• Published 5th Nov 2017
  • 333 Views, 24 Comments

The tale of Frost, Peppermint Frost - Peppermint Frost



The story of a young unicorn from Canterlot and her experiences.

  • ...
1
 24
 333

Old Times

A young mare walked around a dark bedroom, which was faintly lit by a few rays of golden light piercing through half-closed curtains. She eventually settled herself on a bed and reached out for an album on her desk.

Her house, which was beside the Crystal Empire, was quite like a library, with book shelves in many corners. In her study, books could quite often be seen on the floor and on furniture. Stacks of papers and files were also among the mess. Occasionally, a few strange objects would be brought, and she would spend hours studying them.

Peppermint sighed. Time had really flown over the years. Her hoof softly turned over the pages of the album, until she stopped at a worn out photo filling the whole page. It was an old photograph, on the day she graduated from Magic school, posing with all her classmates. Her former teacher, Princess Celestia was also standing there, and so was her mother, who was putting a hoof around the mint-blue mare. A tear splattered over the photo cover, and Peppermint wiped it away and smiled vaguely.

But soon enough, that feeling was washed away with grief and anger. She scowled, and slammed the album before tossing it on the bed with her magic. Then, she threw her saddlebag over her back before leaving her house. She looked at the meadow in front of her and took a deep breath.


"Hey Twilight!" Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced into Twilight's room. "Whatcha looking at?"

"Oh, just rummaging through an old photo album Pinkie," Twilight sighed. "A yearbook from the wonderful days I had spent at Magic school."

Pinkie stared at the current page Twilight was in. "Oooh, who is she?" She asked, pointing to a large photo that looked more creased then the rest.

"Well, the ponies standing next to Princess Celestia are my old classmates: You know Moon Dancer, Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts and I." She smiled, before pointing to a different pony. "And the last mare is Peppermint, but we call her Icicle."

"I don't think I've ever seen her before," Pinkie said as she pointed towards the turquoise pony in the photo.

"Oh, Icicle moved away from Canterlot," Twilight sighed sadly. "Somewhere near the Crystal Empire, she'd said before leaving. We all miss her."

"I'm really sorry about that Twilight."

Twilight smiled. "You know what Pinkie, I've been sitting inside here long enough. It's a nice day, we should be outdoors. Why don't we head to Sweet Apple Acres and get some cider?"

"Sure thing, Twilight! Oh wait- I've got freshly baked vanilla-caramel cupcakes, we could eat them on the way there!"

"Pinkie, where'd you- Oh never mind."

Author's Note:

Rewrote again, and more on the past coming later.