• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 1,535 Views, 23 Comments

Rainbow Rocks: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



After the events of the Fall Formal, something other than Equestrian Magic was brought to Canterlot High. Twelve teenagers from another world try to help Princess Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, and the Rainbooms handle the Dazzlings.

  • ...
7
 23
 1,535

The Dazzlings Enter

Waiting in the foyer by the front doors, Adagio, Aria, and Sonata patiently stood as Sunset Shimmer approached them. "Hi. Are you the girls I'm supposed to show around," Shimmer asked as she and the teenagers she was talking with earlier showed up.

Stepping into their view, Adagio and her associates were seen in new outfits instead of the hooded disguises they wore when they saw the unusual rainbows and lights in the dead of night. "We are," Adagio confirmed. "I'm Adagio Dazzle and these are my friends, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk," she said gesturing to each of them.

"Another 'Blaze'? This'll get confusing," Sunset Blaze remarked.

"Just call her 'Aria'," Sonata said to try and help.

"That's a lot of hair," Rua commented as she saw Adagio's poofy haircut. "Did she buy a crate of hairspray for that look, or what?"

Ignoring Rua, Sunset Shimmer started the tour for everyone. "Canterlot High is a great school. You're really gonna love it here," Shimmer said as she lead the way.

"Oh, yes, we really sense there's something... magical about this place," Adagio said as she followed Sunset Shimmer. However, the way she spoke made Sunset Blaze suspicious.


As they were getting a better tour of the building, everyone made their way through another hallway as Sunset Shimmer explained which rooms were what. "That's the science lab. Computer lab is in there," she gestured to two different rooms before seeing a poster that was made earlier in the day. "Oh! We're having a big musical showcase this weekend! The whole school is pretty much rallying around it," she mentioned in hopes of getting more acts for the event.

Adagio gasped at the information and asked for confirmation. "A musical showcase," she inquired as she looked back at Aria and Sonata. All three of them smiled like they knew something that Sunset Shimmer didn't and this didn't go unnoticed by Sunset Blaze and a few others.

"Maybe we could join the showcase with our band," Vinyl suggested.

"Yeah! Fragment Hunter would be a great addition to this," Silver exclaimed as he punched his palm.

"I'm sure that since you're all new, Principal Celestia would let you sign up and join if you're interested," Sunset Shimmer said.

Aria inspected her nails as she spoke up. "We have been know to sing from time to time."

"Hello? We sing, like, all the time," Sonata stated. "It's how we get people to do what we want." Hearing this, Sunset Shimmer was confused, Fragment Hunter stared at Sonata in suspicion, and Adagio growled at her and signaled for her to stop talking. "Wha-What did I say," Sonata asked with a clueless tone.

"What you meant to say was that being in a musical showcase sounds like a great way to meet other students," Adagio answered for her blue-haired associate.

"That didn't sound like it," Rua said as she crossed her arms and glared at the three girls. Adagio glared back in turn, but Sonata tried to say that what Adagio said for her was what she meant.

Aria scoffed at Sonata's clueless behavior again and began to argue with her. "And what you would have said if you weren't the worst."

"You are," Sonata retorted weakly.

"You'll have to excuse Aria and Sonata. They're idiots," Adagio said about her friends as she began to fiddle with the gem on her necklace.

"They also have names that mean the complete opposite of each other," Lapis mentioned and laughed to herself.

As Sunset Shimmer and several members of Fragment Hunter were thoroughly confused by the girls, Azalea noticed the pendants that the girls wore were all the same red gem. "Those are pretty," she mentioned before reaching to get a better look. "Where did you-"

Azalea was cut off as Adagio grabbed at her wrist and squeezed to keep her away from her choker. "HEY! Let her go, Hairball," Rua said as she glared and snarled at Adagio. "Otherwise, you'll regret it," she said as she cracked her knuckles.

"Oh, please," Aria dismissed. "What could a pipsqueak like you do?" Aria regretted what she said as she felt an impact against her left cheek and was suddenly against the metal door of a nearby locker. Adagio, Sonata, and Sunset Shimmer were surprised at Rua's sudden attack on Aria, but Fragment Hunter just stared like it was a common occurrence.

Punching Aria in the face again, Rua quickly followed up with a shot to her throat and a palm strike aimed at her nose. After being dazed by the attacks, Aria was pulled away from the lockers and Rua kicked her in the ribs before pinning her to the ground. Looking back at Adagio, Rua spoke again to make her previous point clear. "Let. Go. Of. My friend."

