• Published 18th Feb 2018
  • 3,601 Views, 35 Comments

Hearts Intertwined - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



Twilight and Spike have been best friends for years. Nothing could ruin their friendship. But one day, when they both get into an arguement that escalates out of control, Spike decides he is no longer appreciated, and runs away.

  • ...
2
 35
 3,601

Chapter 4: Burnt Map and Journey

Chapter 4: Burnt Map and Journey

Spike got on the train, and read one of his comics as it continued to head toward Baltimare. Once he got there, he would need to get on a boat to get to the distant lands, which meant going to the Dragon Lands by foot.

*Back at Twilight's Castle*

"I'M SORRRRRYYYYYY!!! I'M SO SO SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!! PLEASE COME BACK SPIKE!" Twilight exclaimed as she balled her eyes out, remorseful about her actions. Once she had calmed down, her friends hugged her.

"Don't worry, Twilight! We'll find him!" Fluttershy reassured before separating from the group hug.

"As soon as we fix the map!" Rainbow Dash pointed out. The ponies looked at the burnt map, and thought a spell might help restore it.

"Hold on, I got some ideas!" Twilight said before running off. She arrived back with Starlight and a list of items.

"The only things I could think of were a spell from Starlight, or any suggestions. Maybe something from The Pillars?" Twilight told her friends her who all nodded in agreement. Then Apllejack thought of something.

"But how could The Pillars help? They all spread throughout Equestria!" the farm pony told her friends.

"True, but remember that they were the original element bearers. We represent The Elements of Harmony as modern ponies. After my battle with Terik, The Tree of Harmony took the chest and grew the Friendship Castle. In addition, the tree is connected to the castle, which is connected to the Map since it grew when we were needed! If we could use something from The Pillars, or The Elements of Harmony themselves, we might be able to restore the Map!" Twilight responded.

"Which is why I'm going to cast a spell to try and restore it!" Starlight added before her horn glowed. Her horn glowed brighter and brighter as a sphere of magic collected at the tip of her horn, and was blasted onto tbe burnt map.

PPPPPSSSSSSSSSSZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! Went the magical blast, hitting the Map and spreading until ever inch was covered in Starlight's spell. Then the magic faded.

Still burnt. However, Twilight noticed something. The burn marks were in sections. Three big sections. Spike may have burnt the Map, but not all at once. She then put a hoof over the burnt marking and tried to gently scrape it off, but only flecks appeared on her hoof.

"Looks like the spell only slightly worked. I figured that would happen. Makes sense since dragon magic is different than unicorn magic. Well then, let's see if The Elements of Harmony could clean this off. If the magic of the Elements recognizes that the Map is damaged, then it should be about to fix the burnt sections. Let's go!" Twilight commented before trotting towards the door. Her friends followed close behind.

*In the Train with Spike*

"Baltimare! We have arrived at Baltimare!" the conductor said before the train stopped. Spike knew it was time to get off, so he put his comic book away, and got off with his luggage. Once he stepped off, he walked onto the pavement, and over to the boating docks. It took a while for the boat to start boarding passengers, but Spike managed to get on the boat.

"And where, if I may ask are you going to young dragon?" a green pony asked Spike. He wore a sailing outfit, so he must have been one of the crew members.

"The Dragonlands. If this boat doesn't mind dropping me off there that is?" Spike replied calmly.

"Of course not! We will stop there first and then keep sailing!" the greenpony answered back. Eventualky, the boat sailed.

It took quite a while until the boat reached the Dragonlands. Or rather the beach that lead to it. Spike jumped off, got all of his belingings, and started to hike from the beach area towards where the actual lands were where he had to compete in the Gauntlet of Fire.

"Getting close now," Spike said before he eventually got to the main opening to where Ember and the other dragons were. Ember noticed him immediately.

"Spike! It's so good to see you again," Ember exclaimed, smiling before she flew down to greet him.

"Hi Ember! It's good to see you too!" Spike responded as he ran over and gave her a hug. Ember just glared at her friend before gently unhugging him.

"Oh yeah. The 'hugging' greetings! I forgot about that. So Spike, what brings you here? Did Twilight send you or something?" Ember replied feeling slightly confused.

"Not exactly. Twilight and I got into a big fight when I accidentally burned some important papers of hers, plus books in her library. She said she didn't want me as an assistant. I know it probably was her anger, but it really hurt! So I ran away to here. Just to cool down and maybe get some advice," Spike explained. Ember was puzzled, but understood.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Spike. I know you and Twilight need to blow off steam after a fight, but running away?! Yikes. It must have been bad. You can stay here as long as you need. Just as long as you don't mind helping me out," Ember replied in a friendly voice.

"Of course!" the baby dragon answered before the two got to work. The rest of the day included Claw Chalase, dodge rock. Laca surfing, and helping dragons out with their problems. Overall, it was a long, but good day.

"Thank you for letting me stay here Ember," Spike thanked again, before going to sleep on a rock bed, with leaves to use as bedding.

"You're welcome Spike. By the way, if you ever need to lay off some steam, let me know. We got this great section of rocks where you can just let all your frustrations out whenever you want. It's called Anger Booming," Ember said back before going to bed herself.

Spike lied down, feeling the warmth of the heated rock beneath him, before trying to dream of much happier thoughts.