• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 1,535 Views, 23 Comments

Rainbow Rocks: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



After the events of the Fall Formal, something other than Equestrian Magic was brought to Canterlot High. Twelve teenagers from another world try to help Princess Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, and the Rainbooms handle the Dazzlings.

  • ...
7
 23
 1,535

Azalea Calla Holstein VS The Dazzlings

As Azalea stood in the gym wearing a white tank top, her black choker, a pair of jeans, a pair of boots, and her red bandanna to cover her horns, Vinyl selected a song to play over the gym's sound system. As the music blasted through the gym, Azalea threw a few punches for warm up for a fight while the Dazzlings stared at her. Realizing that Azalea wanted an actual fight and the crowd around them, the three Sirens obliged and got into fighting stances. "If this is what you want, who are we to deny you," Adagio said. "Just don't get upset when you lose," she said with a smirk. Thinking that if Azalea lost, the negativity from the fight would give them even more power.

Pinkie Pie suddenly appeared between the Dazzlings and Azalea with a microphone in her hands and tapped on it to make sure it was working. "Welcome, one and all to the fight of a lifetime," she said like an announcer for a boxing match on TV. "We have a great match for you to see! Three against one! In this corner," she said as she gestured to the Dazzlings. "Three beautiful girls who already made an appearance when they sang for us in the cafeteria. They're pretty! They're alluring," Pinkie hyped up before turning to where nobody seemed to be looking and whispered something. "And a trio who want to take over the world with their hate induced influence," she muttered to nobody in particular, but felt like somebody heard it. "They're the sirens of singing; THE DAZZLINGS!!!"

Everyone began to cheer when Pinkie's antics and the music made everything seem like a real fighting match. The Dazzlings themselves basked in the adoration of the 'fans' before Pinkie spoke into the microphone again. "And in the other corner, we have the challenger! She's a cute girl who grew up on a simple farm, but was bullied as she got older. Getting through it all, she became tougher despite her shy personality. She's the daughter of a raging bull man! She's a huntress of monsters! SHE'S AZALEA CALLA HOLSTEIN!!!!" Fragment Hunter cheered loudly as Azalea stepped forward after Pinkie's introductions.

"You got this," Rainbow Dash cheered as she got hyped up by everything.

"BEAT 'EM DOWN," Rua shouted in encouragement.

"Let's go, Lea," Layla and Sunset Blaze exclaimed.

Adagio smirked at everything that was happening. "I suppose that we can amuse ourselves with this," she said as she shrugged her arms. "There's no way tha-" Adagio was cut off when Azalea rushed forward and threw a strong haymaker into Adagio's face. "OW!!!"

Seeing their leader get hurt, Aria laughed at the injured Siren. "Serves you right, Adagi-" Aria couldn't even finish saying Adagio's name before Azalea attacked her. With a few jabs that felt stronger than Rua's punches, Aria was disoriented by the blows. Azalea ended her combo attack by grabbing Aria by the arm and throwing her into Adagio to knock them both to the ground.

Sonata gulped at what she saw and raised her arms to block Azalea's next punches, but they didn't come. Instead, Azalea circled around the flinching Siren and grabbed her by the waist. Lifting her up, Azalea delivered a German suplex that sent Sonata on the ground in pain while she rolled onto her feet again.

Adagio and Aria lifted themselves off the ground and glared at Azalea, who looked like she hasn't broken a sweat. "You'll pay for that, Dairy Cow," Adagio said with a snarl.

"You shouldn't call me that," Azalea warned before she kicked Sonata hard enough to send her flying into Aria. After the two Sirens crashed to the floor, Azalea jumped in the air and flipped to build up momentum for an axe kick that hit Adagio in the shoulder. Following up with jabs, hooks, and uppercuts, Azalea knocked Adagio back to the ground. "I've put up with enough names like that in my life", Azalea said before she turned to see Aria rushing her.

Grabbing the Siren by the shoulders, Azalea headbutted Aria to daze her before stomping down on her foot. With Aria unable to move as well as she could, Azalea delivered a hook that lead into an elbow strike and knocked the Siren to the ground. "Ooh! A dirty move from Azalea," Pinkie said as an announcer again. "And the Dazzlings don't find that fun at all!"

"BITCH," Aria shouted while writhing in pain.

"Look in a mirror lately," Azalea retorted before seeing Sonata and Adagio trying to catch her off guard. Easily dodging their attacks with minimal movement, Azalea began to sing along to the music playing in order to taunt the Dazzlings. "Put em up, show me what you got! I wanna see how you rock, if you're great or not! Wanna take my spot, better train to box! I put the game on lock, and my reign won't stop," she sang before backhanding Sonata away and punching Adagio hard enough to send her flying backward.

