• Published 16th Nov 2017
  • 5,316 Views, 148 Comments

Filia Noctis - Storylover-Vodhr



Rainbow Dash tries to figure out if it’s treason to fall in love with the Princess's only daughter.

  • ...
6
 148
 5,316

Repercussions

Alright, so maybe she didn't need to try the second punch. But being locked up in the dungeons was totally overkill.

"So, uh, we gonna be let out of here or what?"

The four Lunar knights, which was even more overkill, didn't respond. So instead Dash turned her attention and anger over to the mare in the cell beside her. Purple hair, which was as good of a name as any seeing as she didn't actually know nor care about her real name, had some tissue paper stuffed up her bloodied nose and a look of despair on her face, probably because her nose was swollen and now she wasn't the most perfect thing in the world or something.

Well, she deserved it. If anything, she deserved a whole lot more; just the sight of her looking sad over her not being as pretty as could be made Dash even angrier.

"I totally should've punched you twice."

Purple hair didn't respond. She just continued looking sad at the floor, which only managed to make Dash more and more angry. She wanted to ignore her? Who did she think she was? The only person who could ignore her was Twilight.

"Heck, no, three times. Both eyes. Puffy and all ugly."

Again, silence, and Dash continued to glare daggers.

"That'd teach ya. Another couple punches, and maybe you'd be as ugly as a mule."

Her mother would paddle her hide if she heard half of what she was saying, but at this point she didn't give a single crap. She was angry, no, beyond angry, and the thing that made her mad was just slightly out of punching range, acting like she was the victim.

"You're... you're right. I should be as ugly as a mule."

And like that, Dash was completely lost. That didn't make her less angry, but it did make her shut up, even if only for a moment. Which was all Purple hair needed.

"I deserve to be a muuuuuuleeeeeee~!"

Great, now she was crying. Dash actually had to take a moment to try and figure out what was going on. She couldn't figure out the prissy unicorn in front of her, and that made her even angrier. She made fun of random ponies, insulted her best friend, and then broke down the second she called her out on it? This wasn't like the bullies she was used to dealing with, and that made her hesitate, if only slightly.

"Why? What did Twilight ever do to you? She was just sitting there, having fun, being Twilight, and you sit there, calling her a mule. What kinda pony does that? Heck, what kinda pony does it to somepony on their birthday?"

Purple hair just continued to cry, and Dash gave up and glared at the nearby wall, trying her hardest to ignore purple hair's sobbing as it droned on.

And on.

And on.

But, eventually, it stopped, and purple hair finally answered her question.

"I just... wanted to be popular."

Yeah, sounds about right. She just wanted to be higher, look nicer, and be seen as more of a pony than anyone else. She didn't care who she stepped on, or who she made miserable; just as long as she got what she wanted, then she was fine. She was just another noble with their head stuck up their tail.

"The other girls were... well, nobles. They were somepony. And I was just some girl who made her way in on a charity ticket and a homemade dress. I thought..."

What? That if you acted like the worst ponies on the face of Equestria, that they'd think you were one of them? They were nobles; the only thing that mattered was how much money you had, how much land you owned, and how much flank you could kiss on the Princess before she got sick of your crap.

"If they liked me... I could *be* somepony. So, when the girls started saying things, so I thought..."


And then we saw the Princess, and I just started-"

Gosh, she did not shut up. When she asked why she was being a jerk to Twi, she wanted to know was she was a terrible pony, not get her whole frickin' life story.

"-And then you punched me, and I got arrested, and-"

"Please... Stop."

Please.

"Oh, uh... ok."

Geez, if Purple hair wanted revenge for punching her, she sure as hay got it though giving her a huge headache.

"So, uh... My name is Rarity. What is yours?"

Really, they were trading names now? And what kinda name was Rarity? Dash supposed it fit, if only because she had never seen a pony who could whine as much as she did. That had to count for something.

"Dash."

