• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 1,535 Views, 23 Comments

Rainbow Rocks: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



After the events of the Fall Formal, something other than Equestrian Magic was brought to Canterlot High. Twelve teenagers from another world try to help Princess Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, and the Rainbooms handle the Dazzlings.

  • ...
7
 23
 1,535

Welcome To The Show

After the Rainbooms left to prepare for the finals, Fragment Hunter was hanging out on the roof of Canterlot High School as they tried to figure out what the Sirens were planning. "Why would those girls want the Rainbooms to advance," Lapis asked as she saw the sun setting. "It doesn't make sense for the contest."

"Yeah, it's just confusing," Layla mentioned.

"Wouldn't they want Twilight, Shimmer, and the others out of the way," Azalea asked.

"Unless they thought it was an easy victory for them by going against the Rainbooms," Vinyl mused as she cleaned off her sunglasses.

"If they wanted an easy victory, they would've let Trixie go on and they would hypnotize the principals again," Rua bluntly said. "They're just bitches who spread hate wherever they go."

"Spread hate," Sunset Blaze repeated as her eyes widened. Remembering what the Dazzlings were and what they did, Blaze slapped her forehead as she realized what they did at the semifinals. "How could we be so stupid!? They gained more power by getting the other students to turn against Twilight and the others!"

Everyone heard what their de facto leader said and were upset at themselves. "Come on! We have some Siren ass to kick," Rua said as she punched her palm.

"I don't think so, Rua," Cereza warned. "They might be expecting us."

"So what? They've been on my nerves since we got here and if their plan involves the finals of the competition, we need to deal with them ASAP," Rua countered.

"Rua, we can't just rush in there like a Boarbatusk," Celadon stated. "We need a strategy. Perhaps Shimmer and Twilight can help come up with one?"

"Then, let's go down and find them," Silver said as he stood up. Leading the others down to the foyer, Silver and the rest of Fragment Hunter saw that people were already heading to the final round of the Battle of the Bands. "They might be busy with the contest, so we better find them quickly," Silver assumed.

As Fragment Hunter made their way to an empty hall, Rebecca sensed something. "Sunset, you feel that," the ninja asked.

"Yeah. Somebody's looking for us," Blaze said as she turned to see Spike rushing toward the group with DJ Pon-3 behind him. "Spike? What are you doing here," Blaze asked as Azalea picked up the dragon-turned-dog.

Spike had to catch his breath before he said one sentence that had everyone's attention, "Twilight and the others are trapped!"


Trixie was performing her song from the semifinals as the Rainbooms struggled to try and free themselves from their makeshift prison underneath the stage. After hours of being trapped, the only one who was still trying to break down the only door was Rainbow Dash. Charging into it, Rainbow only impacted against the door and hurt her shoulder. "Give it a rest, Rainbow Dash. You've been trying for hours," Applejack stated. "That door's not gonna open for us from this side."

"Maybe it doesn't even matter that we're trapped down here," Twilight bemoaned. "I don't think the counter-spell would have worked anyway."

"Of course it would have worked, Twilight," Applejack reassured Twilight before turning to Rainbow Dash. "Assumin' a certain band member didn't try to hog the spotlight the whole time we were tryin' to play it!"

Rainbow Dash looked indignant as she faced Applejack. "If you wanna tell Twilight she's getting a little too caught up trying to be the new leader of this band, you don't have to be all cryptic about it."

"She was talking about you, Rainbow Dash," Rarity exclaimed as she pointed her at her egotistical friend.

"Me," Rainbow Dash asked in surprise. "I'm just trying to make sure my band rocks as hard as it needs to!"

"OUR BAND," Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy all shouted at Rainbow. They were so loud that their voices caused Rainbow Dash's hair to blow back like a breeze went through the room.

As Rainbow Dash looked at her friends in anger, Twilight was asking herself about the failed counter-spell. "But why wasn't it working? I should know what to do. How could I not know what to do? How could I have failed like this?" Sunset Shimmer looked at Twilight and the others in worry. Even though she was playing with Fragment Hunter for most of the Battle of the Bands, she was still paying attention to the issues that the Rainbooms were caught up in while they started their band.

"It might've been your idea to start a band, but it's not just your band, Rainbow Dash," Applejack stated.

"I'm the one who writes all the songs," Rainbow Dash said.

"I write songs," Fluttershy voiced. "You just never let us play any of them!"

"I had the most perfect outfits for us to wear," Rarity said as she thought of what everyone would have during their performances.

"Again with the costumes," Applejack complained. "No one cares what we're wearin', Rarity!"

"I care, Applejack! So sorry if I enjoy trying to make a creative contribution to the band," Rarity practically screamed at AJ.

"Hey! Anybody here remember fun," Pinkie exclaimed as she popped up between her arguing friends. "I'll give you a hint: It's the exact opposite of being in the Rainbooms!"

"I wish I never asked any of you to be in my band," Rainbow Dash said to the others.

"I wish I'd never agreed to be in it," Rarity yelled at Rainbow Dash.