"Forget someone," Aria taunted as she tried to throw a punch at Azalea from behind. Quickly turning around, Azalea was able to parry Aria's attack by punching the Siren's fist. "ARGH," Aria screamed in pain as she clutched her hand when Azalea countered. Taking advantage of this, Azalea grabbed Aria and hoisted the Siren above her head. Throwing Aria into Sonata, the two were injured further before Adagio managed to fight back.

With a swift kick to the chest, Adagio managed to actually land a hit on Azalea and watched the girl wince in pain. "Ha! How do you like that," Adagio taunted as she took satisfaction in being able to actually harm the girl that was handing their butts to them.

Everyone watching winced in pain as they saw Azalea get kicked in the breasts. Standing back up, Azalea looked mad and said two words to the Dazzlings. "Warmup's over." Heading to the refreshment tables, everyone but Fragment Hunter was thinking that it wasn't time for a drink. However, they were all shocked to see Azalea easily lift two heavy tables with one hand each. Chucking them at the Sirens, Adagio and Aria had to dodge while Sonata was still dazed from all the hits she took before and tripped.

Getting hit by the flying tables, Sonata groaned in pain as other two Dazzlings checked up on her. "Ow... I wanna go home now," Sonata muttered.

"You're the worst, Sonata," Aria said before Azalea tackled her to the ground and stomped on her chest hard. The impact from Azalea's boot had Aria coughing violently and a few specks of blood fell on her own cheeks.

With her bandmates down and Azalea glaring at Adagio for what she did earlier, the last Siren tried to keep fighting by throwing a punch at her opponent. Azalea easily dodged the attack and countered by punching Adagio's arm with a strong blow. The impact managed to break Adagio's arm and the Siren screamed in pain before Azalea went to finish the battle. With speeds that barely any of the regular teenagers could see without becoming a blur, Azalea delivered dozens of jabs and uppercuts before one final uppercut sent Adagio a few feet into the air and crashed down on her back.

Everyone was speechless at what they just saw. One girl managed to show off fighting skill on par with movies and TV shows, fought three girls that insulted her all at once, and injured all of them. "That... was... AWESOME," Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie exclaimed as Azalea retrieved her removed clothes. Everyone cheered at the amazing fight that they just witnessed, but only a few saw the damage done by Azalea.

Layla then stepped forward and used her Semblance to fix everything that was broken during the fight. Repairing the damaged tables, piecing broken bowls back together, and even helping with any dislocated or broken limbs that the Dazzlings sustained in the fight with Azalea. Layla finished fixing everything, but she wasn't as strong with her Semblance like Professor Glynda Goodwitch at Beacon Academy was, so managing to repair what was needed took a lot of effort on Layla's part and she gripped her head in pain when she was done.

The Dazzlings soon came to and felt the pain from Azalea's beatdown. Seeing everyone in a good mood, Adagio was mad at what happened at that the crowd was cheering for Azalea. "I'll give you credit for beating us like you did," Adagio admitted. "It takes a pretty strong fighter to take on three opponents at once. But, we'll see how you fare in the Battle of the Bands."

"You're lucky that we're singers and not soldiers," Aria said as she glared at Azalea. "We would've kicked your butt."

"Doubt it," Rainbow Dash and all of Fragment Hunter remarked as they knew the truth.

Sonata could only moan in pain and couldn't say anything to Azalea, so she just waved goodbye as she limped away with Aria. Adagio turned back to Azalea and Fragment Hunter to say one last thing before leaving. "You haven't seen the last of us." The Sirens left, but the crowd was too busy cheering for Azalea's victory to care.

"What was with that," Twilight and Sunset Shimmer asked.

The members of Fragment Hunter all had the same serious look in their eye as they answered simultaneously. "Never. Call Azalea. 'Dairy Cow'. Or else."


"Owwie," Sonata complained as she sat down in the library and healed herself with her magic.

"Don't be such a baby," Aria said as she kept her knuckles against a cold bottle of soda. Wiping off the dry blood from her cheeks, Aria turned to Adagio and saw her necklace glowing to show that she was healing her broken arm. "What was with that girl? All because we called her a dair-"

"NO," Sonata exclaimed as she briefly ignored her lingering pain to cover Aria's mouth. "Don't say the 'D' word! I think they'll know," Sonata warned.

"Regardless of what happened after, we found what we've been looking for," Adagio mentioned. "Or rather, it found us."