And like that, there was blessed silence, and Dash reveled in it, going as far as to lay down on the floor and stare mindlessly at the ceiling. Dash had no idea how much she missed it until she was put in the same room as the definition of whining.

And for a few minutes, there was silence. No words, no crying, no tears. Just her, the ceiling, and her thoughts. Like how She was missing out on Twilight's birthday party. Like how she wasn't gonna watch her best friend slice the cake, open her presents, or have thousands of ponies sing happy birthday.

All because she lost her temper and punched some stupid unicorn who wanted to fit in with the worst ponies in the world.

Great, now she felt like crap in a different way then she was already feeling. She was an awful friend today. And, with that, Dash sat in silence for almost an hour, kicking herself in the flank for messing up her best friend's birthday party. It couldn't get any worse.

Then the door opened, and the four knights bowed low, and Rarity made a squeak that sounded like absolute terror.

"Rainbow Dash."

Oh.

Oh no. She was so, totally, fully, utterly wrong.

Dash practically teleported to her feet, and tried her best to look like she totally didn't punch a pony, ruin Twilight's birthday, or at any point tried to kiss her.

"Um, uh-"

"I thought I asked you to not cause any trouble."

The words were cool, calm, and measured, like everything the Princess ever said. Except, there was a underlying... sharpness that wasn't normally there. It was a tone that was completely foreign to her, and that was terrifying.

"Er, uh, I-"

"I didn't ask you to speak."

Dash practically swallowed her tongue there and then.

"Starting a fight. Nearly starting a stampede. Injuring a noble's daughter during said fight."

Dash lowered nervously to the ground. She totally forgot about that last one.

"Assaulting a Lunar knight. Breaking a punch table, and ruining yet another noble's dress."

She definitely didn't remember that last one. She remembered the table, but-

"What say you in your defense?"

Dash had nothing. Not a thing. She was hung out to dry, and totally, utterly gonna get banished from the castle. Possibly forever. All the other times she screwed up were accidents, but this? This was intentional, even if the results weren't what she had wanted.

"I, uh-"

"U-Uh, It was I who started the fight, your highness?"

Both Dash and the Princess turned their heads toward Rarity, Dash practically pulling a muscle in her neck in the process.

What?

"What did you say?"

The Princess' voice was icy now. That was a huge warning flag.

"I..." Rarity swallowed, before seemingly gaining some steel in her spine. "I started the fight. I verbally insulted the Princess' moral character, her behavior, and her status as the crown Princess. Ms... Dash was merely defending her honor, milady."

At that, there was silence. The Princess sat there, almost solid as stone, and Dash found herself staring at Rarity in shock. Rarity, on the other hoof, looked like she was about to be executed, and somehow managed to get even whiter than she normally was.

"I see. Guards? Escort Miss Rarity out, and see that she is returned home. You are now barred from ever returning to the castle."

Two plate mail covered ponies moved forward immediately did as commanded, opening Rarity's cell and escorting her from the room. Dash on the other hoof, remained where she was, waiting for her still impending doom.

But instead of doom, The Princess let out a exhausted sigh, and shook her head. She suddenly looked a dozen years older. "Was it too difficult to simply have a simple party? No fights, stampedes, nor mayhem?"

Dash didn't answer. Really, what else could she add? She was already in colossal trouble as it was; any backtalk or comments would just make it worse. So, Dash took the road less trodden, and kept her mouth shut.

After a moment of silence, The Princess just gave another tired sigh, and turned to leave.

"Your punishment is to stay in that cell until my daughter finds out where we put you and retrieves you. It shouldn't take long, the party is already over."

And, with that, the Princess left, and after that, it took Twilight fifteen minutes to find her, thirty to scold her, and fifty to get finally convinced that she should actually let her out of the prison cell.

Author's Note:

I just couldn't figure out how to end this chapter. I tried three different endings, but this one worked the best. :facehoof:

Regardless, at least it's finished. If there is any issues or problems, feel free to tell me in the comments. I'm still trying to get back into this story's saddle.

----------------------------

Element of Honesty:✔