• Published 15th Oct 2017
  • 1,262 Views, 18 Comments

The Fourth Siren - Amber is a fossil



A new version of Rainbow Rocks with a fourth Siren.

  • ...
15
 18
 1,262

First Day, Let The Battle Begin

Sunset Shimmer smiled as she approached Adagio, Sonata, and Aria, who were in the shadows. "Hi, are you the new girls that I'm suppose to show around?" Sunset asked.

"We are." Adagio confirmed as they stepped out of the shadows. She looked around and turned to Sonata and Aria. "Where's Melody?" She asked.

"Well, Sonata?" Aria said accusingly.

"What?!" Sonata said as she looked at the other two, confused.

"You were suppose to wake up Melody." Aria spat.

"I thought Aria was suppose to wake her up this morning." Sonata defended.

"No, Adagio told you to do it last night." Aria said.

"I thought she told you."

"It was you!"

"No, you!"

"Shut up!" Adagio yelled at both of them.

"Is everything okay?" Sunset asked, confused by the situation.

"Everything's fine. We just need to wait a little bit for another person." Adagio explained.

"Oh, okay. Well what are your names?"

"I'm Adagio Dazzle."

"I'm Aria Blaze. And this blue haired idiot is the worst!" Aria said as she pointed to Sonata.

"It's Sonata Dusk!" Sonata corrected. "And my sister is the worst!" Sonata said as she got into Aria's face.

"Oh, you two are sisters?" Sunset asked.

"No! Adagio is also our sister! And our youngest is on her way here!" Sonata said blatantly, Adagio giving her a look.

"Wow, you there don't look that much different in age? How old is the other sister?" Sunset became curious.

"Almost 16! And we-" Sonata's mouth was covered by Aria's hand.

"She's going to mess up before we even begin the stupid tour!" Aria thought, and Adagio gave her a look as if she was thinking the same thing.

Sunset was very confused about the situation. Four girls who appear the same age who are sisters was very confusing. Plus the other two seem to want Sonata to shut up for some reason.

Then there was a muffled "I'm here!" coming through the doors. Melody ran up the stairs and burst through the double doors. "I'm here-ah!" She fell and dropped her book bag, spilling her books. Melody was now wearing a light red sleeveless sailor top, had on a long light grey skirt with red roses with treble clef in the middle on it, a black sash belt that was tide into a bow on the back, had silver charm bracelets on each wrist, and silver open toe healed sandals. The red rose in her hair now was attached to a black sash ribbon. Her book bag was a simple ocean blue. "Hehe, I'm okay." She groaned as she started to reach for her books.

"Here, let me help." Sunset offered as she picked up Melody's books and handing them to her, forgetting about what Sonata just talked about before.

"Thanks. I'm Melody Minor." Melody said as she took her books. She turned to Adagio. "Sorry I'm late, again." She apologized.

"It's fine." Adagio smiled.

"Now that everyone's here, let's start the tour." Suset chimed. "Canterlot High is a great school, you're all really gonna love it." Sunset started the tour as Adagio, Sonata, Aria, and Melody followed.

"Oh yes, we can really sense that there's something...magical about this place." Adagio grinned. Aria and Sonata grinned back, Melody smiled nervously.

As the tour went on, Melody started to enjoy it more and more, while the other three were getting more and more bored.

"That's the science lab. Computer lab is in there." Sunset pointed out, then her eyes widen when she spotted a poster. "Oh! We're having a big musical showcase this weekend! The whole school is pretty much rallying around it."

Adagio gasped. "A musical showcase, you say?" She grinned as she turned her eyes to Aria and Sonata, who grinned back.

Sunset nodded. "I'm sure since your new, Principle Celestia will let you sign up if your interested."

"Well we have been known to sing from time to time." Aria informed.

"Hello! We sing, like, all the time. It's how we get people to do what we want." Sonata said blatantly.

Adagio growled while giving her a cut off hand jester. "I'm going to kill her if she doesn't shut up!" She thought to herself.

Aria's face palmed and Melody gave a worried look. Sunset just gave them a confused look.

"W-What I'd say?" Sonata asked, not knowing what was going on.

"What you meant to say was that being in a musical showcase sounds like a great way for us to meet other students." Adagio saved, giving an awkward smile to Sunset.

"Ohhhh, yeah. Th-What she said is what I ment to say. That's what I ment. To say." Sonata realized and agreed.

"And what you would have said if you weren't the worst." Aria complained.

"You are." Sonata rebutted.

Adagio then intervened, stepping in front of them. "You'll have to excuse the two of them. They're idiots." Adagio smiled, Aria and Sonata crossed their arms as she stroked her pendant.

There was an awkward silence until Sunset noticed all four of them wearing the same type of necklace. "Gosh, those are pretty." Sunset complemented. She reached for Adagio's necklace. "Where'd you get-" Sunset was cut off when Adagio grabbed her wrist.

