• Published 13th Aug 2018
  • 672 Views, 48 Comments

Love is not Blind! Not even close - Sense of Humor



The Element of Generosity has a unique problem on her hooves.

  • ...
3
 48
 672

Blinded by Frosting

Rarity dragged herself into Sugarcube corner quite literally, given how she carried herself only by the aura of her magic. The journey officially ended just as she slumped onto a stool in front of the counter. Rarity, needless to say, was enjoying the new renovations to the bakery.

"Uuuugh." She groaned into the cushion of the stool, hear ears detecting a familiar bounce approaching.

"Awwww!" Pinkie Pie leaned over the counter to stare at Rarity. "Why the long face, Ace?"

The unicorn reluctantly lifted her head and offered a dry look. " I cannot possibly talk without a sugar swirl sundae."

"I thought you said you didn't like them because of the calories." When she got the look, Pinkie shrugged and summoned a sundae from the depths of her mane. "Well, Ok. If you say so."

Rarity practically slurped up the whole thing, somehow barreling past the brain freeze that tried to attack her. As she idly drank the caramel goodness, her eyes wandered here and there to alleviate her frustrations. She blinked suspiciously as she noticed a trio of stallions suddenly looking away when she laid eyes on them, and then a lone stallion doing the same when her sights ventured towards him. Well, this certainly wasn't doing anything to get rid of her frustrations.

"Pinkie Pie, How do you do it?" She asked abruptly.

"Well, first I start with a base of vanilla bean and then I added a chocolate chunk layer and then I sprinkle skittles in the mix! After that, I drizzle the whole thing with a great big dollop of caramel syrup and then I--"

"No, I mean...being a good friend. How do you do it?"

Pinkie paused entirely, her smile falling in deep thought. "...Uh, I guess...I don't know, really. I just sort of do my best to make my friends happy. Give them what they want when they need it, like how I gave you the Sugar Swirl Sundae because you needed it. " She stretched her arms out. "Or giving you a hug because you look like you need it."

"I don't need a hug, darling. I just needed the sundae. I'll save that hug for a rainy day or something," The unicorn said as she settled her chin in her hoof. "And thanks for the explanation. Hopefully it'll be of use to me while I'm dealing with this stallion."

"Oooh, a stallion~," The Party Pony purred preposterously. "What--Is he playing hard to get?"

Rarity rolled her eyes. "No, Pinkie, that's not...well...actually, yes! He is playing hard to get! He's new in town and so far he's either been melancholic slash despondent or snide slash sarcastic! Out of all the attempts at friendship that I've thrown at him, only one did something! And even then it was a minuscule improvement."

"Oh, that's why your butt is glowing."

"That about sums it up, yes." Rarity pouted pathetically. "What am I going to do? I tried to ask him to a nice, friendly breakfast and he said no! He's not making this friendship problem solving very easy!"

"It's never easy for any of us when solving friendship problems!" Pinkie shrugged. "You gotta think beyond friendly meetings and casual talks! Visit him at home! Send him a nice gift! Always bring a positive outlook to his day." The mare reached forward and grabbed the unicorn by her cheeks, smashing their noses together. "You're the Elemnent of Generosity! Give him a generous friendship!"

Rarity blinked, lips pursed from her squished cheeks. "I shuppose tha makesh shense."

Pinkie let go and offered a proud smirk. "I always make sense."

Rarity rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. Ignoring the wandering eyes she could see at the corners of her vision, the unicorn picked up her sundae and started to leave. "Thank you for everything, Darling! I must go to get my brainstorming started! I hope to see you soon?"

"Abso-tootely!" Pinkie waved.

Author's Note:

Well, at least this is longer than the other short chapter!