Listening to Rua as she kept Aria in an armlock on the floor, Adagio released her grip from Azalea's wrist and Rua released Aria in return. Moaning in pain as Sonata helped her to her feet, Aria looked at the punk girl who gave her a beatdown. The two glared at each other with enough fury that Sunset Shimmer swore that somebody would die if they walked between the stares.

"Sorry about this whole thing," Adagio apologized. "These pendants are very important to us. We'd hate for anything to happen to them," she explained. "Come on, girls," Adagio said to Sonata and Aria. "We should get out of here before the punk tries to fight again." Leaving with Aria leaning against Sonata, the girls turned the corner and disappeared from sight.

Sunset Shimmer just kept staring at Rua and could only say one thing, "Wow."

"Yeah, Rua can get pretty... aggressive when she's protecting anyone. Or if she's called 'short'," Lapis said.

"This has happened before," Shimmer asked in disbelief.

Everyone nodded before Silver began to elaborate, "The first time we saw it, a bully in our history class back at Beacon made Azalea cry and run off because he insulted her. Rua ended up beating in the bully's face and knocking his cronies to floor because they all laughed at Lea crying like she did."

"Good thing that Rua wasn't here when you were like that. Right, Shimmer," Sunset Blaze mentioned. "You probably would have needed false teeth." Sunset Shimmer eyes widened and her irises narrowed at the idea of Rua breaking her teeth if she was around during her time as the power-hungry wannabe princess of Canterlot High School. Seeing Rua look at her in confusion, Shimmer gulped in fear.

"Don't worry, Blaze and Azalea messaged us about what you were like and how you're different now," Rua reassured. "The only way I would beat you up is if you were one of those dumb divas." Shimmer sighed in relief at at this and they continued the rest of their tour.


"Ouch... I can't believe that punk brat managed to do that to me," Aria complained as she leaned against a wall.

"Just focus," Adagio said. "With a musical showcase showing up, that means we have a chance to get the energy we need to help find that Equestrian magic. We just need to get the right audience."

"What about Aria," Sonata asked.

"Remember, Sonata," Adagio began to lecture. "We still have enough magic of our own. So, we can at least heal from some wounds by using the energy we already absorbed." To prove Adagio's point, Aria's necklace began to shine a dull red and her bruises began to fade away. "See? Now we have to get ready for the showcase."


In the school's cafeteria, everyone was enjoying their lunch break and catching up with each other. However, having twelve new faces show up was pretty attention-grabbing when all of them entered together. Several students were already commenting about each member of Fragment Hunter and how they looked, which made Azalea slightly uncomfortable until Slate placed his hat on her head again.

Finding an empty table near where Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms were, the group of twelve sat down with their food and started to talk about what happened earlier with the three girls during the tour. "That Adagio girl was pretty protective of her jewelry," Celadon said as she took a bite of a strawberry.

"And we aren't," Layla retorted as she pointed to her bracelets to prove a point.

"But, our jewelry is special," Lapis mentioned.

"Was there anything strange about those gems when you saw them, Lea," Sunset Blaze asked.

Azalea swallowed what she was eating and thought back to earlier. "Those rubies were different than what you would normally wear. They didn't feel like Dust, but there was something about them," Azalea described. "I swore I felt some kind of power in them... it felt strange... and even alluring to an extent but not enough to break me," she said as she thought of the right words.

"Something about those girls doesn't seem right," Sunset Blaze stated. "I think they're up to something."

Just outside the cafeteria, Adagio was talking with Aria and Sonata about what the next step of their plan was. "This is it, girls. The moment we've been waiting for," Adagio said as she faced her friends.

"Lunch," Sonata gasped in excitement.

Adagio facepalmed at Sonata forgetting about their plan. "The chance to get our true Equestrian magic back," Adagio groaned before explaining.

"Oh. Right," Sonata innocently remembered as Aria rolled her eyes.

Looking through the glass doors to the cafeteria, Adagio smirked as she explained what she wanted the others to do. "Our voices are just strong enough to make them want something so badly, they'll fight to get it."

"So we're just gonna do what we always do? Stir up some trouble and then feed off the negative energy," Aria said knowing that the three of them have been doing the same thing for months. "Some plan, Adagio," Aria snarked as she fiddled with her hair.

"It won't be the same as the times before," Adagio exclaimed. "There is Equestrian magic here. Their negative energy will give us the power we need to get this entire world to do our bidding," she said while grinning sinisterly at what she was scheming.

"But, we can still get lunch after, right," Sonata asked as she looked at a poster for what was happening for the school lunch menu. "It's Taco Tuesday! I'm hungry."