"Me neither," Applejack and Fluttershy agreed before the five members of the Rainbooms got into a shouting match. As they argued with each other, Sunset Shimmer looked on in worry while Twilight was stewing in her own troubles. As the girls kept yelling at one another, Shimmer saw some sort of green mist flowing from them and looked up. Seeing the mist floating up to the stage, Sunset Shimmer slowly realized that the seven of them had been played by the Dazzlings.

As Trixie finished her song, she taunted the Dazzlings before they slowly walked onto the stage with their hips swaying and they began to sing. As the three girls vocalized, they absorbed the mist they saw emerging from the trapdoor that held the Rainbooms. Hearing the Dazzlings sing, Sunset Shimmer finally figured out what they were planning. "No! This... can't be happening! I have to help my friends," she thought to herself before separating the Rainbooms.

"Stop! You have to stop! This is what they've been after all along! They're feeding off of the magic inside you," Shimmer explained.

"How can they be using our magic? It's the magic of friendship," Applejack asked.

Sunset Shimmer looked at Twilight before she explained what she meant. "Ever since you started this band, you've been letting little things get to you. Like what songs to sing or how you look when you play. I never said anything 'cause I didn't feel like it was my place. Not when I'm so new to this whole "friendship" thing. I still have a lot to learn," Shimmer said as she explained why she didn't help sooner. "But, I do know that if you don't work out even the smallest problems right at the start, the magic of friendship can be turned into something else."

Twilight and the Rainbooms listened intently to what Sunset Shimmer had to say and the princess realized something. "I can't believe all this tension was happening right under my nose and I didn't realize it. I'm supposed to be the one with all the answers. And all I've done since I got here is let you down," Twilight deprecated herself before Shimmer put a hand on her shoulder.

"I don't think anyone is supposed to have all the answers. But, you can count on your friends to help you find them," Shimmer explained.

Looking at the Rainbooms, Twilight saw all of their smiles and realization hit her again. "I think you and Fragment Hunter already have," Twilight said as she remembered several pieces of advice they gave while she was stressed over everything. "C'mon! We need to get out of here!"

The Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer all tried to break down the door again, but failed and fell to the ground. Before they could get up and try again, they heard a familiar voice from the other side. "STAND BACK," they said before breaking the door into splinters by hitting it with a dropkick. Seeing the door pieces clatter on the ground, the Rainbooms also saw Azalea roll to her feet and dust off her sweater. "Blaze heard everything with her Semblance. We're up to speed."

Twilight saw Spike walk up next to them and she grabbed her friend in delight. "Sorry that I took so long. I needed to find anyone who wasn't under the Dazzlings' spell and I'm sure Fragment Hunter needed more backup," Spike explained as the other eleven teenagers helped the Rainbooms to their feet. Peering in, everyone saw DJ Pon-3 smiling at them.

"Why isn't she under their spell," Twilight asked.

"She never takes off her headphones," Spike stated. The girl just gave a thumbs-up in reply.

"Come on, y'all! Time to prove we've still got the magic of friendship inside us," Applejack exclaimed as she was at the broken door frame.

"And there's only one way to do it," Twilight mentioned.

"We're getting the band back together," Pinkie asked.

"We're getting our band back together," Rainbow Dash clarified. The news made Pinkie cheerfully jump for joy.

"Ooh, which version of the counter-spell are we going to play," Rarity asked.

"I don't think it matters which song we play as long as we do it together as friends," Twilight explained.

"If that's the case, we could've just blasted them with 'Caffeine' or 'It's My Turn'," Vinyl said as she crossed her arms.

"I know just the song for us to play," Rainbow Dash said and confused everyone. "Fluttershy's written a really great one," she said as she walked up to her friend. Hearing that one of her songs was going to be used for the counter-spell, Fluttershy had a giant smile that couldn't even begin to describe her happiness. Azalea saw the shy girl's happiness and couldn't help but smile as well.

Applejack pondered something before she spoke up again. "We're about to save the world here. Personally, I think we should do it in style. Rarity?"

Glad to hear that her contributions were wanted, Rarity showed the Rainbooms a rack of dresses that fell down with them. "I thought you'd never ask!"

"Something tells me we're going to need more than a nice song, friendship, and costumes," Sunset Blaze said. "If they took magic from you that lets you transform, they might get physically stronger." She turned to her teammates and everyone knew what she was thinking. "Fragment Hunter, it's time to lock and load. We're going monster hunting," Blaze said as she clenched a fist in front of herself.

"Hell yes," Rua said as she cracked her knuckles. "It's time to bring it to those Sirens!"

"Couldn't agree with you more," the rest of Fragment Hunter unanimously and simultaneously said.

"The real Battle of the Bands starts now," Sunset Blaze declared as her eyes flashed for a brief second.

Author's Note:

Okay! About two more chapters left for this story including an epilogue. The next chapter will be the other fight scene I wanted to write up between Fragment Hunter as a whole vs the Dazzlings in their magically enhanced forms. Hope those of you who read it will like it.

You can ask anything about my OC's if you want to know more about them. Just leave a comment.