"Huh? All I remember is being thrown around like a ball," Sonata said as she rubbed her head. Aria Blaze facepalmed at Sonata's confusion, but instantly regretted it when she used the hand that Azalea punched.

"Magic," Adagio clarified. "Everyone else at the party had fallen under our spell. All except the Rainbooms and Fragment Hunter. Those girls and the two boys are special."

"And cute," Sonata said as she remembered Silver and Slate.

"Shut up, Sonata," Aria grumbled.

"We just have to figure out how to get those two bands to start fighting with each other," Adagio pondered before she winced in pain. "After my arm and face stop hurting so much."


Outside the school, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle, Spike, the Rainbooms, and Fragment Hunter were all wondering what went wrong with Twilight's initial plan. "It doesn't make any sense. I should have been able to create the spark that would help us break their spell. That's how it worked before," the princess mused as she paced in front of the teenagers.

"But when you beat me, you drew power from the Element of Magic that I stole from you and used that," Sunset Shimmer mentioned. As Twilight started to chew on her finger in thought, Shimmer came up with a theory. "The Sirens magic comes from their voices and music. So maybe you have to use the same kind of magic to defeat them," she stated. Twilight stopped chewing on her finger and looked back at Sunset, who immediately tried to think of a better idea. "Or... maybe not."

"No. I think you're onto something," Twilight said as she faced Sunset Shimmer.

"Really," Shimmer asked with a spark of hope in her tone.

"It's when you play music that you transform now, right," Twilight asked the Rainbooms.

Applejack nodded as she answered. "Yup. Ears, tails, the whole shebang."

"So maybe the way to use that magic to defeat the sirens is by playing a musical counter-spell," Twilight theorized.

"You mean like a song," Fluttershy asked as she moved her hair out of her face.

"Fight fire with fire," Sunset Blaze and Lapis said as they realized the idea could work.

"Uh-huh," Twilight confirmed. "But in order for it to work and free everyone under the Dazzlings' spell, we need them all to hear it," she mentioned.

Thinking of how they can get everyone affected by the Sirens' magic in one place, Rarity gasped when she realized the perfect opportunity. "The band competition! That's the next time we can be certain everyone will be in the same place at the same time."

"And if that fails, we can just have Lapis scream at them, the rest of us cut them down to size, or have Azalea beat them into paste again," Rua remarked.

"The Rainbooms and Fragment Hunter are the bands to beat," Vinyl declared.

"And I believe you, Twilight, just became the Rainbooms' newest member," Rarity said as she inducted the princess into the band.

As the rest of the band cheered and laughed for Twilight, Sunset Shimmer looked discouraged and sad at their decision. While they decided on what Twilight should do in the band, Sunset Blaze, Vinyl, and Azalea all saw Sunset Shimmer's face and started to think of something. "What are we going to do about Shimmer," Azalea asked in a telepathic conversation with Sunset Blaze's Semblance allowing them to communicate with their minds.

"She looked like she really wanted to join the Rainbooms," Vinyl mentioned.

Thinking it over, Sunset Blaze realized what she could do and snapped her fingers as she came up with a solution. "I've got an idea," Blaze telepathically said before she saw Twilight heading to the front doors of the school.

"Where are you going," Applejack asked.

Turning to face them, Twilight explained what she did when she was at Canterlot High during the time before the Fall Formal. "Well, last time we were here, Spike and I spent the night in the library," she said.

"Are you kidding? We're besties now," Pinkie stated as she hugged Twilight tightly. "Slumber party at my house! Everyone's invited," the energetic girl declared as she lifted Twilight into the air.

"Can your place even hold more than twenty people," Cereza asked.

"I dunno, but it's going to be fun with everyone there," Pinkie said. "You'll all love my sisters! They're great!"

As Pinkie started to explain about what they were going to do, Blaze stopped Shimmer to talk with her. "I have an idea for you to help in the Battle of the Bands," the warrior said to the former unicorn. Confused by what Blaze meant, Shimmer listened to what the former whispered into her ear. Eyes widening at the plan, Shimmer stared at Blaze and thought it over on the walk to Pinkie's home.

Author's Note:

One of my favorite parts of the conversation I had with my friend on FanFiction that inspired this fic was picturing my RWBY OC's actually fighting the villains they end up encountering. And who hasn't pictured a cathartic beatdown of a sinister/vile villain.

The song is from and several parts of Azalea's fight were actually inspired by one of my favorite Death Battle episodes; Balrog VS TJ Combo!

And just so you know, this isn't the only chapter with a fight scene in it. I have another with a pretty awesome finish that'll happen later.

Any questions about my OC's? Check my Tumblr links in the story description or go ahead and ask me in the comments.