Adagio then let go and laughed sheepishly. "Sorry. But it's just that these pendants mean an awful lot to us. We'd just die if anything were to ever happen to them."

"Oh. Okay." Sunset backed up. "I'll just let you all get settled. Your classes don't officially start until tomorrow so you can explorer the school if you want." She left.

"Um, Adagio?" Melody spoke up after Sunset left.

"Yes, Melody?" Adagio answered.

"Um, well, I was wondering if I could, you know, take a look around? By myself."

"Melody you-"

"Please? Just this once." Melody begged.

Adagio sighed. "You know I don't like it when your alone. You do remember last time you were alone? Don't you?"

"I do, but it'll be different this time. This is school! It's not like that night ten years ago."

Adagio cringed. The night Melody was referring to was both a horrible and wonderful night. "I just-"

"Please Adagio?" Melody then gave Adagio her puppy dog eyes, one of which that no one can say 'no' to.

Adagio sighed again. "Alright, you can go by yourself."

Melody jumped with joy.

"Just be sure to meet us up at the cafeteria doors when lunch starts, okay?"

"Alright. I promise." She was about to leave, but then turned around and gave Adagio a hug. "Thank you." Then she skipped off leaving her book bag behind.

Adagio sighed. "The things I do for her." She said in her head.

"The things you would do for her." Aria said as if reading Adagio's mind.

"What does that mean?" Adagio said as Aria and Sonata gave her looks that said 'explanation, please'.

"You're the one who became Miss Sister/Mother the moment we found her." Aria said.

"Yeah." Sonata pitched in. "Ever since then you've gotten soft."

"Soft?!" Adagio exclaimed. "Why I oughta ... augh! Let's just go wait!" Adagio turned and took a few steps forward with Sonata and Aria on her tail. "Oh and Aria, could you grab Melody's book bag?" Adagio said with a smirk.

"Sure." Aria picked up the book bag and strained. "What the-?! How many books does that girl have in here?!" She then looked and saw that Adagio was smiling, as if she had known that the Melody had packed a lot of books.

***

Meanwhile, right before lunch, Melody was near the music room listening to the band that was playing in there. She was leaning against the door when it suddenly opened and she fell. "Whoa!" She exclaimed. 'What is it with me and falling today?' She thought.

"Oh, my! Are you alright?" Rarity asked as she helped her up.

Melody nodded shyly.

"Wow, she's more shy than Fluttershy in a crowded room." Rainbow Dash commented. Applejack elbowed her rib. "Ow."

"So, are ya new here?" Applejack asked.

"Yes." Melody answered.

"Ooh, a new friend!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"I suppose we should introduce ourselves." Rarity suggested. "I'm Rarity."

"I'm Fluttershy." Fluttershy said.

"Howdy! Ma names Applejack." She said as she tipped her hat.

Pinkie then took Melody's hand and shook it so hard her body shook. "Hi! My name's Pinkie Pie, but my friends call me Pinkie. Since your new here that means that you don't have any friends, yet. So that means we can now be the bestest friends ever! Ooh, maybe we should throw you a welcome party so that way you can meet lots of other new friends! And..."

"Uh, Pinkie." Applejack said as she pointed to Melody, who's eyes were spinning.

"Oopsies."

"Ahem." Rainbow Dash interrupted. "And finally I'm Rainbow Dash. As in the Rainbow Dash. The amazing lead singer and guitar player in my band, The Rainbooms."

"Our band." Applejack corrected.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Anyways, what's your name?"

"Uh..." Melody was kind of shocked at this point. "M-My name is Melody. Melody Minor."

"Ah, Melody. Such an elegant name." Rarity complemented. "I like your rose theme. So beautiful!" She said as noticed all the roses on her clothes.

"Oh, thank you." She blushed. "It fits my personality. Beauty on the outside, but thorns on the inside." She laughed, happy that she seems to have already made some new friends. She looked at the clock on the wall and gasped.

"Er, somethin' wrong there Melody?" Applejack asked.

"No. Well, yes. It's just that I have to meet my sisters in a few minutes. So, I have to go."

"Ooh, you have sisters?! That's amazing! That means more friends!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Simmer down there, Pinkie." Applejack said.

"Well, see you later." Melody dashed out of the room.

After a few seconds of silence Pinkie Pie spoke up. "I like her." She smiled.

In the cafeteria Sunset Shimmer just sat down with the Rainbooms, with a weird look on her face.

"So how was the tour?" Applejack asked Sunset.

"I don't know." Sunset began. "I mean these four girls, they were... there was just something off about them."

"Like, off like this?" Pinkie made her hair into a mustache. "Or off like this?" Pinkie now had lettuce on her eyebrows and two carrots hanging from her mouth. "Or... Oh, oh! Like—"

"Maybe we should just let her tell us." Rainbow Dash said as she gestured to Sunset, then a carrot fell out of Pinkie's mouth.

