVE STOOD BY HER SIDE IN THE FIRST PLACE!! You could have saved her! Then we would never have been banished in the first place!"

"She was the one who told me to take you all! It isn't my fault that Pearl thought she could take on an angry mob!"

"QUIET! You were a coward! You know we were safe, but you were too scared so you let her die!"

"Coward? Me? As if you're one to talk! You're too scared to tell Melody the truth! You told her that she was from this world, but you've been keeping the truth from her her whole life! You can't keep the truth from her forever just like you can't keep me imprisoned forever!"

"I can and I will on both those! I hate you D-." Aria then walked in on Adagio with a scolding look on her face. "Oh, Aria, I-"

"Save it! I know you were talking to him!" Aria said. "You were talking so loud that the whole city could hear you! You're lucky that Sonata is such a heavy sleeper or else she would have heard you!"

"But Aria-"

"No buts! You must keep a lid on him! Or else we could have a repeat of ten years ago!"

"Aria…should we tell Melody about our D-"

"NEVER!! We all agreed on this! Melody can never know the truth!"

"But with all these lies and secrets are we really any better than him?! Melody is our sister!"

"Even so, what would she do if she knew the truth? We are so close to conquering this world! This can't come up!"

Adagio stood silent for a moment. "Aria…thank you. You're right." Adagio then hugged her. "We can't tell Melody about this ever."

"Oh Adagio. We are sisters. We all love her. But the truth can hurt her more that anything." Aria said as she began to cry, then Adagio started to cry too.

Then the door to Adagio's room slammed open. Sonata was standing there in her pajamas with a plush taco. "WHAT ARE YOU TWO TALKING ABOUT IN HERE?!?!" Sonata screamed so loudly that Adagio and Aria's hair became stuck sideways.

"Uh, Sonata, what are you doing?" Adagio asked as she put her hair back in place.

"YOU AND ARIA ARE TALKING SO LOUD ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IT WOKE ME UP! AND I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FLYING TACO DREAM! WHAT EVER YOU TWO ARE TALKING ABOUT CAN WAIT UNTIL MORNING!" Sonata then slammed the door so hard that it cracked the wall.

Adagio and Aria looked at each other. "So, I'll keep control over…him… and tomorrow we focus on the Battle of the Bands."

"And we need to go to sleep so that Sonata can sleep. Would hate to have a sleep-deprived Sonata on the most important day of our lives in this world." Aria said, remembering the last time Sonata didn't sleep.

"Second to finding Melody." Adagio said.

"Right." Aria said.

Author's Note:

Well, sorry for the wait, but I had business to take care of. Next chapter will come soon.