"Just follow my lead, girls," Adagio ordered as she poked Sonata in the collarbone.

"Or my lead," Aria suggested as she thought of what she could do for a change.

Adagio grabbed at Aria's vest and snarled at her. "My lead!" Releasing Aria, Sonata giggled at the former's expense and could only sulk until they slammed the doors open and began to sing.

Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh
Ah, ah-ah, ah-ahh

As Adagio, Aria, and Sonata vocalized, everyone turned to see who was randomly singing as they entered. Seeing the three girls walked through the cafeteria, they were swaying their hips sensually and subtly ran their fingers along whoever they passed by.

We heard you want to get together
We heard you want to rock this school
We've thought of something that is better
Something that changes all the rules
Why pretend we're all the same
When some of us shine brighter?

Shine brighter

Here's a chance to find your flame
Are you a loser or a fighter?

"Okay, they can sing pretty well," Lapis complimented. "But, where are the instruments coming from," she asked in confusion.

"Not from me," Vinyl said as she checked the braces she wore on her arms and legs.

Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?
Are you afraid of failing the audition?

You're a star and you should know it
Yeah, you rise above the rest
It doesn't matter who you hurt
If you're just proving you're the best

Suddenly, the tone and tempo of the song picked up as the girls sang louder.

Ah, ahh-ahh-ahhh

Battle! You wanna win it
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands

As the girls began to chant the word 'battle', Fragment Hunter looked around to see that students were beginning to argue with each other over who would win in a contest against each other. As they looked at the singing girls, Sunset Blaze clutched at her head in pain like something was overwhelming her. Seeing their friend act like she was after seeing Adagio's eyes briefly flash green, Fragment Hunter glared at the girl and her bandmates as the arguing students began to sing along with them.

Me and you, you and me
Why don't we see who is better?
We don't have to be one and the same thing
Oh, what's so wrong with a little competition?

I'm going out and winning the audition

Battle! We wanna win it
Let's have a battle, battle of the bands
Let's have a battle, we'll go all in it
Let's have a battle, battle, battle
Battle of the bands!

After everyone stopped singing, most of the students in the cafeteria began to argue with each other. "What the hell was with that," Rua asked.

"I don't know," Sunset Blaze said as she felt the pain subside a little. "But, I think those girls have some kind of power."

"Considering how you acted like your head was in a vice, I'd have to agree," Rebecca remarked.

Seeing that Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms weren't arguing like the other students, Azalea started to think of something. "You think that those divas and what we saw in the music room earlier is connected, Blaze," Azalea asked.

Remembering the wings, ears, and tail-like hair extensions suddenly appearing when they first looked around and met the Rainbooms, Sunset Blaze thought it was possible. "What are you talking about, Freckles," Layla asked in confusion.

"We'll need to talk with those girls if we all want answers," Blaze declared as she pointed to Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms leaving the cafeteria.


Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms were walking down the hall as they discussed what they saw in the cafeteria. "Those three are definitely in possession of some kind of dark magic. How else could you explain what happened back there," Shimmer theorized.

"A manifestation of their souls as a superpower," a voice said from next to Sunset Shimmer. Looking at the source, it was revealed that Cereza Fujita gave her opinion and the Rainbooms eyed her strangely.

"Yeah. Like that would happen," Rainbow Dash dismissed before she kicked her soccer ball. However, she hit it too hard and it bounced off the wall before heading straight for Cereza's head. Quickly leaning her head to the side, Cereza dodged the ball and the world around her became distorted in a pink and purple coloration. With everything moving so slow everything seemed to freeze in place, Cereza grabbed the soccer ball out of the air and walked over to the girl who kicked it. Placing the ball in Rainbow Dash's arms, Cereza continued to move through the distorted time by placing Applejack's hat on the soccer ball, placing Pinkie Pie back on the ground after she jumped in the air, and placing a lollipop in the mouths of each girl.

As time began to flow normally, the Rainbooms and Sunset Shimmer were surprised at what happened. With Applejack's hat on Rainbow's soccer ball, Pinkie suddenly on the ground despite jumping in the air, and everyone with candy in their mouths, they couldn't register what happened until Cereza spoke up. "If you want to know what happened, I suggest that we all find a nice quiet place to talk and get answers from each other."

Author's Note:

Okay! This chapter was longer compared to the other two, but that's because of the involvement of the Dazzlings and Fragment Hunter's abilities. Now, the Humane 6 are going to get some answers as to what just happened in an instant to them and learn about the World of Remnant.

Remember, if you have questions about my OC's, follow the links to the character profiles on my Tumblr or just ask me.