"But that's just it. I can't put my finger on it. They just acted sort of... strange around me. Well except one, Melody, but maybe someone had already talked to the other three. Told them about what I did." Sunset sighed. "So much for making a good first impression." She then put her head on the table.

"Uh-huh." Fluttershy nodded. The others then glared at her.

"Oh, that's probably not it." She then ducked her head.

***

Outside the cafeteria doors, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata waited for Melody. Adagio was frustrated with herself. She knew Melody wanted to have some independence, but she didn't want to risk losing her. She was trying to decide on a compromise so they could both get what they want.

"She's late, again." Aria complained, interrupting Adagio's train of thought.

"I'm here!" Melody said as she slide to Aria's feet.

Sonata blew a fake whistle. "Safe!"

Melody stood up. "Yes! Sorry I'm late, but I just couldn't find the bathroom."

"Okay, by the way you left your book bag behind so we put it in your locker." Adagio informed her.

"Thank you."

"Oh and Melody, how come you had so many books in it?" Aria complained. "Seriously, did you pack up all the ones in your room?"

"No!" Melody immediately said, but Aria raised her eyebrow. "Maybe…Yes." She admitted.

Aria gave her a 'you goofball' look.

"Alright my sisters, this is it. The moment we've been waiting for." Adagio began.

"Lunch?!" Sonata asked as she looked at a lunch poster.

Melody giggled while Adagio groaned. "The chance to get our true Equestrian magic back."

"Oh. Right."

"After our feeding from last night, our voices are just strong enough to make them want something so badly, they'll fight to get it." Adagio started again.

"So we're just gonna keep on doing what we always do?" Aria intervened. "Stir up some trouble and then feed off the negative energy? Some plan, Adagio." She said sarcastically.

"This won't be the same as the times before! There is Equestrian magic here. Their negative energy will give us the power we need to get this entire world to do our bidding." Adagio finished and then smiled wickedly.

"But we can get lunch after though, right? It's Taco Tuesday!" Sonata said, looking at a school lunch poster. Melody giggled at her again.

"Just follow my lead." Adagio said as she got up in Sonata's face, who backed up.

"Or my lead." Aria said getting an idea, but Adagio gave her an evil eye.

"My lead!" Adagio stepped in front of Aria while pulling her jacket, proving her point to lead.

Sonata and Melody snickered as Aria crossed her arms. The Dazzlings, including Melody, entered the cafeteria, singing.

[The Dazzlings and Melody]
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh

All the students looked up from their lunches and watched the new girls as they sang a song that caught their attention.

[Adagio]
We heard you want to get together
We heard you want to rock this school
We've thought of something that is better
Something that changes all the rules
Why pretend we're all the same
When some of us shine brighter?

[Aria, Sonata, and Melody]
Shine brighter

[Adagio]
Here's a chance to find your flame
Are you a loser or a fighter?

[The Dazzlings and Melody]
Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?
Are you afraid of failing the audition?

[Adagio]
You're a star and you should know it
Yeah, you rise above the rest
It doesn't matter who you hurt
If you're just proving you're the best

[The Dazzlings and Melody]
Ah, ahh-ahh-ahhh
Battle!
You wanna win it
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands

[The Dazzlings, Melody, and students]
Battle!

The students became riled and began to bicker with each other.

Blueberry Cake: I can beat you!

[The Dazzlings, Melody, and students]
Battle!

Cherry Crash: Ha! You wish!

[The Dazzlings, Melody, and students]
Battle!

Trixie Lulamoon: I so want this!

[The Dazzlings, Melody, and students]
Battle!

Captain Planet: Not if I get it first!

[The Dazzlings, Melody, and students]
Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?

The anger from the students was generating a green mist as their fighting intensified.

[Students]
I'm going out and winning the audition

[The Dazzlings, Melody, and students]
Battle!
We wanna win it
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands!

The green smoke began to be absorbed by the four red gems necklaces worn by the Dazzlings and Melody, who wasn't as excited as her sisters. The Mane 5 plus Sunset Shimmer watched the fighting, Sunset having a suspicious look on her face.

"Ohhhh. They're that kind of "off"." Pinkie Pie said to the group.

The negative energy was now fully absorbed into the Sirens' pendants, who's eyes turned green for a second and all, except Melody, have a wicked smile on their faces.

"Yes! Finally after so long we now have magic again." Aria said as her and her sisters' eyes turned back to normal.

"Now all we have to do is get Principal What's-Her-Name on board with Battle of the Bands." Sonata said.

Adagio grinned. "Hey Melody, why don't you cast the spell on them solo. This could be great practice for you."

Melody gasped. "Are you sure? I mean you insist that I sing with the group."

"Yes, but I know you want a little independence. A little freedom can't hurt." Adagio said.

"Oh, okay." Melody said, not exactly happy about what she was about to do, but she would do anything for her sisters since they nearly died trying to save her.

Author's Note:

Alright, let the battle begin! P.S. the pattern on Melody's skirt is what her Cutie Mark would be in Equestria.